PDA

View Full Version : server coming back up?

Chuggalugg
12-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Will test server be coming back up today?

Queenymeria
12-19-2014, 06:32 AM
I'd like to know too. Is this an update already? Or the test server will be open only when there's an update coming?

Kaytrada
12-19-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm sure they'd keep the test server open even if there wasn't an immediate update as they went through all the trouble of trying to get people interested and leaving out such a huge consequence would be pretty low. Also unless Scapes is feeling generous I don't quite think there's enough people on the PTS forums to warrant a response but I also could be wrong.

Liloou
12-19-2014, 08:35 AM
guess they are just still sleeping or just awake ;-P

Keflin
12-19-2014, 09:29 AM
I got the update message last night. But it has been down ever since then.

Whimsical
12-19-2014, 09:52 AM
guess they are just still sleeping or just awake ;-P

Hey Liloou ;) PTS still down? I'm not home yet so I can't check. Wonder if they'll bring it back up at all or leave it down until they're ready to test January's update? I hope that's not the case, haha.

Would be nice if Trion would clear this up for us with an official reply; is the test server going to be up / available for us to spend our time on between test builds? Some things are incredibly hard to test if we don't have time to spend on the server doing trade runs for crafting mats etc, like not being able to do much of the red Dragon update content because of not having enough time to gear up properly for it from magnificent and get our people practicing the fight.

alexhype
12-19-2014, 09:58 AM
pepper ^^ miss u i hope they bring the 55 patch after it comes up

Liloou
12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
still not up, i am checking it every now and than. but there was an update avaliable so i think pts will go on

alexhype
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
the patch finish but they close the server down atm

Nochi
12-19-2014, 11:32 AM
still down..just checked

Liloou
12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
pts is up again! just wonder what was the update for?

Whimsical
12-19-2014, 02:41 PM
pts is up again! just wonder what was the update for?

Woot, nice. Thanks for the update Lil. :)

Amary
12-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi! :) We had PTS offline to run a hotfix deployment through there for a stability check, which is now going out to NA live servers and EU shortly after; it includes a fix for the flirtatious flower issue. :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?145009-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.162-Patch-Notes

As a pre-warning, we may be bringing PTS down in the coming week where it will remain offline for awhile until we have the next content update ready for public test. :)

Nochi
12-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Servers up :)

But seriously, why a "Hotfix" on a friday, week before a national holiday at prime time?!:confused:

#Facepalm

Kitzy
12-19-2014, 03:10 PM
@ Amary!!!! Will we lose our land and farms and all we have worked hard for on the PTS if you keep it off-line for awhile?? Please, I really hope not! I have my taxes all paid! I hope you can just pause everything if you take the PTS down!! I love the PTS!

Stonelotus
12-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi! :) We had PTS offline to run a hotfix deployment through there for a stability check, which is now going out to NA live servers and EU shortly after; it includes a fix for the flirtatious flower issue. :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?145009-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.162-Patch-Notes

As a pre-warning, we may be bringing PTS down in the coming week where it will remain offline for awhile until we have the next content update ready for public test. :)

why not leave it up so we can make some much needed progress? people need to be geared up for higher level encounters. gathering resources are in short supply. it just seems like it doesn't make sense pulling the server down unless there's a need to update it unless you're just trying to save on your power bill.

Chuggalugg
12-20-2014, 01:15 AM
As a pre-warning, we may be bringing PTS down in the coming week where it will remain offline for awhile until we have the next content update ready for public test.

The best test servers are where you allow a loyal community to grow and learn what is new and what is old, what needs fixed and what is being fixed. we need to know all of the nuances of what can and can not be fixed.

A bad test server is where it is opened only a couple of days to see what a patch is like and then only having people there that just want to have all of the uber loot and not worry at all about any bugs in the game.

A good example is the hauler bugs, no one was even able to get all of the mats together to make a hauler and try out the new hauler designs which led to the hauler going to live with bugs.

Please rethink this and allow the people on the test server to become a community of loyal testers that will be able to find bugs faster and more efficiently then people that just pop on to try out all the Fat L00tz then log off and never come back.

Whimsical
12-20-2014, 08:59 AM
The best test servers are where you allow a loyal community to grow and learn what is new and what is old, what needs fixed and what is being fixed. we need to know all of the nuances of what can and can not be fixed.

A bad test server is where it is opened only a couple of days to see what a patch is like and then only having people there that just want to have all of the uber loot and not worry at all about any bugs in the game.

A good example is the hauler bugs, no one was even able to get all of the mats together to make a hauler and try out the new hauler designs which led to the hauler going to live with bugs.

Please rethink this and allow the people on the test server to become a community of loyal testers that will be able to find bugs faster and more efficiently then people that just pop on to try out all the Fat L00tz then log off and never come back.

I agree 100%

Peter
12-20-2014, 09:39 AM

If they had a competent QA team these bugs would never make it to the PTS, and that's where the problem lies. The PTS should be for community feedback, balancing, and a last line of defense for catching minor bugs. A PTS should not be a place to throw brand new content to be tested for the first time by paying customers. This is not how a professional game developer and publisher should test their product.

I know Trion has a QA Team, they've advertised positions on their corporate site. However, I'm assuming these employees are either delegated to other games or are severely understaffed. The only other reason such obvious bugs are making it past QA is that they are in fact being caught and XLGames just can't get the fixes out fast enough.

Whatever the reason may be, these bugs will continue to make their way to the live servers until whatever is happening behind the scenes gets straightened out.