PDA

View Full Version : what happens if house is demolished (expired taxes) with items inside storage chests?

Mingzie
12-20-2014, 06:46 AM
do you lose all your items?

Jamilian
02-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Same question here ;-) Does anybody know the answer?

PhoenixrisingLA
02-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I believe there was a poster on here complaining about this exact thing.

Can't find the thread, but if I remember correctly he demo'd, got his chest sent to inbox, but all of the items were gone.

Dior
02-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Poof. Gone.

HoboGames
02-05-2015, 12:36 PM
do you lose all your items?

Yes.

/10char

Dior
02-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I just fully expanded my bag and storage.. more safe. Remember when people were taking stuff from other people's houses with poor loading times? I'm not risking it! XD

Rubius
02-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I believe there was a poster on here complaining about this exact thing.

Can't find the thread, but if I remember correctly he demo'd, got his chest sent to inbox, but all of the items were gone.

This is correct. You'll get the chest back, but all of the items inside will be gone.

Kazuki
08-06-2015, 05:07 PM
This is correct. You'll get the chest back, but all of the items inside will be gone.

which is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Durdles
08-09-2015, 01:54 PM
It says this in-game in the description. If you lose something it's your own fault for not reading.

Meriko
08-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Chests are mailed to you and this happned my friend.
Whatever is inside the chests will also be mailed to you.

Genessa
08-10-2015, 08:22 PM
A guildmate had 2 chests on a workstation. Lost the 8x8 not paying taxes. The chests and all their contents were mailed back within 24 hours.

Noaani
08-10-2015, 08:33 PM
A guildmate had 2 chests on a workstation. Lost the 8x8 not paying taxes. The chests and all their contents were mailed back within 24 hours.Indeed.

I just demo'd a house with some unwanted items in a chest, everything was mailed back to me.

berlinflieger
12-31-2015, 12:44 AM
From Trion FAQ:

What happens if I don't pay my taxes?
After 7 days of being delinquent on your taxes, your house will be demolished. Only your storage chest and design will be returned to you. The items within the storage chest, any planted items and all furniture within the home will be lost. Customer service is unable to recover these items for you.

Katki
12-31-2015, 07:20 AM
I have also read threads where the items in the chests disappear if you transfer the ownership. Always empty your chests before demo or selling you home (even if to your own alt).

nekokiya
12-31-2015, 09:06 PM
I have also read threads where the items in the chests disappear if you transfer the ownership. Always empty your chests before demo or selling you home (even if to your own alt).

Na, if you do safe sell for any land, the stuff in the chests will stay after the land is sold. So no worry on that, at least that's wt I had this month when I did a couple safe sell on lands with one of my friends left AA.

But for demo, yes, you have to clean up the chests or else you will lose everything inside.

Katki
01-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Well, maybe the confusion is that for the mergers Trion/XL worked to make it so things in chests would actually transfer with your char. So maybe the stuff disappearing is pre-merger mechs.

Noaani
01-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Well, maybe the confusion is that for the mergers Trion/XL worked to make it so things in chests would actually transfer with your char. So maybe the stuff disappearing is pre-merger mechs.No, the stuff disappearing is people not knowing what the ♥♥♥♥ they are talking about.

Chest contents are only ever lost if you do not claim them back from the mail before the mail expires. But it is funny watching people getting all worked up about the way mechanics don't work - the number of people here and in game that are upset that if they don't pay their taxes they iwll lose the items in their chests is amazing, regardless of the fact that it has never worked that way.

Katki
01-02-2016, 12:06 PM
No, the stuff disappearing is people not knowing what the ♥♥♥♥ they are talking about.

Chest contents are only ever lost if you do not claim them back from the mail before the mail expires. But it is funny watching people getting all worked up about the way mechanics don't work - the number of people here and in game that are upset that if they don't pay their taxes they iwll lose the items in their chests is amazing, regardless of the fact that it has never worked that way.

Heh, then it is odd Trion has this in the FAQs

From Trion FAQ:

What happens if I don't pay my taxes?
After 7 days of being delinquent on your taxes, your house will be demolished. Only your storage chest and design will be returned to you. The items within the storage chest, any planted items and all furniture within the home will be lost. Customer service is unable to recover these items for you.

Noaani
01-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Heh, then it is odd Trion has this in the FAQs

It's not odd, it's a mis-translation, there are a number of them.

Players really should get to know the mechanics themselves before getting upset about them.

Katki
01-04-2016, 09:13 AM
It's not odd, it's a mis-translation, there are a number of them.

Players really should get to know the mechanics themselves before getting upset about them.

And I remember reading some threads about this issue over the past year and a half.. oh, here are a few of them:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132532-Family-assigned-chest-disappearing-in-appraisal-sale

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?186628-Trion-Majorly-Failing-to-warn-players-regarding-chest-sale-of-property

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?181737-Lost-all-my-items-please-help-trion

These posts span over a year and a half- I am not saying things do not transfer, but it looks like there is a chance for a problem. So, if something is really important to you, you may want to take it out of the chest before transferring/demo.

Noaani
01-04-2016, 09:24 AM
And I remember reading some threads about this issue over the past year and a half.. oh, here are a few of them:
These are all in regards to sales, not properties expiring.

Different things.

Katki
01-04-2016, 11:39 AM
These are all in regards to sales, not properties expiring.

Different things.

Yeah, okay Noaani. Either way I personally would not trust it, but that is just me.

Saint Jiub
01-07-2016, 07:17 AM
I feel like when I let my land on PTS demo, I got all my chested stuff back....but I could be mistaken. There was so much crap...