PDA

View Full Version : Issues since Friday - Haven't been able to play!

goldenbeaver
12-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Scanning the forums I see that other people have had all my issues that I have experienced since Friday. I've experienced all of it and hopefully I get to someone on live chat. I was hoping over the course of the weekend Trion or someone would have posted a fix that worked.

On Friday, I was getting crazy lag for about 10 minutes and then I got disconnected. After that, I could get connected slowly but would get disconnected after a few minutes. Then I couldn't connect to my server, Inoch. A few more tries, couldn't even get to the server select screen. Few more tries, couldn't even login Glyph. Tried to access the forums and online support... couldn't login there... and without being able to login, you are pretty much screwed as far as support. Every other website worked fine. All my other online games worked fine. Being stupid, thinking something might be wrong with my system, I did a Windows System restore to two days prior. That hosed the game up and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall. Had to wait till the next day to try to play again.

On Saturday, I was able to play for about 30 min and afk'd out of the game. Haven't been able to get in since. Difference here is that the game keeps freezing on the login poem... on the last two words. I kept checking back here for a fix and haven't seen one. Tried to wait the 30 minutes yesterday and had to go before I was up in the chat queue. Guess Trion wants us to actually wait 30+ minutes to chat. If anyone has a fix that works, please let me know!

goldenbeaver
12-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Update... spent over 30 minutes in queue to get in contact with a "GM" on live chat who spent 10 minutes looking at my directx log and having me disable all non-Microsoft services (which requires a restart). Had to tend to real life matter after talking to the GM for 30 minutes. He e-mailed me more things to try. Incorrectly stated my DirectX version was out of date. Anyways... everything he said didn't work. I responded to the support e-mail and haven't received any response... that was all last night. Almost a week and I haven't been able to play this game.

WHAT MAKES IT WORSE TRION IS I SEE A BUNCH OF POSTS WITH PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. FIX YOUR GAME. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO WAIT IN QUEUE FOR A GM WHO IS JUST READING TROUBLESHOOTING POSTS AND DOESN"T ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING?!?!?!

EVERY OTHER GAME I HAVE WORKS FINE. YOURS JUST STOPPED OUT OF THE FREAKING BLUE! KINDA AFTER A PATCH.... HMMMMMMMMM maybe something wrong with your patch?!

SO I'm not going to spend hours of my time trying to RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES. I've spent 30+ minutes in a chat queue only to never get passed 5 in queue. I spent another 30+ minutes in queue the following day only to get to talk to someone WHO DIDN"T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING for 30+ minutes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled your game 3 times. That takes FOREVER. I've updated all my drivers. CHECKED all my freaking firewall, av, and router settings over and over.

AND I'm STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM YOUR SUPPORT TEAM. I WILL NOT SIT IN QUEUE AGAIN! If this game isn't working by the end of the day, I'll be contacting my bank for refund for the credits I have in game and the patron status I have not used BECAUSE YOUR GAME IS BROKE.

Mikaw
12-24-2014, 11:18 AM
I had a simillar issue, the probelm with me was that nothing happened after I hit the play button, and I couldn't access to AA's main page (http://www.archeagegame.com/). I opened Glyph, and after two tryies, I was able to access the main page and with the main page open, after a few tryies to play, I could play.
I have no idea how this works, but if I don't have the webpage open by the time I click the play button, nothing happens and if I don't open Glyph before trying to access the webpage, I can't access it. So in my experience I'd reccomend:
1. Open Glyph
2. Access the webpage
3. Click play

That worked for me, hopefully it works for you too. I also spent some time in queue untill I got to chat with a GM, I had tryied everything and he was concerned about this issue, I discovered what I told you while I was talking with him, he didn't know what to do eithier, seems like this is a ghost problem, not many people having it, so they may consider it's not actually an existing problem.

Sarting
12-24-2014, 11:21 AM
I know you're mad, and probably something you don't want to hear, but it's definitely not them.
If it was, EVERYONE would have this problem.
It is next to impossible for any game/software developer to code software that works and/or is compatible with every software out there.

I have formatted my machine 3 times in the course of playing AA, and have never had any problems getting it to work again.
It's not proper etiquette to say you should format and start from scratch at this point, but if you really want to try and get the game to work, maybe that's what you need to do.

But if it's not worth your time, well, i guess it's not worth your time. But it sure as hell beats writing in the forum, or waiting in some queue.

Good luck.

goldenbeaver
12-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Another update... support was able to give me one more thing to try to do, and it worked.

Rename the Archeage folder in My Documents to ArcheageOld. GL to everyone with the same issue.