PDA

View Full Version : Sloth Glider Being Added to Loyalty Store

Scapes
01-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Brave PTS testers, we've heard you!

Yesterday evening (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?151112-Latest-Marketplace-Update-on-PTS-1-8-15), we updated the Public Test Server's Marketplace to reflect the latest additions coming to the live game. One addition, the Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest, introduced the new Glider Companion: Sloth (better known as the sloth glider). You and players like you saw this on PTS and constructively shared concerns about making these gliders more available. Simply: if you're not happy, we're not happy. We talked with XLGAMES about the impact on the community's long-term happiness and they agreed that it is paramount.

Based on your feedback and our commitment to making items accessible through a variety of methods, the sloth glider will now also be available from the Loyalty Store for 350 tokens. We'll be updating the PTS Marketplace to reflect this change in a few minutes. The live Marketplace update will slightly delayed while we test this Loyalty Store addition on PTS.

Looking to try out the sloth glider on PTS right now? Enter the phrase "send me a sloth fluffy" into chat to receive one!

Damon
01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Thank you! This the first positive change to the cash shop based on community feedback.

Lohre
01-09-2015, 01:59 PM
This is great news. I just hope it stays there for more than 70 days so I can get the loyalty tokens to purchase one.

Scapes
01-09-2015, 02:01 PM
This is great news. I just hope it stays there for more than 70 days so I can get the loyalty tokens to purchase one.

Yes, it will stay there for more than 70 days.

Lohre
01-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Woohooooo! Thanks for the news!

Kaios
01-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Simply: if you're not happy, we're not happy. We talked with XLGAMES about the impact on the community's long-term happiness and they agreed that it is paramount.

Gee I'm so glad to hear our happiness is a top priority, very reassuring.

Kasthil
01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks Scapes, this made my day !

TheRazza
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Well done on listening to people, we've given you a lot of flack but credit where it's due.

Verg
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I know us players are never happy, and I truely am happy there is another way to get it...

.... but 350?!!!?!?!!?!?!? Can I please, for the love of god just buy it for credits?

panth
01-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Any idea of when the marketplace will update? I need to prepare my wallet for all these credits I'm going to buy

scottie612
01-09-2015, 02:14 PM
i will finally get the item i kept playing this game for!

ayame
01-09-2015, 02:21 PM

Yesterday evening (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?151112-Latest-Marketplace-Update-on-PTS-1-8-15), we updated the Public Test Server's Marketplace to reflect the latest additions coming to the live game. One addition, the Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest, introduced the new Glider Companion: Sloth (better known as the sloth glider). You and players like you saw this on PTS and constructively shared concerns about making these gliders more available. Simply: if you're not happy, we're not happy. We talked with XLGAMES about the impact on the community's long-term happiness and they agreed that it is paramount.

Based on your feedback and our commitment to making items accessible through a variety of methods, the sloth glider will now also be available from the Loyalty Store for 350 tokens. We'll be updating the PTS Marketplace to reflect this change in a few minutes. The live Marketplace update will slightly delayed while we test this Loyalty Store addition on PTS.

Looking to try out the sloth glider on PTS right now? Enter the phrase "send me a sloth fluffy" into chat to receive one!

THANKS sir!!!
JUST THANKS :)

Morsakin
01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Scapes, would it be possible to get an ETA as to when the loyalty store / marketplace changes will hit live?

EricCartman
01-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Woooooot. WOW

TRION finally listened to US!! FINALLY LISTENED TO US

Maybe there is still hope for this great game??????

Necidemos
01-09-2015, 02:25 PM
What about the outage that happened to Salphira. Care to comment on that one? :D lol

Anj
01-09-2015, 02:28 PM
No please, keep the goblin glider rare! :(

Peter
01-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Now I no longer feel guilty continuing to spend money on this game, thank you for listening and showing that you care about our concerns.

Einar
01-09-2015, 02:32 PM
I know us players are never happy, and I truely am happy there is another way to get it...

.... but 350?!!!?!?!!?!?!? Can I please, for the love of god just buy it for credits?

yeah I know right? 70 days for 350 tokens. Lets just round it up 3 months for the math: $15 x 3 = $45

$50 can get u 9350 credits. Imo, just put that ♥♥♥♥ up for 7500 or 8000 credits and get it over with.

Rouko
01-09-2015, 02:34 PM

The quesiton now will be, it's gonna stay on the loyalty shop forever or planning to remove it at some point?

javo
01-09-2015, 02:35 PM
nice! I just have 350 loyalty tokens :D

Ilyanna
01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Yay! now you can buy and spend your credits on tax certs instead since you wont be able to spend any loyalty on tax certs!
wooohooo

ykeara
01-09-2015, 02:39 PM
honestly Great change that its loyalty though 350 is kinda ridiculous..... i mean that is 70 days of loyalty : /

reffor
01-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I've seen that on the Korea servers the sloth glider is available in the market place, purchased by Credits. Just wondering when that will come to EU/NA.

Merax
01-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Congrats on finally starting to listen to the players. Shame it's such a large amount in the loyalty store though.

Deliqo
01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Just put it for like 5k cash shop or something, but yeah this is already a good change, will it be giftable tho?

blz
01-09-2015, 02:53 PM
why not just put it up for credits as well? if people want this now they are more or less forced to sub and log in every day. this is fine, but what about the f2p players? maybe they just want to buy apex for some gold and get it? 350 tokens is alot...

Quak
01-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks. Good to see feedback from the PTS having an effect.

Enslavex
01-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Really?! That much??
2 months?
It's not even the time wait to get it, it's that i can't buy anything else with loyalty for 2 months straight?! And that's according that i login everyday, that i actually do but not because it's AA, it's the kind of gamer i am. U'r crazy, you'r dumb, what is wrong with you?

Thanks for the sand in my eyes, my balls are getting bigger and bigger and getting ready for one ninja-uninstall.

PS: Please do not ban me again from forums
Second PS: The game is not ready for EU+US, with this it's not the right time for all this cash grabs, rethink the way you are doing this. You need to optimize it, plus all the hacks involved in the beginning?! It was item dupe, credits dupe, select item you want from rng box, teleports with tradepacks, teleport cart with trade packs, the flower exploit, using speedhack for free 15eco-fuel in 1min(not fixed), ESP Wallhack Radar(not fixed), Glider speed changes(not fixed), AH botters(not fixed), Farm botters(not fixed), fight mob botters(not fixed), mining botters(not fixed), view people in stealth from distance(not fixed), view dropped tradepacks from distance(not fixed), no fall damage(not fixed), Mod no water(not fixed), MOD no fog in water(not fixed), Mod to see people farther distance(not fixed), Mod to queue arena from anywhere(not fixed), Mod to see people's location(not fixed) and much more.
Really rethink what you are doing at the moment.

junweizhu
01-09-2015, 03:13 PM
It's the same thing with mirage donkey isn't it? Why act so surprised? With high loyalty tokens, those who really want them are the only ones who will get them, making it at least unique.

UserName6
01-09-2015, 03:16 PM
PS: Please do not ban me again from forums

With your amazing amount of constructive eloquent posts the entire community may be sad to see you go.

Candazor
01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Thank you so much!

Enslavex
01-09-2015, 03:29 PM
With your amazing amount of constructive eloquent posts the entire community may be sad to see you go.

http://rpgparadise.com/games/archeage/10-hacks-currently-plaguing-archeage
Is this the community you'r talking about?! Probably only people that use this are arround, wonder why i'm arround too? Well, i'm strong u know?!

Pysical
01-09-2015, 03:32 PM
When does the new updates go live on the real NA server?

Expendable
01-09-2015, 03:33 PM
How kind of them to continue ignoring all the other issues.

Nishika
01-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Thats so awsome. Thanks alot Trion !!! Great job on listening to your players ^^ will make many people happy

Glove
01-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks for listening to the community.

Pikapee
01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure this is the right move, Trion. adding the glider and rumbling trees to the loyalty store at the same time, 35 loyalty for a tree cant help the archuem economy for sure , and now a hot item being add to the same store, this game's economy is gonna be worse.

Peter
01-09-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure this is the right move, Trion. adding the glider and rumbling trees to the loyalty store at the same time, 35 loyalty for a tree cant help the archuem economy for sure , and now a hot item being add to the same store, this game's economy is gonna be worse.

These archeum trees should not be the solution to the archeum problem anyway.

Nee
01-09-2015, 04:01 PM
In AA KR this sloth glider cost 27$ why not put it the same price?

Anonian
01-09-2015, 04:06 PM
This is an unacceptable compromise. 350 loyalty tokens makes it so that f2p players can simply wait 70 days and spend only 4-6 apex for the sloth glider. If you wanted to satisfy us PAYING customers then you would have made it available in the marketplace for 7000 credits and only for a period of 2 weeks. At least that way will prevent most f2pers from acquiring the sloth glider. Now since it's available for a period of over 70 days, everyone and their mothers will have one.

Honestly the sloth glider should be put up on the website and purchasable only through money like apex.

Chari
01-09-2015, 04:37 PM
In AA KR this sloth glider cost 27$ why not put it the same price?

because XL doesnt want other regions versions of the game to be different.

Happyhour
01-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Thank you so much for listening trino, great news that the sloth is obtainable from the loyalty store! Thank goodness I haven't spent a single token since head start :)

To those that are still complaining, I guess you get everything handed to you on a silver spoon. I'm no white knight but suck it up, not everyone is a credit card warrior. Seems like people can never be satisfied...have a beer, enjoy life :p

Skys
01-09-2015, 04:39 PM
This is awesome! Props to Trion for listening to the community!
Ignore all the bad negative feedbacks~ you cant make everyone happy but you gave the majority hope.

Anonian
01-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Make it available for credits or direct purchase like apex NOT loyalty tokens.

Raiin
01-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Duuuuude, I used all my credits to get the sloth and now you giving it out free D:. Refund pl0x? :(. How will senpai notice me now?

Scarr
01-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Just spent 300 on my Donkey last night. Nice. Can I get a refund on the Mirage Donkey? =p

kinggottkaiser
01-09-2015, 05:07 PM
thanks scapes and trion for hearing players. we appreciate it!

i feel like 350 is "okay" for a BiS item. BUT i would have liked it better if it just was like 5000-8000 credits.
since you put in rumbling saplings for loyalty too, spending 350 tokens on a glider will be a hard choice for many people.

edit: what if i want the glider for loyalty tokens and STILL want to buy RNG boxes? i mean if the glider is "bound on pickup" the chance that i end up with 2 gliders is given, one of them will be useless since we cant trade it.
scapes please...make them tradeable - so we can buy it for loyalty and still buy rng boxes.
or put another reward in the rng boxes, not the same item.

Societal
01-09-2015, 05:08 PM
This is an unacceptable compromise. 350 loyalty tokens makes it so that f2p players can simply wait 70 days and spend only 4-6 apex for the sloth glider. If you wanted to satisfy us PAYING customers then you would have made it available in the marketplace for 7000 credits and only for a period of 2 weeks. At least that way will prevent most f2pers from acquiring the sloth glider. Now since it's available for a period of over 70 days, everyone and their mothers will have one.

Honestly the sloth glider should be put up on the website and purchasable only through money like apex.
They aren't F2P if they are buying APEX from other players. Every one of those APEX gives Trion money. It is inherently less efficient to buy APEX from other players than it is to subscribe yourself. I see no problem here.

Scarran
01-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks Scapes and Trion for this change. Time to save up my loyalty tokens so I can get myself a furry sloth glider.

Badkitten
01-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Would one of the community managers or a GM be willing to explain the recent BOP rather than BOE that has been taking place? The way I see it is trion is losing money on people not being able to sell the rare costumes and stuff on the AH because the F2P crowd will not spend money on this game BUT is willing to spend gold they earn on those items. Thus encouraging the people with money to buy more boxes to get multiple of the same rare items to sell on the AH. I'm curious as to the reasoning and is this going to continue with all future rare items and boxes from the cash shop?

Phoenixash
01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Thank you for listening to the players.

evadedfx
01-09-2015, 05:45 PM
This is really nice to hear, glad you guys have actually taken the feedback and done something about it.

PillsBuryDoughboy
01-09-2015, 06:00 PM

After spending 34 boxes im sure im not happy! I dont know with some but thats already 70$! RNG boxes is so ******ed

Arialun
01-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Here we go, some elitist and self-entitled jerks questioning the 350 loyalty token for the glider.

I feel sorry for Trion because they listened to their players for this ONE TIME and they still get complained at.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anonian
01-09-2015, 06:25 PM
they aren't f2p if they are buying apex from other players. Every one of those apex gives trion money. It is inherently less efficient to buy apex from other players than it is to subscribe yourself. I see no problem here.

they are f2p. Buying apex from other players so they don't have to pay for themselves. That's f2p freeloader to the max

JerryBoyle
01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Good news, glad to hear it!

Catnap
01-09-2015, 08:01 PM

can u please make it "Gift"able in loyality shop?? would like to gift mine to a friend :(

Beast Salphira
01-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Although I don't want a glider, I was upset to see that it was RNG cash shop box, but now that you've fixed it, I'm pretty happy for those who wanted one. Good job.

Zappalot
01-10-2015, 01:54 AM
GJ on this on, thanks.

http://www.beissdich.net/archeage/sloth.jpg

Vitalized
01-10-2015, 03:10 AM
is this glider Giftable Scapes? That would be awesome.

joecci
01-16-2015, 04:31 AM
@Scapes -

I definitely support the move to put the sloth in the loyalty shop as well as the RNG boxes. However the 350 token price tag is a little ridiculous. After testing out the sloth glider on the PTS pretty extensively it just doesn't warrent that kind of price tag.

As a glider it kinda sucks... no offense. I mean it's good for certain PvP instances such as group battles or 1v1 outside of the arena but other than that it's really not all that great. Turning with it sucks, you can't slow down, only descend very slowly, the diagonal height boost sometimes screws up mountain climbing (because it hits the wall and sometimes knocks you out of glider mode) and it seems to descend more rapidly than the marketplace gliders (that could be just a perceived glide time thing).

Either way as a glider the sloth just isn't as good as the other top tier gliders. I'm so glad I had a chance to try it out on the PTS so I didn't waste any loyalty or money on RNG boxes. I mean I would literally take an ultimate glider over the sloth glider.

It's cute and furry though and like I said has it's PvP uses. But based upon it's usefulness I would say it's value is more like 50-100 loyalty points vs 350. It is in no way shape or form worth more than that amazing blue loyalty donkey.

I would almost just take the sloth out of the RNG boxes and put it in the cash shop for 2245 credits like the other 2 gliders and leave it in the loyalty shop for 75 Loyalty pts.

Also those Rumbling archeum trees need a lower loyalty price tag as well. like 10-15 loyalty points. Archeum prices have skyrocketed because the racing chests were taken away and because the rumbling archeum trees have also been nerfed it doesn't make a lot of sense to blow 35 loyalty points on them.

Stonelotus
01-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Also those Rumbling archeum trees need a lower loyalty price tag as well. like 10-15 loyalty points. Archeum prices have skyrocketed because the racing chests were taken away and because the rumbling archeum trees have also been nerfed it doesn't make a lot of sense to blow 35 loyalty points on them.

I have to second this. Adding the sloth as a loyalty item that takes over two months to save loyalty for and having rumbling trees as a loyalty only purchase is kind of like a double gut punch.

itzfury
01-18-2015, 10:06 AM

I dont understand why i cant gift this too my fiancee with loyalty. If i can send her boxes to try to get the glider why cant i gift this?

Voluntaris
01-18-2015, 12:42 PM
I dont understand why i cant gift this too my fiancee with loyalty. If i can send her boxes to try to get the glider why cant i gift this?

....because of reasons.

maiyah
01-18-2015, 12:45 PM
I have to second this. Adding the sloth as a loyalty item that takes over two months to save loyalty for and having rumbling trees as a loyalty only purchase is kind of like a double gut punch.

I third this. Either lower the cost or increase the rewards, right now its pretty undesirable.

Bunnyleptic
01-21-2015, 02:38 PM
And add Mirage Bjorn directly in cash shop ;_;

Fabri
04-21-2015, 05:36 PM
hey! how long is sloth glider aviable at store? need 40 tokens more to buy it..

MalFunction
04-21-2015, 07:09 PM
hey! how long is sloth glider aviable at store? need 40 tokens more to buy it..

They said they will make an announcement before they remove anything from the loyalty store. You'll still have time