PDA

View Full Version : Decent Blighter Build?

Angryray
01-01-2015, 11:21 AM
In need of some opinions on this Blighter build:

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/259856

Basically, I just switched over from Darkrunner for two reasons. #1, it's the biggest cookie cutter class in the game with not a lot of room for adjustments in builds (ik Blighter isn't a huge difference, but I see 100 less blighters a day than I do Darkrunners.). #2, I'm sick of being so squishy fighting anything, and being screwed in group fights.

My gear could be better. I'm running 4 piece Arcane Illustrious Desert Leather (head, chest, hands, waist), and 3 piece GHA leather (for the crit bonus), along with a Tier 1 Hasla Shield and Tier 2 sword (upgrading very soon).

My standard combo opener is as follows:

Buff > Charge > Triple Slash (trip) > Shield Bash > Shadowsmite (trip) > Precision Strike > Ollo's Hammer (trip) > Triple Slash > Back Flip Disengage or Tiger Strike Finish

I'm just looking for some opinions on whether people think this is a viable build or not. I'm quite used to playing Darkrunner... I just don't care for playing the class anymore. And... obviously I have to ask... Plate or Leather?

Thanks in advance for the advice ;)

Digressio
01-01-2015, 11:49 AM
You need to use Shield which makes the dual wield passive in Batterage pointless.

Angryray
01-01-2015, 12:00 PM
You need to use Shield which makes the dual wield passive in Batterage pointless.

You do know that it still gives the 8% crit rate, right?

Digressio
01-01-2015, 12:03 PM
You do know that it still gives the 8% crit rate, right?

I do, it requires you to dual wield in order to work.

Angryray
01-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I do, it requires you to dual wield in order to work.

False. It has been tested many times and has been proven to have the 8% crit work even with sword and shield, you just lose the ranged parry. Unless they changed something in the last patch, then it does in fact still work.

If you can provide a reason for me to not take the passive (other than it doesn't work for the crit, because it does) then I will gladly listen.

Insatiable
01-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Take off Ollo's Hammer, I don't think it's worth it at all. Drop it and either shadowstep / freerunner for the Stalker's Mark and Overwhelm Combo and respec for any one of them whenever you feel you need it more, and the defence passive it's either the one you have or the first one with the +% block rate, I think both are good.

Saltnes
01-20-2015, 01:56 AM
This (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/188585) Is the build i use when i roll blighter, i somethimes switch the 5% damage passive for somthing else in battlerage but thats what i go 90% of the time. I use a Epherium Earth Shortspear as mainhand and a Hasla T1 Shield :)

Cylthia
01-20-2015, 02:26 AM
My Build (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/99468)

Depending on your playstyle you might want to switch Weapon Maneuvers with Frenzy, other than that, this is the single most efficient Blighter build. And do not under any circumstances wear plate armor, thank you.

As Weapon i would recommend a shotspear, sword and katan will do fine as well.

Anonian
01-20-2015, 08:34 AM
My Build (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/99468)

Depending on your playstyle you might want to switch Weapon Maneuvers with Frenzy, other than that, this is the single most efficient Blighter build. And do not under any circumstances wear plate armor, thank you.

As Weapon i would recommend a shotspear, sword and katan will do fine as well.

I naturally came to this build as a conclusion when I started out as Blighter but then I realised I needed Stalker's Mark for instant trip from Overwhelm and the BR movement speed passive because I was being kited by the best geared primevals.

Stalker's Mark opens up the gate for so many combo and counterplay opportunities that I couldn't at first see as a rookie Blighter.

Blighters are good with Plate or Leather. Blighter BiS is either desert delph leather with any sword and kraken shield or Earth delph leather with flame delph sword and shield. However for those under budget, plate is a viable option with magic defense lunagems.

Cylthia
01-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Aside from 1v1s where you can switch gear according to your opponent, I would always go with leather.

If you can afford it, i would recommend the shortspear over the sword. The burst damage it offers is just too big.

Besides that you shouldnŽt have problems with primeevals or stonearrows, i do get kited by them from time to time too, but thats not because of my build, but because of sloppy playing. Shadowstep in combination with charge/ts or shieldslam gives you plenty of options to close gaps. I wonŽt even go for stalkers mark with lvl 55, IŽd rather get those juicy defense passives.

Anonian
01-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Aside from 1v1s where you can switch gear according to your opponent, I would always go with leather.

If you can afford it, i would recommend the shortspear over the sword. The burst damage it offers is just too big.

Besides that you shouldnŽt have problems with primeevals or stonearrows, i do get kited by them from time to time too, but thats not because of my build, but because of sloppy playing. Shadowstep in combination with charge/ts or shieldslam gives you plenty of options to close gaps. I wonŽt even go for stalkers mark with lvl 55, IŽd rather get those juicy defense passives.

The best geared primevals have over 7.2 m/s movement speed without freerunner. They run so fast with freerunner that your gap closers won't even register unless you're right next to them. Stonearrows can't even kite as well as primevals so I don't know why you list them in the same category.

As auramancy users have stun immunity, you must have stalker's mark so your overwhelm trips instead of stuns. Charge can be countered by bondbreaker so if you're up against an abolisher you will get tanked and spanked.

zombieharlequin
01-20-2015, 08:02 PM
After playing Blighter all through Alpha, Beta and through release so far, I have experimented with near every possible combination for a blighter that there is. I have settled with this as my current build http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/268149

I can take out pretty much any class I come up against (Even the blighters counter class Daggerspell) using this set up.

Anonian
01-21-2015, 02:24 AM
After playing Blighter all through Alpha, Beta and through release so far, I have experimented with near every possible combination for a blighter that there is. I have settled with this as my current build http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/268149

I can take out pretty much any class I come up against (Even the blighters counter class Daggerspell) using this set up.

no freerunner, stealth, shadowsmite, shadowstep? Just pure tank and spank build? How are you not being kited to death? What kind of noobs have you been fighting? Does your server not have a pvp scene?

Shafty
01-21-2015, 06:30 AM
Hi copy this!!!!
I played endless arenas(1000+) and i have 95% winrate on 1v1(yes i have good gear celestial desert leather and celestial delphinad earth sword).

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/116468

i tryed to change builds a bit... but at the end this is the best you can do.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/228958 you can take out silence or the healthbuff in grp pvp the auramancy buff isnt much weaker and imprison is good to block people or save your ♥♥♥. But other then this i dont see anything thats not 100% necessary.

Tipps from very experienced blighter to increase winrate ALOT!!!

- use block against the daggerspell meteor comp! Meteor wont knock you down then and you just shadowstep+stun and oneshot him.
- remeber to use silence first against people with auramancy when you attack them out of stealth so they cant sleep and cant remove stun.
-Darkrunner will 70% of all games use teleport and sleep... allways use you block right when they teleport and its half way won.
- AND! Allways sprint to your enemy at the beginning of arena...

mrcharly2
01-21-2015, 08:45 AM
On my server people sit in stealth around hasla in groups, wait for you to come in then attack - CC locked down, DD from two to three at once.

I don't know of any way to counter that. Have managed to sit in Invincibility and a group pulled them off me but that's it.

Cylthia
01-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, IŽm not so sure about trading roar vs reckless charge, but it looks like a viable option. Other than that, stop saying that one would "need" the mark-trip, I never needed it, IŽd rather use this GC to close in and silence n stuff.

Shafty
01-22-2015, 04:28 PM
The reason you take mark is not the trip... well at least not only the trip...

-21% more dmg thats HUGHE like diffrence between hasla weapon and delphinad
-35% less heal
- high range to get people from glider
AND the most important
is prevent people from stealth or take them out of stealth.
i woud rather take out any other skill on that tree then this... its like the most improtant skill you got.

And if 3 people ambush you... and you know it. Use block to get imun to trip and use bondbreaker right after stun this will give you at least 3-4s to kill 1 person at least if you krit your 3 spells (stun, shadowsmite, precisionstrike)
edit:
If you cant predict it...

-Use cloack to remove stun then use block
- Switch to auramancy and remove stun+teleport (abolisher)
- Or if you want to fight use cloack or auramancy +witchcraft and fear all just run away or kill 1 while others are feared.

AND for reckless charge... roar is only better on stationary fights agianst abolisher or ♥♥♥♥ like that... and they are weak anyways.
What many people dont know is shadowstep used with no target will just increase your runspeed for 40% and 3s then its like a mini sprint that has a 50% chance to reset. So if you cant get in range to primes or others just use the minisprint you got tigerstrike and charge or the reset to close the distance once you are in range.