PDA

View Full Version : [Bug Report] Can't get past Developer Splash Screens

SWMacrae
12-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Today when I try to start the PTS version of ArcheAge, I can't get past the developer splash screens (Trion, XL Games, & CryEngine 3). Using <Esc> to quit early, or letting it run to the end produces the same result. A crash to the desktop without any error message.

The "Live" version works fine, and "PTS" was working fine yesterday afternoon. Now, this problem. Rebooting the computer didn't help. The system.log didn't show any errors either. The log shows the step "LOADING: 'loginbg4' " and stops after the warning message "WARNING: couldn't find technique 'DebugPass' in the sequence for technique 'General' (ignored)".

On "Live", it continues on past this step, with a step "Auth: client connected to server". And the client comes up normally.

Please explain. Is the error due to a server being down? I have the log saved with this failed startup, if you would like to see it. This log and Live starting up are identical up to this point.

terrell
12-19-2014, 12:55 PM
yes the server is down it went down last night with an update and has not come back up. no official word on when or if it will come up until the next testing for a new patch is needed