PDA

View Full Version : Character Deletion Problem

Stonelotus
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I can't get a character to delete from PTS. I get a message saying "faction leaders cannot be deleted". I've searched the forums and found very little info about people having the same issue.

Submitted a ticket back on 12/20/2014 [Incident: 141220-002611]

Can you please delete the character referenced in the ticket for me? It really sucks having a character slot being used up by dead weight.

Shalille
01-10-2015, 11:19 AM
It might be intended to prevent ppl making infinite gold with new characters.

EntropicTaipan
01-11-2015, 01:24 AM
It might be intended to prevent ppl making infinite gold with new characters.

I don't see that being an issue. To get the gold, you have to level up a character with the level up command, which gives you a level 50 character that takes a full week to delete. So while you could get 500 gold per week per character slot available, that's all, and you have to keep at least one cahracter active so you can send them the gold. That means a max of 1500 gold per week per account if you have the extra character slots opened up. And what would you spend all that gold on? Besides, even if the PTS gold economy goes totally haywire it won't affect the live server economies, so it isn't a major issue anyway.

However, I've personally had no trouble deleting a character (although I've only deleted one). This bug will be hard to figure out if they can't duplicate it.

Sessia
01-11-2015, 06:28 AM
Did you use a purifying archeum pack in auroria? Just wondering because that's the only player faction related stuff we have.

Stonelotus
01-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Did you use a purifying archeum pack in auroria? Just wondering because that's the only player faction related stuff we have.

nah, it's the only Nuian character I made. everything else has been Firran. so I guess technically, that character leads that faction for me. :p