PDA

View Full Version : Naima land hacker selling land for real money

Mekake
01-19-2015, 03:27 AM
I contacted a character about buying land he got and he requested that the contact be through Skype. In that conversation he not only admitted he was selling land plots for real money but also that a member of a large Western guild had already paid him in advance for that plot of land. That same person and another member of the same guild have received several plots of land from him in the last week alone.

This land hacking is still out of hand, even with the recent "crackdown" there are still 2 players on my server that get most of the land grabs. According to this one's Skype he lives in Turkey. There's no way he's getting all of the land he goes for based on his ping.

I submitted a ticket with the relevant info (as outing them here is against forum rules) but how are we supposed to get land with garbage like this going on?

Aeducan76
01-19-2015, 03:56 AM
1.) Why the heck did you let someone you donīt know contact you by Skype (worst software ever)
2.) According to Skype means crap, can be easily faked
3.) What has this do to with land hacking?
4.) AFAIK selling ingame goods for real money is a bannable offense. Then again, you could pay with Apex, which is in return real money - why is that bannable again? Ah right, because Trion does not earn itīs share.

Bubbli
01-19-2015, 04:28 AM
I'm not surprised at all that he is selling for real money, or even taking all gold profits and selling. This one character has won every land he has logged in for, which is probably 95% of peace zone land demos.

All you have to do is run through each housing peace zone and sometimes halcyona. He will have 3+ unbuilt houses in each zone at any given time, by the next day most are flipped.

The two longest running winners were banned in the rapture, but this and a smaller time winner popped up the next day.

The 5 second delay was the worst thing to happen to the game, all it did was make it impossible to ever beat packet hacks. Even those that claimed to live in Texas never beat these people.

Demos went from having 20+ people at them, and maybe 7 normal winners that seemed to have different times they would beat each other. To now maybe 1 or 2 other interested parties plus the cheater. It broke everyone's spirit of ever winning against the cheaters.

Either step up on the banning of very obvious repeat winners, or revert the 5 second delay.

Fiercesoulking
01-19-2015, 05:15 AM
/sarcasm on
Really I thought they sell it for popcorn?
/sarcasm off
Seriously nothing new that is the MMO business.

Euthymia
01-19-2015, 05:29 AM
4.) AFAIK selling ingame goods for real money is a bannable offense. Then again, you could pay with Apex, which is in return real money - why is that bannable again? Ah right, because Trion does not earn itīs share.

Right. because selling items you don't actually own in a game you don't actually own any part of for real money is called theft. Even if you don't consider selling intellectual property you don't own a crime, you're stealing money from someone for something that isn't yours and thus won't be theirs either.

I can't sell your car to your neighbor for instance. Even if neither of us actually ever touch the thing, I can't sell the idea of ownership of something if the item doesn't belong to me.

Since people are keen on paying real money for items in game, game companies have stepped in and decided to sell it themselves instead of letting someone else profit off something they don't even own. EVE has Plex, GW2 has the gems to gold exchange, Cryptic has their special currency to zen exchange, and Wildstar has one too although I don't remember what it's called. I see no reason why Trion wouldn't do the same. In fact it's probably going to be standard fare in most MMOs from now own. These systems have the advantage of being traceable and usually "safer (http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/08/08/eve-player-destroys-over-1000-worth-of-game-time/) than dealing with who knows who on the other end of an email or skype conversation."

Aeducan76
01-19-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm not surprised at all that he is selling for real money, or even taking all gold profits and selling. This one character has won every land he has logged in for, which is probably 95% of peace zone land demos.

All you have to do is run through each housing peace zone and sometimes halcyona. He will have 3+ unbuilt houses in each zone at any given time, by the next day most are flipped.

The two longest running winners were banned in the rapture, but this and a smaller time winner popped up the next day.

The 5 second delay was the worst thing to happen to the game, all it did was make it impossible to ever beat packet hacks. Even those that claimed to live in Texas never beat these people.

Demos went from having 20+ people at them, and maybe 7 normal winners that seemed to have different times they would beat each other. To now maybe 1 or 2 other interested parties plus the cheater. It broke everyone's spirit of ever winning against the cheaters.

Either step up on the banning of very obvious repeat winners, or revert the 5 second delay.

Now that one really sounds like a hacker.

Not the other threads where low level or winning 1 spot just ultra fast was enough for the accusation.

Sayura
01-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Bump for the justice of Naima.

maiyah
01-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Is land on Naima really so scarce that people pal real money for plots?

Sayura
01-19-2015, 07:04 AM
Is land on Naima really so scarce that people pal real money for plots?

It is when one guy wins everything. I gave up going to demos.

Shalille
01-19-2015, 07:38 AM
I've noticed this guy for about 3 weeks now, winning absolutely everything in all the pve zones. Well beyond suspicious. He always has the reported debuff on him.

Does anyone know what rates he charges for plots? I've asked a few customers that I saw buying from him land that he had recently stolen in Halcyona, but they kept silent.

Mekake
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
1.) Why the heck did you let someone you donīt know contact you by Skype (worst software ever)

1. I created a Skype account just for this. He requested this as his method for selling the land (although I assumed he meant for gold at the time).
2. Sure, anything can be faked. What's your point there?
3. He's using a land hack to get the plots he sells. He even takes payment in advance.
4. RMT is not allowed in AA. Period. We're not talking about Apex here, we're talking about someone charging money to hack property for people. I'm guessing by your comments you're ok with this then?

Sayura
01-19-2015, 10:03 AM
I wonder who the big Western guild he's working for is?

This one is a real brain twister!!

Mekake
01-19-2015, 10:05 AM
I've noticed this guy for about 3 weeks now, winning absolutely everything in all the pve zones. Well beyond suspicious. He always has the reported debuff on him.

Does anyone know what rates he charges for plots? I've asked a few customers that I saw buying from him land that he had recently stolen in Halcyona, but they kept silent.

Not the same guy you're talking about (name starts with a W, right?). This guy is a bit more low key but wins every single time, even against the other hacker. This guy is selling them for $20 for a 16x16, the one I think you're talking about sells for gold and charges about 800-1000g depending on the location.

Mekake
01-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I wonder who the big Western guild he's working for is?

This one is a real brain twister!!

Not going to say. I contacted their officers about the players who've been buying his plots (two of them and a third character that is unguilded but always with the other two so either an alt or a friend) and they're dealing with it. Didn't mean to imply it was sanctioned by them, it was really late when I posted this.

Ilyanna
01-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Well, this makes me all kinds of warm and fuzzy that I won the 16 in Villa that I was after on Saturday night.
Then again, the 5 other people there were all from the same guild and I didn't recognize any names from the list of hacks and "super clicker 0 latency" crew.

I haven't ever seen the new "W" guy... but I haven't been doing a lot of land hunting lately - I have more than I even want to pay taxes on. Tho I have seen 2 that both start with "P" in like the last 5 weeks that I believe are just a little too lucky.

Wytchblades
01-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Sucks land hacking still going on.

Morpayne
01-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Right. because selling items you don't actually own in a game you don't actually own any part of for real money is called theft. Even if you don't consider selling intellectual property you don't own a crime, you're stealing money from someone for something that isn't yours and thus won't be theirs either.

I can't sell your car to your neighbor for instance. Even if neither of us actually ever touch the thing, I can't sell the idea of ownership of something if the item doesn't belong to me.

Since people are keen on paying real money for items in game, game companies have stepped in and decided to sell it themselves instead of letting someone else profit off something they don't even own. EVE has Plex, GW2 has the gems to gold exchange, Cryptic has their special currency to zen exchange, and Wildstar has one too although I don't remember what it's called. I see no reason why Trion wouldn't do the same. In fact it's probably going to be standard fare in most MMOs from now own. These systems have the advantage of being traceable and usually "safer (http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/08/08/eve-player-destroys-over-1000-worth-of-game-time/) than dealing with who knows who on the other end of an email or skype conversation."

What about if I have a huge stack of apex paid for by me, and Iv decided to quit the game, why should I not be allowed to resell them for at least 2/3 of what I paid? I mean I did pay for them with real money, how are they not mine?

Mekake
01-19-2015, 11:34 AM
What about if I have a huge stack of apex paid for by me, and Iv decided to quit the game, why should I not be allowed to resell them for at least 2/3 of what I paid? I mean I did pay for them with real money, how are they not mine?

Because the ToS you agreed to in order to play the game prohibits it.

Traciatim
01-19-2015, 11:43 AM

All assets in game are owned by Trion. You can't sell something that someone else owns. Once the money is converted to game items there is no way to convert those items back to real money without breaking the terms of service.

Litre
01-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Trion is horrendously slow at moving against single offenders, they just have these large nets that catch people automatically. The resources to "manually" look at a single player will never be afforded, we barely even see GMs in game as bots run rampant, might as well wait for the supposed RNG land claim fix, which we know will never happen since marketplace updates take priority.

Erotes
01-19-2015, 06:46 PM

This a thousand times!! Why do dppl keep giving these ppl their skype info? Especially if they are suspected hackers!? so smart :-(

Note: Through Skype you can become vulnerable to hacking attacks (i.e. DDOS). Don't share info with people you just met, especially if they want to illegally sell you something from in game.

Mekake
01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
This a thousand times!! Why do dppl keep giving these ppl their skype info? Especially if they are suspected hackers!? so smart :-(

Note: Through Skype you can become vulnerable to hacking attacks (i.e. DDOS). Don't share info with people you just met, especially if they want to illegally sell you something from in game.

No. Just no.
1. I created a throwaway Skype account just to contact him, he wouldn't communicate in any other way.
2. I have a dynamic IP through my ISP. They can feel free to DDoS me, all I'd need to do is restart my cable modem. :rolleyes:

Erotes
01-19-2015, 07:49 PM
No. Just no.
1. I created a throwaway Skype account just to contact him, he wouldn't communicate in any other way.
2. I have a dynamic IP through my ISP. They can feel free to DDoS me, all I'd need to do is restart my cable modem. :rolleyes:

Nice. I'm glad you took preventative measures, not everyone does.

Euthymia
01-19-2015, 08:16 PM
All assets in game are owned by Trion. You can't sell something that someone else owns. Once the money is converted to game items there is no way to convert those items back to real money without breaking the terms of service.

Unless Trion does it themselves. If you have a bunch of Apex and want to quit the game, you could always ask for a refund on them.

Then again I doubt it would work since they'd probably assume you bought the Apex from other players and are trying to "cash out."

Trion is horrendously slow at moving against single offenders, they just have these large nets that catch people automatically. The resources to "manually" look at a single player will never be afforded, we barely even see GMs in game as bots run rampant, might as well wait for the supposed RNG land claim fix, which we know will never happen since marketplace updates take priority.

Trion is exceptionally slow at everything they do. Tickets that are costing them money go by unanswered for weeks. There's a thread around that would indicate that GMs would rather waste their time refunding materials to morons that can't double check before they click on something, than dealing with more important issues.

Dundun
01-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Isn't Naimi, like, near pushing daisies atm? Who cares about land on that server? /delete your toon and move to a new server before you end up losing all your stuffs in an imminent server merger anyways.

Ilyanna
01-19-2015, 10:39 PM
I imagine if merges happen, it will be the original launch servers that stay, and Naima is one of them.

Erotes
01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Isn't Naimi, like, near pushing daisies atm? Who cares about land on that server? /delete your toon and move to a new server before you end up losing all your stuffs in an imminent server merger anyways.

I doubt it. Naima is usually always busy.

Aeducan76
01-20-2015, 02:05 AM
4. RMT is not allowed in AA. Period. We're not talking about Apex here, we're talking about someone charging money to hack property for people. I'm guessing by your comments you're ok with this then?

No you guess wrong. I was joking about it being similar to Apex sales. Where the important part is joking.
You obviously overread the part "AFAIK ... bannable offense" - so itīs not ok.

What is ok in general, is aquiring multiple plots by legal means and sell those for in-game gold.

LiB
01-20-2015, 02:26 AM
I doubt it. Naima is usually always busy.

I agree... even during the early EU tz Naimia is busy.