PDA

View Full Version : when i exit the game, archeage reboots my computer

thepubear
01-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Today i had an abnormal program termination error. I did a complete uninstall, delete all the folders and do a fresh download and reinstall. I fixed the issue by deleting the program data.

Even after this, occassionally when i am playing in game, and i select exit game, my computer will just reboot. I'm wondering if the reason it doesn't happen all the time, is because i sometimes exit from the character select.

Either way, I need to fix this. I am running on high graphic setting.

My computer specs.
cpu 3.73 gigahertz AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
gpu radeon r 260x 2gb ddr5 memory
ram: 4gb

Wanji
01-09-2015, 06:23 AM
A hard crash like that may have to do with the hardware rather than with the software. Monitor your graphics and CPU temperatures. Overheating will cause the computer to turn itself off to ensure it doesn't get damaged. Another problem could be the RAM, if you've, for example, touched one of the connectors and damaged it, when the computer attempts to use that connector, it will hard crash.
Do you have issues with other games or is it only ArcheAge?

Orio
01-09-2015, 06:35 AM
When this kind of issue happens on closing the game, its RAM which is most likely the cause. Its due fact that system flushes from memory a LOT of data (about 4gb in my case) and due incorrect timings/voltages system may crash.

Check the RAM settings, and adjust them, then run some stress tests (such as LinX).

I cannot guess whether its due low or high RAM voltage. This is something you have to find out yourself.

thepubear
01-09-2015, 09:17 AM
this is a newish system. i have experienced no other problems with any other software. In fact except for this problem with archeage, i don't have any issues at all.

also, i realized as i was going to sleep, that at least the last two times, it had happened in a place where there was a lot of people. One time in marianople and the other in a mining area with several people running around competing or nodes. I was told by another person that this could happen, if i maxed out my memory

thepubear
01-09-2015, 09:19 AM
btw, i should also point out that this isn't a case of random crashing. It only happens when i exit the game. I'm also seeing the pattern that it is happening when i exit in a crowded space. When i do other things on my computer i don't have any problems. However of course archeage is the only thing i run that maxes out my memory.

Stoaiya
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
btw, i should also point out that this isn't a case of random crashing. It only happens when i exit the game. I'm also seeing the pattern that it is happening when i exit in a crowded space. When i do other things on my computer i don't have any problems. However of course archeage is the only thing i run that maxes out my memory.

Same problem and it all started like week ego after patch streng it wos befor but not on evry close game like it now and yes i cheked memory and all things no overheat nothing only closing archege reset pc

aumym
03-13-2015, 05:53 AM
The best and easiest "solution" or "fix" to computer reboot for me was to go to character select and then exit the game