PDA

View Full Version : Switching from GHA cloth to Lake as a Mage, does the lack of spirit hurt?

boobookittyfock
12-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Just curious, I have no way to test it without buying the gear first.

Lygophobia
12-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Spirit is a joke stat for mages, it gives you some magic resist and thats it.
Mana regen only count when not casting (so when your not doing anything) using skills/pots/food to regen mana will do ALOT more

Tol
12-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Spirit gives accuracy as well. It is not useless.

Andius
12-31-2014, 01:31 PM
I could be wrong but as a healer I've seemed to noticed that while my health and mana regeneration while not casting is very high, my regeneration rate while actually using abilities doesn't seem to have an modifiers beyond the ones on my cape, and is actually insanely low.

That's with a spirit of over 300. I feel like other than for the modification to healing power spirit is a darn near entirely useless skill that can be replaced completely by some low grade food.

And yeah lake set looks hardcore. Primary stam with good int but it gets a huge old attack bonus for the full set giving the set a great mix of damage output and survivability for magic damage classes.

Edit: @Tol. Intelligence gives magic accuracy so when weighing spirit against intelligence spirit is useless for a magical DPSer.

Tol
12-31-2014, 01:33 PM
The lake 7 piece bonus is bugged/ poorly translated. it is not 10% of your total magic attack. It appears to be 10% of your base magic attack before gear.

Andius
12-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Ah. Still if you go with the full int set that leaves to no survivability, though you'll be an absolute cannon when it comes to damage output.

Stam and int are the only two stats that are really worthwhile for a pure mage so I would advise the wave set or the lake set, and I feel like the lake set is much better rounded for PvP. The wave set could die too fast to ever bring it's insane damage into play if you get tripped or stunned.

Rickthorian
12-31-2014, 01:42 PM
You probably have 100% magic accuracy, spirit is kinda useless.

Tol
12-31-2014, 01:44 PM
My point was only that it is not useless. For a caster with 100% magical accuracy, sure.. it's virtually useless