PDA

View Full Version : Latest Marketplace Update on PTS - 1/8/15

Amary
01-08-2015, 06:20 PM
The Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest glides into the Marketplace featuring the Sloth Glider (Glider Companion: Sloth)! This glider has been adjusted to match the stats of other gliders available through the Marketplace or Founder's Packs.

In addition to the Sloth glider, you might notice this chest has a chance to drop a high-tier Feast Table, which is a buff food that provides one of four (based on type) buff effects for a group of up to 10 people.

As a greater portion of the playerbase is reaching higher levels, we'd like to expose more players who might not be familiar with endgame content or high level buff items to the existence of these types of buffs and their usefulness, increasing the market for these items overall.

Additionally, as we move toward the increase to level 55, both XLGames and Trion are working on ways to encourage players not at the leading edge of gear progression toward improving their gear in preparation for more difficult content. Part of this involves some upcoming in-game promotions around the Serpentis and Sea of Drowned Love 10-player instances, for which most players should find these group buff items useful.

This lockbox, and therefore the Feast items coming from it, will not be a permanent addition to the store and this source of Feast items will fall off with the next Marketplace update.

Additionally, Pet Dual-Recovery potions have been added to the Marketplace to act as a pet resurrection item until the correction to the previously-available Pet Healing Potion is complete. Pet Healing Potions now heal 100% of your living pet's health, but still do not resurrect them.

The Holiday items have been removed from the Marketplace, with the exception of the Brown Reindeer The Rudolph Archeum Supply Crate will remain available until our next Archeum Supply Crate refresh coming in the next week or so.

Verg
01-08-2015, 06:42 PM
1. Has the Sloth Glider retained its abilities?

2. WHY THE HELL IS IT IN A GOD DAMN RNG BOX!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

3. In relation to the Feast, you mentioned it will be good for newer players to encounter these, does that mean a non-cash shop way of getting these?

I expect no answers to any of the above.

Jin
01-08-2015, 06:43 PM
RNG at its finest.

sillywabbituk
01-08-2015, 06:45 PM
The Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest glides into the Marketplace featuring the Sloth Glider (Glider Companion: Sloth)! This glider has been adjusted to match the stats of other gliders available through the Marketplace or Founder's Packs. .
Stats or skills? Fly speed of abilities? we need more information.

Leila
01-08-2015, 06:50 PM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/29dcoe1.jpg

36 chests D:

Arialun
01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
So the Sloth Glider has been normalized just like the rest. Worth getting if you want a sloth hanging at the back of your character for the show.

I'll pass this time. Whales will definitely want this one, if they still around.

Kinnu
01-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Seriously? More RNg for items that are fun to use.

Are you guys so money hungry anything fun or fancy has to be in RNG boxes? I am not surprise people find ways to exploit the hello out of Apex and RNG boxes so we dont have to spend $100's of dollars to get something fun.

China gold sellers will make a fortune again.

Hell, at this point id save even more loyalty just so i dont have to throw money at you guys to get a fun item.

ironicsilence
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM

36 chests D:

3rd row from the bottom, item in the far right above the flaming pinion...what is that?

Expendable
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
More crappy gambling boxes and normalized gliders. This is sure to keep us playing. Thanks for not reading my post in general discussion.

Expendable
01-08-2015, 07:02 PM
3rd row from the bottom, item in the far right above the flaming pinion...what is that?
It's the crafted food table that gives a hp boost i think.

ironicsilence
01-08-2015, 07:07 PM
It's the crafted food table that gives a hp boost i think.

good shout, guess i should have just opened the damn folio and looked at the icons

Leila
01-08-2015, 07:09 PM

Abundant Health Beverage Table
+1300 HP for 30 mins

Bunnyleptic
01-08-2015, 07:15 PM
This is so sad. My boyfriend wanted that Sloth Glider so much but now he is disappointed that it's in a RNG-box, I guess we both will pass on this one.

You guys should at least make it tradeable.

Ashame, really sad :(

PS: @Trion,
Is it too late to put it directly in the Marketplace?

Please don't put it in a RNG-box on Live Servers :(

Ej the maverick
01-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Seriously? More RNg for items that are fun to use.

Are you guys so money hungry anything fun or fancy has to be in RNG boxes? I am not surprise people find ways to exploit the hello out of Apex and RNG boxes so we dont have to spend $100's of dollars to get something fun.

China gold sellers will make a fortune again.

Hell, at this point id save even more loyalty just so i dont have to throw money at you guys to get a fun item.

Trion have a backward way of looking at things, 1st it`s as you say greed with RNG will cost them with gold and item sellers on the increase. 2nd is the crazy use of labor. Trion have come up with another way to stop people playing. If the fact that putting labor and APEX in the hands of gold sellers is not enough, even if you do purchase from the market, you still have nothing to do because of cooldown.

PVE is non-existent GHA and coin purse farming is as good as it gets. These are the reasons the servers are dying. Maybe enough content for hardcore Asian gamers, but in the European market we like a little depth too.

DesertRat
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Trion and XL Games say this...... Additionally, as we move toward the increase to level 55, both XLGames and Trion are working on ways to encourage players not at the leading edge of gear progression toward improving their gear in preparation for more difficult content.

Well Scapes and other GMs who read this, if that is the case why are you still not doing anything about the awful drop rate of Archeum? many crafters would love to work on their gear to improve it for the next content release but they are severely hamstrung by the pathetic drop rates from purses of Moonlight and Sunlight Archeum. But then again sorting out the pathetic Archeum drop rates will not make you money, its not something that involves the cash grab shop so you won't do it.

Peter
01-08-2015, 07:38 PM
This move from BOE (carrot dash, haloween costume) to BOP (Christmas outfit, reindeer) is terribly greedy on your part. I don't mind RNG boxes if I have the option of buying the item off another player. Forcing players to gamble for items they want is a terrible way to regain confidence from your playerbase.

Jase
01-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Im not one to moan really, had that piece of ♥♥♥♥e founders glider in the bank since day one with no complaint. And im not even sure of the best way to express my hate towards the long list of everything... from pay not to queue to pay to have labor. As an image in your head however, it is the V sign and a lot of swearing. Thanks for nothing.

evadedfx
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Remove the glider out of the RNG box, most of your current player-base ( if not ALL ) said not to put the glider in a box... I really don't understand at this point why you don't start listening to who is left.

Peter
01-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Remove the glider out of the RNG box, most of your current player-base ( if not ALL ) said not to put the glider in a box... I really don't understand at this point why you don't start listening to who is left.

Put the sloth glider on the loyalty shop as well as the RNG box. Give us another way to earn it without gambling. Make it 300 loyalty like the donkey. We'd have to remain a patron to get it.

evadedfx
01-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Put the sloth glider on the loyalty shop as well as the RNG box. Give us another way to earn it without gambling. Make it 300 loyalty like the donkey. We'd have to remain a patron to get it.

I wouldn't mind this but I still have yet to get the donkey because I use my loyalty for taxes :C

Kogiii
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
No trion, just no.

Peter
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't mind this but I still have yet to get the donkey because I use my loyalty for taxes :C

This is why it's a good compromise. It requires over a month of saving up loyalty, or risking the RNG box.

evadedfx
01-08-2015, 08:12 PM
This is why it's a good compromise. It requires over a month of saving up loyalty, or risking the RNG box.

I completely agree but if they don't end up doing this or if they don't have another way to receive it then I will probably just stick to my current Red Dragon Glider. I don't really see the point on trying to gamble just to get another awesome item but then again I was the same way with the goblin glider.

Edit : This post seems to be getting more attention from everybody but here is some more feedback for your PTS Market nonsense. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?151136-So-Sloth-Glider-is-now-in-a-RNG-lock-Box..-Yaaaaay

Weirdos
01-08-2015, 08:16 PM
The Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest glides into the Marketplace featuring the Sloth Glider (Glider Companion: Sloth)! This glider has been adjusted to match the stats of other gliders available through the Marketplace or Founder's Packs.

First of all u adjust the gliders so its basicly the same with other gliders
Second of all u put it into a RNG BOX =)

JerryBoyle
01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Yes this would be a good idea, encouraging to remain subbed thus giving Trion money. They win in the end.

Damon
01-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Please please please do not put this glider in the box. Is your goal to piss everyone off?

Literally EVERYONE will buy it if you just put it on the cash shop for 1500 credits. Hell you can make it 5000 credits and people will buy it. I know you're trying to get the most cash possible but don't make it RNG it just pisses everyone off. There is enough RNG in every aspect of this game, some of us just want to buy an item on the cash shop and get the item we are looking for.

BlackSheep1121
01-08-2015, 08:37 PM
This sort of thing should be tradeable on the AH like they used to be. So sad to see it heading further away from being acceptable and understandable.

ayame
01-08-2015, 08:38 PM
please dont put the glider into rngbox ...

nekrosh
01-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Trion as you can read from most of the post here this is not what your players want...
Yet you will do it anyways and the game will continue to die.

eidas
01-08-2015, 09:12 PM
This is actually starting to get pathetic now.
As someone stated in another reply, whats the point in making everything UNTRADABLE in boxes now?!
You are FORCING people to pay through the teeth for RNG boxes just to get something they want now.
At least before people had the chance of buying items with gold instead of IRL cash.
The greed is strong...

I expect I'm not the only one who's super pissed about the sloth being in the box, this is a BAD move on your part for letting it happen Trion.

Like everyone has stated, if you don't want a huge uproar on your hands I would seriously re-think this move..

VelvetX
01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
As someone stated in another reply, whats the point in making everything UNTRADABLE in boxes now?!
You are FORCING people to pay through the teeth for RNG boxes just to get something they want now.
At least before people had the chance of buying items with gold instead of IRL cash.
The greed is strong...

I expect I'm not the only one who's super pissed about the sloth being in the box, this is a BAD move on your part for letting it happen Trion.

Like everyone has stated, if you don't want a huge uproar on your hands I would seriously re-think this move..

honestly at this point regardless of what trion does they will be rated one of the top 5 worst gaming companies in the world for what they have done to this game and a majority of their other game's and most likely their reputation will get much worse because they wont learn. They don't listen to their community when it's clearly obvious the game is dying because they wont and im not going to say it's the moderator's or community manager's fault because their told to say this stuff but the idiot's running their company into the ground really aren't to bright they probably have been told buy the community managers aswell and still just write it off out of greed or not actually caring.

ayame
01-08-2015, 09:20 PM
The greed is strong...

this ! +1
a reason to quit for me it wont getting better...

Leetayiss
01-08-2015, 09:27 PM
I've been a silent player for a long time. I've supported Trion, and spent a lot of money on this game, as far back as Alpha access. This is a game that I truly want to love and play for a long time. However, I'm frustrated at this point. There is no reason for the sloth glider to be in the RNG box, and no reason for the RNG boxes to function the way that they do. The sloth glider is something cute and fun that should be more accessible, rather than less. The way I see it there are 3, easy solutions to this problem.

1. Remove the sloth glider from the RNG box and sell it directly in the cash shop. This is what's done in Korea, and I would have no problem buying a reasonable number of credits for one, as would most people.

2. Make the sloth glider Bind on Equip. This was a HUGE issue during the Christmas boxes, by leaving no method to obtain an item BESIDES spending money in the cash shop you alienate a large portion of the playerbase who would be more than happy to buy something from another player with gold.

3. Increase the drop rate of the sloth from the boxes. This would be the least desirable yet still acceptable option. If you are not going to make the glider tradeable, at least make it more obtainable. The average calculated cost of obtaining a glider on the PTS is 45-70K credits. This amount is simply absurd, especially since it's still not a guarantee in this range.

Damon
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Trion, LISTEN to your customers for once. Do not put this in the RNG box - put it straight in the cash shop instead. You may actually regain some respect from the community.

Crazy Mike
01-08-2015, 09:35 PM
WHY IS THE SLOTH GLIDER IN THE RNG BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

kinggottkaiser
01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
hi scapes,

please stop this "normalizations" going on.

people do not want "normal" stuff, we want "special" stuff.
the sloth glider was awesome and special in korean version.
we want a piece of asia right here in europe, we want that crazy stuff they have.
we dont need a "normalized" game, we need the "real" game.

normal = boring

i mean...we chose to play an asia mmorpg...so please dont give us an EU/NA mmorpg.
its actually less work for you if you just let those things like they are in the "real" korean version...no need to "normalize" stuff = less work.

it really is one thing if XLGAMES choose to revamp as example the timber coupé because it didnt work like intended (climb walls), but "normalizing" stuff is plain and simple boring and has nothing to do with game balance.

TL: DR please more korean version and less "normalization".

eidas
01-08-2015, 09:46 PM
This was one of the main items I was excited about spending money on, but I expected a one time fee, not a 'spend hundreds trying to get this cute lil' fluffball'
I love vanity items, outfits, mounts and pets. On most games I play I'll buy them straight away on release, I just can't help myself, they're too damn cute!
But this is so disappointing. :((

Just believe Trion! If you put it in the Marketplace for a one-time fee you'll still make lots of money 'cause it's too cute not to buy!

/begs

lolipop
01-08-2015, 09:51 PM
i played diz game in korea ...nd the eu version is a greedy shame - better get over it nd play cs or whutevr xD lmao trion you are the worthest choice.

only good news is that ppl stop playin and servers getting empty ! well well

btw these trion guys trying right now to get the last $ from this game - cant you see that ?

greed is a deadly sin..who cares

sLiDe
01-08-2015, 10:26 PM
i played diz game in korea ...nd the eu version is a greedy shame - better get over it nd play cs or whutevr xD lmao trion you are the worthest choice.

only good news is that ppl stop playin and servers getting empty ! well well

btw these trion guys trying right now to get the last $ from this game - cant you see that ?

greed is a deadly sin..who cares

Yep :) one day they gonna announce Maintenance and the game wil never go online again

It's a shame that trion doesnt lissen their players and we can not do anything about it.

If producers of Eve online will do smillar ♥♥♥♥y thing then players will fly to one system and just atack something - servers will not hold on. result (the gods have disconected u) And they will do something like this till that ♥♥♥♥y thing is removed from the game...

But here hmm we can only quit and save the money for another better game

Ljungen
01-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Glider should have been put directly to the cash shop, not in the RNG box...

Strea
01-08-2015, 10:58 PM
The glider has kept its skills. Only flight properties have been changed..

DarkSkadi
01-08-2015, 10:59 PM

36 chests D:

what you want to show us?
maybe does you got 8 breeds in it? :D

Garthius
01-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Put the glider in the cash shop @ 3k credits, even 5k credits and ill buy it. Put it in an RNG box and you wont see my real money again...

Even as a pvper I was looking forward to this glider more than delphinad or ayanad gear

talizzar
01-09-2015, 01:11 AM
This is a business decision. Obviously they make tons of cash with the RNG boxes with credit purchases or apex. Not sure how a discussion of being or not being in a RNG box has anything to do with testing the server.........I have not credits on Test so I cant even buy a box to try lol.

MobRunnerX
01-09-2015, 03:07 AM
Well one more voice to the uphill fight, PUT THE SLOTH IN THE MP FOR A DIRECT PURCHASE PLEASE! We aren't even getting the pegasus anymore so this was the last cool thing I wanted from the Korean servers and now its a BOP in an rng box? Thanks.

Freama
01-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Trion do you guys read the forums?
We do not want rng boxes!!! Add the items to the cashshop like korea does as this is what we want.
Do you even care about what the players want or do you just care about the money in your pocket?

LoginIsBroken
01-09-2015, 07:21 AM
We aren't even getting the pegasus anymore so this was the last cool thing I wanted from the Korean servers
Why won't we get the Pegasus?

JerryBoyle
01-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Why won't we get the Pegasus?
I would also like to know where his source is for that statement. Although if we do get this, I expect another untradable rng box in the cash or loyalty store.

alimobot1
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Put the glider in the cash shop @ 3k credits, even 5k credits and ill buy it. Put it in an RNG box and you wont see my real money again...

Even as a pvper I was looking forward to this glider more than delphinad or ayanad gear

Agreed :D I cant wait for this

Merax
01-09-2015, 11:15 AM
They could at least make the other items in the box worth spending the credits on. From all the results I have seen from opening multiple dozens of these, it's a complete waste of credits. I'd rather spend money on labor pots to sell on the AH.

LVG
01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
When are you guys going to add the bear and turtle back? You know the one that's still advertised on the front page of glyph

Caledric
01-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Trino to put this on live and take my money already.

Scapes
01-09-2015, 01:49 PM
WHY IS THE SLOTH GLIDER IN THE RNG BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

We'll be adding the sloth glider to the Loyalty Store as well!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?151455-Sloth-Glider-Being-Added-to-Loyalty-Store

Pysical
01-09-2015, 03:34 PM
When does the new box go live in NA?

DigitalPrintz
01-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Is there any way you guys can give us ways to get items without having to grind them out. Some things can't be tested like we want them to be. All we really need are ways to get credits or gold

shinohoyo
01-12-2015, 10:58 PM

36 chests D:

on live i open $400 usd worth of them and didnt get one glider.
Never buying the rng boxes again.

frostzinho
01-13-2015, 08:29 AM
"As a greater portion of the playerbase is reaching higher levels"
Yeah, because all these players have taken advantage of the apex bug, and were so simple rich, and the trion had to do nothing about it. perhaps because 80% of the players did it, but the respect and with the other 20%?

Lose my respect trion.

DarkManiako
01-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Yeah, because all these players have taken advantage of the apex bug
I think 90% of the players have less than 5k, th 9% made money in legit ways, and the remaining 1% are players who glitch abused or land hackers.

I don't know what "higher levels" mean, maybe a full GHA set and an Hasla T3 weapons, or they are talking about gold?

Jaguar
01-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Definitely burnt out on the Bind on Pickup items from these boxes.

We want the big ticket items to be Bind on Equip or Wrapped.

Bigthud
01-16-2015, 02:37 AM
on live i open $400 usd worth of them and didnt get one glider.
Never buying the rng boxes again.

i went up to $700 worth and no glider... :mad: dam money traps

DarkManiako
01-16-2015, 02:43 AM
i went up to $700 worth and no glider... :mad: dam money traps

give money
complain about giving money
repeat