PDA

View Full Version : Argen pvp build

Fleimas
01-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Hello,
There aren't so many Argent guides on the forums, and probably there are people interested in this class, but unsure how should they proceed with it or if it's even worth to. I'll try to cover how I play it and hope it will give some useful tips for you. Comments and opinions are welcome. Discussion is encouraged.

Update 2015-06-16

Been doing fair amount of 1vs1 recently. Here is few changes i did:

Swapped out "Quick recovery" (vitalism) for "Terrifying roar" (battlerage). Half a year ago i said this skill is not worth it, but after trying it out again i changed my mind - great skill. Pop it when engaging daggerspells and other combo dependant classes to get out of cc before getting meteor on your head . This has won me alot of fights.

Second thing is animation canceling with "Fervent heal". Basicaly using fervent heal cancels ur global cooldown and you can use other skill without delay. Im still practising on this, but this is how you do it: 1.Use once fervent heal. 2.Use triple slash. 3.User fervent heal second time. 4.Use triple slash. You can repeat this 5 times as you can use fervent heal 5 times. Try it out. And after some practise u will be able to apply this in fight

Update 2015-05-22

Hey,

A lot of changes after 55 and obsidian weapons so wanted to give a little update.

Currently running this build:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/310024

Dual wielding obsidian shortspear and searing oath. A shield is a good choice also, but since I already have searing oath and I like the small advange attack speed provides in knocking enemy first, i'm sticking with it.

Still using gha plate heroic set and gha cloth when I run into mages. Didn't have enough gold to update my set, but I plan to get leather set just because its more universal and cheaper to upgrade one set rather then both plate and cloth. Still for arena 1vs1 it's better to have both . But if your like me and are calculating every silver - leather is the way to go.

I will have some free time this weekend, so I've been thinking about recording some 1vs1 arenas footage.

Outdated 2015-01-09
This build is focused on 1vs1 arena.
Gear:
Weapon:
Great club. I prefer this over one handed club mainly for the bigger heal and damage output. I don't find shield very useful without defence tree. Sure the additional defence and life is good, but not as good as great club bonuses. Also it's a lot easier to get decent great club from hasla.

Armors:
Plate. Archers and melee seems to hurt very badly even with plate. And if you can not survive a combo and heal your self up then there is no point to even have vitalism. As for mages i find them easier to handle, but for 1vs1 arena is a great idea to carry a cloth set and just switch when facing a mage. Most of Argents should already have cloth set because for dungeons you can easily switch to healer.

For gear you should aim to get as much stamina and strenght as possible. Don't bother with spirit - the healing bonus is pretty small and this is not a healer spec.

Skill set are here:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/263306

Skills:
The main skill tree here is battlerage and should be played as a fighter - not a healer. Vitalism is used for quick self heals and auramancy for CC breaks and some other useful skills.

Battlerage:
I guess it's no point to cover all skills, but I'll point out some of the choices made.

Sunder earth - not used.
It's just too hard to hit with it in pvp. And the area effect is useless because enemy can just move away from it.

Teriffying rour - not used.
The description sound nice, but in actual fights the bug/debuf is not that big to make a difference. Just my opinion, please prove me wrong :)

Lasso - not used.
I found this skill pretty fun and useful in 5vs5, but in 1vs1 - not so much. Archers still have bigger range then lasso can reach and catching other classes is not a problem.

Frenzy - used.
Used mainly against mages to reduce their damage (in rear occasions against tanks, that are so tanky that no way you could kill them with normal damage - still very risky option). When fighting a mage, the fight should be over before the 35s ends.

Deflect and retaliate - used.
Works great in combination with battle focus to shorten skill reuse. If lucky this can boost your dmg output by alot.

Reckless charge - used.
Since all our attacks are close range, helps to stick with opponent that is trying to kite you (archers, mages).

Puncture - used.
Even if our critical chance isn't that big, but I see it useful agains tanky opponents where fight last pretty long.

Vitalism:
Take just the basic healing skills for quick heals.

Antithesis
Instant heal with combination of conversion shield from Auramancy. Can make at least instance 2 heals before conversion shield ends.

Mirror light
Self buff to increase healing and also can be used to snare enemy.

Fervent healing
Antithesis is not so good when conversion shield is under cool down and can be often interrupted. That's why I take another quick heal fervent healing.

Ressurgence
I don't find this very useful, mainly because it uses so much mana. But sometimes it's useful to maximize healing.

Auramancy:
Most skills are self explaining.

Leach.
Good skill but auto attacks often breaks it so it needs some practise. Good time to heal your self, wait for cool downs while enemy sleeping. Before sleep ends I try to knock down the opponent.

Combos:

Charge + Triple slash => knockdown
Mirror light + Triple slash => knockdown
Triple Slash + Whirlwind slash => increased damage on shaken targets
When enemy is knocked down try to run to his back to land a critical Precision Strike.

Conversion shield + Antithesis => instant heal
Ressurgence + Antithesis => increased heal

Don't forget Bond Breaker can also be used to reduce 50% of physical damage, not only to break CC.

Summary:
Basically with this build you play as a fighter with good mobility, lots of CC breaks and some quick heals.
Personally I find this build very fun to play. Can do pretty good in arena, but have to admit it's pretty gear and skill dependant build. The worst match ups are tanks. Some very geared and skilled archers are hard to handle, but most other match ups go down pretty easy.

Mirromorka
01-10-2015, 03:06 PM
hi im intrested also in this build how u doing in pvp and whats the hardest classes to deal with and what u do when frenzy is over because u dont have urgenzy

Tark
01-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Ah, I was just thinking about pvp possibilities of this class and whether I should give it a try. Thanks! Bookmarked.

Fleimas
05-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Hey,

A lot of changes after 55 and obsidian weapons so wanted to give a little update.

Currently running this build:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/310024

Dual wielding obsidian shortspear and searing oath. A shield is a good choice also, but since I already have searing oath and I like the small advange attack speed provides in knocking enemy first, i'm sticking with it.

Still using gha plate heroic set and gha cloth when I run into mages. Didn't have enough gold to update my set, but I plan to get leather set just because its more universal and cheaper to upgrade one set rather then both plate and cloth. Still for arena 1vs1 it's better to have both :). But if your like me and are calculating every silver - leather is the way to go.

I will have some free time this weekend, so I've been thinking about recording some 1vs1 arenas footage.

Fleetness
05-22-2015, 12:00 PM
I would swap the Auromancy passives for Thwart and hearten. You would get a better DPS increase that way and the haste helps GCD and animation speeds. I am also not a big frenzy fan, but otherwise I like your build. I would swap Frenzy for either Troar or weapon maneuvers.

Alderez
05-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Argent should always go stone cloth with obsidian shortspear+shield. There's no reason to go plate, and gems and a shield will cover the physical defense you lack.

I play this class exclusively on the PTS and frequently beat those in GM-gifted Ayanad with the base gear. The best thing about Shortspear is the puncture passive, so you can literally get a Precision Strike that hits for 9k against a plate abolisher.

Gamemako
05-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Could also do DW shortspear and scepter in leather for better damage and healing.

Fleimas
06-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Update 2015-06-16:
Been doing fair amount of 1vs1 recently. Here is few changes i did:

Swapped out "Quick recovery" (vitalism) for "Terrifying roar" (battlerage). Half a year ago i said this skill is not worth it, but after trying it out again i changed my mind - great skill. Pop it when engaging daggerspells and other combo dependant classes to get out of cc before getting meteor on your head :). This has won me alot of fights.

Second thing is animation canceling with "Fervent heal". Basicaly using fervent heal cancels ur global cooldown and you can use other skill without delay. Im still practising on this, but this is how you do it: 1.Use once fervent heal. 2.Use triple slash. 3.User fervent heal second time. 4.Use triple slash. You can repeat this 5 times as you can use fervent heal 5 times. Try it out. And after some practise u will be able to apply this in fight :)