PDA

View Full Version : Sudden game issues



Funtastic
12-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi!

Let me start by saying I have never before had a problem playing this game (been playing a bit over a month). I never have any lag or DC issues. The game runs perfectly for me.

Until about 2 days ago that is. All of a sudden the game started randomly freezing. Like it would lock up my entire laptop and would force me to have to shut down the laptop without being able to shut down the game. It does this randomly. I'll be playing just fine with no lag and no problems then the whole game will freeze and I will get a black screen of doom. I cant even open task manager.

A couple other problems I have noticed are when I first try to run the game. Randomly it wont load and will have a window (website in firefox) pop up that is in Korean. >.< Once I close that and try rebooting the game I can log in fine. But it has never done this before till now.

Other times the game will load but it takes FOREVER. I have a $2500 gaming laptop. I load games etc usually in less than 30 secs. It is super fast. This game was that way too a couple days ago. I could log in really quickly. Now (last couple of days) loading into the game (when Im successful in doing so) takes forever and I'll think it is frozen but eventually the game will load many minutes later.

I cant seem to find a way to check my files etc on the glyph installer to make sure the latest updates etc DLd correctly like you can in other games. Anyone know what I mean? Or have any other thoughts/fixes? I've looked in my UDF folder which is causing problems for some people and the folder is empty so I dont think that is my issue. >.<

Thanks for any help!

Fasti
01-01-2015, 03:04 AM
There are two UDF folders, so make sure to go to Documents\ArcheAge\USERS\udf, right-click on the folder and select Properties. If you open the folder directly you may not see all the files contained there.

If that folder has millions of files, send us the info requested in this alternate thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?147182-UDF-folder-has-millions-of-files-can-t-get-past-splash-screen), please. Once we have the log files requested, you can rename your ArcheAge folder to any other name, including ArcheAgeOLD, then launch the game again.

If that folder doesn't contain a large number of files you can just make sure to download any updates available for your antirirus software, then add the full Glyph and ArcheAge folders to your antivirus exceptions list.

Funtastic
01-01-2015, 07:43 AM
I looked again and this folder only has 9 files in it. I looked directly and through properties. It is only like 7Kb large. It actually looks like all 9 of these files were created yesterday 12/31. >.< Should I still delete it?

I uninstalled Norton completely since it had expired about a week ago just to see if it would fix my issues and it didnt. I also made sure I have windows defender turned off atm. Still having issues. =/

Fasti
01-01-2015, 07:49 AM
No need to delete that folder, no. Thanks for checking for me, though. Try disabling background tasks (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/392) on your PC to see if something is interfering with Glyph or ArcheAge.

You should be able to leave any security software installed and active, just make sure to allow the full Glyph and ArcheAge folders to the exceptions/allowed programs. I hope that helps!

Minakie
01-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I was having the same issue, but with some extras. I noticed that for a few days now (maybe since the last patch?) every time I'd enter the game, either after login in or simply changing character, all my custom tabs would be gone from the chat window, so each day I was creating the same tabs over and over just so that I could keep track of my guild/party/family chats properly. Yesterday I wanted to use our guild's TS and it was only when I realized the game sounds were so loud I couldn't hear my guildies on TS that it occurred to me: maybe the chat tabs weren't the only problem, maybe the whole settings was the problem. It was as if some of my settings were being properly saved as having been changed and others were just on a loop on default values. So today I decided to randomly delete my system.cfg to let the game create a new one and not only were all those issues solved, but my loading times are also back to normal now :D