PDA

View Full Version : New to the game, need help with house.

Blakee
01-20-2015, 02:54 AM
I'm new to the game and really enjoying it so far. I'm a level 28 paladin currently. Anyway I bought a cheapo house and I'm looking to set it up at a plot, however all the places that are designated for housing seems to be full. I am patron status (not sure if that makes a difference or not). Is there something I'm missing or is everything just taken? I play on Aranzeb (think that's the name of the server). Character name is Scatt.

Thanks for the information in advance, I hope to keep playing the game, it's fun so far.

junweizhu
01-20-2015, 02:59 AM
This game has limited housing available, so it's possible every space has been taken. However, since people come and go, there will be plots around that is expiring and soon to demolish. Look for those plots and hope for the best or buy a plot from another player.

Ashina Sito
01-20-2015, 03:07 AM
First, you need to be a patron to own land.

Second, land is a limited resource. It can be hard to find an open space to place your house at. Some servers don't have any available plots, others do. I would suggest looking for space in PvP zones if you can not find any in PvE zones.

You might have to buy a plot from someone. I play on Enla, someone was selling a 16x16 in Sanndeep for 50g today. Every server will be different.

Also you can try an claim land from a demo. IF another player does not pay their taxes (after 2 weeks) their property will expire. Run though the zones your interested in, or all of them, look for land that has no plants or animals. Run up to the plot and check the info on it. See when/if it is going to expire and be there at the day and time. You might be able to claim the property.

Getting land will take time and effort. You can spend time searching and trying to get it on your own or you can spend the time earning the gold to buy from someone else. It is up to you.

Hodorr
01-20-2015, 03:08 AM
I'm new to the game and really enjoying it so far. I'm a level 28 paladin currently. Anyway I bought a cheapo house and I'm looking to set it up at a plot, however all the places that are designated for housing seems to be full. I am patron status (not sure if that makes a difference or not). Is there something I'm missing or is everything just taken? I play on Aranzeb (think that's the name of the server). Character name is Scatt.

Thanks for the information in advance, I hope to keep playing the game, it's fun so far.

Land is the only real resource in this game that is fixed in quantity per server. Many 8x8s on my server but don't expect to just "find" a 16x16 while looking.

2 Options:

Purchase a plot (look at your server sub-forum or ask a dealer for an idea of the price; demand a certed plot or deal with someone who is confirmed very reputable).

or

Try your luck at demolition time.

I've won a few but it took going to many, many plots. I suggest examining plots and taking a screenshot of those that are going up soon (with demo time and minimap in background). Rename the files by demo time (i.e., 01241621-dewtone-central.png for January 24th 4:21 PM, for instance). Let Windows sort by name. Get Hearafter Stones and try for as many as you can till you get one. Prey for low ping and no land hackers. I've been very lucky with plots that are pre-built but getting demoed. Most ppl don't check pre-built.

Fargrist
01-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Land hackers are those who use a buyable program to place houses on vacant land before anyone else can.

They do this because it's worth real money to them.

They will be your main competition in your quest to find a piece of land to build a house on.

Not sure why Trion likes this system because it means players looking for land are hoping that players leave the game, and then the whole having to deal with the hackers who monopolize the land. Some 10% of players own all the available land.

Good luck on your quest.

Aeducan76
01-20-2015, 03:16 AM
And donīt pay to much attention to Fargrist and the all present fear of landhackers and his BS of Landslords.

Donīt get frustrated when you loose the first demos, everybody did - there are plenty of tips in the forum how to win it.

Morrigan
01-20-2015, 03:20 AM
If you are up for it there should be land that is open in pvp zones on most servers.
It is not nearly as risky as new players often think.

Fargrist
01-20-2015, 03:24 AM
And donīt pay to much attention to Fargrist and the all present fear of landhackers and his BS of Landslords.

Donīt get frustrated when you loose the first demos, everybody did - there are plenty of tips in the forum how to win it.

I don't care if people on forums believe me or not, the poster will find out for himself.

Land hackers have already torn ArcheAge to shreds, the physical cap on players who can own land and the ease with which a handful of cheats can control all that limited land means that ArcheAge always had a hard cap on its potential for growth.

Which means growth of the game is impossible, not just because of the physical cap, but because of the two fold effect of players wanting others to leave the game so they can get land, and then unhappy former players dissing ArcheAge in other forums, reviews and game sites.

I'd prefer that not to be the case but it seems too late now.

Simonz
01-20-2015, 03:42 AM
My Advice for you, don't build a house.
Try to find someone to help you get a 16x16 Farm and then keep checking in all the housing area's for a spot to place it, most probably you will not find any, maybe if your lucky you can find in Auroria.
The reason I'm telling you not to buy a house, is that a house can be cool and all but as a new player you need a source of income and a house can never offer you that, while a farm can at least grant you a safe place where you can start to plant and farm what you need.

Hodorr
01-20-2015, 04:16 AM
Try to find someone to help you get a 16x16 Farm and then keep checking in all the housing area's for a spot to place it, most probably you will not find any, maybe if your lucky you can find in Auroria.
The reason I'm telling you not to buy a house, is that a house can be cool and all but as a new player you need a source of income and a house can never offer you that, while a farm can at least grant you a safe place where you can start to plant and farm what you need.

I would agree, but put down a house first and save as quick travel spot if you foresee traveling a lot to the farm and there is no Memory Tome very close. 3 mat packs is a small price to pay for a portal into your farm that you get to keep as long as you own the land.

Aeducan76
01-20-2015, 04:29 AM
Careful with that one. This is considered a bug as stated by Scapes and might well be judged as an exploit resulting in a ban - which would be overkill and totally unnecessary, but... ya never know ;)

Hodorr
01-20-2015, 04:31 AM
Careful with that one. This is considered a bug as stated by Scapes and might well be judged as an exploit resulting in a ban - which would be overkill and totally unnecessary, but... ya never know ;)

Saving a port and porting into your own land was never considered a bug or exploit AFAIK, if that's what you're referring to.

Orio
01-20-2015, 04:39 AM

I started on one of the newer, less populated servers. I realized that Farm spots are mostly already taken, but there was a plenty of free spots for medium and large houses. These are hard to take by landgrabbers since you need at least 100 gilda stars for a house design.

So I went with medium sized Swept-Roof chalet. The best cost effective are townhouses.

Vidalia
01-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Land bot hacking (at least on a hardcore scale) is definitely becoming a thing of the past. I was able to port my level 30 elf to Mahadevi last week and casually walk up and plant a 16x16 in a vacant spot near my Harani's home. I was even able to walk that "red" to a carpentry bench deep in enemy territory, make a lumber pack, donkey it to the site and construct with no interference from the locals. This is indicative that land is opening up, even in PVE areas, and that servers are perhaps dying (gasp! yeah, I said it). This was on the Lucius server.

Uhwop
01-20-2015, 01:34 PM

Haranya 16 house has a little more than an 8x8 worth of seed space, the Nuian house has even more.

I agree with you that they should go farm first, if they want to farm. However, I wouldn't say that a house doesn't offer a source of income. Especially when you can put things like regal forms, alchemy, handicraft, etc. in a house and make money crafting.

OP needs to start checking scarecrows and houses. There will be land out there that is available, it may be difficult and time consuming to locate though.

catzilla
02-08-2015, 08:09 PM
there is 24 by 24 plots open,you just need to travel awhile to find them

SilentSagas
02-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Real answer:

Buy $20 of credits. Use it to buy labor potions. Sell labor potions on AH. Ask in /faction for buying a house.

Wolfguarde
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Auroria is where you want to look for vacant 16x16 land plots. The land up there is undesirable for players with multiple properties, but ideal for someone who only has one 16x16 to place - perfect starter plots. Head up there and look around the plots in each area that aren't occupied by castles. There's bound to be a fair bit of vacant land up there.