PDA

View Full Version : ok trion time to make good on the PTS purpose

Tammuz
01-09-2015, 12:19 AM
hopefully by now youve seen the massive negative reaction to the sloth glider RNG box... there are 3 main sticking points to this reaction:

1) due to the glider nerfs / "normalization" sloth glider due to its abilities is now the BIS (best in slot) item for gliders
2) a BIS item is on the cash shop
and
3) it is in an RNG box and BOP

We the community understand Trion is a company and needs to make money but you can still do this without causing as much grief. Too much grief and you WILL drive players away (see the rumbling archeum fiasco).

Here are some FAIR scenarios that could fix the situation and still make Trion a profit allowing them to sell the item:

Option 1) REVERSE glider "normalization" and sell sloth glider in RNG box
Result: sloth glider remains one of the most powerful gliders in the game on par with mirrage isle gliders, will be highly desired by most players, can even go in an RNG box if you desire; BUT no longer is the absolute BIS glider thanks to the un-nerfing of Kraken glider, therefore one does not HAVE to make a massive RNG purchase to try and get the BIS glider, just kill a big in game world boss (MMO players are generally OK with bosses dropping the best loots, they are NOT ok with the absolute best loots being sold for cash and typically refer to such as P2W)

Option 2) move glider from RNG box to a fixed value purchase
Result: there will still be unhappiness about the situation and probably some players leaving due to a BIS item being on the AH, but not nearly the amount as right now with the RNG box...

Option 3) both option 1 and 2: will make players the happiest and still net you a decent income.

Unray
01-09-2015, 12:46 AM
I'm not really that bothered with the "normalizations", but having a Sloth glider in RNG box is just plain awful.

Make it direct buy item instead of chance from RNG box.

Damon
01-09-2015, 01:10 AM
Hahaha, you think it was a coincidence they put this up a day before they release it? They are not in the office right now and will completely ignore these posts tomorrow. It will be released to the chagrin of the entire community, and maybe a week later they will issue an "apology" but leave it in the game anyway (as with the Rumbling Archeum boxes).

Sessia
01-09-2015, 01:13 AM
How is the sloth gilder BiS? Aren't the speeds exactly like the ultimate glider? The boost has the same effect and cool down as the ultimate glider boost.

The drop back and the way it descends is fun but I don't see how it makes it "Best"

Tammuz
01-09-2015, 01:57 AM
drop back and way it descends DO make it BIS...

after the nerfs to other gliders it comes down to glider abilities, this one has 2 key abilities which make it the most desireable

DarkManiako
01-09-2015, 02:02 AM
hopefully by now youve seen the massive negative reaction to the sloth glider RNG box...

Sorry but i just see forum threads about it, XL won't move until incomes decrease, words do nothing, and that's really sad.

Tammuz
01-09-2015, 02:53 AM
negative forum threads translate to less people playing and paying for the game... many of us wanted to give trion one more chance after the rumbling archeum tree fiasco...

wile this glider in no way destroys the economy, its still the principle that trion SAID theyd put in a PTS for the PURPOSE of preventing negatively viewed items from making it to live and it being too late...

if they CHOOSE to ignore the feedback the community is giving them to make short term gains then that is their right, but they will also have to suffer the long term economic consequences of loosing more players, and more loss of trust in the company...

enlaboys
01-09-2015, 05:30 AM
General Disc + here is covered with a lot of people not liking how they handled this box. I hope they REALLY do take into account this feedback.

Now I miss mirrorshine racing kit days.

Lanfear
01-09-2015, 06:21 AM
This glider is not BiS... How a dropback on a glider can be useful ? When you flee, you do not want to go backward on your pursuer... I don't see any use of this dropback tbh... When you want to catch up someone you can't, when you want to flee you can't... Plus it doesn't add you altitude. Oh well, a useless ability bound on the wrong hotkey. As for the other ability, it's the same as other glider so for me this glider is below the founder pack's one.
Also, this glider is ugly :/ ...

If only instead of a dropback it was a "rush forward" yeah it would be worth to pay.

EDIT : ah yeah, the only use of the dropback is when you miss-double-tape space bar and trigger the glider to go back where you are before.

ManMeetDog1
01-09-2015, 06:34 AM
This glider is not BiS... How a dropback on a glider can be useful ? When you flee, you do not want to go backward on your pursuer... I don't see any use of this dropback tbh... When you want to catch up someone you can't, when you want to flee you can't... Plus it doesn't add you altitude. Oh well, a useless ability bound on the wrong hotkey. As for the other ability, it's the same as other glider so for me this glider is below the founder pack's one.
Also, this glider is ugly :/ ...

If only instead of a dropback it was a "rush forward" yeah it would be worth to pay.

EDIT : ah yeah, the only use of the dropback is when you miss-double-tape space bar and trigger the glider to go back where you are before.

You could backdrop, get behind them and then shoot them down.

Lanfear
01-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Neh, doesn't work this way.

First before back drop is dbl-jump then the glider is launching, and you have 1sec of no-control when you're going forward (the wrong way). Then you can backdrop and still have to release the glider. Then you fall and have another sec of no-control. The opponent has the time to make you fall off of your glider hundreds of times, can spot you and use you're downtime to cc you, stunlock you...
You can't flee properly, you can't rush on someone either.

This glider is worthless.

draciele
01-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Neh, doesn't work this way.

First before back drop is dbl-jump then the glider is launching, and you have 1sec of no-control when you're going forward (the wrong way). Then you can backdrop and still have to release the glider. Then you fall and have another sec of no-control. The opponent has the time to make you fall off of your glider hundreds of times, can spot you and use you're downtime to cc you, stunlock you...
You can't flee properly, you can't rush on someone either.

This glider is worthless.

obviously you have never been chased by someone on a glider before. the drop back will put them from being the chaser to the chasee.you then use the air raid skill to hit them and drop their glider. if they dont die from fall damage, they will probably get stunned, which is time you can use to hold back and bombard them as you descend on top of them for the kill.

oh and the sloth lift skill lifts you up almost twice as much as a regular glider, so there is that too.

Phoenixash
01-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Please stop making RNG box items BOP. This is not done in other Trion games. Have a good day.

joecci
01-16-2015, 04:04 AM

Meh it's really only good in PvP and actually sucks as a glider. I've been using the sloth on the PTS and it's frustrating to use. I still slot backdrop because half the time I use it to negate fall damage.

Basically its good for arenas, sieges and group PvP battles where you can use it for a quick escape or to get behind someone.

It's definitely not "Best In Slot" as far as gliders go. It's very niche focused. Its best use is for 1v1 or small group PvP. there are better gliders for large group PVP such as the dragon glider that has a kamakazi divebomb or the thunderbolt glider which can drop a keg that can take out 20-40 ppl.

joecci
01-16-2015, 04:11 AM
obviously you have never been chased by someone on a glider before. the drop back will put them from being the chaser to the chasee.you then use the air raid skill to hit them and drop their glider. if they dont die from fall damage, they will probably get stunned, which is time you can use to hold back and bombard them as you descend on top of them for the kill.

oh and the sloth lift skill lifts you up almost twice as much as a regular glider, so there is that too.

Negative. Sloth lift is the same height as the marketplace glider accept it has a fancy pants animation. I use gliders to do a lot of climbing up mountains and I've been testing both gliders on the PTS and they have the same vertical lift. The sloth is actually a little more annoying because you have to compensate for the diagonal "spin" animation. If you run into a wall half way through the animation it sometimes triggers a fall unlike the normal glider boost.

As for the glider chase, again that's a super niche focused use. I don't know about you but I can count how many glider chases I've been on 1 hand. And the Ezi's glider would be waay more useful for escaping IMO because you can pop invincibility for 7 seconds to get out of range of archers. EZI glider + flaming pinion = flawless escape.

The sloth is basically a 1v1. If you could actually use it in the Arena it would dominate but gliders are disabled sooo it's nullified there.

Also turning totally sucks on the sloth glider, you can't slow down to extend flight time/height either.

I'll take the corrupt or pure wings any day over that thing. and I do on the PTS. Hell I'll take the ultimate glider over it!

joecci
01-16-2015, 04:17 AM
Please stop making RNG box items BOP. This is not done in other Trion games. Have a good day.

I agree. This makes the game totally pay to win. Top end items that effect game play should never be in the cash shop or in RNG boxes. Cosmetic or convenience items only. So far the racing chests were the best boxes out there. Make the rumbling archeum trees 10 to 15 loyalty per tree and bring back those racing chests and you now have a decent chest that's worth buying but players with loyalty saved up can still get the same items. (basically everything that's in those chests should also be in the loyalty shop so it's balanced)

The sloth glider should just be a marketplace item for 2245 credits like the corrupt/pure wings but also buyable with loyalty. Its not worth it's extremely rare RNG seed nor is it REMOTELY worth the 350 loyalty its going for on the loyalty shop. The blue donkey is totally worth 300 because of it's ridiculous speed, but the sloth glider should be maybe 50-100 loyalty max. it's really just not that good.

I'm definitely glad I was able to test it on the PTS and didn't waste any money trying to get it with RNG or loyalty