PDA

View Full Version : Game not starting

Darklich
12-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Yesterday 12/27/14 I was able to run the game without any problems. Today when I load up Glyph and click play the it goes through its normal routine. Hackshield and the poem.....

Today when it gets to the poem it will highlight all but the last 2 words and just sit there. According to task manager under processes its running but never enters the game. I can let it sit at the poem forever and it never changes.

Anyone else having this problem?

Malana
12-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes, I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a fix for it?

NightMist
12-29-2014, 09:51 PM
I had this happen... TWICE.. and both times this fixed the problem.. (also helped a friend of mine)

Goto this folder. (Drive/name will be whatever you made)
C:\Users\(name)\Documents\ArcheAge\USER

DELETE this folder
-- UDF

Once you restart AA it will recreate that folder from scratch.
If you open that folder you will see millions of files being created? I had 22 million and took me 2 hours to delete and friend had 19 and took him alittle over a few minutes

Hope it helps!

Malana
12-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks so much NightMist. What a nightmare! I ended up having to rename the folder and then delete it. I believe I had millions of files in there as well.

Take care! :)

Fasti
12-31-2014, 02:24 AM
We're trying to collect some info from players with that issue with the UDF folder, if you can send some log files to us, I'd appreciate it. Check out this other post for the details (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?147182-UDF-folder-has-millions-of-files-can-t-get-past-splash-screen).

Thanks!

Malana
12-31-2014, 06:50 AM
Thanks GM Fasti. I have already sent logs via support ticket. Reference Number 141230-000326

I will attach the other logs to the support ticket after they are zipped(current status on that is 2hrs 15mins). O.O Sadly my windows explorer crashes everytime I try to delete the folder. My next attempt to delete it will be in safe mode. Wish me luck! 8,489,856 sst files deleted!

Yewbee
12-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Same thing happening to me. I deleted UDF folder to no avail, and now I am re-installing AA. I noticed that Glyph auto authenticates password which never happened before.

Fasti
01-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Thanks GM Fasti. I have already sent logs via support ticket. Reference Number 141230-000326

I will attach the other logs to the support ticket after they are zipped(current status on that is 2hrs 15mins). O.O Sadly my windows explorer crashes everytime I try to delete the folder. My next attempt to delete it will be in safe mode. Wish me luck! 8,489,856 sst files deleted!

I can give you steps to delete the folder that will absolutely work, and shouldn't crash. It will take some time to delete so you'll want to do those steps before going to sleep, or leaving the house during the day since it can take several hours. If you'd like those steps, update your ticket with the exact location of the folder so I can write custom instructions for you.

Thanks for the log files. If you have any other log files in these locations, please upload those as well:

Document\ArcheAge\ArcheAge.log
Documents\ArcheAge\LogBackups

Jodidram
01-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I've seen you guys are having trouble with the launcher all month now, and I'm a new player trying to enjoy the game. Having this issue where the game isn't starting although I pressed "Play" from the Glyph app is really unpleasant. And seeing that it's been going on for a while, highly unmotivated me about this game. This game seems to be enjoyable but if the devs are not even on top of a bug that doesn't allow their players to play, just shows me the game isn't worth my money. I'm a highly competitive Player, So I do spend a lot of time gaming, which means subscriptions. I've tried every method on all the forums I could find about this, and put in a ticket with the log attached. I won't be playing for a couple of months, but HOPEFULLY this will be addressed soon.