PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Crash - Glyph Reset?

Stonelotus
12-20-2014, 11:11 AM
For the fourth time since playing on PTS (since it launched) my system crashed completely. This time while I was trying to log in to a different account in Glyph. When my computer restarted I launched Glyph but Glyph acted like all my preferences had been wiped. It was up to date but my email address wasn't saved and I got the welcome screen you get when you first install Glyph, also the Glyph user agreement came up again.

I haven't had any of the same problems (crashes, etc.) while playing on live servers.

Stonelotus
12-21-2014, 01:38 PM
happened again today if anyone is following this subforum.

Stonelotus
01-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Seems this problem is persisting, at least without the Glyph preferences resetting. Complete crash twice so far today. Has not happened once on live or during any other use of my computer.

Shantar
01-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Maybe you have some corrupt files or bad sectors on your hard disk. Could be a problem driver, any number of things really.

Personally, I would do a basic disk check (just in case and to eliminate it from the problem) I would uninstall the test client, manually delete any folders left over and re-install. My net speed is good so I would just download it again but you can copy and paste your orig AA folder and edit some files to get it to work, there are instructions on how to do that in one of the threads here. That way you just need to download the smaller update file.