PDA

View Full Version : Sword vs Shortspear, which is better and why?

Scrinny
01-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I used to play primeval, then moved to trickster, and im playing stone arrow kind of prefer stone arrow to be fair, but my question is which weapon is better sword for its parry orthe shortspear for reducing defense? And why also if possible please too

Kutluch
01-08-2015, 01:13 AM
You are an archer. You shouldn't be using melee enough for it to impact your gameplay at all. If I actually had to choose, I'd go sword and hope you get lucky enough to parry an overwhelm or something. Your gold would be better spent getting a more expensive bow or armour set.

yaruslav
01-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Hey there
What you need is Short spear , there is no way in hell that a good blighter will not get close to you , or any good abolisher with 25k life.
u will need that short spear for the proc and then u can give them some 7-9 k's charged shots and wave the good bye.
stone is not a prime that can just kite forever , you will be caught as for mages or other easy melee specs u need a dagger.

Gamemako
01-08-2015, 05:48 AM
Sword has limited value for a Primeval or Stone Arrow. You'll spend limited time in combat with melee opponents whose attacks you can parry and you don't benefit from parry in the way Battlerage builds do. This is especially true for Stone Arrows, who further dilute the value of parry with blocking. Swords can have strength, stamina, and spirit, so their stats aren't all that useful to you either. Shortspears come with more appropriate stats in agility, stamina, and intelligence, and their passive attack bonus (armor reduction) suits the burst nature of close range abilities you will use as a Primeval.

However, it's worth remembering that it's hard to justify investing the additional gold on a mainhand weapon right now when you can get a perfectly-serviceable sword from Hasla.