PDA

View Full Version : land grabbers

Soulreign
01-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Sad to show up for a land grab and the only people you have to contest are 3 land hackers and their entourage. Nobody bothers to show up for land grabs since it is impossible to get. :mad:

Evilsix
01-18-2015, 10:29 AM
If they were land hackers, why would they need an entourage? I thought the hackers could grab land from a distance.

If no one bothered to show up, why did three people and their friends all show up?

maiyah
01-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Nobody bothers to show up for land grabs since it is impossible to get. :mad:

That's your opinion. It's not fact. I'm fairly certain everyone on your server hasn't given up on demo property. Now, land hackers don't need friends to help them. The hack is doing all the work. Having buddies stand there is a waste of time, it helps nothing.

So here's the hard cold truth: Not everyone that has land is a hacker. Full stop. I have a pal that owns a plantation, over 10 connected properties (10-15, I lost count) and he has never broken a single rule. He set his alarm clock for middle of the night land demo's. He bought some. He traded for others. In short, it's been a TON of work.

My friend and I had most of the top of the hill at the Solz crafting station a few weeks back. Took us a long time and a lot of weird wake up times and negotiation to obtain a 28x28 connected plot. We don't hack. We don't even know how to hack. So please don't assume that those that have made land flipping their niche job are automatically cheaters. I'm the first to admit land hacking happens, but you CAN get land in this game while playing cheat free.

tathen
01-18-2015, 10:53 AM
your lucky u even get to see a land hacker turn up now days the games getting so dead

Evilsix
01-18-2015, 11:04 AM
your lucky u even get to see a land hacker turn up now days the games getting so dead

Yep, this is why you have to announce 30 minutes in advance that you want to run Crimson Rift or Grimghast Rift just to secure a spot in the raid before it fills up. And why land is still 99% occupied.

Zenanii
01-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Yep, this is why you have to announce 30 minutes in advance that you want to run Crimson Rift or Grimghast Rift just to secure a spot in the raid before it fills up. And why land is still 99% occupied.

And don't forget Hasla farming is still crowded

Soulreign
01-18-2015, 11:43 AM
actually yes they do need someone with them, one to hit the scarecrow as the other does the macro.

Richardson
01-18-2015, 11:55 AM
I went to a bunch of demos for plantations and houses and after 3 weeks i was lucky and now i own a farmhouse and a large farm u just need to keep at it and u will get a house. The best way for a large farm is to go and search in the farm areas where u can build only farms those usually attract less attention and land grabbers dont pay attention to them. Although i have never seen an actual landgrabber myself.

Soulreign
01-18-2015, 12:26 PM
I went to a bunch of demos for plantations and houses and after 3 weeks i was lucky and now i own a farmhouse and a large farm u just need to keep at it and u will get a house. The best way for a large farm is to go and search in the farm areas where u can build only farms those usually attract less attention and land grabbers dont pay attention to them. Although i have never seen an actual landgrabber myself.

Well either you are lucky, or just don't see them. I just went to try and get one at 1:58 pm. I was against two land hackers or so I thought, it ended up being there was a third hiding, since they can be 80 meters away I didn't even see where they were but they won that one. You can all argue about there being no such thing, or tell me to keep trying and maybe I will get lucky but until people stop paying gold to the land hackers it will be impossible to get land.

Evilsix
01-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Well either you are lucky, or just don't see them. I just went to try and get one at 1:58 pm. I was against two land hackers or so I thought, it ended up being there was a third hiding, since they can be 80 meters away I didn't even see where they were but they won that one. You can all argue about there being no such thing, or tell me to keep trying and maybe I will get lucky but until people stop paying gold to the land hackers it will be impossible to get land.

I get the frustration, but you are letting that cloud the truth. Those of us who have got land, or witnessed guildies or friends get land, know that its not just hackers getting land. It's always going to seem like someone hacking because the structure placement will be near instant every single time. And yes people hide because if its a PvP zone they could get attacked or feared, and even if its not a PvP zone people can do things to mess up your chances like opening a trade window with you at the last second to prevent you from placing. So yea, people hide.

You've just read or been told its hackers and now it seems like the only explanation, or the easiest one for you to swallow.

voyagerwoman
02-01-2015, 08:41 AM
land grabber are still present, the only reason we hear less of it is the population decline.