PDA

View Full Version : The Future of PTS and Extended Downtime - 12/22/14

Amary
12-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone,

With the impending holidays and no imminent build scheduled for PTS, we will be taking the PTS server offline later today, and it will remain offline for the next couple of weeks. Your help and enthusiasm in establishing characters and being active PTS players for this latest update has been fantastic and greatly appreciated. :) We'll update this forum when the next test is scheduled.

We are setting up a process similar to the beta events where land expiration will be reset before the server is brought back up again to preserve progress during the downtime. We also expect to evolve the character boosting commands/packages based on both the feedback from this round of tests as well as future update needs. :) We have some exciting stuff coming up in the early parts of 2015 and are looking forward to sharing it with you and you sharing your thoughts with us - especially when it comes to the larger updates with longer PTS sessions.

Thank you again for your time and your involvement, and have a happy holiday, wherever you are. :)

alexhype
12-22-2014, 02:45 PM
well it was alot of fun i hope next time you get all the commands in place and better gear for us to test stuff better i am gonna miss pts though

Rahvin
12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Translation of OP: AA is going on cruise control yet again. If this had been an actual emergency (like you've come to expect every week or so) you'd have been given detailed instructions in what to do in case of a disaster. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Idontkno
12-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I hope the next time around we are given loyalty points to test new things, reindeer hauler was released broken because we had none.

Stonelotus
12-22-2014, 03:53 PM
What happens to our land if we let our patron status lapse before PTS comes back up?

Hdrksbv
12-22-2014, 04:13 PM
can't wait until next PTS , so much fun in this PTS Server, see you guys

Nochi
12-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Cant wait :D

Pryden
12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
See you guys on new PTS rotation guys, The Fluffy is a Lie will unite again :D

Nochi
12-22-2014, 06:21 PM
See you guys on new PTS rotation guys, The Fluffy is a Lie will unite again :D
Indeed we shall prevail once again :P

Whimsical
12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Can't wait to form up with you guys next time, had fun :)

Also for anyone interested, there's a few of us from Fluffy is a Lie on Calliel; some have already rolled new characters over there so we can play together on live between PTS times. We're on East still, so if you're bored on your server and want to come hang out you should! You can catch me on Venti or Wistful, and we have plenty of land to share all grouped together. Otherwise, see you next time!

talizzar
12-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Sad to see this go. We had planned to test some thing regarding sieges on PTS. Now that is no possible. On a positive note I got to build some stuff on test that would not have been possible on live.

Happy Holidays!

Musashi_Korian
12-23-2014, 04:15 AM
The PTS has been good, had fun with the fluffy is a lie guild :)

Mekake
12-23-2014, 09:48 AM
I hope the next time around we are given loyalty points to test new things, reindeer hauler was released broken because we had none.

Agreed!

/10char

BigMac
12-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Merry Christmas Amanda! See you here when the PTS is back up.

capoeiratr
12-23-2014, 01:38 PM
when coming 55 lvl patch?

Jess
12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
This was fun. I'll see you all next time.

lowcover
12-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Bring it back up pleeeeasssseee :D

Selynia
12-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I had such a ~GREAT~ time on PTS! Thanks so much for all the fun and looking forward to more!

rawfox
12-25-2014, 01:47 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/005/954/wtf_is_this_♥♥♥♥2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_Killed_Ever y_Year-s468x349-71815.jpg

Testserver sessions ?
Why cant there be a normal testserver like in most other games ?
24/7 and stuff ?
Maybe too many people enjoying a better ruleset on PTS ?

xydros
12-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Because too many people were playing as their normal server.

People were enjoying labor again.

Murdokk
12-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Thats it. Return to your home servers.

Kaytrada
12-27-2014, 07:39 PM
I stopped playing on Live after the first day and after tasting the good life I can't go back, time to play minesweeper until PTS is back up!

lowcover
12-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Bring the public test back soon please!

EagleFCS
12-29-2014, 03:18 PM
i vote to PTS 24/7
any1 can do a poll asking who wants PTS back
maybe with the most votes we can bring PTS back

Rarfeh
12-30-2014, 05:29 PM
PTS 24/7 best idea

Boombardment
01-01-2015, 08:20 AM
I'm guessing since the Pst has yes to be released with the new 55 skills implemented (which the game is balanced for) we won't be seeing this patch released on the NA/EU servers within January. Especially since you say the test server won't be relaunched until a couple of weeks from now.

VelvetX
01-02-2015, 05:59 AM
I'm guessing since the Pst has yes to be released with the new 55 skills implemented (which the game is balanced for) we won't be seeing this patch released on the NA/EU servers within January. Especially since you say the test server won't be relaunched until a couple of weeks from now.

I can honestly say since a majority of the founder's are going to start losing their patron soon if not this month if those updates aren't added within that time a majority of them will quit and some probably wont come back seeing as how the level 55 update was supposed to be added months ago with the skill tree re-balance's which trion had no right to add in without level 55 in the first place. And i still cant wrap my head around the argument they made about "holding it back for content till everyone is ready for new thing's" that really just implies they have no idea how balance in this game work's in the first place. Which make's sense since almost none of them actually play it to see what their change's cause.

Jin
01-02-2015, 02:41 PM
The problem with a 24/7 PTS is that most people will flock to the playing on the PTS over the official server. They will treat PTS as if it is a new server and keep playing on it versus the official servers.

Badkitten
01-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Especially since you say the test server won't be relaunched until a couple of weeks from now.

What? Did you even look at the post date? This topic was posted on the 22 of December. So that means hopefully on the 5th of Jan we will hear something so yes it is possible.

RazorLV
01-05-2015, 12:59 AM
I can honestly say since a majority of the founder's are going to start losing their patron soon if not this month if those updates aren't added within that time a majority of them will quit and some probably wont come back ...

Even if I have enough credits to buy Patron to extend my Founders time which ends 10th January for more months I don't see any reason to do it without lvl 55/diamond shores update. I still have small hope but Trion so far have failed in way how content have been released :(