PDA

View Full Version : Darkrunner armor's choice!

Kingblard
01-13-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi, what armor should i aim to get for darkrunner?

Desert (Str and stamina) or Lightning(Str,agi, and stamina)?

Victa
01-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Atr,Agi,Stam.

Kingblard
01-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Why is lightning better?

DarkManiako
01-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Lightning is STR AGI
Typhoon is STR AGI STA
Flame is STR
Earth is STA
Squall is AGI STA
Gale is AGI
Desert is STR STA

Typhoon is expensive because it can be used to craft the next tier.
A lot of players go for the flame because of the damage+ and the crit damage+ since you are supposed to stun-trip-kill your enemy in 3-4 hits, that's why, and that's expensive too.
I'm looking for the desert one because of damage+ and hp+ because AGI is not worth stacking, crit and evasion bonuses are too low, you'd better use freerun when you can, and that's enought.
Lightning doesn't have a damage bonus but the movement speed is pretty good for a ranged class, not really for a darkrunner.

Kingblard
01-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Lightning is STR AGI
Typhoon is STR AGI STA
Flame is STR
Earth is STA
Squall is AGI STA
Gale is AGI
Desert is STR STA

Typhoon is expensive because it can be used to craft the next tier.
A lot of players go for the flame because of the damage+ and the crit damage+ since you are supposed to stun-trip-kill your enemy in 3-4 hits, that's why, and that's expensive too.
I'm looking for the desert one because of damage+ and hp+ because AGI is not worth stacking, crit and evasion bonuses are too low, you'd better use freerun when you can, and that's enought.
Lightning doesn't have a damage bonus but the movement speed is pretty good for a ranged class, not really for a darkrunner.

thank you for your reply dark :)
anymore preferrences? :)

Tides
01-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Don't waste to much $$ on your armor until you get a high end weapon. Your weapon should be your first priority.

DarkManiako
01-13-2015, 08:16 AM
thank you for your reply dark :)
anymore preferrences? :)

Get an high damage nodachi, you can't take a shortcut and use the T3 hasla greataxe for 2 reasons:
1- the min and max damage are so far that you can crit 8000 like 4000, and you don't want to win because of luck, with a nodachi you will always do almost the same damage.
2- the weapon additional effect is bleeding, and people will istantly wake up from your leech sleep.

you could use 2 swords or sword+shield for longer battles but it's all about the situation.

Tides
01-13-2015, 08:21 AM
you could use 2 swords or sword+shield for longer battles but it's all about the situation.

I would never sword and board as a DR. If you want to sword and board then respec to blighter or abolisher.
Either dual-wield or 2h nodachi. When I dual-wield I personally like using shortspear+sword combo. You get the penetration from the spear and the parry from the sword.

DarkManiako
01-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Yeah 1+shield is nonsense, i use it while farming but it really doesn't belong to pvp scenario

Saltnes
01-15-2015, 01:33 AM
My Goal is 3 Earth And 4 Flame.
4 Flame for crit damage and Earth for stamina.
Earth = Jerkin, Breeches and Belt or whatever i find for a good price.

Weapons :
Mainhand : Shortspear or Sword, Shortspear for armour penetration or Sword for parry.
Offhand : Cold Anguish or Searing Oath if you can get your hands on it

Kutluch
01-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Either flame or lightning.

Flame is the better of the two sets, but more expensive than lightning. Lightning is kind of the budget set, but it's still quite good.

The reasons I don't care for desert is that 3k extra health or whatever it is really is not going to do too much for you in most matchups. You're still in leather, and squishy (unless you went plate, then it's a different story). That's less than half of a precision strike crit, or less than an average triple slash. Yes, it's true, sometimes it comes down to the last hit, but in general as a darkrunner you don't get a lot of extra chances, and with how squishy you are in leather, it won't be enough of a difference.

I don't like earth because you lose so much melee accuracy. I -hate- not being at 100%. When I miss a majour ability it ticks me off. You also lose a good chunk of damage as compared to lightning or flame.

In reality, any set can work, and earth and desert aren't bad at all. I just don't feel like they suit the class to its fullest extent.

Disclaimer: A lot of opinion here. YMMV.

Jugger
01-15-2015, 03:56 AM
Either flame or lightning.

Flame is the better of the two sets, but more expensive than lightning. Lightning is kind of the budget set, but it's still quite good.

The reasons I don't care for desert is that 3k extra health or whatever it is really is not going to do too much for you in most matchups. You're still in leather, and squishy (unless you went plate, then it's a different story). That's less than half of a precision strike crit, or less than an average triple slash. Yes, it's true, sometimes it comes down to the last hit, but in general as a darkrunner you don't get a lot of extra chances, and with how squishy you are in leather, it won't be enough of a difference.

I don't like earth because you lose so much melee accuracy. I -hate- not being at 100%. When I miss a majour ability it ticks me off. You also lose a good chunk of damage as compared to lightning or flame.

In reality, any set can work, and earth and desert aren't bad at all. I just don't feel like they suit the class to its fullest extent.

Disclaimer: A lot of opinion here. YMMV.

Wrong, wrong, and once more... Wrong. First off the str gained from flame adds minimally to attack power 0.2 per (maybe 30 attack over desert total). That is next to nothing when you sit at 700-750 attack power as I do with dual wield. Also the crit dmg boos is not a flat %... It is a % of your base which ends up at about 2/3 of that value. The 4k health gained from desert is roughly 25% more hp and prevents beong 1shotted and allows survival through ccs and time to potion. I arena, pvp, and siege as dw melee all day and would suggest desert or even earth with a good weapon. This is taking into account that you have endgame gear as flame loses value the more gear you get, especially weapon. I use Divine Delphinad Sword and survivability = more time to damage.

recka
01-15-2015, 04:06 AM
I use lightning and stack run speed love it. Crit dmg is all nice but often i ♥♥♥♥ anything in 1 skill rotation so i don't need more dmg imo. On the other hand i admit i wanted a cheap set and after a while i just decided to try max out run speed which is quite nice

Phazedd
01-15-2015, 04:10 AM
the best advice you can get is use whatever the ♥♥♥♥ you want.

I Use 3 set heroic gha (for the 24% crit or whatever it is)

then the 4 set epherium desert heroic, not for the set bonus cuz 3 hp restore is ♥♥♥♥, but I think stamina and str is pretty good for dark runner and I do well with it, but as someone said before focus on your weapon first, you can still do insane damage with free gear such as gha as long as you have a good weapon.

I dual weild a unique hasla sword and a unique epherium katana & also have an epherium flame nodachi if I leech someone then go for the 2 shot.

I have friends who are darkrunners and none of us use the same gear, its all preference and to suit how you play :)

Kutluch
01-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Wrong, wrong, and once more... Wrong. First off the str gained from flame adds minimally to attack power 0.2 per (maybe 30 attack over desert total). That is next to nothing when you sit at 700-750 attack power as I do with dual wield. Also the crit dmg boos is not a flat %... It is a % of your base which ends up at about 2/3 of that value. The 4k health gained from desert is roughly 25% more hp and prevents beong 1shotted and allows survival through ccs and time to potion. I arena, pvp, and siege as dw melee all day and would suggest desert or even earth with a good weapon. This is taking into account that you have endgame gear as flame loses value the more gear you get, especially weapon. I use Divine Delphinad Sword and survivability = more time to damage.

First of all, I assumed that if the original poster has to ask, he can't afford delphinad, nor a delphinad weapon. My post was for the average player, running a hasla or epherium weapon with at best epherium gear. At that point, desert gear can still be one-rotationed (probably up until around celestial grade, maybe unique). I agree that it changes as gear increases, in favour of desert.

Second, I never said flame added a majour amount of damage over desert. I said it added a good chunk of damage over earth. The difference in damage between flame and desert is really only decided by the crit damage, and I do understand it is multiplicative. That does, however, directly relate to burst, and 50% * 1.244 = 62.2% crit damage, which does add a decent amount to a crit. If it's worth it or not, again, depends on your gear level/grade. Additionally, consumables change this, too. With consumables up, desert wins.

Saber
01-16-2015, 03:11 AM
Currently IM running a Divine Arcadian Pillager with 550,7 dps.

2 Pieces of Celestial delphinad Earth (Cuirass and Greaves)
Auroria Plate gloves (+8% more Presc strike damage)
Only have 2 pieces of delphinad FLame atm, Sabatons and Helmet :) Crafting my ♥♥♥ off to get the 2 last once :)

1.7 Will make plate more viable again, since they will be adding M.def

I prefer Plate since most people are playing Ranged or melee classes, and Frenzy as skill can give you a chance vs casters.

tho I have been looking at Leather gear, but the prices are just to high atm :)

For OP : Halsa t3 + GHA gear or auroria gear will get you a long way.