PDA

View Full Version : Weird 'crash' every time I start game, help?

EraChanZ
12-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey there, so...

I start up Glyph like normal ~ check
I login succesfully ~ check
I press start & game starts loading ~ check
Game loads, I select server ~ Check
I go into character select, I select my character ~ check
Game loads to 100%; and then, closes.. ~ Fail..

ANybody else have this, any idea how or why? I don't get an error, I don't get a crash sound, I don't get any indicatoin of why it would close, but it closes, every time, after reaching 100% (as it's about ot jump into the game)

Ideas? T_T

(P.S. I know this isnt' the right section but in the actual forum section nobody reads/reacts/responds to this; and I'd kinda like continueing playing.. ANybody have the same issue and perhaps fixed it?)

Chari
12-22-2014, 04:14 PM
try changing some graphic options when in char select screen.

Chari
12-22-2014, 07:00 PM
OMG, how can someone from the Netherlands have so much rage and anger?
Forget about Trion and AA for a while. Take a trip to Amsterdam, goto The Bulldog, and Hash Museum, stop in at The Magic Mushroom, then goto the Red Light District.

Tialian
12-24-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm getting the same thing. I was playing fine earlier today, then the game started randomly crashing to desktop. After 2 or 3 times it is now doing this. I can get as far as character select, but after clicking Start the bar loads to 100% and then I just get a black screen.

Checked for driver updates, a new one had just been released so I went ahead and updated. Still no dice.

Went ahead and reinstalled the whole game thinking something was corrupted, no change. Getting the exact same thing. Funny thing is sometimes when the game crashes it says my display driver has crashed, I'm using a GTX 970.

Tialian
12-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Okay I was just able to get back in by changing from DX11 to DX9, sad.

Tialian
12-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Oh wait, now its not working again. I don't get it, the settings show DX9, but in task manager it is showing as DX11. It doesn't matter how many times I restart the game.

Fasti
12-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Oh wait, now its not working again. I don't get it, the settings show DX9, but in task manager it is showing as DX11. It doesn't matter how many times I restart the game.

If these are the steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1806) you have already tried, and the crashing is back, we have additional troubleshooting steps for crashing (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1324).

Submit a ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) and attach your DXDIAG report (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3) if the crashes keep happening.

Tialian
12-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Things seem to be working again. What I did was put all video settings to low, was able to login after that. Then I put them all back to high, but I left it on DX9.

I think there is some sort of bug with DX11 in this game.

Genna
01-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I play for a few minutes and then crash. I've crashed four times just today and the last time I got to play ten minutes before it crashed on me again. My settings are at the lowest in game. My DirectX is DX9, I tried the page thing and my pc says it won't do it because there isn't enough memory. I have 770 gigs of space on this drive! My graphics card is up to date and I'm at wits end on how to stop this crashing crap!

Fasti
01-04-2015, 12:53 AM
I play for a few minutes and then crash. I've crashed four times just today and the last time I got to play ten minutes before it crashed on me again. My settings are at the lowest in game. My DirectX is DX9, I tried the page thing and my pc says it won't do it because there isn't enough memory.

How much total RAM is in your computer? What is the model of graphics card? If you'd like some additional help with crashing, make sure to submit a ticket and attach your DXDIAG report as described in my post above and we'll work with you to get this sorted out.