PDA

View Full Version : Class Clarification

Rheign
12-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Alright .. So I am a new player and only at level 16 (Is the game level cap at 50?) and I was wondering if anyone can give me suggestions on the skillset combinations I can use that fit what I am asking for (if any :P); I've read a lot about the combinations but I am still not sure of what I'm doing.

I am currently running a Darkrunner .. I don't know why nor do I think I know enough about the game to judge it, I just did.

In general, I play close ranged combat characters whether physical or magic damage dealers (yes, I've played close ranged magic damaged dealers in MMORPGs before) .. and so I like offensive classes and thus, well .. the damage needs to be decent. I am also impulsive and enough HP or enough magic defense and physical defense are usually a must to compensate for my wrong moves. While I am not really big on CC abilities having one maybe two (or maybe one CC and one anti-CC) is usually nice but what I like more are buffs and de-buffs (not sure if both can be found in a single skillset or a single class). Finally, I like mobility: gap closing abilities and gap opening abilities (if I may use these terms).
I don't mind other stats or abilities as long as the core of what I'm asking for doesn't change. I try and give myself distance when needed but when I initiate I like to be close ranged .. I like assassin classes but think like a DPS Tank (or a DPS turned kind of Tank given buffs and relative to applied de-buffs)

I am really sorry for the long post.
And I am not sure if I am asking for too much, as I do not know the game so well .. but with 120 classes I'm hoping to find something that I am asking for.

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps me out.

Dremlock
12-30-2014, 06:06 AM
buffs, some CC, some anti CC, mobility - Sounds like u want auramancy
debuffs, assassin, initiates close range, some CC, mobility - sounds like you want shadowplay
close range damage - battlerage

yea I think you picked the right class with darkrunner

Gamemako
12-30-2014, 04:07 PM
You definitely would have to do Battlerage plus either Shadowplay or Auramancy to get your melee DPS plus CC and mobility. A few things I could suggest from there:

Darkrunner (Battlerage/Shadowplay/Auramancy) is what you're already using, which is a melee DPS class with high mobility and good damage. Lower physical defense.

Blighter (Battlerage/Shadowplay/Defense) is a bruiser with solid burst damage and a bit better physical defense plus a massive CC chain. Less sustained damage and magical defense.

Abolisher (Battlerage/Defense/Auramancy) is a bruiser and common melee tank. Since it has the same +24% attack speed buff as Darkrunner, the damage is pretty solid as well, though it lacks the burst from Shadowplay. Like all Defense/Auramancy builds, it's exceedingly hard to kill.

Allyria
01-27-2015, 05:06 AM
darkunner or abolisher. main difference is, darkrunners are squishier (bursty, glass cannon type) and abolishers are tankier with less mobility, but still a gap closer/opener with teleportation.

abolisher is battlerage, defense, aura btw