PDA

View Full Version : Please help me build my Abolisher

whiskeyditka
12-29-2014, 02:53 PM
I am a new lvl 50 abolisher and up until this point I have been wearing plate but as I read through different guides I am so torn on which direction to take.

I think it is amazing there are as many options usually everything is so cookie cutter.

I will be rotating between a Nightblade/Abolisher as I enjoy both specs a lot. So I was hoping there is a set that will be suitable for both builds. I have been reading there is significant diminishing returns on physical defense from wearing plate and the bonus doesn't help that much. If that is true I suppose I would run leather.

I am clueless into what Lunagems and Frosts I should be using but I usually enjoy being more tanky than damage.

If anyone has any input on the direction I should take my gear I am all ears!!! I am very excited about this part of the game! I am not sure if I put enough info here so if you have any questions on my playstyle just ask I'll answer any questions I can to help me get the right gear!!

whiskeyditka
12-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Any opinions at least on the leather vs plate?

How any of you have gemmed up your gear?

Gamemako
12-30-2014, 03:30 PM
You should almost never wear plate, especially not with a shield. Desert or Earth leather or Earth cloth. The leather will make you more resistant to physical damage, removing the 15% cut/thrust penalty, while the cloth will make you more resistant to debuffs.

mrcharly
12-31-2014, 05:12 AM
for PvE, always wear plate.

A lot of pvp is against archers, so again, you need plate.

What skill build are you using and are you playing pve or pvp?

MaceoPlex
12-31-2014, 05:40 AM
You should stick to plate all the way untill you are able to get a Epherium Desert/Earth Leather.

The thing with Plate is - It will cover 70% of the World Damage you take ( that include a huge part of the PvE and PvP elements ).
But there is absolutely no use of it as after Arcane Epherium or Delphinand grades simple because you hit the Defense hard cap (5200) ,
for which u start losing reduction points per stacked defense.

I am playing Abolisher / Blighter as u can see from my sig and im with Heroic Epherium Desert set and HT3 shield on the defense hardcap.
The phy dmg reduction is pretty sweet but mages usually sht on you as it is.

Slotting the gems - Head Lunastone - Stamina + 6 / +7
Chest Lunastone - The Honor Gem that gives +3% dmg reduction ( its very essential as it apply to mag dmg as well as physical )
Belt Lunastone - Stamina + 6 / + 7
Hands Lunastone - you have 3 good options here: 2% crit rate ( my choice ) , Stam +6 /+7 , +24% more critical dmg
Arms and legs - Stamina + 6 / +7
Feet Lunastone - +5% Move speed , Lunagems - +1%/+2% speed

All lunagems should be mag defense ... if you are a rich mf like me you could stack x2 per piece of gear
which will bring you to around 17% MagDef. with the right gear

Anonian
12-31-2014, 08:56 AM
You should almost never wear plate, especially not with a shield. Desert or Earth leather or Earth cloth. The leather will make you more resistant to physical damage, removing the 15% cut/thrust penalty, while the cloth will make you more resistant to debuffs.
hahhaha. Never wear plate? What is this, arena? You do realize with the current archery dominant meta and with all those FOTM darkrunners, world pvp damage is over 75% physical?

Nice defending with a stone cloth set when you're punctured.

OP it's best to get a plate set. Abolishers already have conversion shield and magic shield which are two mdef steroids. Plate is a must have for those pesky darkrunners and cowardly primevals. Plate is generally cheaper too. Keep in mind puncture reduces your physical defense by 2000 so it's always nice to have more pdef.

whiskeyditka
12-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Great Replies everyone. I love that the debate is so real. I feel like I am always against Physical DPS players.

I have 0 interest in PVE. I have been lvl 50 over a month and haven't stepped foot into GHA.

I also don't care about arenas well at least the 1v1.

Good point about Puncture as almost all Battlerage builds have it.

Could someone running leather tell me if the MDEF from it helps at all against mages. I get absolutely destroyed by them in my plate set.