PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with my Nightblade build?

Trinorino
01-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Hello guys, and Happy New Year!
I'm currently playing a Nightblade (Shadowplay / Defense / Auramancy), I really like the class, since it allows me to have some dps with some survival. I don't wanna be the main dps or main tank, just a guy who can handle himself.
But I have many questions :(
The main question: what is my role in a GPvP? (After a few duels I realized the class is fine against archers and mages, but gets rekt by a plate user)

I know I don't have as much damage as an Abolisher, so how can I improve my DPS at its best? Strenght, crits, sword, katana?

I'm wearing leather for additional damage, but with the amount of archers and melee, should I use plate? (Just remember that I don't wanna be a tank)

Which are the main stats: Strenght - agility or agi - str?

I'm just lvl 40 now, so I won't post my build, but if anyone asks I show the build I'm planning to use.
Please, help *-* and have a nice day. :)

Gamemako
01-01-2015, 08:48 AM
• The main question: what is my role in a GPvP? (After a few duels I realized the class is fine against archers and mages, but gets rekt by a plate user)

• I know I don't have as much damage as an Abolisher, so how can I improve my DPS at its best? Strenght, crits, sword, katana?

• I'm wearing leather for additional damage, but with the amount of archers and melee, should I use plate? (Just remember that I don't wanna be a tank)

• Which are the main stats: Strenght - agility or agi - str?

I'm just lvl 40 now, so I won't post my build, but if anyone asks I show the build I'm planning to use.
Please, help *-* and have a nice day. :)

1) Bruiser. Focus on isolating targets with Imprison, especially out of stealth or with teleport. Even if you can't kill them, isolating healers means you break LOS for heals and your team gets to pick off a few. You can also use Imprison defensively. In any case, just make sure you have Imprison.
2) You picked one of the lowest-damage combinations in the game. Not much you can do about that. Take advantage of Stalker's Mark with Shrug/Roar to get bursts off, isolate and chain-trip opponents. Hit Invincibility to get your cooldowns back if need be.
3) Plate is generally worthless for PvP in ArcheAge. Wear leather for offense, cloth for debuff reduction if you need it. In any case, you don't have the AoE to be a PvP tank regardless; your biggest challenge is to be enough of a threat that people don't just ignore you. Again, you absolutely must have Imprison.
4) Agility is secondary at best. Most of your damage is going to be physical, so strength is superior. Also, stamina is insanely important in PvP. Do note, however, that you should not be one of the fools who dramatically overvalue strength: the DPS difference between Gale and Flame weapons is only around 1-2% for a general case.

Trinorino
01-02-2015, 10:07 AM
1) Bruiser. Focus on isolating targets with Imprison, especially out of stealth or with teleport. Even if you can't kill them, isolating healers means you break LOS for heals and your team gets to pick off a few. You can also use Imprison defensively. In any case, just make sure you have Imprison.
2) You picked one of the lowest-damage combinations in the game. Not much you can do about that. Take advantage of Stalker's Mark with Shrug/Roar to get bursts off, isolate and chain-trip opponents. Hit Invincibility to get your cooldowns back if need be.
3) Plate is generally worthless for PvP in ArcheAge. Wear leather for offense, cloth for debuff reduction if you need it. In any case, you don't have the AoE to be a PvP tank regardless; your biggest challenge is to be enough of a threat that people don't just ignore you. Again, you absolutely must have Imprison.
4) Agility is secondary at best. Most of your damage is going to be physical, so strength is superior. Also, stamina is insanely important in PvP. Do note, however, that you should not be one of the fools who dramatically overvalue strength: the DPS difference between Gale and Flame weapons is only around 1-2% for a general case.

Thank you, and the part of isolating a target in the battle was really useful.
I was thinking about agility to increase the chances of crits, but I'll reconsider, since strength is the base of damage.

And bumperino!

Trinorino
01-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Come on guys, no more suggestions? :(