PDA

View Full Version : A quickie question

Nimue
07-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Morning folks.

Just looking at this game, and before I go and spend some serious coin on it, I was wondering - is this game mainly pvp based, or mainly pve? I am not that keen on pvp, but the game looks very interesting as far as questing and adventuring and combat is concerned. And I dont really want to invest only to find that the main premise is pvp.

Any advice?

Thanks

Nim

Megadone
07-04-2014, 02:27 PM
open pvp with elements of pve... it's alpha lots of stuff happening..

welcome to the forums

Ruse
07-04-2014, 02:29 PM
There's plenty to do that's not directly PvP ... however most of it takes place in zones where you CAN be attacked, even if it's unlikely for that to happen. There are "peace times" for zones so if you work it right you can avoid a lot of PvP, if that's what you want. You can't avoid ALL of it though.

Moon Door
07-04-2014, 02:39 PM
did someone say quickie?

From the look of things at launch the game will be very different from sometime after launch. Meaning for awhile open world pvp(Taking trade pack somewhere) or farming is fun but at the end it'll just all comes down to comparing length and size of e-peen aka arena like in WoW I made it to 1800 rating by the way. for 2 vs 2

WingedLion
07-04-2014, 02:49 PM
From what I've seen/heard/been told, the game is predominantly pvp-oriented, but still relies heavily on non-pvp activities. The people who enjoy the pvp aspect still have to have resources and gear, and the people who enjoy farming resources and gear still have to protect themselves from threats. Since most people have a preference regarding which they enjoy more, establishing relationships with other players seems to be very important. Highly skilled pvp-focused players might not have the time or desire to dedicate to resource farming, but may offer protection services to the players who do in exchange for some of their crafted goods or supplies. I've not played too much, so I don't know if this is exactly how it works but this is how it seems based on the explanations I've received.

Nimue
07-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks so much for all the superfast responses - and explanations. I shall take it all under advisement, and await this game. My interest is perhaps a little on the shalllow side, but I would love to be in on a game from the ground floor. Given that I play Rift quite a bit, this looked awesome.

Anyway thanks again. Perhaps see everyone in game :D

Ryuna
07-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the community and forum! :)