PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on meele farm build

ecwcs
01-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey guys as the title states, I would like help deciding on a meele farm build.

At this moment I'm currently running darkrunner with 11 points in Battlerage / Shadowplay and only 1 point in Auramancy for the meditate. Here is what it looks like: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/261747

This build is great because I can do lots of damage. However the problem arises where I have to stop every 7 kills to meditate and open my purses for the mana regen.

I've been thinking of a shadow blade build which doesn't seem to have any mana troubles whatsoever. However I could use some help with it.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/261751

This is the basic version of what I want. At least 9 points in Witchcraft for the mana passive as well as mudhand / evercirate for the hp regen ( have staff which I can switch to if needed).

Now my question is... I have 14 points left... should I go 11 in battlerage / 3 shadowplay or 11 in shadowplay / 3 in battlerage or 10 in battlerage / 4 in shadow or 9 in shadow / 5 battlerage .. etc etc.

Please note this will be mainly for farming so I don't need any of the "defensive" skills.

Also dunno if it matters, but I'm using desert set (strength /stamina), 2x katana and increased skill damage rings.

Eydt
01-05-2015, 11:22 PM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.3.2/8CmpJ3ClyaE

I like to run a hexblade for AoE farming monster's for coinpurses and I would recommend using something like the above as well if you are just looking to farm purses. The reason why I chose hexblade over something else like an abolisher or shadowblade is that meditate itself doesn't really cut it for me on the mana regeneration, and since I'm usually fighting between three and five monsters at a time i also need more health sustain which I wouldn't necessarily get from the auramancy skill tree. So I decided to use witchcraft for just the ability play dead as it basically ends up being a full heal on a 3 minute cool down.

However if you really want to go as a shadowblade I would probably recommend putting most of your points in the battle rage tree as it has something that the shadowplay tree simply lacks; AoE abilities and just more upfront damage to quickly kill things that are going to have a predictable attack pattern.

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.8.2/TCP7zbEThaS

I modified your skill trees a bit and put 8 points in battle rage for single target damage. Battle focus and deflect and retaliate should be a no brainer if you want to do melee damage with this skill tree and before anyone asks you get the 8% crit chance from the second passive even if you are not dual wielding which I thought would be a little more useful than just 5% more melee DPS, not to mention that precision strike does 2x normal damage when it crits as opposed to 1.5 like everything else. Then I also chose triple slash over rapid strike because I wanted the trip CC and the fact that it also does significantly more damage than rapid strike. The 10% cooldown is just a personal preference skill point since I needed at least one more so I could take deflect and retaliate.

Shadowplay I chose to put 5 points in, overwhelm is just another nice ability that has CC attached to it. Stalkers mark increases ALL damage done to the target so that makes it another must have if you are going to take this skill tree. Shadowsmite is like another precision strike with the downside that you need to either attack from behind or stack bloodthirst and since I didn't take abilities that generate bloodthirst means that you would have to move behind the enemy during the time that they are CC'd if you want to do any damage with this ability and of course I took stealth and back drop because any place you are going to be able to farm for jesters is a place where you can be attacked from other players so these are always nice to have. If you feel like be attacked by other players is something that you really need to be worried about or just something that isn't that important then feel free to swap these abilities out for ones that do generate bloodthirst for a stronger shadowsmite.

Lastly there is the witchcraft skill tree which I added one more skill point than you for the all important instant cast mudhand, I'd hate to be getting attacked by a monster and have my casting interrupted and not get the life leach off. Of course if you are going to use mudhand for life leach then you would have to use that staff otherwise you'd do no damage and hence get almost no life back and if you are going to use a staff then I'd also recommend taking Dahuta's Breath for even more damage in which case I removed purge since I also felt like you don't really need it since you can pick and choose what mob and what type of mob you are going to be fighting and you didn't take magic detection so I can only assume that you are going to be fighting the ones that do physical damage and therefore don't need the additional magic defense from purge as well.

recka
01-06-2015, 02:36 PM
i run 11/11/1 also when i farmed coin purses

i did in darkrunner/shadowplay both 11/11/1

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/262185, but i guess i play different then you. i dont have mana problems in general
only use few skills

one rotation
stalkers mark
normal bow hit (till mob is close)
overwhelm
Rapid strike > while moving to its back (2 or 3 times u can do this before mob get up)
Shadowsmite (before mob get up)

second rotation
Bow hits till mob is close
Charge
Triple slash
Rapid strike (while moving to its back again,triple slash trip is not so long)
precision strike
rapid strike again till mob is dead

sometimes i dont even use shadowsmite/precision strike cus i dont go on mobs that take ages to kill
tbh even without witchcraft/aura im fine with labor with some soups that restore 98 Mana/sec (easy to craft tbh)

tho nowadays i aoe only groups of 7/8 mobs, i ♥♥♥♥ them faster then going 1 by 1 on same mobs, only thing i have to wait for is battlerage cooldown or a parry i dont rly use the other 2 trees no matter what i do all im doing is tigerstrike, and whirlwind slash and pray for parry ;) which works fine if u have 7/8 melee mobs on your ♥♥♥ :D

Anonian
01-06-2015, 04:34 PM
i run 11/11/1 also when i farmed coin purses

i did in darkrunner/shadowplay both 11/11/1

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/262185, but i guess i play different then you. i dont have mana problems in general
only use few skills

one rotation
stalkers mark
normal bow hit (till mob is close)
overwhelm
Rapid strike > while moving to its back (2 or 3 times u can do this before mob get up)
Shadowsmite (before mob get up)

second rotation
Bow hits till mob is close
Charge
Triple slash
Rapid strike (while moving to its back again,triple slash trip is not so long)
precision strike
rapid strike again till mob is dead

sometimes i dont even use shadowsmite/precision strike cus i dont go on mobs that take ages to kill
tbh even without witchcraft/aura im fine with labor with some soups that restore 98 Mana/sec (easy to craft tbh)

tho nowadays i aoe only groups of 7/8 mobs, i ♥♥♥♥ them faster then going 1 by 1 on same mobs, only thing i have to wait for is battlerage cooldown or a parry i dont rly use the other 2 trees no matter what i do all im doing is tigerstrike, and whirlwind slash and pray for parry ;) which works fine if u have 7/8 melee mobs on your ♥♥♥ :D
Your farming build sucks

recka
01-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Your farming build sucks

sure does, im getting ~250/300 coin purses in around 30 min so im not changing.

atholol
01-07-2015, 12:00 PM

That is a good combo but I don't know about 250 to 300 in 30 mins...
Where do u farm?

vajtswv
01-07-2015, 12:26 PM

lol i called bs here, will run out of mana here... and since not fighting elites purses will not always drop,

gomei
01-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Also dunno if it matters, but I'm using desert set (strength /stamina), 2x katana and increased skill damage rings.

Yes you want strength and stamina increase parry chance. Battlerage and witchcraft is where you want all your point to go. You want to proc deflect and retaliate as much as possible and with battle focus and it also increase your parry chance you have a very low mana cost for your battle skills. You going to spam precision strike, charge and triple slash all have low mana cost to begin with and even lower with battle focus.

When it proc always precision strike first before you charge or triple slash. This is how I do it:

1) battle foucs and charge in to a triple slash
2) go behind while you doing triple slash and precision strike when you stand behind him, begin first strike on triple slash and move or jump away from the mob.
3) if it proc precision strike and then charge
4) if no proc triple slash and move away to cd is up for charge

In this way you don't take as much damage. Witchcraft give your mana back from the passive.

Here is the build:

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.2.0/TCmZ8mlUW

recka
01-10-2015, 12:02 PM
lol i called bs here, will run out of mana here... and since not fighting elites purses will not always drop,
where i farm it drops 100% every mob
i just have a healer on my ♥♥♥ but I'm never waiting for mana.
Without healer i just pot up and use these 0 profession hp food thingy which i farm/make my self. Now people can nag labor is gold aslong i didn't use labor pot my labor means nothing to me so the food i have is only the seed cost

Not to mention unlike many people i don't go farm mobs that take ages to kill and after 5/8 mobs i need to recover mana or hp.

I farm what yields me most purses in easiest way so obviously I'm not going around on auroria like many people.

Sometimes i use these zenna runes also or whatever the name is since i got tons of them for free from a friend

Grinding Noble coin purses though not jester