PDA

View Full Version : Idea for fixing expired land grabs

Legolandas
01-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Hey, I think the current system with land grabbing is extremely unfun, punishes people based on things they cannot influence like latency and is just putting a hurdle in front of new players that want to get into the game. In my server people are selling 16x16 plots for 250g-500g and it's constantly the same few guys that keep hunting expiring spots, somehow they get them everytime. Imo this is very exploitative regarding other players and the game system.

Anyways, my idea would be that when land expires, it goes into "sale" mode for several minutes where players can put in some amount of labor into a box and the winner is selected by rng method. The land then becomes reserved with some placeholder building that expires in 24hours. Only player that is the owner of placeholder can have building/'s overlaping the placeholder zone.

I think having rng and labor included would stop people profiting so much from land grabbing and artificially inflating land prices. Also it would limit the amount of damage that hackers and scripters can do. It would level the playing field for anyone that wants land.Lastly, having labor price would also limit people that resell 5+ zones a day and would make it at least somewhat fair trade that has labor/silver price.

core2099
01-19-2015, 09:42 AM
A little too late Archeage will die a slow miserable death it deserves

FloatingFatMan
01-19-2015, 09:46 AM
This will be filed in the same suggestion box as the other 6516416541 threads on this subject.

It's round, and it's under Scapes' desk.