PDA

View Full Version : Brother's Account Falsely Banned

Hesperax
12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
My little brother and I were playing, like we always do and have been since July (I bought Archeum Packs for both of us) and all of a sudden he gets removed from the game by a GM. Now his account is banned and Trion Support is refusing to reverse it because they are 100% sure that he was using a 3rd Party Program... he doesn't even know how to use TeamSpeak correctly, let alone a 3rd Party Program, the definition of which I had to look up because I didn't even know what that meant when I read his ticket response.

He absolutely was NOT running any kind of program. The kid only has an 8x8 and a house he had to BUY with gold we ran trade packs to get. What kind of botting or hacking could he possibly be doing? Serously. This Auto-ban software you guys are using is STILL FLAWED. You need to fix it because innocent gamers are being denied playing this game, AFTER they've spent REAL MONEY to get credits and patron status. Why the hell would we PAY for patron status if he was supposedly using a 3rd Party Program to gain an unfair advantage... we could just use all the gold we are supposedly getting from his "illegal" 3rd Party Program to buy APEX.

This is just ridiculous. To treat an honest, paying member like this. Trion doesn't seem to be budging no matter what we say or how much proof we try to give... we don't even know what program they are so sure he's supposedly using. We, for the most part, are playing together in a party... yet I'm not banned. It all makes no sense what-so-ever.

I'm done with Trion. Done spending money on a company that can't even properly monitor players or provide a real customer support system. Email-tag is not an effective way to communicate, obviously.

Baihu
12-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Totally agree you!

We experienced also the great customer support after banning an account. It is a joke that they provide only email support. I also don't get why we pay a company which doesn't care about its customers or uses the earned money to improve the game. What does new content help, when they auto-ban all players?
We wait since 5 days for an answer and when they won't answer the next 2 days I lose my trust in Trion totally. Why should I spend real money for a game I could be banned without reason any day? The economy in states experienced what it does mean, when people doesn't trust in the safety of their investments in this country. It's simple, there are NONE. So Trion, when you wanna survive economically then you should fix your auto ban as soon as possible. Also fix all this wrong banned accounts, the longer it takes, the more this people will be in this forum and talking about it.

Lucisferre
12-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Maybe try to scan operating system. Usually there are worms out there that messes with OS or it wasn't false positive thing. Well I never seen any false positive bans except these one who moded files (Got crappy internet so I am sometimes lagging as hell to and don't have any problems with automatic lag ban... This comes same for my friends).
You aren't forced to pay money. For me it feels like You knew You might get banned for something. You are sure You two didin't done anything "extraordinary"?

Seringue
12-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Welcome to """100% accurate"""" banwave

they ban my 2 accounts, give me back 1 of them , and i still waiting for the 2nd ....
still ....
still ....
still ....

"it was because of suspicious action" <= WHAT ♥♥♥♥ING SUSPICIOUS, TOO EASY FOR AN EXCUSE !

Community can understand temporary ban for study, but not for weeks !!!!!!!

Trion killing Archeage

Baihu
12-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Maybe try to scan operating system. Usually there are worms out there that messes with OS or it wasn't false positive thing. Well I never seen any false positive bans except these one who moded files (Got crappy internet so I am sometimes lagging as hell to and don't have any problems with automatic lag ban... This comes same for my friends).
You aren't forced to pay money. For me it feels like You knew You might get banned for something. You are sure You two didin't done anything "extraordinary"?

I also never or almost never heard about this before, but Trion can make everything possible.. Lol
The good thing is that I can say there was nothing modded or any other program which could explain this ban. You ask why I am so sure about that? I set up the PC completely new and installed only this game on a new bought windows system. The PC was totally virgin while playing that time. He did nothing illegal cause he is the type who couldn't sleep then anymore. It's really typical that publisher ban people like him and not the thousands who cheat, exploit or just play against the common rules.

Anyway when people don't know the situation they shouldn't judge so easily la "he must have cheated, botted or have other compromising things on his PC". There is nothing of all in our case, but still Trion doesn't make anything.

And when u never heard about false ban then just read this Forum and u will find many.

Lucisferre
12-23-2014, 04:36 AM
I also never or almost never heard about this before, but Trion can make everything possible.. Lol
The good thing is that I can say there was nothing modded or any other program which could explain this ban. You ask why I am so sure about that? I set up the PC completely new and installed only this game on a new bought windows system. The PC was totally virgin while playing that time. He did nothing illegal cause he is the type who couldn't sleep then anymore. It's really typical that publisher ban people like him and not the thousands who cheat, exploit or just play against the common rules.

Anyway when people don't know the situation they shouldn't judge so easily la "he must have cheated, botted or have other compromising things on his PC". There is nothing of all in our case, but still Trion doesn't make anything.

And when u never heard about false ban then just read this Forum and u will find many.

While it is not typhical that publishers ban people for "nothing" - probably any modification to "read only memory" of game even if harmless may trigger autobot banhammer. I didn't said that he cheated, botted or done any other violations. I was just pointing that OS is complex thing and usually false positive results may occur on computers that has malware on it. Or very poorly designed antivirus software. :P

Also whenever someone is in common with certain ban topic then that one already know what is going on. He may be "defending" himself against positive ban. I've got few false positive bans on past games (mostly by people that tried to hack my accounts). Usually I went to support and prove it is false. This take time because anybody can guess our great community might overuse contact support feature. Especially those who invested time and money - with "we pay we demand attitude". This is not bad but everyone should be honest Free2Play always mean weaker support because there will be more people who will try to abuse rules. Anyone who work in contact with people with problems already should know that they usually have very strange problems and even single one should be considered worth of helping. So yeah this mean more time or a lot of charity work.

Anyway I hope that You will get quick respond from support and this case will be solved. Seem very reasonable for me.