PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded Test Now I can't play on live

Aired
01-17-2015, 12:37 PM
I just downloaded and played on the test server for about an hour.

I switched my region back to north america to play on live, I get to the server selection screen select my server Calleil and then get immediately disconnected (server says is up). I went ahead and tried a few other servers and got the same results.

Any help?

Aired
01-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Tried live chat not much help, all troubleshooting was done as if it was a network issue. However I can play test server just fine.. ping live servers fine.

I really think something got henky with copying the client to /PST and then downloading the test client.

I also tried a repair via glyph client but that didn't work.

Aired
01-17-2015, 03:34 PM
Here is a video.. ignore the first 10 secs its out of focus game launches around 50 sec mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaUHV_4ze0

Fasti
01-18-2015, 01:42 AM
If it just started happening after the installation of the test server, can you go into Glyph and check your installation path? You should have a full installation folder for both the Live version and the PTS version, and Glyph should recognize the installation folder for Live and the separate PTS folder.

Aired
01-18-2015, 02:00 AM
If it just started happening after the installation of the test server, can you go into Glyph and check your installation path? You should have a full installation folder for both the Live version and the PTS version, and Glyph should recognize the installation folder for Live and the separate PTS folder.

Yes this was the problem. I responded to my ticket but forgot to update this post. Just in case anybody else has this issue.

I found the issue it was with the path set up by glyph during the installation of the PTS. The instructions posted by Scapes indicate you should make a new folder called PTS . When you install you are given an option to create a new glyph shortcut and new Archeage icon. I only selected to have a new Archeage icon not a new glyph icon. During my installation I set the path to Archeage to ../PTS .

When I launched Glyph it always went to PTS. By reinstalling Glyph I was able to update the path to .../Live. Turns out the problem was trying to run test client on live server.

Perhaps an easy fix would be to associate paths to file directories based on region within Glyph.