PDA

View Full Version : Problem with accessing Trion pages since patch

ScarletVixen
12-19-2014, 08:33 PM
A friend is trying to access game and any trion pages since the last update and he is unable to do so.

When trying to login to game, he gets the following message:cannot connect to authentication server error 2023.

When attempting to connect to the trion pages, he gets a blank page.

He has 2 Patron Accounts, I am requesting this as he is unable to access support to report this error.

SOUP
12-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Same situation here. Is your friend in western canada? Me and my friend are wondering if its a regional outage or block or something.

ScarletVixen
12-19-2014, 08:47 PM
No he's in South Carolina... good to know others are in the same boat... not that it's a good thing.. but you know what I mean

Goatflap
12-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Same issue with a friend, he can't log into anything. Can Trion please provide an email address I can give to him? He cannot access any of your sites to submit a ticket

Kerick
12-19-2014, 09:36 PM
I am having the same issues. Can't access any trion sites on my PC or any other device on my home network. I had to disable wireless on my phone just to make this post.
I also live in western Canada

hjordis
12-19-2014, 09:48 PM
cant get a authentication key to get into my account don't know if its part of this problem

Qitaro
12-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Same issue here but I am in the US.

Fasti
12-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Go ahead and submit a ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) and include your IP address in that ticket so we can check this out for you.

Daelt
12-20-2014, 01:09 AM
I fixed my Error 2023 by logging into my router and disabling the Advanced DNS Service. Once I reset my router from the change I could log into Glyph without a problem. Hope this helps.

ScarletVixen
12-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Go ahead and submit a ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) and include your IP address in that ticket so we can check this out for you.

I will submit one for them if the disabling Advanced DNS Service does not work. Thanks all, will let you know.

dolmar
12-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Done everything i could find and still cant access this stuff through my router everything trion is blocked from the trion end .

dolmar
12-20-2014, 12:02 PM
submitted the issue 5 hours ago still no word from trion ...Have looked all through the sites and riddit since this issue blocks us from using any archeage forum or product .. and their are many people with this issue sssooo respond ...

Zoiks75
12-20-2014, 01:21 PM
My friends have this same issue and live in Las Vegas. They use Cox Communications for their internet. They can't access anything Trion related (the game, web pages, support...) They have asked local friends (also with Cox) to see if they can view Trion webpages and their friends can't either. Even calling Cox tech support, that employee could not view anything either. When that employee tried to ping Trion, they were blocked. I thought yesterdays fix was about the flower issue, why are so many players IP now blocked, weird!

Voom
12-20-2014, 08:02 PM
My friend is also having this issue.

Evilsix
12-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Same issue here. I was able to log in this morning, although it was difficult and I was getting Error 1013 Cannot Connect to Download Server errors. Eventually I got in the game. Logged out, came back later today and the Play button from the Glyph launcher does nothing.

I tried access the Trion Worlds webpage and can't, as others have reported. The forums webpage never fully loads either.

My cable company is also Cox Communications. Why did you Cox block?

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.trionworlds.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Evilsix
12-20-2014, 10:02 PM
I've submitted my ticket with Trion, but seeing how long these have been taking I also opened one with my ISP. The technical support rep confirmed that www.trionworlds.com is indeed not down and he could access it fine, so he escalated the ticket. Now let's see who responds first.

Lord Suzuki
12-20-2014, 10:09 PM
If you are running Steam this causes problems with glyph for some reason, i exited steam on my computer and glyph worked after that .
site still wont load but this fixed a problem with glyph for me

Evilsix
12-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Actually, I looked up the IP address for Trion Worlds and ran a tracert on it and all the hops were successful up until the last one, where it times out. I also ran a tracert for archeagegame.com and glyph.net and was successful on both. For whatever reason I just can't connect to trionworlds.com or their servers so I can play.

dzarren
12-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Hello all was havingthe same problem here and managed to solve it.
As i ran my tracert i sw it ended at LLC open dns, so i looked up my DNS server.
This was set by my router (D-link DIR655) to 204.194.232.200, there is something wrong with this DNS server.
I configured my router to use the DNS of my provider and now i can log in and play again.
Hope this helps you guys.

Good luck

Lopgor
12-21-2014, 02:35 AM
You shouldn't disable your anivirus, firwall or router security setting for run a software otherway your system will be exposed to external threats at any time.

dzarren
12-21-2014, 02:40 AM
@lopgor dont know who you responding too but changing DNS is not a security setting its often done also for improving browsing speed

Lopgor
12-21-2014, 02:42 AM
lol learn what you are talking about

Kiddren
12-21-2014, 04:21 AM
AA broke again Goodgame dont uninstall either it wont work if you re-install

Zoiks75
12-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Bump because it's still not fixed

Evilsix
12-21-2014, 02:39 PM
I started a new thread for this, but this solved ALL my issues connecting.

After spend a lot of time trouble shooting why I wasn't connecting properly with Trion, I finally figured out that its the DNS service I was using. I changed my network settings to use Google's public DNS and TA-freaking-DA its resolved. I can connect to the game, to Trion's website, and these forums finally load properly again.

Here are instructions, its pretty simple. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/how-...windows-7.html If you are using the DNS from step 6 make sure to switch it to the DNS in step 7.

If this works for you, please make sure to post it here for oth

dolmar
12-22-2014, 02:45 PM
still broken bump for all the people that cant even access the sites

Takan
12-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I was reading up. from Hamilton Ontario with cocego cable with dlink dir-601 b1 firmware v2 router maybe we can find a link to as why we're all locked out. Only way I have to access anything trion is via mobile data Only. Even my phone when WiFi is active. I have no access to trion

Takan
12-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Bump. Seriously trion. This game is awesome but it's stuff like this that's putting a wound on the community which will continue to put a dent into ur pay cheques. At least acknowledge the fact there is a f up somewhere. So we know your looking into/finding a solution for. Cause as you see it's not just one person it's a handful of subscriptions you could be loosing.

SnakeLogan
12-24-2014, 11:59 PM
If you can't load http://www.archeagegame.com
then try adding this line to the HOSTS file ( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ) Notepad works

72.21.91.215 www.archeagegame.com

That fixed it for me
(It tells it which ip to use, since it seems to fail getting that on it's own)

Fasti
12-25-2014, 12:30 AM
If you can't access any of our sites, can you let us know the name of your ISP (Internet provider)? In addition, if you use a router can you tell me if it is a DLink router?

Once you've shared that with us, go through these steps to flush your existing DNS cache:

1. Press the Windows key and the "R" key simultaneously to bring up the Run function.
2. In the run box, please type in the letters "cmd" without the quotes.
3. This will bring up the command prompt, where you can type in commands
4. Type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
5. You should then receive a notification stating that Windows IP Configuration has Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Once that is done, you can change your DNS settings by doing these steps (using Windows 7):

1. Go to the Start Menu and choose Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click "View network status and tasks."
3. In the Network and Sharing Center, look at the left side of the window. You should see a list of tasks. Select "Change adapter settings."
4. This step will slightly vary, however locate the network connection in this window that you're using. 5. For a wired connection, look for "Local Area Connection". If you are using a wireless connection it should be something like "Wireless Network Connection."
6. Right-click on the connection you're using and choose "Properties."
7. In the window that pops up, click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click the "Properties" button.
8. In this window, click the radio button that says "Use the following DNS addresses:."
9. In the Primary DNS field, fill in the following IP address: 208.67.222.222
10. In the Secondary DNS field, fill in the following IP address: 208.67.220.220
11. Click OK, and then click Close.

I hope that helps!

Greedo
12-25-2014, 08:34 AM
No, flushing DNS didnt solved it ipconfig /flushdns

I also tried googleDNS, Terra DNS and OpenDNS as well.

I can't access http://www.archeagegame.com/ I need to use a PROXY to do it, like this http://anype.com/SURF/http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/

My friend spend 1 hour talking with a GM now, on live support same problem, no results.

I have to insist alot to open this forum, the same happends with PLAY button on Glyph, it's HARD to run hackshield/game

It's not only me having this problem, if players can't access account page to purchase credits or add Patron time, Trion will lose money and customers

Merry Xtmas

PS: I removed my router, I have a direct cable from modem to PC now, same issue. Btw I had to insist 5 times in order to edit this post

I also tested my ISP using www.pingtest.net and www.speedtest.net no issues

Also, I'm playing another MMORPGs from Dallas, working 100%

It's like TRION decided to just IP block us. Why? Dunno maybe Trion hates us :mad:

Goros
12-25-2014, 08:44 AM
I have a friend with the same issue and he's in Minot, ND.

Trino blames the end users, he was on the phone with them for 4 hours and they had him reset his router, uninstall and reinstall the game, etc. nothing worked and it won't because he can't access the website either.

It's like they spammed IP bans but are too dumb to know why.

Greedo
12-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Yesterday I uninstall Glyph, Archeage, removed all data from %appdata%, from registry made a new download of Glyph and Archeage, same problem
Since Glyph is #$%@ it only starts game when it get some data from Trion, so I have to hit PLAY, cross my fingers, wait, Glyph freezes, wait to be able to hit Play again, cross my fingers, pray until I'M LUCKY ENOUGH to play.

Like I said in the other topic that Mr GM Fasti was fast to close, I'm not sure all these troubles, headache make this game worth playing, there is alot of titles over there

Goros
12-25-2014, 09:02 AM
The game has nothing to do with the IP ban...if you can't get to a WEBSITE, it's server side, not client side. Lowest common denominator thinking. So convinced it's the end user that they can't see its on their end.

Merry Christmas.

Kalashx
12-25-2014, 06:06 PM
bump for another issue that will have NO SOLUTION from Trion's staff

Fasti
12-26-2014, 04:02 AM
While using Google DNS (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using) has worked for some, this is something our engineers are still investigating.

I am still trying to gather some additional information to help pinpoint possible commonalities, so if you can tell us your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and maker of your outer, I'd appreciate it.

Kalashx
12-26-2014, 08:08 AM
I just add 72.21.91.215 www.archeagegame.com into Hosts @ c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
It is working for now, at least I can access www.archeagegame.com

I don't have knowledge in networks but why OpenDNS or GoogleDNS can't solve your IP? I know it started with last weekend Update, since then I'm having problems with your website and even glyph sometimes. I also reinstalled Glyph and Archeage, no changes.
Did Trion added something to avoid DDOS that is banning IPs just for fun? That would explain why I need proxy to access www.archeagegame.com

I guess someone on Trion has a fetish to false posite banning everyone :rolleyes:

Aceman
12-26-2014, 09:51 AM
I am having the same problem on 3 different computers with 3 different clients. The last couple of days I spend hours reclicking the play button before it goes through...usually it displays a 1013 error saying it can't connect to the d/l server..I have tried every suggestion that has come to my attention and frankly I am tired of doing YOUR job trying to find workarounds for this crap..Not that Trion gives 2 shiats but if this isn't fixed today all 3 counts subs will be cancelled I am done...

Kalashx
12-27-2014, 08:40 AM
While using Google DNS (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using) has worked for some, this is something our engineers are still investigating.

I am still trying to gather some additional information to help pinpoint possible commonalities, so if you can tell us your ISP and maker of your outer, I'd appreciate it.

Any hope for us? It isnt a ISP issue, I tried 3 diff ones, I will try live support again but I don't think I will get a solution.

Spaventoso
12-28-2014, 05:00 AM
I have tried everything listed in this thread, nothing works. I have a Netgear WNRD3700v4 router

Fasti
12-28-2014, 05:17 AM
Are any of you using the service OpenDNS, by any chance?

nmaia666
12-28-2014, 01:42 PM
i use openDNS and my game dont work, i try to change to googleDNS and not work too... try clear cache, reinstal gyph, game and all .... but, now i can see, my glyph cant start game install and cant conect to game server... why cant? today i can play normaly. plz help me to fix !

http://imgur.com/HyYP9hL

Spaventoso
12-28-2014, 03:12 PM
I do not use OpenDNS

Kalashx
12-28-2014, 04:03 PM
I was having problems to play Archeage, sometimes glyph was showing error #1016 other nothing happend after I click on Play. Here is how I solved it.

1- edit Hosts @ c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc you can use notepad to do it
add these lines:
72.21.91.215 www.archeagegame.com
201.48.47.42 aa-update.dyn.triongames.com

2- delete folder asc from c:\program files\glyph\games\Archeage\bin32\hshield
run hsupdate

3- Reset your PC

It was really a pain to be able to run Archeage, now its working 100%

Now www.archeagegame.com is working too

oro
12-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Isp: Verizon same problem. Able to connect to websites on laptop just not on PC which makes me believe it's not from my end. Random things I did before I experienced probl to try to see if we can get some similarities here no matter how random. Turned the snow off in my system folder. R_snow 0. Explored a bit with prisoner debuff to retrected areas. (Was able to go quite a ways before finally tped out

Spaventoso
12-29-2014, 08:29 AM
I fixed my problem by going to routerlogin.net and putting google dns into my router and changing my isp to a static isp.

Spaventoso
12-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Well my "fix" didn't last long. Back to doing the same ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. It's almost like the servers are adapting to give me the middle finger.

oro
12-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Woah it works. Whatever you guys did worked for me.

nmaia666
12-30-2014, 01:01 PM
i trie all of this and my game dont work -_- send a ticket but had no support response =/
yesterday after clicking 50 times in startgame the game started and I was logged in for about 30 hours, but fell and never came back, already clicked start game about 500 times and this time does not work, already tried clearing the cache, install the game, install the glyph, change the dns, redo the router configuration, delete the folder asc hackshield, delete the uDF folder of users, update the hackshield, go into safe mode, copy the hackshield another person who can log in normally leave as deleting the glyph and ArcheAge in firewall, anti virus Unistal. anyone has any tips, please give me.