PDA

View Full Version : Game Refuses to Start

Khaosrook
12-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Hello Admin,

I'm sorry if this post is repeating a previous questions, but after going through the forum, I haven't seen any recent posts that resolve my problem.

When I start the game from the Glyph launcher, the hackshield loading bar goes about 1/10 of the way, then disappears. It then goes to the splash screen with the poem. Everything loads fine until the game does one of two things:
1. It all closes. Nothing happens.
2. It takes me to a black screen, plays part of the fanfare, then shuts down. Nothing happens after.

I have tried the everything on this page: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/hackshield/p/3640/theme/archeage/

Thank you for your time,

Khaosrook
12-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Bumping thread... still no response? Does anyone else have the same/similar problem as me?

Vichoc
12-23-2014, 10:33 AM
I have the same problem, it's good that I didn't spend a single penny in this game, otherwise I would be mad as f*ck

Saintnatorz
12-23-2014, 08:30 PM
did you get it resolved?

i also have the problem but noone seems to help us ... trying soo many things and created a topic also, keep in touch if anyone answer there.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?146477-Green-poem-crash-at-launch

Khaosrook
12-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for responding guys. Glad that I'm not alone.

It really is unfortunate though.... I've been around since Alpha. Had to stop playing cause of work. But now that I have time, not only can I not play, but it seems that no one is able/willing to help. Very unfortunate...

Fasti
12-24-2014, 03:23 AM
With Hackshield errors you'll want to leave whatever security program you use installed and active. With it up and running, check for any software updates. A recent update to Avast was a common cause of this specific error.

Once it is updated, go into the settings of any antivirus and firewall applications you use and add the full Glyph and ArcheAge folders to the exceptions/allowed programs lists. With both folders added, right-click on Glyph and select Run as Administrator.

Let us know if the issue continues.

Vichoc
12-24-2014, 06:25 AM
With Hackshield errors you'll want to leave whatever security program you use installed and active. With it up and running, check for any software updates. A recent update to Avast was a common cause of this specific error.

Once it is updated, go into the settings of any antivirus and firewall applications you use and add the full Glyph and ArcheAge folders to the exceptions/allowed programs lists. With both folders added, right-click on Glyph and select Run as Administrator.

Let us know if the issue continues.

updating avast did the trick!, thank you very much
I hope everyone can solve it as well

Fasti
12-24-2014, 06:32 AM
updating avast did the trick!, thank you very much
I hope everyone can solve it as well

Wewt! Glad to hear it's good to go now. Have a great holiday! :)

Saintnatorz
12-24-2014, 07:47 AM
it's not about antivirus or security program for me since i desactivated windows defender, windows firewall and i uninstalled avast and still not working , i dont have any others AV or protection at the moment so its not about these 3.

Dedzoneone
12-24-2014, 12:36 PM
I have the same problem, although I use ESET. I have update, I have run scans, I have updated video drivers, I have added exceptions to ESET, I have completely deleted glyph and AA, cleared out the registry of all that info and reinstalled, I have done EVERYTHING that all things suggest. STILL, dumps me back to desktop at the intro movie.

I have a ticket in, but no response for over a week. GM Fasti, some help would really be appreciated, or some insight at least :) Thanks!

Khaosrook
12-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Hello GM Fasti,

I am in the same boat as Saintnatorz. I have excluded the Glyph folders and Archeage folders but the problem persists...

Dolnor
12-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I leave avast! running but have to turn off my personal firewall (not Windows Firewall...I leave that running) or HackShield will constantly cause my personal firewall to throw up popups (no, I can't turn them off...even their support team are baffled) that causes ArcheAge to diminish. Enough popups will cause ArcheAge to crash.

TQQdles™

Khaosrook
12-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Hello GM and Fellows,

I have finally resolved my issue. Not sure why it worked the second time around but... no complaints!

End Background Tasks and Services

Hold the Windows key and press the letter 'R' to open the Run window.
In the Run window that appears, type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) and click 'OK.'.
In the System Configuration window, click on the 'Startup' tab.
Click the 'Disable all' button.
Click on the 'Services' tab.
Click on the checkbox next to 'Hide all Microsoft services', which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
Click on the 'Disable all' button and click 'OK.'
You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
Windows XP steps can be found HERE

Best of luck to everyone!

Tinypoke
12-26-2014, 12:00 AM
I can't even get the shield to come up.. I hit play and it greys out.. then goes red again.. game won't start. and I pay for this game!

Fasti
12-26-2014, 12:52 AM
For those of you still having trouble, can you tell me what antivirus software you use (if you haven't) and what version of Windows you are using? Also, where do you have Glyph and ArcheAge installed on your PC?

If you've submitted a ticket, make sure to attach your Hackshield logs (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/hackshield/p/3640) (found at the bottom of that page) to your ticket so our support team can investigate.

If none of the standard Hackshield troubleshooting has worked for you, try going into your Documents folder and look for the ArcheAge folder. Rename that folder to ArcheAgeOLD and restart your PC. After restarting, empty your temporary files following these steps:

1. Hold the Windows key and press the letter R to open the Run window
2. Type the following text, precisely as it appears here: %temp% then click OK or press Enter
3. This opens the Temporary files folder, containing files that are no longer necessary
4. Hold the Ctrl key and press the letter A, or use the mouse to highlight all files
5. Press the Delete key (Note: Generally, a few files may be in use and cannot be removed. It is completely safe to Skip these files. Restarting the computer before attempting these steps minimizing those files)
6. Right-click on the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin

When those files are gone, right-click on Glyph and select Run as Administrator, then try the game again.

felixius
12-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Hello, I am having the documented issue with my UDF folder under my documents/archeage folder. I cannot delete the folder, which has millions of files now (can't even load the entire folder to see how many there are). I've been fighting this all day and have had no luck resolving the issue, even though i've tried everything to delete the folder. Please let me know if there is anything you know of that can fix this.

Mikaw
12-27-2014, 04:49 AM
Fasti, I tryied out what you said and I can't get it to work, already reinstalled too, again deleted the temp files and still, having the same issue, button goes grey and the red again. Sometimes I get error #2022 and other times I get error #1013, sometimes I don't get any error, but the result is the same, the game won't start.