PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield Pros & Cons

Vray
04-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has experience in dual wield. I will take Shadowplay as my main attacking tree and gonna use dual dagger or dualsword. The question is what are the pros and cons for the dual wield?
Thank you:)

Legion
04-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has experience in dual wield. I will take Shadowplay as my main attacking tree and gonna use dual dagger or dualsword. The question is what are the pros and cons for the dual wield?
Thank you:)

I heard that dual sword, daggers, axes, gives bonus bleeding or attack speed

Vray
04-07-2014, 03:45 AM
I heard that dual sword, daggers, axes, gives bonus bleeding or attack speed

Hmmm,,what about the cons??

zefs
04-07-2014, 03:46 AM

Probably less accuracy so you miss more than 2h.

Legion
04-07-2014, 03:50 AM

melee class is already cons =]

Vray
04-07-2014, 03:51 AM
Probably less accuracy so you miss more than 2h.

Oh I see, so that's the purpose on the passive Battlerage skill..What about the damage input? Better or lower that 2hd weapon?

Legion
04-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Oh I see, so that's the purpose on the passive Battlerage skill..What about the damage input? Better or lower that 2hd weapon?
Also you got bonus stats from both weapons

Vray
04-07-2014, 04:39 AM
Also you got bonus stats from both weapons

Don't you think it makes it unbalanced?

ButteredToast
04-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Don't you think it makes it unbalanced?

No, The stats of each dagger/sword is lower than that of say a 2H so it balances each other out in a way.
Dual swords is more of consistent damage while a 2H is more for burst IMO

aphelion
04-07-2014, 05:28 AM
melee class is already cons =]

Ouch... ///

Legion
04-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Ouch... ///

I just don't like assassins, when I play robe classes like wizards =]

Westeller
04-07-2014, 05:50 AM
What, you can't dual-wield wands or somethin'?

Vray
04-07-2014, 06:23 AM
What, you can't dual-wield wands or somethin'?

If Im not mistaken I ever read that dual wand is also possible.

Senichiro
04-07-2014, 06:24 AM
hm i never played a dual wand

Legion
04-07-2014, 06:29 AM

First time hear about it

Vray
04-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Asking about the first 3 battlecarft passive skill.. Are they give effect for every melee weapon??
Example: Weaponwind,, is it only have effect on 2hd Weapon or also for dual wield?

ButteredToast
04-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Asking about the first 3 battlecarft passive skill.. Are they give effect for every melee weapon??
Example: Weaponwind,, is it only have effect on 2hd Weapon or also for dual wield?

That affects all weapons as long as it's a physical attack i assume

Nilv
04-07-2014, 08:04 AM

tested this on Russian servers and it was not possible to dual wield wands :/

Locket
04-07-2014, 12:09 PM
tested this on Russian servers and it was not possible to dual wield wands :/

Dream crusherrr! D:

Blasted
04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I tested dual daggers and I didnt like it. I prefer to use a 2Handed Blade(not sword) it just deals alot more damage and the stats are alot better than dual daggers. Yeah sure Dual daggers give 8% more atk speed but in the end it doesnt matter since almost no one goes auto attacking, its always skill spamming and the 2H just scales alot better.

Vray
04-08-2014, 01:46 AM
I tested dual daggers and I didnt like it. I prefer to use a 2Handed Blade(not sword) it just deals alot more damage and the stats are alot better than dual daggers. Yeah sure Dual daggers give 8% more atk speed but in the end it doesnt matter since almost no one goes auto attacking, its always skill spamming and the 2H just scales alot better.

So the 8% more attack speed don't give any effect for the skill spamming??

iceman
04-08-2014, 02:14 AM
atk spd is lowering global cooldown as well. so more atk spd means you spam skills faster

Vray
04-08-2014, 02:23 AM
atk spd is lowering global cooldown as well. so more atk spd means you spam skills faster

Thank you iceman for the info. So I think I have to reconsider my skill build. :)

Krogger
04-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Things u all should Note : dual weilding 1h dagger / sword = 8% Atk speed increase , Atk speed increase help u cast spells faster. u can dual wield any one handed weapon that u desire but please note doing this is not always smart or viable u may look cool but at the end of the day it wouldnt benefit u if ur not the correct build for it.

Kit7ycat
04-08-2014, 09:19 AM
why does dagger have lower Atkspeed, then say sword? I always thought of a dagger having a faster atkspeed & weaker damg. (this is slightly off topic, but i was looking at weapon atkspeed) Either I am reading another forum of the wrong game, or this is how it is, and it would be more viable, if you are to dual wield use 2 swords.

Euphorius
04-08-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't consider myself anywhere near knowledgeable of the combat systems yet but going off the English translated Talent Trees from Impact, I'd build something like
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011010111010111017111101011101001010100000 001000000.

It's at first glance a high-damage dual-wielding Debuffer build. :) But again, I'm a total noob. So take it with a grain of salt.

I'm also largely interested in a dual-wielding build, so if someone more knowledgeable feels up for commenting, go for it.

-Euphorius

Krogger
04-08-2014, 11:28 AM
why does dagger have lower Atkspeed, then say sword? I always thought of a dagger having a faster atkspeed & weaker damg. (this is slightly off topic, but i was looking at weapon atkspeed) Either I am reading another forum of the wrong game, or this is how it is, and it would be more viable, if you are to dual wield use 2 swords.

its just how the game is made i guess. Daggers just have lower base and attack speed. This is so because u can DUAL weild them + get extra bonuses...Each type of weapon does more damage to people depending on what gear they are wearing for example :

Daggers would be classed as piercing , swords would be classed as slashing , axes and hammers would be classed as blunt

Slashing Piercing Blunt

Plate
Normal Lower Higher

Leather
Lower Higher Normal

Cloth
Higher Normal Lower

Source : http://archeagesource.com/topic/751-weapon-types/

Euphorius
04-08-2014, 11:30 AM
its just how the game is made i guess. Daggers just have lower base and attack speed. This is so because u can DUAL weild them + get extra bonuses...Each type of weapon does more damage to people depending on what gear they are wearing for example :

Daggers would be classed as piercing , swords would be classed as slashing , axes and hammers would be classed as blunt

Slashing Piercing Blunt

Plate
Normal Lower Higher
Leather
Lower Higher Normal
Cloth
Higher Normal Lower

Source : http://archeagesource.com/topic/751-weapon-types/

Thanks Krogger! I love that combat uses weapon types in this game!

Kit7ycat
04-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Daggers are slashing too this is why i am confused. (unless the source i getting it from might be incorrect?)

-Daggers

Attack speed: 1.4 - Bonuses available: force, agility, intelligence - Damage type: slashing

Source: http://archeagesource.com/topic/751-weapon-types/

Peter
04-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Dual wielding gives you the attack speed bonus but a two handed weapon has a higher base damage which means skills will do higher damage. Dual wield would probably be better for a crit build, two handed if you are going for attack power.

Also one handed staves may only be used with a shield. Otherwise it would be way too powerful.

Brutus
04-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Dual wield gets bonus ATK Speed and Bonus damage to a few skills .

shadole
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
my guess is that dual wield, is faster damage then way sword and shield. 2H swords are drastically slower, but do more damage then dual wield. so the damage chart would be sword & shield< dual wield < 2H.

Vray
04-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Dual wield gets bonus ATK Speed and Bonus damage to a few skills .

Could you give the skill example??

Aurelius Luna
04-09-2014, 03:36 AM
thanks for the post, it really was informative i was thinking about starting as shadow play . Going probly rethink my build. thank you

Stiffy
04-09-2014, 07:47 AM
thanks for the post, it really was informative i was thinking about starting as shadow play . Going probly rethink my build. thank you

It is very informative, you're right there. But even after reading about what the players have to say, I still think I would be starting as shadow play, since this is the typical class I am most comfortable with in all MMORPG's I play.

MoSa
04-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Guys anyone is going to play with KNIGHT build?

Vray
04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Guys anyone is going to play with KNIGHT build?

Did you refer to a Tank class??

It is very informative, you're right there. But even after reading about what the players have to say, I still think I would be starting as shadow play, since this is the typical class I am most comfortable with in all MMORPG's I play.

Me too. Always comfort playing this kind of role. An Agile melee DPS. :)