PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Lore Series: Gods and Heroes

Scapes
04-07-2014, 07:57 PM
http://webcdn.triongames.com/archeage/img/news/header-lore1.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2013/12/prologue-gods-and-heroes/)

A half-age before the Exodus, twelve companions set forth on an expedition that would give rise to our world at the cost of their own. A detailed accounting of their journey was discovered in Gods and Heroes, a book attributed to Lucius Quinto, the expedition's ill-fated bard.

Read Prologue: Gods and Heroes, Part I. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2013/12/prologue-gods-and-heroes/)
Read Prologue: Gods and Heroes, Part II. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/01/prologue-gods-and-heroes-ii/)
Read Prologue: Gods and Heroes, Part III. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/02/prologue-gods-and-heroes-iii/)
Read Epilogue: Gods and Heroes, Part IV. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/epilogue-gods-and-heroes-iv/)

Krogger
04-07-2014, 08:11 PM
WOOT BEEN waiting for this THX SCAPES!@!!!

Scypher
04-07-2014, 08:13 PM
You dah man!

krallang
04-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Enjoy the lore, thanks scapes

Ironfield
04-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah got to love game lore. Many thanks Scapes.

-Ironfield

Luxeraph
04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks! Now off to read.

Toy Fuzion
04-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Thank you! I'll be curious to see how the founding story of the game will unfold and play! I love the story as much as the idea of playing within the sandbox/park.

Mavol
04-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Work material for work cause.. reasons

Gothils
04-07-2014, 10:08 PM
time to read:)

Voldrax
04-07-2014, 10:42 PM
This is a wonderful beginning to the known world! I wonder when in the future we will have access to the area in which we may possibly release Orchidna or to maybe revive the fallen mysterious dancer. I also wonder why the expedition's bard, Lucius Quinto, is considered to be ill-fated. More coming, or is this revealed in the game's story line? :D

Read Epilogue: Gods and Heroes, Part VI. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/epilogue-gods-and-heroes-iv/)

Note the roman numeral transposition that should be IV? It reads the same on pages 1 through 3.

Ironfield
04-07-2014, 11:18 PM
This is a wonderful beginning to the known world! I wonder when in the future we will have access to the area in which we may possibly release Orchidna or to maybe revive the fallen mysterious dancer. I also wonder why the expedition's bard, Lucius Quinto, is considered to be ill-fated. More coming, or is this revealed in the game's story line? :D

Note the roman numeral transposition that should be IV? It reads the same on pages 1 through 3.

Yeah roman numerals are reading 6 not 4 as they should.

The stories were short, but sweet. They also give a nice context to the Korean versions game trailer that I watched a year or so ago.

For those that haven't seen it head over to Youtube. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Cj43QjpaI)

-Ironfield

Merjin
04-07-2014, 11:43 PM
WHoo lore! Thanks for that :)

Celeste
04-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Yay, thank you Scapes for the lore!

Itaremustbedangeres
04-08-2014, 01:28 AM
thanks for telling us! Now off to the lore page I go.

Liberator48
04-08-2014, 02:50 AM
It says "Part VI" on the links on the other three parts. But it should be Part IV.

Dotti
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
It says "Part VI" on the links on the other three parts. But it should be Part IV.

The romans never reached America... ;)

Sanith
04-08-2014, 05:12 AM
Love reading about the lore behind the world. Wish it wasnt so short but that keeps me wanting more. Thanks for the update Scapes.

Cryos
04-08-2014, 06:01 AM
AAh finally :3
Yay

FruitPunch
04-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Interesting story :).

By the way i doubt Scapes typed the roman number wrong, i feel a gap present between III and VI which would justify the way he wrote.

Read Epilogue: Gods and Heroes, Part VI. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/epilogue-gods-and-heroes-iv/)

Probably more story will soon come :D

Cutepetz
04-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Time to read XD

-FP
04-08-2014, 06:41 AM
All 4 chapters translated to Spanish :D

Prólogo: Dioses y Héroes I (http://www.archeagesp.com/destacados/lore/pr%c3%b3logo-dioses-y-h%c3%a9roes-i-r153)
Prólogo: Dioses y Héroes II (http://www.archeagesp.com/destacados/lore/pr%c3%b3logo-dioses-y-h%c3%a9roes-ii-r137)
Prólogo: Dioses y Héroes III (http://www.archeagesp.com/destacados/lore/pr%c3%b3logo-dioses-y-h%c3%a9roes-iii-r140)
Epílogo: Dioses y Héroes IV (http://www.archeagesp.com/destacados/lore/ep%c3%adlogo-dioses-y-h%c3%a9roes-iv-r151)

Senichiro
04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
i cant wait anymore i need to play the game *______*

Haiakos
04-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks Scapes!

Quang
04-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Good read indeed. Im saving this for later so I can enjoy it to the fullest ^^

lalaboyz55
04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Nice and cool!

Stela
04-08-2014, 09:39 AM
I have to confess that I hadn't read the lore until today :o & now after reading it, that I'll never trust an oddling ever again! :mad:

Why you ask? Because! Of the original 12 companions who set out, the oddling finds a way to “staunch the thirst” of their first opponents, the strange plants. :confused:

Then the first companion to fall was the graceful dancer, (epitome of promise) which left 11, at which point the oddling went missing temporarily. :rolleyes:
Then child-like Orchidna (epitome of innocence) was imprisoned on the fae's throne, which left 10, coincidentally she was seated there by the oddling. :eek:

Then Gene, their leader in arms, became Kyrios, god of death, (epitome of evil) which left 9.
Then gentle Nui sacrificed herself, (epitome of goodness) leaving 8 to face the future,
including the oddling & the speaker, Lucius Quinto, the ill-fated bard.

There's no specific mention of the oddling, regarding the decisions made by Gene or by Nui, but you have to wonder! I bet the oddling had something to do with them, as well as the ill fate, which eventually overcomes Lucius!! :(

Also prophetically, the screen grab image of the companions reaching the crest of the crater, only shows 10 of them! I suspect that the oddling knew that 2 of them were never going to make it out of there, physically or spiritually. http://prntscr.com/383kxm

I hope that that answers your question & that you too will, beware the oddling!!

Silvow
04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Awesome like always :)

SaraNeto
04-08-2014, 10:40 AM
LEt me play, please! The story looks so promising! Can't wait to play Arche Age >,<

Azka
04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I love lore! Thanks ^^
Reading...

YankeeJim
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Very very cool...will admit haven't read many stories with a prologue and an epilogue, but I guess the story is up to us

fearNuke
04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Awesome Scapes, THANKS

NeterP
04-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I really enjoyed reading this story!Nice writing!Keep 'em coming!
Good job Trion:D

Omis
04-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I want to become a mighty hero and save the one let traped on that throne with powerful magic ^_^

Senichiro
04-08-2014, 12:20 PM
i cnat wait anymore the game should release now T_____T

Sino
04-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Now the game gets even more interesting with that mysterious story.

Wolfman
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Thanks so much, been looking forward to this.

Cheers!

xDrac
04-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I wish this was longer.....
I would totally read the book if it was written as well as these little snippets of lore.

IA91
04-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Many thanks, sir

Damermond
04-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Many thanks kind sir

Necroci
04-08-2014, 02:02 PM
The ten surviving characters are the characters mentioned in the descriptions of the skill trees, yes? Makes me wonder if Orchidna and the unnamed dancer will eventually introduce their own skill trees.

Theghost
04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Lore looks AMAZING, hopefully some lore influenced bosses.

Aurelius Luna
04-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks man, the lore is going be amazing cant wait to get on the main story! lol

RoyalLion
04-08-2014, 02:14 PM
ahh finally!, i love me some good lore :3

Euphorius
04-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Glad to have some overarching perspective on the lore. :) I'm looking forward to more.

http://img.pandawhale.com/48707-Thor-ANOTHER-gif-VUYz.gif

Wolfman
04-08-2014, 02:29 PM
So is there any news about the other races in the game. If there is one thing in this game that i would to see added it would be more races.

I really like the look of the Dwarves and warborn, they look really cool. And it would be cool to have some really diverse races in the game. I feel like the races we have now feel very similar apart from the Firran. The Elves, Nuian and Harani feel very alike. I would love to see some really unique looking races, hopefully soon.

If anyways had any information about the new races please let me know.

Cheers!

Jengo
04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Thanks you for the story. I just want the game more each day.

Targaryen
04-08-2014, 04:45 PM
OHH awesome! I love some history! Am a lore geek lol :cool: thanks so much!

Aelos
04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
It's really interesting!! Thanks for this!

Baulgere
04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Great to have lore :) Will give people waiting on getting into the game that like to role-play something to start on and develop in the interim :)

FuryEnder
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Oh this will be so interesting. :D

MacNicol1
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
this makes me more excited for beta. I've been waiting for over a year since i heard about it.

GargaxBR
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM
nice cool, enjoy the lore, thx Scapes

Ryed
04-09-2014, 06:11 AM
OMG now the game is even cooler! I didnt think it was possible for a single MMO to get my attention like AA has I cant wait to get a chance to play

MoSa
04-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Woow awesome, already read everything )))

Meli
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
I enjoyed reading this, but was anyone else a little sad how it ended? It just seemed a bit depressing!

Elrodeus
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Is it just me or are the roman numerals off? I think number 4 (IV) is labeled 6 (VI)

I thought for a moment that maybe Trion purposefully skipped two chapters for tension or something...but I'm realizing that's not the case. lol

Claud
04-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Lore OP. :)

BeeBlaze
04-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the lore Scapes :D

CB093
04-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Only thing to make this better would be to get Morgan Freeman to read these for us lol.

azaraiol
04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Thank you for the lore. I even more intrigued and so excited for the release.

Kalin
04-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Just makes me more interested in playing. O.O

Celta
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm really enjoying the lore :D

Radin
04-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Wow it's awesome!!!!

Baron Zemo
04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
nice, I love the lore

Tasteycakes
04-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Woot awesome! Can't wait even more to get into his awesome game. :D

bwak33
04-12-2014, 02:06 AM
good lore and good graphics what

BoritQ
04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
awesome I love reading lore of games :D

FML
04-12-2014, 02:51 PM
this game sadly lacks story. currently playing on korean servers. cant wait for NA servers though. ping maxing out at 350 really sucks.. its a attack speed oriented game. dontk now if trion is going to follow the route XL is taking. but i really hope not. its considered a failure of a game in korea mainly due to truly horrible management. game itself is quite decent though.

BlackCobalt
04-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I have some questions about Lore.

1- In AA are there any books or scrolls that talk or mention anything about the Gods
2- If you choose a race can you by questing do you a have chance to befriend another npc faction for items
3- If the Gods have brought us into the world of AA do they have a character line quest for us
4- If I choose to be a necromancer are there alters to pray at or give offering
5- If I do not want to be in a player guild but in a Mage's npc guild can we join.
6- You mentioned there in no limited edition box set for AA will there be shortly after. Most times with a mmo like AA there's a box set with toys.

Mikellon
04-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Yo this is awesome!!!! I really enjoyed it the beginning to everything. And i hope we will be able to create a wonderful world as the new settlers

Finch
04-13-2014, 12:29 AM
I am curious to see, after reading these, how far Trion has gone to create an enriched back story and world around Archeage. Is it a story that can stand on its own? Is it introduced frequently in game or has it been cast aside? These are some questions I cant wait to see answered by my own eyes or another.

Shane
04-13-2014, 04:55 AM
Amazing lore! I can't wait to read more!!!

BlackCobalt
04-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Lore is really an important part of any game its one of the top three.

Jred09
04-13-2014, 10:42 PM
i wonder if end game will have you going back to see thw world they left and its all twisted and destroyed and u go and rescue Orchidna but gene/Kyrios is there and wants in to the new world just a thought but if im completely wrong dont laugh at me

Isaku
04-13-2014, 11:31 PM
I have to confess that I hadn't read the lore until today :o & now after reading it, that I'll never trust an oddling ever again! :mad:

Why you ask? Because! Of the original 12 companions who set out, the oddling finds a way to “staunch the thirst” of their first opponents, the strange plants. :confused:

Then the first companion to fall was the graceful dancer, (epitome of promise) which left 11, at which point the oddling went missing temporarily. :rolleyes:
Then child-like Orchidna (epitome of innocence) was imprisoned on the fae's throne, which left 10, coincidentally she was seated there by the oddling. :eek:

Then Gene, their leader in arms, became Kyrios, god of death, (epitome of evil) which left 9.
Then gentle Nui sacrificed herself, (epitome of goodness) leaving 8 to face the future,
including the oddling & the speaker, Lucius Quinto, the ill-fated bard.

There's no specific mention of the oddling, regarding the decisions made by Gene or by Nui, but you have to wonder! I bet the oddling had something to do with them, as well as the ill fate, which eventually overcomes Lucius!! :(

Also prophetically, the screen grab image of the companions reaching the crest of the crater, only shows 10 of them! I suspect that the oddling knew that 2 of them were never going to make it out of there, physically or spiritually. http://prntscr.com/383kxm

I hope that that answers your question & that you too will, beware the oddling!!

Interesting, the way I interpreted it, I thought Orchidna was the oddling, given the way she was described in chaper one as "a curious spirit, hiding in the flesh of a child" that line about "if only she possessed a child's ways, a child's enthusiasm or brightness" makes me think that, given her lack of enthusiasm, "curious", in this context, means "unusual" "abnormal" or "facinating" in other words "odd" Though, I suppose the Firran could be this oddling, as he is the only one of his kind among their number, possibly even the only one they've ever encountered.

Aside from that, I think the male Elf in the trailer may be the bard, Lucious Quinto though he seems to have a mage's fighting style, he, Orchidna, Nui, Gene and the Fiiran seem to be the ones most prominently featured in the trailer and the Elf is more prominent than the Firran. Though, Lucious
did say that the oddling was lighter than him, and I doubt Eleves weigh more than Firran. But Firran are cat people and cats are light on their feet, then again, so are Elves. If only the part with the plants had been shown in either of the trailers.

Also, on an unrelated note. I've been on a Game of Thrones kick lately and due to that, Orcidna, as she is depicted at the end of the English trailer, gives me kind of a Denyris Targarian vibe. Anyone else?

forged
04-14-2014, 12:23 AM
interesting article

Stela
04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Interesting, the way I interpreted it, I thought Orchidna was the oddling, given the way she was described in chaper one as "a curious spirit, hiding in the flesh of a child" that line about "if only she possessed a child's ways, a child's enthusiasm or brightness" makes me think that, given her lack of enthusiasm, "curious", in this context, means "unusual" "abnormal" or "facinating" in other words "odd" Though, I suppose the Firran could be this oddling, as he is the only one of his kind among their number, possibly even the only one they've ever encountered.

Aside from that, I think the male Elf in the trailer may be the bard, Lucious Quinto though he seems to have a mage's fighting style, he, Orchidna, Nui, Gene and the Fiiran seem to be the ones most prominently featured in the trailer and the Elf is more prominent than the Firran. Though, Lucious
did say that the oddling was lighter than him, and I doubt Eleves weigh more than Firran. But Firran are cat people and cats are light on their feet, then again, so are Elves. If only the part with the plants had been shown in either of the trailers.

I also noticed a disappointing lack of Hirani in the trailer. I realize that they Nuian and Hirani were not called such at the time, that they were all just called human, but I don't think enough time has passed to account for the physical differences between the two.

I hope in the future we can get detailed bios on each of the 12, including the race (counting Nuian and Hirani a separate, despite those classifications not having existed at the time) gender and name.

Also, on an unrelated note. I've been on a Game of Thrones kick lately and due to that, Orcidna, as she is depicted at the end of the English trailer, gives me kind of a Denyris Targarian vibe. Anyone else?

:)

Yes, I agree that Orchidna is a bit odd in her ways, :/ but she is seated on the fae's throne by the oddling! :( So she can't be the oddling...

I imagined that Gene, their leader in arms, who becomes Kyrios, god of death, is the dark haired one, who leads the way down the staircase. The Bard describes how, of the 10 remaining Companions, 9 of them try unsuccessfully to overcome Kyrios.

So in that fight scene between the Nuian & the Elf & also, the one between what appears to be the Nuian & the Firran, I guessed that one of them must be Gene aka Kyrios & that had to be the Nuian, which coincidentally, seems to be the dark haired one, who leads the way down the staircase. O.O

I don't think that the Elf could be the Bard, although the way the skill sets are interchangeable in this game, he certainly could be! :)

No matter! Whatever you do, don't forget! Beware the oddling!! :p

Isaku
04-14-2014, 01:39 PM
:)

Yes, I agree that Orchidna is a bit odd in her ways, :/ but she is seated on the fae's throne by the oddling! :( So she can't be the oddling...

I imagined that Gene, their leader in arms, who becomes Kyrios, god of death, is the dark haired one, who leads the way down the staircase. The Bard describes how, of the 10 remaining Companions, 9 of them try unsuccessfully to overcome Kyrios.

So in that fight scene between the Nuian & the Elf & also, the one between what appears to be the Nuian & the Firran, I guessed that one of them must be Gene aka Kyrios & that had to be the Nuian, which coincidentally, seems to be the dark haired one, who leads the way down the staircase. O.O

I don't think that the Elf could be the Bard, although the way the skill sets are interchangeable in this game, he certainly could be! :)

No matter! Whatever you do, don't forget! Beware the oddling!! :p

Well, it said "Acting in unnatural concert, the oddling's limbs dragged her to the throne and sat her on it's cold, impenetrable surface." I took that to mean that Orchida could not control her own body due to the thrones magic.

And I would think that Lucious Quinto, one of the four whose names we actually know, would have been in the trailer, but no-one used a bard's fighting style so unless he wasn't featured at all, which seems odd, he'd either have to be the Elf who fought like a mage or the Firran, who fought like a ranger.

Stela
04-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Well, it said "Acting in unnatural concert, the oddling's limbs dragged her to the throne and sat her on it's cold, impenetrable surface." I took that to mean that Orchida could not control her own body due to the thrones magic.

And I would think that Lucious Quinto, one of the four whose names we actually know, would have been in the trailer, but no-one used a bard's fighting style so unless he wasn't featured at all, which seems odd, he'd either have to be the Elf who fought like a mage or the Firran, who fought like a ranger.

Of course! That makes much more sense. I think that you're right. There goes my whole theory... :/

Ads
04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm not usually one to indulge in Lore but, after reading that, I am so keen to find out more and more of what this game has to offer! Plus, I'm adding lots of lore to my character this time around, be it dark and upsetting. :rolleyes: Thanks!

toreth
04-14-2014, 05:25 PM
awesome store so far, cant wait for some more

mayhem
04-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Enjoy the lore.

AGirlyMan
04-16-2014, 01:06 AM
I want more.

Puppet
04-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Great reads, always fun to have the lore to read.

Now that I read that the trailer I saw makes a little more sense.

teslihan
04-18-2014, 11:02 PM
I've been looking everywhere for ArcheAge lore... Turns out I just needed to look in the forums.

Strength
04-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Oh nice, the story is not that bad.

Dipcihino
04-19-2014, 03:10 AM
keep it up

Ryuna
04-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Gotta love the lore. :D

Huurling
04-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the lore that is food for thought ^^, Hope there is more to come even tho if i read it all and think it over it seems that in the end they all must have died. since that seems to be what it suggests.. especially since the old content is destroyed. looking forward to learn more :D
Keep up the good work looking forward to the game coming out!

WastedBear
04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I can't wait :D

ErenYaeger
04-21-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm gonna get started reading these RIGHT now! Very interesting stuff, and I can't wait to see more in the future!

ZeFx
04-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Really good read, the complimentary video that we got was also nice. Here's to hoping more videos and series come out.

Nempt
04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Games that care about their lore ^^

Archaous
04-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Can this be made into a sticky, i keep having to dig to find it :)

Renzhen
04-23-2014, 08:39 AM
That story is totally awesome! I am riveted by it and I would love to help make it better. I long to be one of the heroes to help bring peace to the ravaged world. I want to Free Orchidna and honor the memory of Nui! I want to avenge those who have fallen to Kyrios and undo the mistakes of the Nine. I am so stoked for this game now! This will definitely be an epic quest. I am really looking forward to this. Need more lore!!!!

prairiecat
04-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Okay, I love reading just as much as the next person but wouldn't it be nice if we could get this lore in an audio file read by a sexy voice. I mean that would make it awesome.

Messier
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
OHH reading time..looks interesting

Candron
04-25-2014, 06:16 PM
I like the lore. It gives purpose for playing before the game even begins. I just found this game today and I am looking forward to finding out more.

The clerical fix is that the link to get to part 4 on each lore part is mislabeled as VI instead if IV.

ViteLock
04-25-2014, 07:46 PM
I love lore! I also love to read but this was amazing! Can't wait to play!! :D

Mermermeow
04-27-2014, 08:37 PM
OH cool I love lore!

Varacolaci
04-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Amazing Lore.

I love when a game has a nice background

Isaku
05-01-2014, 12:22 AM
I can't wait 'till you can reveal the whole lore. I mean, did manage to find a translation of it on a Korean forum, but I still want to see the official translation.

nzmirc
05-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Interesting Lore.

Keegan
05-05-2014, 07:27 AM
That was an awesome read. I am incredibly intrigued and looking forward to learning more.

Diegoboom
05-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Gotta love the lore.

Katsu
05-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Thank you!

anddreiiandd
05-07-2014, 06:03 PM
So beatiful sush a good game i can't wait to get it good job trion awsome!

The Wanderer
05-07-2014, 09:48 PM
There's an error in the fourth story, unless you intend to keep the lore that way. Kyrios is the god of destruction, not death. While related, Nui is the goddess of death and the Hereafter.

Gehco
05-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Something to read if work goes slow ^^

Fortrek
05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Good text and nice to read! Just wish that it would be a looooot longer :(

Katanaka
05-11-2014, 05:56 PM
OMG that was an awesome read for a game lore. FYI i love stories that have a medieval class but with a little twist of magice xD. THX SCAPES : D.<3

Darkleaf
05-28-2014, 08:09 AM
Nice! Lore always makes a game so much sweeter in our thoughts and deeds, even for those who no longer (but used to) RP their characters, in their mind they can still have that residual excitement of the games lore .. and of course those that still fully immerse themselves in a games lore to RP to the fullest can do so much more vigor ..

KayAndroid
05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm really glad that I read these articles :).
It gives the trailer a lot more context and meaning.

Blaqksmith
05-30-2014, 06:53 AM
now I have something to look forward to at work!

DropZoneCannon
06-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Great content, will be looking forward to more, thanks for the post Scapes!

TortillaMobile
06-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Wow, that was a very good read!

The Wanderer
06-08-2014, 10:51 PM
I still wish you'd fix the reference to Kyrios as the "god of death" in part IV. I think that kind of confuses his designation. He's the god of destruction. Nui is technically the goddess of death.

VirtualKing
06-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Something to read if work goes slow ^^
Same here.

Nitori
07-10-2014, 04:28 PM
This is a great into to the lore; I hope to see a more descriptive narrative of the lore in-game. What happened after everyone went through that portal and what did they become? Why did they even embark on their adventure in the first place? What was this "legend" they were referring to? So many unanswered questions!

Bitty
07-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Loved the lore, actually puts emotion to the video now we know what happened so long ago :-)

Thanks Scapes

joreljones
07-14-2014, 02:13 AM
I really wasn't expecting this to be ready already because of localization issues and such. It's nice to see. :)

Schwarz
07-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Very nice, I am expecting more from this.

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Very very nice!

Babybirdie09
08-07-2014, 01:01 AM
I've just recently learned of this game, though watching a few videos from YouTube. I love where this game is going and hoping it stays awesome for years to come.
The Lore is absolutely interesting; was wishing it was a book of some kind on the Lore so I could read MORE ^.^
Thank you for sharing Scapes!

BitterHeaven
08-26-2014, 12:29 PM
So maybe I've misunderstood something with the lore, I thought the 12 went on the adventure after reading the legend written by the ill fated bard. I wasnt thinking he was part of the 12. Sorry to necro a thread just was looking for some clarification.

Bunnyleptic
08-27-2014, 02:59 PM
I wish this was longer.....
I would totally read the book if it was written as well as these little snippets of lore.

This pretty much^^

OHH awesome! I love some history! Am a lore geek lol :cool: thanks so much!

I am exactly the same <3

Back to topic,

It is already mentioned by many:
Kyrios is the god of Destruction, and the goddess Nui is the goddess of Death and Hereafter.

Also I found this Link (http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Lore) , it tells a bit more about the Lore, but leaves many questions to be answered as well.

I really hope that we will get a lot more Lore to read in the near future. Can't wait :P

Edit: @Scapes
Can you sticky this thread pretty please? The core of every game is their Lore, Races and Classes. So this topic is very important and should be easy to find by those who are more interested in this game not only by it's graphics and playstile but also it's Lore!!

I wanted to make a thread about the Lore of this game until I found the link I just wrote above, and this thread ofcourse, so I am happy that this topic is here to discuss. I only wish more people would contribute to it though...

Amnariel
08-27-2014, 03:26 PM
More please I am hungry <3

Zatti
09-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Interesting!

Melih
09-09-2014, 10:48 PM

I think the oddling one and elf in the trailer is the same and there is a trick in the movie and lore. Because according to lore there are some who have the almost same power with god of destruction so 9 of them cannot die while they are trying to kill only kyrios. I think the elf is definetely the oddling one who curses Orchidna because in the trailer he is the one who is nearest the Orchidna and the powerful magician. Also we cannot see how ends the fight so after killing kyrios, the elf may escape through the portal. Whatever or whoever it is beawere of the oddling :)

c0ldblue
09-23-2014, 12:11 PM
I just want to say:

MOAR LORE.

I've heard there's a Korean or Chinese version of an actual lore book, any chance of an English translation?

Paajx
11-04-2014, 08:38 AM
So this confuses me. I hear that Kyrios is Nuian, but in the elven cinematic beginning, the elves hate Kyrios who killed their last king Aranzeb which would symbolize that they would not align with Nuians but they are. And then the Firran are broken because they're leader Tahyang is killed. Which would narrow Kyrios down to being Harani wouldn't it? Seeing as how the Harani and Firran war against one another and end up defeating the Firran. So I just thought Harani were the most hated race by far because of that. Though I am interested in knowing who all the friends became though.