PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? Still land hackers?

Berignus
01-18-2015, 01:32 AM
I get up at 30 past midnight to try and get this 16x16. I got my neighbor with me..we're the only ones. Then this lvl 15 comes outta nowhere and freaking gets it. I'm so sick of this, I love the hell out of this game but my god. He's got the suspected user now..but seriously? I've not even won an 8x8 yet in this game and I've been here since head start. It's just ridiculous. I wish anyone else could have gotten it.

GG neighbor Coreshot, wish you got it.

Chari
01-18-2015, 01:37 AM
http://gifsb.in/hat-tip/5ajbeWB.gif

Fargrist
01-18-2015, 01:42 AM
I get up at 30 past midnight to try and get this 16x16. I got my neighbor with me..we're the only ones. Then this lvl 15 comes outta nowhere and freaking gets it. I'm so sick of this, I love the hell out of this game but my god. He's got the suspected user now..but seriously? I've not even won an 8x8 yet in this game and I've been here since head start. It's just ridiculous. I wish anyone else could have gotten it.

One land hacker on Kyrios was banned that I know of. Goodbye Milton, but sadly that's nowhere near enough, just one player has managed to snap up Parchsun settlement and another hacker has Hatora pretty well covered, even owning a Fellowship plaza there.

With only a few players being able to lock up whole "suburbs" of ArcheAge it's easy to see why new players don't stay and why they don't arrive in the first place, they are hearing the stories on the MMO grapevine.

Waldo
01-18-2015, 01:47 AM
I am on Eanna (EU). I can point you out at least 10 free 16x16 spots. There is plenty of room for people who are looking.

DomENDemo
01-18-2015, 04:45 AM
There are few 8 x 8 around my area. I am playing Kyrios

Aired
01-18-2015, 05:02 AM
I'm on Calleil windscour has many open plots. Msg in game (September) if you want / play on this server / area.

Greydog
01-18-2015, 05:56 AM
No need to compete for 8x8's ...there a open spots for them in just about every area.

Euthymia
01-18-2015, 05:59 AM
I am on Eanna (EU). I can point you out at least 10 free 16x16 spots. There is plenty of room for people who are looking.

Be right there... oh right... no server transfers. Nevermind.

Shantar
01-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Sorry but this reads as player fail to me. If you can't even "win" an 8x8 you are doing something seriously wrong with your land grab technique. Apart from the fact that you can find 8x8 space just about anywhere from people making farmers workstations, land hackers just don't waste their time with 8x8's as there is very little resale value in them if any.

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Sorry but this reads as player fail to me. If you can't even "win" an 8x8 you are doing something seriously wrong with your land grab technique. Apart from the fact that you can find 8x8 space just about anywhere from people making farmers workstations, land hackers just don't waste their time with 8x8's as there is very little resale value in them if any.

True. And "out of nowhere" is hardly a correct statement. Any player just has to just when the building was shot to zero health, anybody can then just ride up, pre-place and click in the right moment just fast enough.

Meaning you donīt have to cuddle up against the building that is going to be destroyed for 30 mins - it wonīt increase your chances.
It neither increases your chances when you patiently wait until the building self-demolishes by loosing health slowly. I saw serveral ppl do that and guess what - i rushed in, shot the damn building and everyone seemed to be so fearfully puzzled that i won.

And there is this:
- You can place from a distance (never exactly measured but pretty sure its about 32x32 around the building)
- You can place from stealth (which a level 15 canīt)
- You can place from inside another building
- You donīt need LOS (line of sight) so you can hide behind other buildings

It takes 3 (or was ist just 2? I just click a lot) clicks to place a building - that, including reaction time, can be done in under 1 second without any helping tools.

What you do:
- take your 8x8 to a free spot (even on crowded servers they can be found)
- place your crow until the building summary (with the build button) shows)
- Use a post-it or whatever suits you (some ppl even make a dot on their screen) to mark where you have to click to hit the build button.
- Cancel the build
- Go to a demo
- Target the building that is going down, put the health bar somewhere near your click spot
- Pre-Place your building, thatīs one click after aligning the 3d model, the next click would build it or give you the 5 sec timer if the building is not destroyed yet
- so now as the demo goes (if nobody else shoots the building down, have a friend do it or do it yourself, need to pre-place again after that)
- You just watch the health bar, NOT the building.
- In the instant it disappears you start to click, fast and multiple times.

And thatīs about it. That way you can win a decent amount of demos. I even managed over at NA while being from EU.

Berignus
01-18-2015, 11:55 AM

I'm not an idiot. I've been to several land grabs, mostly 16x16's, when I refered to not being able to get 8x8's I was referring to when the game came out and there were tons and tons of people going for them. I've found several just by themselves, but this guy was obviously a hacker/macroer. I did reported him and bam he got the defbuff. He also said nothing and recalled as soon as he got it...it was completely obvious. I have a piece of tape on my freaking monitor and I know to place it as a red building til it goes down..he did it instantly. No, it was ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Galix
01-18-2015, 12:07 PM
http://gifsb.in/hat-tip/5ajbeWB.gif

Land Hackers are a good source of calcium and vitamins! :)

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 12:15 PM
He also said nothing and recalled as soon as he got it...it was completely obvious. I have a piece of tape on my freaking monitor and I know to place it as a red building til it goes down..he did it instantly. No, it was ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

First, i do that too. Port right away. In all the demos i had successfully won i had ONE whereafter there was no ♥♥♥♥♥ing and false accusations. Of course when i lost nobody said a word.

People are ♥♥♥♥♥ when they loose a land demo. They insult you for being faster and put a false report on any one that wins, because they think they are the only ones that have the right to do so.

That being said, there may be land hackers out there, but not as much as ppl like to pretend - i could bring my Counter-Strike example again, where i was being accused of aimbotting just because pretty much winning several rounds alone.

Instantly. Thatīs a personal observation. I have seen ppl taking 5 seconds to place at an uncontested demo, those guys will ever loose any other demo.
>1 sec to commit the build click - you loose. In between there are lag issues. I am not talking about ping. You can actually outplace lower pings with a 300ms conn, if itīs stable (no packet loss).

Fargrist
01-18-2015, 02:47 PM
First, i do that too. Port right away. In all the demos i had successfully won i had ONE whereafter there was no ♥♥♥♥♥ing and false accusations. Of course when i lost nobody said a word.

People are ♥♥♥♥♥ when they loose a land demo. They insult you for being faster and put a false report on any one that wins, because they think they are the only ones that have the right to do so.

That being said, there may be land hackers out there, but not as much as ppl like to pretend - i could bring my Counter-Strike example again, where i was being accused of aimbotting just because pretty much winning several rounds alone.

Instantly. Thatīs a personal observation. I have seen ppl taking 5 seconds to place at an uncontested demo, those guys will ever loose any other demo.
>1 sec to commit the build click - you loose. In between there are lag issues. I am not talking about ping. You can actually outplace lower pings with a 300ms conn, if itīs stable (no packet loss).

This sounds like a land hacker defense.

But that's fine, I can understand the need to defend your income, both real and virtual.

Everyone who has tried multiple times to place a house will have seen one person who is really "lucky" or "quick" or "fast ping".

All of them use the land hacker tool which costs some $40 to buy.

From my experience Trion could ban the top 3 land grabbers on every server and they would all be cheats, probably the top 10 on every server are, but let's make it the top 3 to be ultra safe.

The top 3 are a rock solid guarantee of cheatery. It's blatant and people see that and give up hope.

I'm amazed that Trion lets people cut people out of the game so much. Land was a chance to give players a virtual piece of Eden which they could call their own.

Instead Trion let hackers use it as their personal revenue stream.

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 04:21 PM
This sounds like a land hacker defense.

Well iīll take that as a compliment then, like back in Counter-Strike.

Erotes
01-18-2015, 04:57 PM

For me what stood out was that the player was lvl 15. I know that it is entirely possible to do this legit with an alt but still, Berignus isn't being unreasonable suspecting that user of hacking.

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 05:11 PM
For me what stood out was that the player was lvl 15. I know that it is entirely possible to do this legit with an alt but still, Berignus isn't being unreasonable suspecting that user of hacking.

And i never stated otherwise. EU seems to have less problems with those, never met one. At my first couples of demo (which i lost due to not pre-placing etc.) the same thought crossed my mind, NO one is that fast.

But i canīt say i witnessed something like that myself so far, at least no one that was extraordinary fast, really fast yes, faster than me too but my server is (a pity) not too crowded so i managed to get a desireable place, buy 2 additional crows from others and im golden.

About the lvl 15 (without a guild), well you know people do that do get additional crows, it is no safe indicator for someone screwing you at all. Except the fact that a real hacker most likely wouldnīt level the placement chars up all the way, i give you that. Still...

J33P3RS
01-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Land hackers are the only ones that try to deny there is a land hacker problem. Be more obvious.

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Land hackers are the only ones that try to deny there is a land hacker problem. Be more obvious.

Sure i trade i 100 plots every day ;)

Erotes
01-18-2015, 05:51 PM
And i never stated otherwise. EU seems to have less problems with those, never met one. At my first couples of demo (which i lost due to not pre-placing etc.) the same thought crossed my mind, NO one is that fast.

But i canīt say i witnessed something like that myself so far, at least no one that was extraordinary fast, really fast yes, faster than me too but my server is (a pity) not too crowded so i managed to get a desireable place, buy 2 additional crows from others and im golden.

About the lvl 15 (without a guild), well you know people do that do get additional crows, it is no safe indicator for someone screwing you at all. Except the fact that a real hacker most likely wouldnīt level the placement chars up all the way, i give you that. Still...

So your point is that you agree with me? That you telling Berignus that he is on a witch hunt is unfair because it is reasonable to assume that the level 15 might have been a bot. Thank you, I don't understand why you needed that wall of text but I am glad we all agree.

The simplest truth is that even if YOU personally haven't seen bots doesn't mean they don't exist. But I can see where you are coming from in that there may be a chance that the lvl 15 in question was legit...this is all getting redundant.

Aeducan76
01-18-2015, 06:02 PM
No i do not agree that it is reasonable to assume a lvl 15 is a bot/hacker.

I do agree that my personal experience may differ for i am on EU on a not too overcrowded server (nebe), where you can actually find a free 16x16 spot now and then. Actually now since they introduced a new RNG box which seem to make ppl drop out of the game ^^

Euthymia
01-18-2015, 07:11 PM

I love how people are constantly assuming that because they are on a server where certain land is available, that it must be the same on all servers. Never considering that:

other servers might have higher populations.
population on other servers might have more interest in certain land sizes making them less available.

Halvos
01-18-2015, 07:20 PM
I love how people are constantly assuming that because they are on a server where certain land is available, that it must be the same on all servers. Never considering that:

other servers might have higher populations.
population on other servers might have more interest in certain land sizes making them less available.

Common sense and logic have no place here.

Urazilation
01-18-2015, 08:08 PM
I just laid 16x16 in arcum just because other 3 neighbours moved out. I'm happy I got it but wonder where they went. Hopefully they bought a 16x16 and needed a workbench....

CCT75
01-18-2015, 10:39 PM
So far I have never really participated in any land-grabbing till couple days ago. I have a Thatched just outside Cloudgrain in Falcorth Plains. There was a 16x16 Farm to the left facing the house. There were another Thatched and 16x16 Farm to the right. I am actually even willing to buy (if the owners are willing to sell with reasonable price) but the first 16x16 farm owner did not reply while the 2nd Thatched and 16x16 Farm owner declined to sell. Come then the 1st 16x16 Farm was down to demo on 17th Jan at 17:17 (my time GMT+08). I took a nap and set-up my phone alarm at 17:10 then quickly log on and TP to my Thatched. At first I thought I was the only one there.Then, around the corner just behind my thatched, I saw 2 players hiding/waiting to grab. One was a level 26 and one was a level 11. The level 26 then move up to the to be demo plot and whacked the Pumpkin Scarecrow down. I have my Pumpkin Scarecrow Design already position to try to grab and I got it. The level 11 "weeps" and move away so did the level 26.

Thepervertone
01-19-2015, 12:27 AM

you accuse him of land hacker just because he's low level and win the grab ?

Bramble
01-19-2015, 03:28 AM
The whole set of land acquisition mechanics are essentially broken / unfinished / highly flawed . . .

. . . to the point it's near juvenile in nature.

So this is simply more fallout from that poor implementation.

It's been like this for 2 years apparently, not been improved, so likely to not change. That would require someone at the right level, and place, to actually think about it for a couple of minutes.

A) Learn from those who are being successful.
B) CULTIVATE relationships with people around you worth a crap. Those that have land will likely consider passing on to you, or selling you, or keeping an eye out for you.
C) Friends and friendly neighbors pointed out an opportunity to me. I went from one (long sought for) 16 to a Townhouse and six 16's simply by working the game at the HUMAN LEVEL, with my fellow players, and got that paid off.

Of course I have the Tax Monster to deal with, heh-heh.

"Be the River, not the Rock"

kubi0461
01-19-2015, 05:15 AM
I've still yet to figure out how they do it. At every demolition I've been at lately, the new house is up before I even see the old one collapse. It feels like I'm the only one dealing with the 5 second cooldown.

Aeducan76
01-19-2015, 05:24 AM
I've still yet to figure out how they do it. At every demolition I've been at lately, the new house is up before I even see the old one collapse.

You donīt watch the house collapse.

You target the building, and watch the health bar and ONLY IT (a detailed description is in the prev. pages) when it disappears you click (x times see the description).

That way you have a decent chance and will not always win.

It feels like I'm the only one dealing with the 5 second cooldown.
You do not encounter the 5 sec CD if you do it right.

Edit: What will help you on slower PCs or worse notebooks is lowering the graphics settings to an absolute minimum and restart the whole client before actually going there.

NightElf
01-19-2015, 07:31 AM
I'm actually kinda happy some people left the game because land is way easier to get now than it was before. I'm sure they banned some land grabbers too. Easy to see.
I'm on Lucius (NA) and you can easily find spots for 8x8, if you keep looking for demolishons, you will get your 16x16 at some point. Just commit there a bit, in looking for them.

Me and my friend succesfully grabbed some lands for ourselves even though there was some people trying to get them too.

Best if you have some friend(s) helping you out with that, the more people you have trying to get it for you, the bigger the chance youll get it, and then just get it off them/pay for their tax cost.

warlocklord
01-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Yesterday on Inoch 5 connected 16X16 properties were demolished due to the owner not paying taxes.
I was there and saw one person win all five of them.

I cannot reasonably believe that one person can win five in a row with at least 7 others also trying at the same time.

I have no faith in anything ever being done about it.

I am almost done with this game and cannot figure out why I am still playing.