PDA

View Full Version : 17k Labor to craft Gazebo Farm?

Siddalee
01-17-2015, 01:20 AM
* Added a recipe for players to craft the Land Expansion Certificate item, which will also be available via Marketplace. These items can be crafted at any house or farm in the same way Bound Tax Certificates can be made. The recipe takes (1) Land Expansion Permit, available from General Merchants for 300 gold, and 100 Bound Tax Certificates - purchased, non-bound tax Certificates do not work in this recipe. The Land Expansion Certificate item will also be available in an upcoming Marketplace update.

100 Bound Taxes = 200 labor per 5 certs = 4,000 labor.

You need 3 of the Land Expansion Certificate to craft the Gazebo Farm, so that's 12k labor right there.

You also need 50 various (construction) Bundles @ 100 labor each = 5,000 labor.

So, 17k labor just to craft this farm?? And that's ignoring the mats needed to make the bundles. I could understand the bundle labor cost, but the Land Expansion Certificate seems to be extremely labor intensive. Is this really intended??

redeven
01-17-2015, 03:21 AM
It is intended. You're stuck with the mentality of "click and get".

Things aren't supposed to be that easy. Craft it like you'd level a profession: save some labor every day to make it.

Offski
01-17-2015, 04:15 AM
Tax from loyalty is bound

Shantar
01-17-2015, 05:39 AM
I don't disagree with the labour cost as such but having to idle on the test server to generate enough to build and test the gazebo is a piss take. Please just give us the tools so we can test properly and not have to physically play the game as we would on live in order to get things done. An npc with loyalty, credits, resource items etc just give us some way to get the things we need in order to properly test.

Wafalls
01-17-2015, 06:25 AM
Is this really intended??
Trion clearly think it is?

Until they nerf fishing to the ground (or bottom of the sea in this case), *nothing land based will ever be worth it*. Anyone that has more than a couple of farms per account is just pumping pointless money into maintaining or building it. Want to make it more fancy? Even a simple farmhouse is 600g+ in mats which at land based profits is what, 10,000 labor? More?

Stonelotus
01-17-2015, 08:00 AM
I don't disagree with the labour cost as such but having to idle on the test server to generate enough to build and test the gazebo is a piss take. Please just give us the tools so we can test properly and not have to physically play the game as we would on live in order to get things done. An npc with loyalty, credits, resource items etc just give us some way to get the things we need in order to properly test.

several people have gazebo farms built already. it's really not that difficult.

dashy
01-17-2015, 09:05 AM
when on the live ^^'

Badkitten
01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Yes and they will be adding the land expansion certs to the market place as well so if you don't want to craft them you can buy them off the AH or use your own money to buy them

itzfury
01-17-2015, 10:20 AM
what are the construction bundles?

maddox stefan
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
They made it so labor intensive because of marketplace , so more people will donate to make it easy , if you want to f2p then wait 6 days and craft your awesome gazebo farm.

Yavi
01-17-2015, 11:42 AM

Until they nerf fishing to the ground (or bottom of the sea in this case), *nothing land based will ever be worth it*. Anyone that has more than a couple of farms per account is just pumping pointless money into maintaining or building it. Want to make it more fancy? Even a simple farmhouse is 600g+ in mats which at land based profits is what, 10,000 labor? More?

Farming Coin Purses has and always will be more silver per labor than fishing.

Dokoro
01-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Unless you're a night owl on our server, you're going to get your fish stolen.

Shantar
01-17-2015, 12:24 PM
several people have gazebo farms built already. it's really not that difficult.

Yea but everyone creating f2p alts just clogs the server with dead accounts. It is supposed to be a test server not a "find another way to abuse the fluffy bot so I can try to get something done server".

Stonelotus
01-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Yea but everyone creating f2p alts just clogs the server with dead accounts. It is supposed to be a test server not a "find another way to abuse the fluffy bot so I can try to get something done server".

LOL! How do alt accounts "clog the server"?.

Shantar
01-17-2015, 02:46 PM
The use of the word "clog" combined with "dead accounts" was meant to indicate that though the PTS would show, for example, 10,000 accounts only a small % of those would be actual real test accounts. Cluttered might have been a better word on reflection or feel free to pick one of your own. Also, creating unnecessary alt accounts is a bannable offence. Either way, the test server is lacking and has room for improvement which needs to be addressed otherwise even more people will simply give up on it, as have a huge amount of people already.

Stonelotus
01-17-2015, 04:33 PM
The use of the word "clog" combined with "dead accounts" was meant to indicate that though the PTS would show, for example, 10,000 accounts only a small % of those would be actual real test accounts. Cluttered might have been a better word on reflection or feel free to pick one of your own. Also, creating unnecessary alt accounts is a bannable offence. Either way, the test server is lacking and has room for improvement which needs to be addressed otherwise even more people will simply give up on it, as have a huge amount of people already.

you really just want to be unhappy, don't you? there's a sizeable group of people on PTS who have no problem accomplishing the things they want to do. then there's the "gimme gimme" crowd who will never be satisfied. if those are the ones giving up I have no problem with that. they weren't going to be effective testers anyway.

kiralia
01-17-2015, 07:58 PM
I am curious about just what will be sold on the marketplace. Will it be just the single part that costs 300 gold from the general merchant or will it be the complete item (so effectively 900 gold plus 17k labor all rolled into 1 cash purchase if I read things correctly)?

RogerP
01-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Land Expansion Certificate are trad-able ?

youtube Jasonwivart
01-17-2015, 11:02 PM
I am curious about just what will be sold on the marketplace. Will it be just the single part that costs 300 gold from the general merchant or will it be the complete item (so effectively 900 gold plus 17k labor all rolled into 1 cash purchase if I read things correctly)?

Thats a great question as if it is all the work together I would glady buy some of them if they aren't like 10,000 credits.

Shantar
01-18-2015, 08:43 AM
you really just want to be unhappy, don't you? there's a sizeable group of people on PTS who have no problem accomplishing the things they want to do. then there's the "gimme gimme" crowd who will never be satisfied. if those are the ones giving up I have no problem with that. they weren't going to be effective testers anyway.

I probably have more than most people on test but I have had to work pretty hard to get some of it which is really really dumb for a test server. I have the gazebo built but I had to make a f2p char to get the lp pots to make the certs which is just wrong. I do cross continent runs to get mats which is just a waste of time. I built a farm cart to make shipping packs a bit easier and faster. All this to try and improve my ability to test things. We are not testing how the main game works, its not beta or alpha, we are testing new content prior to it going live, a very short time span is involved so my point is that we are not being given the tools to do this properly. The very nature of the server and its purpose makes it a gimme gimme environment and they are doing an ok job with that, they do give us some stuff but can you honestly say everything is in place and needs no improvements to make testing easier and more effective?

ImaqtRawr
01-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Anyone who has a gazebo farm can you please if possible answer my question.

How many larders can you fit on a gazebo farm? thanks.

maiyah
01-18-2015, 12:57 PM

You need 3 of the Land Expansion Certificate to craft the Gazebo Farm, so that's 12k labor right there.

So, 17k labor just to craft this farm?? And that's ignoring the mats needed to make the bundles. I could understand the bundle labor cost, but the Land Expansion Certificate seems to be extremely labor intensive. Is this really intended??

So as I understand it you need 300 unbound taxes and 900 gold to buy the certificates, which all put together give you the three land expansions to put down the gazebo farm. Its built using bundles? Which bundles?

Zhed
01-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Anyone who has a gazebo farm can you please if possible answer my question.

How many larders can you fit on a gazebo farm? thanks.

Found this picture, it seems you can fit around 17 larders
Time to look for those free 24x24 spots :)
http://i58.tinypic.com/rtfiwl.jpg

Roma Fireheart
01-18-2015, 02:18 PM
So dumb question, but what's the point of that umbrella in the middle? Is it purely for decoration and to take farming space or does it actually do something?

And holy poop, the cost to upgrade to one of these farms is more than building multiple Thatched Farmhouses ...geez.

Siddalee
01-18-2015, 03:03 PM
So as I understand it you need 300 unbound taxes and 900 gold to buy the certificates, which all put together give you the three land expansions to put down the gazebo farm. Its built using bundles? Which bundles?

You can see this on Live. Just look in your Folio under Construction. You'll see the Gazebo Farm Design requires construction materials, such as 20x Wooden Beam Bundle, 15x Construction Tool Bundle, etc. Each bundle costs 100 labor to make, and all told you'll need to craft 50 of them.

malkshur
01-18-2015, 03:54 PM
I have built a Gazebo farm on PTS. It is located in Lancton, Solzreed, Nuia. If anyone has a farmer's workstation I would like to make some woodlots and try and see how many I can fit on this BIG farm.

Maugrem
01-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I have built a Gazebo farm on PTS. It is located in Lancton, Solzreed, Nuia. If anyone has a farmer's workstation I would like to make some woodlots and try and see how many I can fit on this BIG farm.

Takes 32 bundles on the Gazebo property, 2 rows of 6 on the outside and 2 rows of 2 beside the umbrella.

maiyah
01-18-2015, 07:09 PM
You can see this on Live. Just look in your Folio under Construction. You'll see the Gazebo Farm Design requires construction materials, such as 20x Wooden Beam Bundle, 15x Construction Tool Bundle, etc. Each bundle costs 100 labor to make, and all told you'll need to craft 50 of them.

Awesomeness, thanks!!!

Stonelotus
01-18-2015, 07:50 PM
I probably have more than most people on test but I have had to work pretty hard to get some of it which is really really dumb for a test server. I have the gazebo built but I had to make a f2p char to get the lp pots to make the certs which is just wrong. I do cross continent runs to get mats which is just a waste of time. I built a farm cart to make shipping packs a bit easier and faster. All this to try and improve my ability to test things. We are not testing how the main game works, its not beta or alpha, we are testing new content prior to it going live, a very short time span is involved so my point is that we are not being given the tools to do this properly. The very nature of the server and its purpose makes it a gimme gimme environment and they are doing an ok job with that, they do give us some stuff but can you honestly say everything is in place and needs no improvements to make testing easier and more effective?
1. I sincerely doubt you have accomplished more than me on PTS and "most people", in my experience, haven't even begun to put in the effort to do their scarecrow quests. But hey, they should probably just add "Send me a scarecrow farm Fluffy", right?

2. Having to make an alt for labor on PTS isn't a big deal and has no correlation to doing the same thing on live servers.

3. Please cite your official Trion source that states we are only testing new game content. There is a ton of current content that is bugged and exploits that haven't been exposed and fixed. It's called the Public Test Server, not the "Test only new content" server. I must have missed the post where they, or the player base for that matter, said "everything's fine on live so far".

4. Yes having more handed to us would make things immensely easier. However, at what cost to Trion's development resources? They gave away free credits and people logged into PTS, opened boxes, complained they didn't get the item they wanted, swore they wouldn't buy boxes on live, and left. That's some mighty fine new content testing there.

Every single thing Trion gives us on PTS has to be coded. "Send me raw stone Fluffy" has to be coded. "Send me loyalty Fluffy" has to be coded. These coding changes have to be submitted to and approved by XL Games, then sent back to Trion for implementation. This is in addition to the development teams working on the very new content everyone is expecting to come and then fixing the problems we do find.

Azurl
01-18-2015, 11:45 PM
are the land expansion certificates tradable?

Esmera
01-19-2015, 12:11 AM
How much tax do you have to pay for one gazebo farm, and can you put decor on the middle umbrella part?

Azurl
01-19-2015, 12:54 AM
How much tax do you have to pay for one gazebo farm, and can you put decor on the middle umbrella part?

I've seen screenshots of people having chests on the middle part.

Stonelotus
01-19-2015, 01:33 AM
You can place decor under the center umbrella. I have regal benches and a merch cushion on mine
Base tax is 15 certificates with a 30 certificate deposit.
Land expansion certificates are tradeable.

Azkadelya
01-19-2015, 11:38 AM
So whats the benefit of the gazebo other than it being huge?

tzq
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
being huge.
you can fit more things than you'd place on a thatched farmhouse. It's better for big things like bundles trees and packs. When you put them on thatched you leave a lot of empty spots suitable only for small seeds.
And you don't really need a house if you are close to a plaza ;)

Galinndan
01-19-2015, 04:31 PM

5,400 labor to craft the actual design. 12,00 labor to craft the 300 tax certs. 17,400 labor to craft the thing assuming you bought the mats for the actual bundles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_BwBziPjNfv9WRZSx-3jNWUGemsrUD00r6DNqhFc7hk/edit?usp=sharing

Galinndan
01-19-2015, 04:36 PM

30 to place, 15 per week for upkeep.

Longcat
01-27-2015, 12:23 AM
how many woodlots (maple) fit in it ? gazebo looks OP

Myssy
01-27-2015, 05:20 AM
8 woodloots if i remember right ^^

Longcat
01-27-2015, 10:36 AM
8 woodloots if i remember right ^^

For the cost i think it is better keep 2 16x16 than making one gazebo >.>

maiyah
01-27-2015, 10:41 AM

Using one helped us consolidate a few large lots into one. We don't need a 8x8 workstation now, can put chests on the new larger farm. It's good for growing in larger volumes of big things. Does it pay for itself? Probably not, but we have most of the high ticket things we want for now, and this was something to simplify some of the parts we didn't care for so much.

joecci
01-28-2015, 02:22 PM
It is intended. You're stuck with the mentality of "click and get".

Things aren't supposed to be that easy. Craft it like you'd level a profession: save some labor every day to make it.

Ummm the problem is it is "Click & Get" All I have to do is "click" the land expansion cert in the market place for a measely 650 credits and I "Get" a land expansion certificate. They've made this a completely Pay to win item. Even if you don't have the credits you can buy completed Land expansion certs of the AH for less than 300 gold each. You'd be downright stupid to actually Craft the certs.

It would be one thing if the gazebo farm certificates were not offered in the marketplace or if the price of each land expansion cert was around 3000 credits each. Then the cost to craft would make sense. But it is in the Cash shop for a ridiculously unbalanced price. I mean, a damn Specialization snowflake which goes for 200 gold is 3k creds on the marketplace yet a Land expansion certificate which requires a 300 gold "permit" to craft and 320 gold (4x 80 gold labor pots) costs only 650 credits.... Ummm really?! Whoever is crunching the numbers over at Trion clearly only has $$ in mind and not actual balance of the game or it's economy and anyone that that cost of this gazebo is remotely balanced is a moron.

OnlyOneShinobi
01-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Ummm the problem is it is "Click & Get" All I have to do is "click" the land expansion cert in the market place for a measely 650 credits and I "Get" a land expansion certificate. They've made this a completely Pay to win item. Even if you don't have the credits you can buy completed Land expansion certs of the AH for less than 300 gold each. You'd be downright stupid to actually Craft the certs.

It would be one thing if the gazebo farm certificates were not offered in the marketplace or if the price of each land expansion cert was around 3000 credits each. Then the cost to craft would make sense. But it is in the Cash shop for a ridiculously unbalanced price. {...}

It's absolutely not a pay to win item. The low cost of the certificate helps those who don't want to pay for credits. I don't buy credits and I was able to use my gold to buy the certs on the AH for cheap and build my gazebo on the first day. You can watch the vid here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cakizX_4lY

The crafting cost is a bit ridiculous. But with the price of the full certs only 390 it's a steal for those who don't want to pay for credits.

And for those of you who don't have a lot of gold, the crafting method is an attainable method if you put in the time.

Drajek
02-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Not worth it. Gazebo takes up too much space.

Drajek
02-01-2015, 03:52 PM
5,400 labor to craft the actual design. 12,00 labor to craft the 300 tax certs. 17,400 labor to craft the thing assuming you bought the mats for the actual bundles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_BwBziPjNfv9WRZSx-3jNWUGemsrUD00r6DNqhFc7hk/edit?usp=sharing

You left out the amount for Blue Salt Wedges. May not seem much but it does add up.

Nodoze
02-17-2015, 12:04 PM
being huge.
you can fit more things than you'd place on a thatched farmhouse. It's better for big things like bundles trees and packs. When you put them on thatched you leave a lot of empty spots suitable only for small seeds.
And you don't really need a house if you are close to a plaza ;)Personally I would want to keep at least one Thatched regardless.

Having a house has other benefits like a Teleportation destination, safe place to AFK, level your mounts, etc...

DigitalPrintz
02-20-2015, 07:10 PM

I don't know what you're smoking. But I can spend 3k labor and make 700g from pine trees going TS. Just because you don't know how to make money using labor, doesn't mean those ways don't exist. i'm up to 25s a labor point.