PDA

View Full Version : [PTS] Gazebo: Too Expensive

Galinndan
01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
The labor cost to build it, along with the conventional materials seems reasonable. What does not seem reasonable is it costing three-hundred (300) Tax Certificates and three (3) Land Expansion Permits. I believe that it costing one (1) Land Expansion Permit and one-hundred (100) Tax Certificates seems much more reasonable. If it costs the three (3) Land Expansion Certificates and three-hundred (300) Tax Certificates upon release, the only people able to afford it will be those who are filthy rich, those who own castles, and those who have multiple alternate accounts as land ♥♥♥♥♥♥. As of where it stands now, it costs ~912g 5s just for the items from the general merchant. In order to craft 300 tax certs you need 12,000 labor. If it's reduced to 100 tax certs, it would only cost 4,000 labor; which is reasonable. With it costing 300 Bound Tax Certs it seems like the company is pressuring people to spend credits on Worker's Comps so they'll be able to craft them.

TL;DR - Change the requirements of the Gazebo Farm from three-hundred (300) Tax Certificates and three (3) Land Expansion Permits to (100) Tax Certificates and one (1) Land Expansion Permit. Gazebos shouldn't cost ~912g5s, instead they should be ~312g5s.

Here is a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet that shows all the mats required to build the Gazebo Farm.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_BwBziPjNfv9WRZSx-3jNWUGemsrUD00r6DNqhFc7hk/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a link to an Imgur album showing all the crafting windows for said mats.
http://imgur.com/a/JQ702

Stonelotus
01-19-2015, 07:16 PM
First of all, you don't have to have a gazebo farm so Trion isn't pressuring anyone to get one. It's a convenience, not a necessity.

Secondly, you don't have to build it in one night so there's no pressure to chug labor pots.

Thirdly, the mat bundles and land expansion certificates are tradeable so not only do you not have to come up with all of the labor yourself, it will stimulate trade between players. If I'm not mistaken, even f2p players can craft bound tax certs (until now they just couldn't use them for anything) so they could benefit greatly by using their labor craft expansion certificates and mat bundles to sell or trade.

It should also be noted that by owning less farming properties with more space you don't take the extra hit on your overall taxes from owning more land. Over time you more than make up for the initial labor cost.

talizzar
01-19-2015, 08:15 PM
I agree. I think that 3 certs is a bit much along with 100 bound labor......Why does Trion care where the tax certs come from? Another cash grab or a way to run down loyalty points.

TheChoi
01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
You mentioned "Tax certs" and "auction house" when these are bound tax certs from converting labor.

Also, this is why I'm buying my land expansions off the marketplace. I can't afford that labor cost and I don't want to wait and spend more gold.

Animaester
01-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Save your loyalty. 3 days = 20 bound tax certs

Galinndan
01-19-2015, 11:35 PM
You mentioned "Tax certs" and "auction house" when these are bound tax certs from converting labor.

Also, this is why I'm buying my land expansions off the marketplace. I can't afford that labor cost and I don't want to wait and spend more gold.

Yea, I didn't notice they were bound at first. i'ma fix the post.

Galinndan
01-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Save your loyalty. 3 days = 20 bound tax certs

If you use your loyalty for that, you can't save it for the Sloth Glider :(

tzq
01-20-2015, 08:45 AM
First of all, you don't have to have a gazebo farm so Trion isn't pressuring anyone to get one. It's a convenience, not a necessity.

Secondly, you don't have to build it in one night so there's no pressure to chug labor pots.

Thirdly, the mat bundles and land expansion certificates are tradeable so not only do you not have to come up with all of the labor yourself, it will stimulate trade between players. If I'm not mistaken, even f2p players can craft bound tax certs (until now they just couldn't use them for anything) so they could benefit greatly by using their labor craft expansion certificates and mat bundles to sell or trade.

It should also be noted that by owning less farming properties with more space you don't take the extra hit on your overall taxes from owning more land. Over time you more than make up for the initial labor cost.

Although you can trade those mats, you need 5k Construction to craft a gazebo. Crafting all those mats gives you exactly 5k Construction.

JerryBoyle
01-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Gazebo farm is fine at it's current cost, you aren't suppose to easily have the best farm without much issue. Also, why can't you wait a few days?

Pwnocchio
01-20-2015, 01:09 PM
So is the gazebo farm 24x24 without the house?

Shantar
01-20-2015, 01:38 PM
It is 24x24 in size and has roughly the planting area of 2 16x16's scarecrow farms with a solid middle heaxagonal base that you can put decorations on like chests, regal workbenches etc.

joecci
01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Change the requirements of the Gazebo Farm from three-hundred (300) Tax Certificates and three (3) Land Expansion Permits to (100) Tax Certificates and one (1) Land Expansion Permit. Gazebos shouldn't cost ~912g5s, instead they should be ~312g5s.

I agree with the OP on this. Gazebo Farms are WAAAYY tooo expensive. besides the 900 gold + 12,000 labor you also end up spending an additional 8,000 labor on growing, harvesting and crafting the mats that go into the gazebo farm plan.

so in total you are spending 900 gold + cost of animals,saplings and seeds for the mats + 20k labor

that is just Too much. By reducing it down to 1 expansion certificate needed for the gazebo farm you've made it a much more reasonable thing to attain. That reduces the Total labor cost down to 12k labor and puts the Gazebo farm gold cost much more in line with other upgrades such as the black arrow upgrade.

aonbyte
01-21-2015, 01:17 AM
It's the BEST farm in-game guys. 12k labor and 900 gold is more than enough. You shouldn't be able to build the BEST farm in-game within minutes. It should not be cheap. It SHOULD be labor intensive and gold intensive. The current price is great.

LiB
01-21-2015, 06:29 AM
I think the existing in-game costs are perfect.

Why ?

1st: Because I sensed it was coming and prep'd for it... I now have the tax certs to build one and have the loyalty stocked to build another. By the time it launches I'll be ready to do another 2.

2nd: Think long term. If you're over your 4 property threshold then your being penalized via additional taxes. In this situation I'm able to consolidate 6 16x16 farms into 3 24x24s. Thats a base saving of 5 tax per 24x24 + removing the additional tax. Scale that over months.... There's the saving.

(Note: I've typed this whilst at work and so my numbers maybe off, but the principle of point 2 is what you should focus on)

joecci
01-21-2015, 07:50 AM
Another good reasons why it's not worth the price is the fact the Gazebo farm can't be placed in medium housing zones.

2 things they could change to make it worth the price are:

1) Make Gazebo farms able to be placed in medium/large housing zones &
2) Add some kind of way (similar to the farmer's workstation) where you can buy seeds, saplings & livestock from the gazebo portion of the farm.

THAT would make it worth the extra time and labor. Otherwise it's just a bit overpriced.

The Gazebo farm should have some way to purchase seeds, saplings and livestock. That would make this a viable option in Auroria where there is no way to buy those necessary materials to farm.

If those

LiB
01-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Another good reasons why it's not worth the price is the fact the Gazebo farm can't be placed in medium housing zones.

2 things they could change to make it worth the price are:

1) Make Gazebo farms able to be placed in medium/large housing zones &
2) Add some kind of way (similar to the farmer's workstation) where you can buy seeds, saplings & livestock from the gazebo portion of the farm.

THAT would make it worth the extra time and labor. Otherwise it's just a bit overpriced.

The Gazebo farm should have some way to purchase seeds, saplings and livestock. That would make this a viable option in Auroria where there is no way to buy those necessary materials to farm.

If those

Patience... Each port area in Auroria does get additional merchants in a future update.

Kitwyn
01-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Could they split the difference and make it 200 of each?

Darkmask
01-22-2015, 01:15 AM
I agree with the OP on this. Gazebo Farms are WAAAYY tooo expensive. besides the 900 gold + 12,000 labor you also end up spending an additional 8,000 labor on growing, harvesting and crafting the mats that go into the gazebo farm plan.

so in total you are spending 900 gold + cost of animals,saplings and seeds for the mats + 20k labor

that is just Too much. By reducing it down to 1 expansion certificate needed for the gazebo farm you've made it a much more reasonable thing to attain. That reduces the Total labor cost down to 12k labor and puts the Gazebo farm gold cost much more in line with other upgrades such as the black arrow upgrade.

Gazebo is not for everyone.. if you can't afford those mats/labor then dont build one.. Simple is that.

Actually 2 (16*16) is just good as one Gazebo (24*24). BUt of course Gazebo had little more area by 8*8. But in a long run there is some tax advantage. Assume you own 2 (16*16) and 1 Gazebo that is 53Tax per week, not bad. Afterall some tax advantage to own a Gazebo and some game achievement that people realized u have a Gazebo farm. :)

http://archeagefurniture.com/archeage-tax-calculator/

Falefilsen2
01-22-2015, 12:48 PM
I got a question guys, If i make an ALT with scarecrow garden quest 25 tax reward and 50 tax reward, is it possible to use that tax and craft 25 more for 1 land expansion cert?

LiB
01-23-2015, 02:37 AM
I got a question guys, If i make an ALT with scarecrow garden quest 25 tax reward and 50 tax reward, is it possible to use that tax and craft 25 more for 1 land expansion cert?

Sssshhhh.... don't give away one of the secrets in quickly building them.

Shantar
01-23-2015, 05:14 AM
You don't need to do the quests. Any alt will do just add them to family or make your scarecrow public so they can use it.

LiB
01-23-2015, 06:11 AM
You don't need to do the quests. Any alt will do just add them to family or make your scarecrow public so they can use it.

Someone needs a special snowflake so that they can increase their reading proficiency.

They were asking if they could save themselves 75 of the 100 bound tax certs required for crafting it if they rolled alts and did the quests which give rewards of the 8x8, 16x16 and 75 bound tax certs.

This does seem to be a valid game mechanic and saves the crafter 3000 labor every time.

(Note :- Really am getting fed up of people who respond without reading the f***ing question)

Xealias
01-23-2015, 07:00 AM

You don't need to do either of these unless the alt is on another account. Your farms/house/chests can be used by any of your chars while set to private, you just can't add decorations or move decorations unless you're using the char that owns the land.

LiB
01-23-2015, 07:30 AM
You don't need to do either of these unless the alt is on another account. Your farms/house/chests can be used by any of your chars while set to private, you just can't add decorations or move decorations unless you're using the char that owns the land.

It's not about using the land. It's about creating the land expansion permits at a dramatically lower labor cost.
The permits can be traded... so someone can, via rolling alts, make the 3x permits for a total of 3000 labor instead of 12000 by using the bound tax rewards from the quests.

Azurl
01-26-2015, 01:40 AM
I seriously doubt anyone at trion or xl games put any energy into the credit cost of the land expansion certificates... I mean wtf!!! to craft it costs 4100 labor and 300 gold. and they sell it for 650 credits?? the specialization snowflake costs 200 gold or 3000 credits, pls send these idiots back to school to learn math

Stonelotus
01-26-2015, 02:46 AM
I seriously doubt anyone at trion or xl games put any energy into the credit cost of the land expansion certificates... I mean wtf!!! to craft it costs 4100 labor and 300 gold. and they sell it for 650 credits?? the specialization snowflake costs 200 gold or 3000 credits, pls send these idiots back to school to learn math

I wouldn't be surprised if this were done to make buying the certs for credits more attractive than buying them off other players for gold and making it harder for f2p players to be able to make enough gold to buy APEX to get patron status. I would imagine land expansion certs right now are in much higher demand than snowflakes so there would be no need to make gold-per-credit prices inline.

That's the beauty of running the cash shop the way it is. You can inflate or deflate prices on items independently and artificially based on their demand to funnel players into using credits instead of gold.

tzq
01-27-2015, 07:14 AM

The recipe for land expansion certificate was non existent on other versions, thus they had to create it. They already had the cost in credits in advance, and tried to find out a recipe that would have a similar cost instead of using Snowflake or that tempering item as a conversion rate.
At least, on Kyrios (AH1), with current value of APEX, it costs ~300g for an expansion certificate.
So, with current APEX price, it's cheaper to buy through credits. However it'll be cheaper to craft it once APEX price increases.

Also, if you considerer that you get ~45% more space to plant in comparison to a thatched farmhouse, it costs nearly 45% more to craft a gazebo than a thatched farmhouse because of current prices on Stone Bricks.

Chiyome
01-29-2015, 11:45 AM
I completely agree! I successfully built mine on PTS but man was it a pain! I almost fell over when I saw the 3 land expansion certs needed! Those are NOT cheap at all! Totally would be nice if all was needed was one.

Shantar
01-29-2015, 02:03 PM
It was as easy to build on live as it was on PTS, just needed to plan a bit which in normal game play you would do. People are just trying to build it all in one go as it has only just been introduced and this makes it look like a huge thing to do which leads to the inevitable complaining. If the item was in game from day 1 it would not be a problem at all as you would plan ahead the same way you might plan ahead to get a manor house etc.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 06:12 PM
On KR Servers it's only in Marketplace from what I've heard. Be thankful they added a way for you to get it outside the market.