PDA

View Full Version : land hackers banned?

Kaosfury
01-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Gm message in game said land hackers have been dealt with.

I hope this is true

Tooey
01-07-2015, 06:52 PM
prolly explains why the 5 second click delay was put in for.. eliminate the macro/spam clickers and expose the real land hackers that get the land the split second it's available.. wait a few weeks getting data on who's winning more and more and how quickly.. Then BAN THEM....

Fiain
01-07-2015, 06:56 PM
If they did.. I can only hope they got to Lucius as well! Its demoralizing when you see the same people winning -every- demo. So.. Here's hoping!

bavinok
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
well i finally got some decent property now as i went running after the announcement and land was everywhere. :)

RichWhale
01-07-2015, 08:01 PM
prolly explains why the 5 second click delay was put in for.. eliminate the macro/spam clickers and expose the real land hackers that get the land the split second it's available.. wait a few weeks getting data on who's winning more and more and how quickly.. Then BAN THEM....

Actually the 5-second rule just made it harder for legit players to get land, as that hack tool they were using was updated to only send one packet to the server at the exact moment of demolition and didn't spam anyways... so there was no reason for it other than to make the legit players even more angry :\

Zoruaofepic
01-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Well, this doesn't really matter much to me considering I don't have patron and can't own land. Still, its nice knowing those land hackers have been taken care of.

Hodorr
01-07-2015, 08:11 PM
From a post on a certain disreputable AA botting site, posted today:

Server: EU Dahuta

Ban time: 8th Jan, around 22:00 GMT+1

How many accounts were banned: 1

What plugins you use, or what you do with ArcheBuddy ingame:
Scarecrow
Created my own Radar
Landgrab

Did you use different IP addresses? (Note, that public or lowcost private IP list, and V-P-Ns can be used by another bots\ spammers).
Nope

Any another information that you consider relevant.
"I'm pretty sure i got a GM's attention because of using a Landgrab plugin. Had multiple tells from people that they reported me...week ago started a second account and transfered all gold, goods & plots to him. Basically just lost a char that can be easily replaced.
Been using AB since beginning November. Im still gonna make an appeal cus i want to see what they have to say"

Kaosfury
01-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Rapture the cheaters

Evilsix
01-07-2015, 08:24 PM
GJ Trion. I sincerely hope you got them all and discouraged anyone from trying it in the future.

Hodorr
01-07-2015, 08:25 PM
It seems to be a minor ban wave based on the Land scanner AB plugin. A few complaining on the AB site already. It would be nice if they could ban the the main accounts hording the illicit gains, though. Otherwise it is pointless.

Cetra
01-07-2015, 08:30 PM
But what's crazy is that my acccount and some friends were banned as well and NONE of us has EVER used any hacks etc.

And to make it even worse, my account was hacked last night as guildies watched my character strip all his armor off and mail it to some guy's alts. Once I regained access to my account and changed all the passwords etc. I contacted support this morning and they confirmed my account was hacked and did a restore on it. I had to change my email address, add an authenticator and all sorts of stuff to get my account back and then they ban me 4 hours later.

I hate to be the one that has sat here and defended the game through thick and thin only to get a false-positive myself and get waxed after everything I've worked for. The last 24 hours has been the worst game experience i've ever had, I've never felt so taken advantage of and cheated in my life while watching all the usual suspects continue to hack and ruin the game.

I own 3 16x16s and my 8x8s and with how long it takes them to respond to appeals from what I've seen I'll probably lose the only property I own and have worked my tail off for since Day 1.

What a lovely day, I get hacked.. Then Trion confirms I've been hacked, my account had been compromised and has my back and gets my stuff back, I start praising them, then they ban me 4 hours later for something I haven't the slightest clue on how to do.. After I've hated land grabbers so much from the start then I get accused of it.. I have a buddy moving back to the states after a couple years, guy hasn't hardly logged in the last several weeks and he gets banned too.

Question Reference # 150108-000243

Evilsix
01-07-2015, 08:32 PM
It seems to be a minor ban wave based on the Land scanner AB plugin. A few complaining on the AB site already. It would be nice if they could ban the the main accounts hording the illicit gains, though. Otherwise it is pointless.

I wouldn't say pointless, but perhaps less than 100% effective.

Still, its awesome and a great step forward. Thank you again Trion for stepping up and taking action on a long standing issue.

imnotyoda
01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
inb4 scooter buttsman claims it was just 6 nefarious accounts across all of NA and EU. kek.

Evilsix
01-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Lol, as soon as the GM announced it I said in faction, "In before the flood of false ban posts on the forum".

Here they are.

Cetra
01-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Lol, as soon as the GM announced it I said in faction, "In before the flood of false ban posts on the forum".

Here they are.

Yea, I've been just like you since Beta until it happened to me. It happens and don't bet for a second it can't happen to you as well followed by you losing everything for no reason at all.

Kaosfury
01-07-2015, 10:42 PM
But what's crazy is that my acccount and some friends were banned as well and NONE of us has EVER used any hacks etc.

And to make it even worse, my account was hacked last night as guildies watched my character strip all his armor off and mail it to some guy's alts. Once I regained access to my account and changed all the passwords etc. I contacted support this morning and they confirmed my account was hacked and did a restore on it. I had to change my email address, add an authenticator and all sorts of stuff to get my account back and then they ban me 4 hours later.

I hate to be the one that has sat here and defended the game through thick and thin only to get a false-positive myself and get waxed after everything I've worked for. The last 24 hours has been the worst game experience i've ever had, I've never felt so taken advantage of and cheated in my life while watching all the usual suspects continue to hack and ruin the game.

I own 3 16x16s and my 8x8s and with how long it takes them to respond to appeals from what I've seen I'll probably lose the only property I own and have worked my tail off for since Day 1.

What a lovely day, I get hacked.. Then Trion confirms I've been hacked, my account had been compromised and has my back and gets my stuff back, I start praising them, then they ban me 4 hours later for something I haven't the slightest clue on how to do.. After I've hated land grabbers so much from the start then I get accused of it.. I have a buddy moving back to the states after a couple years, guy hasn't hardly logged in the last several weeks and he gets banned too.

Question Reference # 150108-000243

Make your own thread about your personal gaming issue.

Dont hijack my thread

Hodorr
01-07-2015, 10:56 PM
This was posted on the AB site. I've been AFK for labor but I assume others saw it in game:
http://s28.postimg.org/5udpxkbi5/J8_T9_WDvt_Ho1t9_ES0n_EZmy_Nug5m_W_w_EYbb2r_P_vy_N 2c_M.png

Cetra
01-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Make your own thread about your personal gaming issue.

Dont hijack my thread

This is a public thread about what happened today, I'll state my case. Don't reply to my other posts wishing me the best and then be rude here.

Tooey
01-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Actually the 5-second rule just made it harder for legit players to get land, as that hack tool they were using was updated to only send one packet to the server at the exact moment of demolition and didn't spam anyways... so there was no reason for it other than to make the legit players even more angry :\

the roadblock is a double edged sword.. making it harder for legit land acquisition leaves more land getting nabbed by hackers.. This makes a bigger gap in the numbers Thus it becomes easier to tell who's hacking land and who's not.. then they can easily see who's hacking and ban them..

Yes it inconvieniences us a bit while they should be working on better strats for dealing with the hackers. now hopefully they did a little bit more of tracing the money and also found the other accounts the hackers used too...

Rekikyo
01-07-2015, 11:57 PM

It did both. And not really.

If someone continuously wins even after the delay it demonstrates "doubt" in their integrity. This gives GM's a small number of accounts to investigate, rather than a flood of false hacker reports which may not be reliable.

That being said, I won my first 6 properties in the last 3 days. The 5 sec rule is really easy to win with as a legit player, as long as a real hacker is not there.

Cetra
01-08-2015, 12:31 AM
It did both. And not really.

If someone continuously wins even after the delay it demonstrates "doubt" in their integrity. This gives GM's a small number of accounts to investigate, rather than a flood of false hacker reports which may not be reliable.

That being said, I won my first 6 properties in the last 3 days. The 5 sec rule is really easy to win with as a legit player, as long as a real hacker is not there.

I haven't even TRIED to win ANY properties on my account in weeks and I got banned, I guess counting to 20s after the plot hit 0 HP and clicking fair and square did a whole lot for me *sigh*

And here you are, winning 6 properties in the last 3 days and you're not banned?

Rekikyo
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM
I haven't even TRIED to win ANY properties on my account in weeks and I got banned, I guess counting to 20s after the plot hit 0 HP and clicking fair and square did a whole lot for me *sigh*

And here you are, winning 6 properties in the last 3 days and you're not banned?

No offense, but you're post here corresponds with the time stamp of someone on one of the sites that said this:

I got banned even though I never won a single plot in the two days I used it...

I find myself complete incapable of believing a word anyone says when they are claiming it is a false positive, as there are many reasons to claim it;

1) hopes of an appeal
2) to save face with friends
3) to damage the reputation of the gamehosts out of retribution

and a very very distant

4) the slim chance they are honest

And seeing as no one I do not know can really prove #4, I conclude it's 1-3.

I won 6 by simply timing clicks. Before now, I couldn't even with with a 34 ms ping because of the autoclickers and bot clickers and hack injectors. The 6 I won, none of the traditional winner names were there.

Cetra
01-08-2015, 01:18 AM
No offense, but you're post here corresponds with the time stamp of someone on one of the sites that said this:

I find myself complete incapable of believing a word anyone says when they are claiming it is a false positive, as there are many reasons to claim it;

1) hopes of an appeal
2) to save face with friends
3) to damage the reputation of the gamehosts out of retribution

and a very very distant

4) the slim chance they are honest

And seeing as no one I do not know can really prove #4, I conclude it's 1-3.

I won 6 by simply timing clicks. Before now, I couldn't even with with a 34 ms ping because of the autoclickers and bot clickers and hack injectors. The 6 I won, none of the traditional winner names were there.

All you accomplished here is self-incrimination.