PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen of Doom!

zalvati0n
12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey all!

I have this freaking annoying issue with my computer, and it started only 3-4 days ago! :(

Im no computer expert, but I really can't play AA really well now.. After 5-10 minutes I will get black screen, but it sounds like the computer is still running, cause I can still hear the sounds and if jump/sprint etc etc.. My screen goes totally black, like the GFX Card is shutting down, or looses the connection to the screen. Sometimes I can hear the fans go ballistic.. And the only thing that helps is if I manually reset it.. :/

In my event log im getting these events:
EventID 13
EventID 14
Something about nvlddmkm not working correctly.

My operative system is:
Win 8.1
GTX 780 SLI

I've tried to reinstall Archeage several times, and reinstalling my gfx drivers, and even tried some older with no luck.

Please help....

zalvati0n
12-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Anybody who can help?

zalvati0n
12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Bump...... :/

Fasti
12-31-2014, 05:12 AM
Hey there!

Can you try disabling SLI so just one card is being used, just to see if the issue continues?

zalvati0n
01-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I will try that.. :)

zalvati0n
01-02-2015, 03:43 PM
It still happens even with only one card.. :/

Fasti
01-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks for trying that. Can you leave it on just a single card then try these steps and let me know what happens?

First up, restart with a reduced number of background tasks (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/392) running.

Next, go into your Nvidia GeForce Experience and click the Games tab. Make sure ArcheAge is on the list and is Optimized.

I hope that helps!

zalvati0n
01-03-2015, 06:41 AM
I did exactly as u described, and it still happens.. :/

Fasti
01-03-2015, 07:36 AM
I did exactly as u described, and it still happens.. :/

I'm sorry about that. Go ahead and update your ticket with any log files you have so we can do some further investigation.

Document\archeage\ArcheAge.log
Documents\ArcheAge\LogBackups (right click on this full folder and select Send to Compressed and attach that compressed file to your ticket via our support site.

Also add any Glyph logs, if you don't mind:

1. Press the Windows key and 'R' simultaneously to open the Search bar, then paste the following and press Enter: %localappdata%
2. Open the Glyph folder in your Local App Data folder
3. Double-click the "Logs" folder.
4. Attach all of the GlyphClient logs to your support ticket, there may be up to 10 files total.

Thanks for your patience!

zalvati0n
01-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Ok ty.. I've collected all the logs and sending them to u. :)

Fasti
01-04-2015, 05:20 AM
Ok ty.. I've collected all the logs and sending them to u. :)

Thanks for your patience! I have updated your ticket with some additional things to try, so go ahead and update the ticket again if the problems continue after those steps are done.

Dee Dee
01-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Drivers up to date, clean fan, overclocked or not overclocked, nothing else in the background, DX9, DX10, DX11, low settings, high settings... nothing worked.
Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work either.

zalvati0n
01-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Do u also have a GTX card?

Darkpixi
01-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Do u also have a GTX card?

This problem started recently with my GTX 570. Drivers up to date. I can play for random lengths of time and then the screen will go full black, yellow or green with a buzzing sound over the headphones.
Sounds like a problem with this graphics card on ArcheAge.

execution
01-06-2015, 01:53 AM
This is an OpenGL error :9
This is how you fix it

Go to regedit in ur search bar
go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
go down to system
go to control or current control set. depends on which system ur running.
scroll all the way down and go to video..and ur gonna see a bunch of stuff with lots of numbers on it
ideally just find the one that has the most stuff in it probably something like "0000"
click on it right click " new" "DWORD (32-bit) value if 64 then QWORD 64bit value
type in all these things bellow hope it worked:)

Note: Capital letters is very important

PerfLevelSrc - Hexadecimal - 3322
PowerMizerEnable - Hexadecimal - 0
PowermizerLevel - Hexadecimal - 1
PowermizerLevelAC - Hexadecimal - 1

Usually this happens because your driver stops working, and this will fix that.

AngelsDust
01-08-2015, 03:34 AM
-snip-

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND!?
NEVER EVER manually edit or add things to the Register.

@OP

I had this issue too (Or atleast know how to reproduce the error), try to press 'alt+enter' this switches from Fullscreen to windowed and wait a little bit.
If your screen doesn't return I am afraid it could be an overheating issue.

There is a program called 'Speccy' this is a nice program to check the tempetures of your system.
If they are peaking over 90c it is most likely related to heat.

If it is the heat try to go to fullscreen mode and tab away. This will cause the focus to go away and your GPU no longer has to calculate lots of stuff and has time to cooldown.

You also said you have to completely shutdown your system does ctrl+alt+del not work?

@darkpixi
Your GPU might be near death.
If you open your windows logs there will be lots of critical errors about how your windows lost connection to your graphics card.

Try a fresh install of your GPU drivers.

zalvati0n
01-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Nothing works when it crashes like that.. ALT+F4, CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC works.. It's like it freezes the computer and the screen loses its connection with the computer..
So I have to restart it manually. I have hardwaremonitor and it only shows the GPU tempeture at around 70 when it happens..

I can only play in Window mode with very very very low graphics settings! That isn't great, cause I have a machine who can play on max!! :/

10xray1
01-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND!?
NEVER EVER manually edit or add things to the Register.

lol... wut?

As long as you know what you're changing, and create a backup of the registry, you should be okay.

AngelsDust
01-09-2015, 12:51 AM
lol... wut?

As long as you know what you're changing, and create a backup of the registry, you should be okay.

Well yeah, but the poster didn't add that thus making it very dangerous.
But even then it is still risky as you could corrupt your registery (I have seen it before.)

zalvati0n
01-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Any1 else with some suggestions? I've almost tried everything I can think of, and that people has suggested!

zalvati0n
01-11-2015, 06:26 AM
When will the support site be up again? I still need help to fix my problem.. My number is 141227-000141

Fasti
01-11-2015, 07:33 AM
The site is up and running now. If you have the old site boomarked, delete that bookmark and add this one (https://trionworlds.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204400287-Contacting-Trion-Support).

You won't be able to track your old reference number the same way you could previously, but we will be responding via email to that existing ticket, so please bear with us.

zalvati0n
01-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Well u didnt respond to that mail, now its "solved" and its not. I tried to make a new ticket, but is still waiting for a respond.

zalvati0n
01-14-2015, 10:58 AM
When can we expect to get a respond? Not the brightest idea to change support site.....

DragonLite
01-14-2015, 02:18 PM
When can we expect to get a respond? Not the brightest idea to change support site.....

I got the same problem. Exactly the same, all the errors all the tries to resolve didnt work.

GeForce GTX 570 is my videocard

Meeki
01-14-2015, 07:42 PM
When you say your fan goes ballistic, are you referring to the fan in your graphics card as opposed to say aux fans in the case or cpu fan ?

I'd had a similar problem, and I fixed it. Its not something I'd recommend unless you know what your doing. A lot of the graphics cards run high temperatures and quite often inferior thermal patch, paste or tape. This leads to dry/cracked paste or tape that doesn't do its job well anymore. I took the card apart and took off the crappy thermal tape and put some good thermal paste on. Put the card back together and it ran 10 degrees celcius cooler give or take a bit and no more problems.

I guess thats why they asked you to get software to check temperature.

Sorry if my next question sounds condescending but I have to ask if you've checked to see if the connector to your gfx card and sometimes connector to the monitor in some monitors are secured properly ?

DragonLite
01-15-2015, 07:14 PM
UP zalvati0n u have some news for fix it?? tnks

DragonLite
01-20-2015, 08:38 AM
up zalvati0n u have some news for fix it?? Tnks

bump bump bump

Truffula
01-30-2015, 08:58 PM
having this same problem with new graphics card. any ideas?