PDA

View Full Version : bought a thatched house, can i get my gilda back?

thepubear
01-13-2015, 10:17 AM
i like them, but i can't seem to find any room for a 24x24 building. Is there anyway i can return it and get my 50 gilda back? Thatched are nice, but they're really too big for most areas, and don't count as medium for the medium to large size, and the thatched areas are usually full of plots laid out and not pushed together to allow for max number of buildings. That and the areas are usually a really stupid dimensions and guaranteed to have unfillled space.

I've lost track of how many unuused farms i've seen. Still it might be nice to go with something i can actually find room for. But i can't when i have this thatched farmhouse sitting in my inventory.

Aeducan76
01-13-2015, 10:21 AM
AFAIK you donīt get gilda back by selling it to a vendor on mirage.

You might wanna look out for Thatched that seem unused and look if they gonna get demolished and try to win the land - alternative is to buy it off another player, but since there is no safe way to buy land, i recommend against it.
Donīt know what TF go on your server for, but maybe you get a "cheap" build one.

You can sell it at the AH, but frankly the gilda are gone.

JerryBoyle
01-13-2015, 10:42 AM
You can get gold from them, which you could use to buy new plans someday.

RichWhale
01-13-2015, 10:52 AM
i like them, but i can't seem to find any room for a 24x24 building. Is there anyway i can return it and get my 50 gilda back? Thatched are nice, but they're really too big for most areas, and don't count as medium for the medium to large size, and the thatched areas are usually full of plots laid out and not pushed together to allow for max number of buildings. That and the areas are usually a really stupid dimensions and guaranteed to have unfillled space.

I've lost track of how many unuused farms i've seen. Still it might be nice to go with something i can actually find room for. But i can't when i have this thatched farmhouse sitting in my inventory.

Open a ticket, they most likely will refund your gilda. They did so for me a while back when there was no room to be had in any of the breezy bungalow areas. Or you could just sell it for gold. But if the gilda is more valuable to you then open a ticket or just hop in live chat :)

Evilsix
01-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Or you could hold on to it until you find a spot.

Darkmask
01-13-2015, 11:05 AM
OP you should have buy from AH, or you didnt know about that? Every house design doesn't gaurantee a spot.

thepubear
01-13-2015, 12:16 PM
i never said it had a price for reselling it. I've just never played a game where a sale like that is final. Since i'm just starting out, i haven't had the money to buy a lot off the AH. I'm guessing its over 100-200 gold, and I only have about 150. I figure when i hit 40, i might be able to make more, but i'm doing good atm, just to make sure i have decent gear. Gilda are worth more to me. However i'll see if i can sell it on the AH at least. Tbh, sometimes i don't feel like this game would do something for me like refunding my gilda. If i had thought about it, i'd have gotten a boat and a smaller house, but i saw the thatched house only, and took a chance. They always have huge sections that are just a bit wrong shaped or too small to fit a new house.

This is the 3rd server i've leveled a character on. I figured out with my first character that there was no guarantee of a spot. Unfortunately that knowledge doesn't tell me if i can get my gilda back or not. I searched everywhere i could, and was unable to find anything that told me one way or another. If i can't get them back, then whatever. I'll deal. It's not like that's all the gilda i'll ever have. I can always delete the character and just switch to another server. I've already done that 3 times anyways.

RichWhale
01-13-2015, 12:23 PM
i never said it had a price for reselling it. I've just never played a game where a sale like that is final. Since i'm just starting out, i haven't had the money to buy a lot off the AH. I'm guessing its over 100-200 gold, and I only have about 150. I figure when i hit 40, i might be able to make more, but i'm doing good atm, just to make sure i have decent gear. Gilda are worth more to me. However i'll see if i can sell it on the AH at least. Tbh, sometimes i don't feel like this game would do something for me like refunding my gilda. If i had thought about it, i'd have gotten a boat and a smaller house, but i saw the thatched house only, and took a chance. They always have huge sections that are just a bit wrong shaped or too small to fit a new house.

This is the 3rd server i've leveled a character on. I figured out with my first character that there was no guarantee of a spot. Unfortunately that knowledge doesn't tell me if i can get my gilda back or not. I searched everywhere i could, and was unable to find anything that told me one way or another. If i can't get them back, then whatever. I'll deal. It's not like that's all the gilda i'll ever have. I can always delete the character and just switch to another server. I've already done that 3 times anyways.

I hear ya, but switching servers is not going to be the answer.. all the servers as far as I know are pretty full land-wise. But some servers you might be able to snag some expiring land and get a spot. I did not think I would be able to get a thatched ever, but what I did was I started out buying a 16x16 that had 2 8x8 spots next to it for 200g on our server (Tahyang) because in the East the land goes for relatively cheap in most zones. Then to my surprise, a few 16x16s expired around me and I was able to grab the spots uncontested and I ended up with enough room for my thatched. That's probably a good "budget" way of doing it - look for a not popular zone (Such as Windscour) and you might have good luck getting a spot in that area. If you are on Tahyang let me know I would be happy to help! I have seen quite a few expiring properties lately out that way!

Soroboru
01-13-2015, 12:32 PM
You're not supposed to get any refunds for anything like that.
There is obviously not any 24x24 land if you looked anywhere around, on any server probably, you're supposed to check that before you check designs, whoever refunded that one guy probably got fired by anti-carebear riots from a ton of the elite hxc AA players.

RichWhale
01-13-2015, 12:47 PM
You're not supposed to get any refunds for anything like that.
There is obviously not any 24x24 land if you looked anywhere around, on any server probably, you're supposed to check that before you check designs, whoever refunded that one guy probably got fired by anti-carebear riots from a ton of the elite hxc AA players.

Oh look another child troll in the thread. Don't you have school or something?

Customer service has refunded for this before, they usually do it once as a courtesy. It is not easy to tell if a 24x24 will fit in a certain area until you go ahead and purchase the plan, I've seen spots that look to be able to fit one but were a hair off by someone placing their property like a jerk. I had been refunded for my bungalow and there were no "riots" or people being fired over it. And you can stop with the "Carebear" crap, it's so 6-months ago and has no bearing or relevance to anything being discussed here. Go get yourself an education and come back when you can reply like an adult.

Soroboru
01-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Did you really just make a new account to use a reaction image in response to a bait like that lmao. Sound like you're in menopause and laughing to your eve-obsessed manchild of a husband about your stale generic gaming insult.

thepubear
01-13-2015, 01:02 PM
rofl i had already thought of creating a char on tahyuang. I saw the bias towards rp. Whether i rp or not, i tend to not have to read so many guys going on about gay sex on servers like that. You have more courage than i do. I don't like telling guys anything. They get weird.

recka
01-13-2015, 01:07 PM
wait what?

so you buy a "house" (w/e u want) and u instantly demand a X by X spot because u bought the house for it? if not you want refund of gilda stars?
lolol... you could have guessed it at lvl 10 already by reading chats that you wouldnt just get a 24x24 spot handed to you unless you go to auroria and feed the castle lord some gold with ur taxes.

Foomanchu
01-13-2015, 01:41 PM
depending on your server, you might find land for that thatched in auroria
at least on ezi, there is plenty of room there

thepubear
01-13-2015, 01:46 PM
wait what?

so you buy a "house" (w/e u want) and u instantly demand a X by X spot because u bought the house for it? if not you want refund of gilda stars?
lolol... you could have guessed it at lvl 10 already by reading chats that you wouldnt just get a 24x24 spot handed to you unless you go to auroria and feed the castle lord some gold with ur taxes.

no offense, but where did i demand anything? I asked a question. I couldn't find any information on whether i could get those gilda stars back or not. So i asked. I'm afraid you are the only person demanding anything. I talked about deleting the character, because i've already done that 3 times before. We only get 2 characters without expansion scrolls, so if i want to play a new character that's the only way to do so. Since i had bought the thatched house, i thought that maybe i should have gone with a smaller one. I have gotten the distinct impression that the only way to do this, is to put in a support ticket. I may do so, or i may not. Whether i do or not, is up to me. It's not a huge deal, tbh. Next time i level a character i'll probably go with a small house and a boat. The thatched farmhouse is tempting, but without the money for the land, it's not viable.

btw, for me, deleting a character isn't that big of a deal. It's not like i'd given anything to them with. @richhall, tho i've been thinking of making a toon on tahyuang, i'm not entirely sure how to get hold of you. :) You're not accepting pm's.

Darkmask
01-13-2015, 03:26 PM
you can make a new character and just do the storyline quest (green exclamation mark), take around 1.5-2hr and you will end up with 60Gilda stars. You can use the glida star for clippers or cottage, etc.

I understand that you messed up the glida stars and now you dont have any use for the Thatched farmhouse design. Well you can always sell it in AH.

Rahvin
01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
You're not accepting pm's.

It's probably because you smell bad. You might try showering more often.

Terrantal
01-13-2015, 05:09 PM
I hear ya, but switching servers is not going to be the answer.. all the servers as far as I know are pretty full land-wise.

EU-Orchidna has plenty of land free. You could put a few mansions side by side in Rookborne and Perinoor.

Shalille
01-13-2015, 05:15 PM
btw, for me, deleting a character isn't that big of a deal.

You dont need to delete, you can make a free account and do the story quest for 60 gildas. Buy the designs you want, and mail them to your main char.

JerryBoyle
01-14-2015, 02:40 AM
rofl i had already thought of creating a char on tahyuang. I saw the bias towards rp. Whether i rp or not, i tend to not have to read so many guys going on about gay sex on servers like that. You have more courage than i do. I don't like telling guys anything. They get weird.
As a guy from Tahyang, this does not happen. There is no RP at all outside of RP guilds. The server is the same as every other one except for the few RP guilds.

Adellain
01-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Oh look another child troll in the thread. Don't you have school or something?

Customer service has refunded for this before, they usually do it once as a courtesy. It is not easy to tell if a 24x24 will fit in a certain area until you go ahead and purchase the plan, I've seen spots that look to be able to fit one but were a hair off by someone placing their property like a jerk. I had been refunded for my bungalow and there were no "riots" or people being fired over it. And you can stop with the "Carebear" crap, it's so 6-months ago and has no bearing or relevance to anything being discussed here. Go get yourself an education and come back when you can reply like an adult.

TBH when buying a house design on mirage, it is at my own risk. Whether it 'fits' in a certain area or not, that is my 'the buyer's' problem. Not the sellers. Therefore I never expect a refund.
That's just my point of view.
However there is always a spot to be found (usually via a demo or strategic placement of 8x8's) if you check all zones. Granted though that if you want a safe haven and a hilltop/seaside view, you may find it more difficult.

Alara
01-15-2015, 04:41 AM
It took me about 4 months to obtain the seaside view 24x24 thatched farmhouse I was able to build around Christmas last year.

Grab a 16x16 spot and gradually expand it using 8x8's and 16x16's, untill you've carved out your site. Beware of the slope not being too steep, as the 24x24 has a much lower tolerance than the 16x16's which can do crazy things with their bases.

Keep in touch with your neighbors, and find the right time to make them an offer that's acceptable. Don't count too much on demo's as direct method of aquisition, best possible outcome is being able to buy it from the new owner.

Plots are changing ownership faster than a few months ago.

It's probably a good idea to have good deep "pocket change" on hand so you can acquire at least one, preferably 2 or 3 16x16 using whatever they go for certed. That's the laziest way to grab a foothold over an area to see if you can get connected plots that amount to a 24x24.