PDA

View Full Version : Why make land a such big deal?

S A L O M O N
12-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Seriously every quit thread/ whine thread I read here and ppl are making land like the biggest thing off all! Wtf.
Here is a fact: You dont need land... I have played since headstart without land and made way more gold than guildmates with land... Recently I got 2x 16x16 but I only use the house... I tried to plant different things, but imo not worth the time and labor. Making alot more gold doing other fun acrivities like priveteering, fishing, farming coinpurses and etc. You need land for nothing. Im only keeping my plots because I saw that video of the new archeum trees and cooking pots for moon and sunpoints in 1.7

Just my opinion... If you REALLY want a house, Here is a tip: Fishing for 5k labor makes so much gold you could buy 2 properties imo... Or if you dont have fishboat go aoe farm mobs. Also really easy 300-600g and a minimal chanse for gold jackpots.

Remember land is so small part pf the game, dont make it such a big deal.

Kirah
12-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Here is a tip: Fishing for 5k labor makes so much gold you could buy 2 properties imo...

You're right, land is not profitable anymore, but they should've called this game Fishage (purses aren't worth the labor/time). And you wonder why people quit if the only thing they can do to earn a sufficient amount of gold is fishing?

Coggage
12-21-2014, 08:43 AM
It's more profitable and less Labour-intensive in the long run to make enough for a Cart and have some money for materials and then just do Trade Runs. I effectively pay other people to burn Labour Points to produce cheap materials which I then turn into Trade Packs. I sell the packs and repeat the process. I used land to grow my own materials but then realised I was burning LP (and time) to harvest them as well as sometimes refine/convert them. Materials are so cheap on the AH that it isn't worth the LP cost to make my own. This means all my LP get used for making Trade Packs.

Bobitoz
12-21-2014, 08:50 AM
People that say it is not worth it just don't know how to land.

S A L O M O N
12-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Okay well lets compare coin farming and fishing to land farming. Atm I can farm 1k purses in 3h. With current rising archeum prices I make usually over 500g with 5k labor spent on opening 1k purses. If I have alot of time I can go and fish, but it takes generally 6-8h to use 5k labor (90k prof). If I use all my labor on these activities I have to do it once every other day or every day but use 2500lp each day instead(im afk for maximum labor)
Tell me what I can do on my farms 1,5h (3-4h if comp to fishing) each day that uses 2,5k labor and nets me 250+ gold and 350+ if compared to fishing.
last time I checked anything with longer grow times wont net NEARLY as much as above. Heck, i tested cherry trees cus they have long grow time... Result was 3g per 16x16 lmao.