PDA

View Full Version : Producer's Letter: New Year, New Updates!

Khrolan
01-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Greetings ArcheAge Players,

My name is Merv Lee Kwai, also known as "Khrolan", and I've recently had the honor of joining the ArcheAge team as a Producer. I became involved with ArcheAge during early Alpha stages and continue to play passionately today. Itís a pleasure to meet you and I know the future is going to be bright with us working together.

Over the past few months in ArcheAge weíve been fortunate enough to witness your stories unfold. Powerful player alliances have formed and fallen. Newcomers and veterans alike have made their marks on Erenor - hopefully not too many of those marks were made at the bottom of the Arcadian Sea in the form of a shipwreck. Weíre proud of how far youíve come and have exciting news to share about whatís in store for 2015.

One of our top goals for the New Year is to be more transparent when we communicate with you. It is our intention to fix a lack of information or detail, starting now. Itís important for us to reach out and provide the information you need to understand whatís in store for our future and how weíre going to get there. Youíll begin to hear a lot more from us on our forums, social channels and live streams. We will discuss game play issues and provide insight on where we are with future content updates at a much more detailed level then we have in the past. So letís get started.

Along the Shore

Since Auroriaís launch, weíve seen players combine efforts on a large scale to claim, build and maintain castles. Weíve seen successful sieges and successful siege defenses. War is a difficult undertaking and thatís largely due to the costs to wage battle and the comforts defenders receive. We will spend some time tuning siege mechanics to create a greater sense of risk and a more balanced interaction between competing guilds.

Serpentis and The Sea of Drowned Love have received a frequent amount of traffic since their release as players compete for their spoils. In order to encourage continued exploration of these dungeons, we have temporarily reduced their barrier to entry by providing easier access, entrance tokens and new quests that grant rewards like Lunadrops, Lunafrosts and temporary duration jewelry upon completion.

Weíve also felt your pain when it comes to deep fluctuation within the gameís economy. Market values of popular items rise and fall based on traditional supply and demand but there are items that have fallen outside of our desired values. Examples of this include the recent spike to regrade components and archeum crystals which ultimately led to some areas of crafting being cost prohibitive. To combat this issue, we will begin to slowly introduce alternative drop methods to the game--reminiscent of the way rumbling archeum saplings influenced the price of thunderstruck trees, but on a much more controlled level. The first way youíll see this occur is through a login event where you will receive free "Divine Gifts" under similar delivery methods as the Winter Maidenís stockings. These gifts will include various rewards including regrade materials up to Lucky Points.

A decision was reached to make available some of the most popular cosmetic and companion items through the loyalty system in addition to supply crates. This was seen most recently with the addition of the Sloth Glider. Other coveted items will follow this trend and thatís mostly due to player feedback!

On the Horizon

A main focus for the future of the product is improving the daily quality of life for ArcheAge players. We are shifting priorities to deliver game mechanics that some of the veteran players will recognize like the PvP Arena and Fishing Tournaments. We have a challenge here to ensure that the rewards for these systems are congruent with the way the game has evolved, but that obstacle should be solved in the near term and we will deliver these events as soon as theyíre finalized.

Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value. Itís important to us that a reward reflects the level of effort taken to obtain it and we realize thatís not always the case with this category. Normalization has become a bad word of sorts but we believe thatís something we can change through intelligent decisions.

Our future updates will also include an increase to the overall integrity and fairness of the game. Some of these are fundamental changes like adding a global trade channel to remove some of the spam from faction chat, the ability to ignore or refuse mail from blocked senders and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously. You may have also noticed recent efforts to purge players who employ third party programs to gain an advantage while playing Archeage. This is an on-going focus and is necessary to ensure everyone is on an equal playing field.

Over the next couple of weeks you will see the initial stages of the Diamond Shores introduction. For those of you who donít know, Diamond Shores is a new region thatís located in southwestern Auroria. Itís populated with creatures and quests that are designed to support the level cap increase to 55. It includes a new residential area and is the foundation for the best dungeon experience to date, the Ayanad Library. Weíre also excited to see how the introduction of Obsidian Weapons and additional skill points influence the classes you choose to play. Lastly, itís our Intent to ensure that Diamond Shores goes live as a contested Aurorian region which means open world PvP will be a component of game play in this zone.

Embarkation

As you can see, we have a multitude of positive changes on the horizon and we extend a hearty thank you to those of you who have provided constructive feedback about the direction in which we should be sailing. Please be sure to stay abreast of new content as it filters through our Public Test Server. We look forward to joining you on the sea in 2015 and watching as the waves you make resonate across Erenor. May your glasses never be empty and the wind always behind your sailsÖ except when turning, that wouldnít be helpful at all.

Safe Travels,

Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai
Producer - ArcheAge

Rahvin
01-22-2015, 04:21 PM
First again and welcome

Arialun
01-22-2015, 04:25 PM
to be more transparent when we communicate with you

Yes, Trion should do this since last year. I guess better late than never.

Some of these are fundamental changes like adding a global trade channel to remove some of the spam from faction chat, the ability to ignore or refuse mail from blocked senders and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously.

The bolded part, please consider make it like one or two unbuilt per account.

But still, players with multiple accounts can circumvent this limitation, so I hope Trion will have a better plan for this.

youtube Jasonwivart
01-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Talk is cheap lets so you actually communicate more with us. LIVE STREAMS you said, I can't wait to see this. More transparency, lets see 25 posts a day from trion in a day on the forums not radio silence for days at a time. Again talk is cheap lets see actions.

Nisel
01-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Hi Khrolan and welcome :) There is a huge concern as to the time it takes to level from 50 - 55 and it would be great if you could address it with your team.

Did you know that 50 - 51 takes about the same amount of time to level as 1 - 50? So in essence, we will be levelling the equivalent of 5x level 50 characters through grinding mobs and a handful of daily quests to kill x amount of mobs.

I'm sure everyone would really appreciate this being looked into carefully and adjusted for the NA/EU market. Personally as I levelled from 1 - 50 in about 3 straight days, I would expect 50 - 55 to take around the same amount of time. Considering the 50 - 55 content is hardly quest lines and more about grinding mobs, over and over again, without any exploration, if it takes an extremely long time, the game will suffer even more haemorrhaging an even larger player base. It happened in Korea and really hope it doesn't happen here.

John Small
01-22-2015, 04:49 PM
This feels like a Hartman letter. I see no dates for content, and clearly you guys didn't learn any lessons this past 5 months as you continue to make archeage;trion edition making changes nobody wants or has even asked for. You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.

It feels like not a single one of you actually plays videogames, even though the first thing you always say is
oh man we totally play those fancy vidya thingies"

And what the hell do you mean by only the initial stages? Wake up. You sitting on content isn't and has not ever worked. Every month you lose more players, yet here you are, hiring more people to do less work as if that's the way to make money.... goodness. Drop your western specific changes that nobody asked for, and just publish the game like you are suppose to.

If you want more conflict, then add all those nice systems from 1.7 and 1.8 that are very specifically pvp orientated. Don't butched the limited content from 1.0 further. You will regret it. The player base will hate it, and there will be even more balance and economy based issues that you will never resolve with some silly box event.

I feel like you guys make changes to our version just so you like, can justify your jobs. Like you sit around coming up with stuff, just because you are bored or something. Let me lay this out for you in the simplest of terms: if we wanted to play a western mmos, we wouldn't be playing a Korean mmo. Understand?

You guys like to start your posts off with "greeting ernoroians durr durr" as if you understood the ingame lore. But you clearly don't if you don't understand why auroria isn't a war zone. Just stop. Please.

sillywabbituk
01-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Lets hope you support the players! im still £300 out of poket dude to a bug when trying to obtain the sloth glider

and trion wont help me with this issue......

Unhyper
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Lets hope you support the players! im still £300 out of poket dude to a bug when trying to obtain the sloth glider

and trion wont help me with this issue......If you spent 300 pounds trying to get a virtual item, then I'm not sure even psychotherapy can help you with your issue.

Nisel
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.

It sounds like Diamond Shores will be a PvP zone but the Library is not. You hardly spend any time on Diamond Shores to level apart from maybe a couple of dailies to kill x amount of mobs. You will spend most, if not all of your time inside the Library, doing the same repetitive thing grinding mobs over and over again. Completing another killed x amount of mobs daily, then continue if you really want to get to 55 faster than anyone else.

If they make it a PvP zone, lets hope it is permanently war so we can at least earn some xp with our honor.

PS: Thunder Dash / Kraken Glider I hope are changed back to being some of the BiS in game. They're not easy to attain and right now Thunder Dash is slower than Stormdarter/Mirage Lion whilst Kraken Glider's "S" ability is removed and the Sloth Glider's "S" ability remains.

Rhime
01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
This feels like a Hartman letter. I see no dates for content, and clearly you guys didn't learn any lessons this past 5 months as you continue to make archeage;trion edition making changes nobody wants or has even asked for. You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.

It feels like not a single one of you actually plays videogames, even though the first thing you always say is
oh man we totally play those fancy vidya thingies"

And what the hell do you mean by only the initial stages? Wake up. You sitting on content isn't and has not ever worked. Every month you lose more players, yet here you are, hiring more people to do less work as if that's the way to make money.... goodness. Drop your western specific changes that nobody asked for, and just publish the game like you are suppose to.

If you want more conflict, then add all those nice systems from 1.7 and 1.8 that are very specifically pvp orientated. Don't butched the limited content from 1.0 further. You will regret it. The player base will hate it, and there will be even more balance and economy based issues that you will never resolve with some silly box event.

I feel like you guys make changes to our version just so you like, can justify your jobs. Like you sit around coming up with stuff, just because you are bored or something. Let me lay this out for you in the simplest of terms: if we wanted to play a western mmos, we wouldn't be playing a Korean mmo. Understand?

You guys like to start your posts off with "greeting ernoroians durr durr" as if you understood the ingame lore. But you clearly don't if you don't understand why auroria isn't a war zone. Just stop. Please.

Maybe you need to take a break from playing and eat something? Your negativity sucks balls.

Hehe
01-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value.

I'm sorry, but I think this could be a major issue. A lot of players have made decisions about certain mounts and even opted to skip others because there was nothing special and those chances to regain it may be permanently lost. In addition, certain other aspects of the game have been changed due to these designs, like how I constantly passed up costumes and even kraken glider chances in game because they provided no benefit, just cosmetic value. If anything, I think the changes should not be retroactive in all sense, and maybe only apply to new content thus assisting in negating old items and pushing for people to upgrade to new stuff.

Xithorus
01-22-2015, 05:30 PM
It sounds like Diamond Shores will be a PvP zone but the Library is not. You hardly spend any time on Diamond Shores to level apart from maybe a couple of dailies to kill x amount of mobs. You will spend most, if not all of your time inside the Library, doing the same repetitive thing grinding mobs over and over again. Completing another killed x amount of mobs daily, then continue if you really want to get to 55 faster than anyone else.

If they make it a PvP zone, lets hope it is permanently war so we can at least earn some xp with our honor.

PS: Thunder Dash / Kraken Glider I hope are changed back to being some of the BiS in game. They're not easy to attain and right now Thunder Dash is slower than Stormdarter/Mirage Lion whilst Kraken Glider's "S" ability is removed and the Sloth Glider's "S" ability remains.

Just to point out, the thunderdash is no way in hell slower than the stormdarter. Combined the stormdarters 2 boost = 70% move speed while the thunderdash 1 boost alone does 80% + you get a charge move for extra speed.

Nisel
01-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Just to point out, the thunderdash is no way in hell slower than the stormdarter. Combined the stormdarters 2 boost = 70% move speed while the thunderdash 1 boost alone does 80% + you get a charge move for extra speed.

Sorry, I should have clarified. It is faster due to the Stormdarter's boosts lasting longer vs. Thunder Dash boost + charge. If you race them the Stormdarter beats and can even catch the Thunder Dash since the Thunder Dash's abilities end earlier.

Thunder Dash's base speed is meant to be faster, not normalised. So by "upgrading" with the additional 30k honor, you're actually losing performance in it's current normalised state.

joecci
01-22-2015, 06:01 PM
@Khrolan -

A couple of changes I'd like to see implimented:

1) The ability to designate "decoration rights" to family members so that certain family members can pick up and move decorations around. It really frustrates my girlfriend that she can't decorate our house.

2) Make it so Merchant Cushions and Tutor Cushions can be activated by anyone withing the building's permission group. I.E. our fellowship plaza has a tutor cushion but only the owner of the plaza can activate it. Same goes for the house. If it's set to family any family member should be able to activate those cushions. If set to guild any guild member should be able to activate it.

3) Make a merchant cushion for Seeds/saplings & Livestock And/or make it so these items can be purchased from the Gazebo farm.

4) Rebalance the new Chest crafting recipes. These recipes are one of the effort/reward imbalances you spoke of in your original post. These should not require Thunderstruck trees. Let alone multiple trees to craft. Thunderstruck trees are simply too rare of a resource and the chests are too little reward for what you get out of it. A spacious chest which requires 2 thunderstruck TREES to craft costs only 850 credits on the marketplace which is a equivalient to 2 2/3 worker pots. If we are going by gold value alone at 70 gold per worker pot that would equate to 187 gold. A SINGLE thunderstruck tree costs 500-700 gold. So you can see the extreme imbalance here. What I recommend you should do instead is require rare crafting mats such as Maple hardwood, aspen hardwood etc. For instance 20-40 aspen hardwood instead of TS trees would be still be difficult to come by but could be readily attained with consistent effort. It would also give those mats greater value and reason to farm them.

5) Gazebo Farms Need rebalancing - These are VERY expensive to make and you really don't get as much bang for your buck. All having a gazebo farm does is take the place of 2 16x16s and allows you to throw a few crafting benches on it. Simply put its not worth the 1000 gold and 20k labor it takes to craft one. I'd rather keep my 16x16s which are easier to find open land for. I mean you can't even place these farms in medium housing zones which is what many of us have been saving spots for. So 1 of 2 things need to happen to fix this. 1) reduce the number of expansion certificates required to craft it to 1 Expansion cert. OR 2) Add more value to them by making them able to be placed in medium housing zones as well as having a Seed/sapling/livestock merchant built into it similar to a farmer's workstation. THAT would make it worth the 2 additional expansion certs in my mind. It would also make it a more desired option for Auroria where there aren't any seed merchants. Which brings me to my last point.

6) You need to add Seed, Sapling, Livestock & Carpentry Merchants to Auroria along with the basic Smelting, sawmill & stone mason benches. I i mean I can get by without the crafting benches but the merchants really need to be there. I mean you have the general merchant and mirage portal there, why not the others?

7) Make ships tradeable. We have had many ppl quit playing archeage and on their way out they've wanted to donate their ships/vehicles to the guild, but they couldn't because vehicles and ships are bound. This makes no sense as you can easily trade the plans but not the finished vehicles. There needs to be a way to trade vehicles or at least "demolish" the vehicle and then trade the plan off to someone else. However I don't see why you can't do the former because you can currently sell built houses and all the items within it... so why not ships as well? It would really help fuel the economy.

8) the ability to breakdown bound armor drops such as GHA gear. This would be an easy way to help fix the archeum shortage in the game. People already farm these dungeons and more often than not we have to simply throw away green armor items that drop. These should be allowed to be broken down and used to craft other armor & weapons or added to the AH to help balance out the economy. They don't drop often enough to create a drastic change as farming mobs still gives greater yield per hr but it's a supplementary way to balance out the Archeum shortage.

9) Increase labor production. - Right now people are leaving the game left and right because of labor shortage. ppl simply can't keep up with their taxes and play the game because they don't have enough labor to do so. On the PTS I have just the right amount of labor. 20 labor / 5 minutes makes the game playable and liveable. It allows me to pay my taxes but still have enough labor left over to do other things. Buy pushing this to the live server it would help drive down the prices of tax certs & labor pots to more reasonable levels. I also end up playing more because of the extra labor and I get frustrated less because I'm not stressing out about taxes and labor pots. The 10 labor/5 min for FTP players also makes the game playable for them as well. More FTP players = higher server populations. Higher server Populations = more PvP more fun more player driven content. Lots of ppl having fun = a more popular game with more loyale players telling other gamers to download archeage. More ppl playing AA = more profit for Trion. See the big picture here? I hope so, because server populations are slowly dying and you are steadily heading toward a server merge on the low population servers. And unlike other games, a server merge in Archeage will = death to player population. If I lose all of my land I'm simply going to quit the game. If you merge 3 severs together, you will lose 2/3rds of the total players that were on those servers for good, because only 1/3 of those players will get their land back and the rest will be left high and dry. At the very least you will lose 1/3 of the total population of those 3 severs. By upping the labor gen this game becomes way more fun and sustainable to play for more players. This would keep more players in the game as well as attracting new ones. It makes the game more accessible to casual players that have jobs and responsibilities who don't have a lot of time to game... but who DO have money to pay for a patron subscription ;) and it has all of the other beneficial effects mentioned above. If you are worried this will cause players to own more and more properties you can couple it with a property limit of 6 total properties per account. This will reduce/deter the amount of land barons in the game and balance property ownership a little more.

10) And lastly Do more fun wacky events. I just saw a video of the Beta end event you guys did and it looked ridiculously fun. GMs were running around as giants taking on players. Krakens were being spawned all over the place. You guys should do events like that every 1-3 months where the GMs take on the players and if we kill one we get a really cool prize or rare drop. It would be a really awesome way to engage/bond your player community, build loyalty for the game, make it more fun and light hearted as well as adding content to the game. Hell I'm looking for a job, if you want to hire me to run these events let me know and I'll send you my resume lol.

Nirvii
01-22-2015, 06:21 PM
@Khrolan. Please take a good care on siege please. Right now every servers are getting stale and nothing to do. Without a hope in siege, people have nothing to do but dungeon,trade packs, and fishing. Those people who quitted were bored to hell because nothing for them to do but farmville if dungeon is not their taste. Siege at the moment is far too pro defenders than attackers. Almost all big guilds in server got the castle, the rest disbanded cos they already gave up on this impossible siege fight. Not even those big guilds who had the castles even attempt to take another castle, they just sit there doing nothing too.

Since there is new producer coming in, i would like to take one more time to summary what really a situation on the siege:
What really happened:
-Siege overall pro defenders a lot more than attackers. It made attackers gave up on most servers, making the situation very stale at the moment for all server.
-Defenders just send one fake guild to bid and fake win it to receive free 20k gold every 3 week while attackers on most servers already give up. Not to mention there are so limited big guilds in each server making any big guilds in the server able to horde this peace fund for long time gaining max advantages against defenders. There is no catch up here, and most of the attackers already give up so no real action.
-Siege tanks/Siege towers/Siege trebs are way too weak. It is getting 3-4 shots by 1 lone archer. Defenders doing nothing but changed everyone into stealth archer, and send some in to kill the sieges very easy. ALso why would you spend 1000g for 1 treb that get destroyed in 15second by 1 person?
-Siege tank/Treb range is the same as cannon. Making the defenders doing nothing but hold the line of fire for cannon on the wall. As long as they can shoot the cannon, the castle will never break.
-Anti glider ability is too OP and able to use 24/7. This also prevent attackers from gliding to the wall. It sucks to be unable to get up on the wall just because that god damn ability had prevented every possible way for attackers to attack on the wall. Defenders doing nothing but being archer shooting free from range. Siege tower?, got destroyed miles away before reaching the wall by 1-2 archers... How can you expect us to get up the wall?
-Housing/Unfinished Housing blocks all the availiable area. Defenders are known to put this unfinished/finished house plot on to the surrounding area to prevent attackers from spawning 20-30 tanks at once. This is kinda ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to see it happens. We cannot destroy any housing/unfinished housing at all. Some even place the guild hall to be a high ground pro defenders, which so hard for attackers to get up and so easy for defender to get in or shoot the top by cannons.
-Terrain design around the castle are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. There is not enough space but cliff, so all the area are reachable by cannon range. Smart defenders also place the gatehouse in the direction that there is nothing but small area and a cliff so that it will not ever get destroy. This is frustrating.
-The castle heart buff criteria are unarchiveable. You asked us to destroy so many walls and even the gatehouses. In a normal practice, we only able to down 1-3 walls, that's the maximum no. The buff required you to destroy 7-10 walls and a gatehouse? What a joke...
-Too strong wall/gatehouse/tower/cannon. Since we cant deploy 20-30 tanks at once due to all the area got eaten by those unfinished houses (planted by defenders), we cannot destroy those walls in time by sieges, and unable to do any significant dmg without the siege (when most of them are gone in 1min due to constant harassment from stealth defenders)
-Line of sight bug on Siege harpoon/Explosive kegs. What a joke here trion? Why do you still have this "no line of sight" bug on this?
-Too high damage on cannon. Nuff said, you put lv55 cannon without dmg nerf to kill lv50 players. What a load of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ here?
-Guilds are helping out each others by sending members into the guilds during siege without a consequence. There should be guild leaver's penalty or some sort to prevent this.

How to solve:
-Make all the housing in the siege zone destroyable. Otherwise, there wont be enough space for attackers to place siege
-Make siege tanks/trebs/towers immune to normal damage. (or at least have a lot more defense than this 3-4 shot down lol) Let defenders spawn their tanks to kill attacker's tank. Let defenders spawn their treb to counter attackers. I see no skill for defender to spec archer/stealth and just zerg in to destroy tanks and hug the walls for easy win every week.
-Give less range to cannon (or more range to treb) so that a treb can actually fire on wall without getting 3-4 shots by cannons. Defenders should have to make their way down the wall to kill it. Otherwise there is no point to invest in 1000g which get destroyed in 15sec.
-Reduce the duration of the Anti Gliding skill of the defenders. Right now, with this, there is no chance for attackers to glide up the wall and destroy their defense. You need to give defenders some time gap to glide up.
-Get some respawn cooldown to defenders as well so they dont repeatly send some suicide squad to kill our trebs/tanks again without some consequence.
-Change the reward, peace fund sucks cos it give too much advantage to defenders. 20k gold is not a small amount, you can actually fund all the members free buff or purchase at least 10 tanks for free.

Acruxio
01-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Hi @Khrolan and welcome ! after reading ur post i started feeling very positive,finally someone that will fix things~ i hope u can make the change we need to keep playing this awesome game ^^ give info to the players is great and is always a good sign of improvement.

Merax
01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Welcome Khrolan! Agree with a lot of what you say, but to paraphrase what others have said - we've been burned before with this kind of thing. If you can maintain a regular presence on the forums addressing issues that are important to a large part of the community and help to implement some sensible changes to the game, you'll have a massive fan base. If you don't....well let's just say that I hope you succeed :)

Khrolan
01-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for making me feel welcomed and for the additional comments/feedback. You'll see a lot of me in the near term and I plan to appear on PTS frequently. There's a lot of good ideas in this thread already and I appreciate you taking the time to write them up. I want to make it clear that creating change in the game is a challenge but one I'm willing to undertake. I do believe that change is something that needs to occur over time so we can tune in small steps as to not have a huge impact on portions of game play people have become comfortable with. This is particularly true with sensitive mechanics like sieges, normalization and labor.

As a side note, we'll be streaming live tomorrow afternoon from the ArcheAge twitch channel at 4:30pm PST. I hope to see you there!

-Khro

Nisel
01-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for making me feel welcomed and for the additional comments/feedback. You'll see a lot of me in the near term and I plan to appear on PTS frequently. There's a lot of good ideas in this thread already and I appreciate you taking the time to write them up. I want to make it clear that creating change in the game is a challenge but one I'm willing to undertake. I do believe that change is something that needs to occur over time so we can tune in small steps as to not have a huge impact on portions of game play people have become comfortable with. This is particularly true with sensitive mechanics like sieges, normalization and labor.

As a side note, we'll be streaming live tomorrow afternoon from the ArcheAge twitch channel at 4:30pm PST. I hope to see you there!

-Khro

Good stuff Khro :) One quick question, do you think Trion will take a stance against guilds that create alt-guilds with the sole purpose to buy their own siege scroll and siege block? It means there is no siege content lol.

Bunnyleptic
01-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the team. Nice to see some positive changes.

However I have some concernes:

snip...

A decision was reached to make available some of the most popular cosmetic and companion items through the loyalty system in addition to supply crates. This was seen most recently with the addition of the Sloth Glider. Other coveted items will follow this trend and that’s mostly due to player feedback!

Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value. It’s important to us that a reward reflects the level of effort taken to obtain it and we realize that’s not always the case with this category. Normalization has become a bad word of sorts but we believe that’s something we can change through intelligent decisions.

"A decision was reached to make available some of the most popular cosmetic and companion items through the loyalty system in addition to supply crates."

Does this mean that my beloved Mirage Bjorn will be available in Loyalty Store very soon??

"Another goal is to review mount normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value."

Oh god, I'm going to hold my breath on this one.

Why did you decide to change the mounts?! If you change this, we will again see most people run around in Black Arrows etc etc which is very unfair. Why having so many mounts in a game when their speed is not up to bar with other mounts anyways?

I love the "normalisation" as it currently is. Don't change this. I see many people running around on all different kinds of mounts now, and if you change this, people will only use the most powerful mounts and all the other mounts will be forgotten.

Please don't do this, leave the mounts as they are.

PS: From a mountloving ArcheAge player; I love mounts in this game.

Bunnyleptic
01-22-2015, 07:01 PM

And I agree with this one. Leave Diamond Shores as it is, don't make it a pvp zone.

Rahul
01-22-2015, 07:02 PM
This is the first time I've felt reassured by something a rep from Trion has said.

Maybe there is hope for the game afterall. Thank you! And welcome to the team :)

Khrolan
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
@Bunnyleptic, We've seen a lot of positive comments about the Sloth Glider being available for LP. This doesn't mean we're in a hurry to throw everything on the Loyalty Store. Future items will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. About mount normalization - I doubt we'll see Black Arrow or Thunder Dash speeding across zones like we did in Alpha and any changes here will be small and incremental.

@Johnsmall, Diamond Shores will likely be introduced as a contested Aurorian zone similar to the 6 others. However, the Ayanad Library and will remain as a no-PvP area to promote dungeon crawling and leveling. I'll explain reasoning in a future article as this is a hot topic.

Shabachi
01-22-2015, 07:41 PM
@Khrolan, Here's the obligatory post asking about any updates to submarines. Since you are a new producer me and every other deep sea enthusiast is waiting for some more concrete information in regards to the submarine rebalancing. Throw us a bone?

Bunnyleptic
01-22-2015, 07:42 PM
@Bunnyleptic, We've seen a lot of positive comments about the Sloth Glider being available for LP. This doesn't mean we're in a hurry to throw everything on the Loyalty Store. Future items will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Aww, there goes my hope, in flames.
I feel sad since Trion put Mirage Bjorn in a RNG-box :(

Thanks for your fast reply though.

Khrolan
01-22-2015, 07:48 PM
@Shabachi, Submarines are awesome and I've always wanted one. There's only been small talk about them at this point but it's on the list of things to discuss. As you mention they're undergoing a balance review and the results of that aren't concrete.

Janek
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
So many producers, and AA is far far behind AA from Korea..
we still in 1.2 not fully patch...

AA team is trying to work with bots cheats exploits , slowly but i see a progress so its big +, but last month/months biggest problem is game economy, crafts etc..

in first month if i remember correct Trions increased drops from jester coinpurses..its time to check drop rate again and boost it again. or add small patch from 1.7 version with Mirage archeum trees.

Amary
01-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Archeum supply and how it enters the economy right now (i.e. not enough) is way high on the "needs attention" list. :)

masamune
01-22-2015, 08:06 PM
its nice to finally see a dev giving us much warranted/needed info we have been asking for months to have. i hope you keep up the good work, the lack of communication almost killed this great game, time will tell if it truely gets better but it is nice seeing devs respond in forums rather than no response for 2-5 days.

Janek
01-22-2015, 08:12 PM
im fully agree , good to see mods/devs/producers communicating with players on official forum, not only on reddit site
at least we know U are here guys/girls and u reading our posts:))

Midgar
01-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi Khrolan, welcome to the team !

I currently play on a dead server, five people running around in caernord in primetime, poeple keep quitting because there is no interest on playing on a dead server. So is there ANY projects of server merge or anything related? Because this is getting insanely frustrating. I know it implies land issues, but please, tell me something is coming up, (soonish..) because starting over on a new server after spending 5 months on hardcore farming would kill me

Anj
01-22-2015, 08:18 PM
@Khrolan

Welcome! It's better late than never, I guess.

To add on to suggestions:

I've recently opened up 10 divine boxes and I didn't receive any Moonpoints or Sunpoints. I think the rate needs to be increased. It's stuck at 50g on the Auction house on the first day.(not a good sign) I think the only ones profitting here are bots that have multiple accounts. Normal players aren't getting anything worthwhile.

There needs to be better ways of distribution than wait x minutes to receive a gift since any person can just run multiple computers. Why not increase the rewards for dungeons? I've completed my serpentis set and that's it... there's no other reward other than helping people out. Normal players are stagnant whereas bots profit and people buy gold because they aren't profiting.

Dungeons are where people should be rewarded with moonpoints , sunpoints, archeum, etc. and not RNG afk boxes that bots can just auto click. It takes skill and effort to attain these rewards so bots won't be able to complete it.

Also, the perfect lunafrosts are pretty useless... the majority of players have %skill lunafrost from honor points already for their weapons so these don't help at all.

It's a step in the right direction, but the rewards are terrible. :(

I, too, still enjoy the game. There is a lot of work to be done and a lot of communication that has to be handled effectively.

P.S. Denormalize mounts please! :)

Cheers.

Shabachi
01-22-2015, 08:22 PM
@Shabachi, Submarines are awesome and I've always wanted one. There's only been small talk about them at this point but it's on the list of things to discuss. As you mention they're undergoing a balance review and the results of that aren't concrete.

I am a sad firran, oh well I'll take what I can get and continue to don my swim fins.

sillywabbituk
01-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Archeum supply and how it enters the economy right now (i.e. not enough) is way high on the "needs attention" list. :)

How about making people feel like they dont have to pay cash shop to compete.... and stop scaming people with RNG boxes.

Jagmas
01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
How long does it take to "normalize" the Timber Coupe? Seems like its been a few months. Also would love to see the housing changes in sooner rather than later (ie two story farmhouses etc)

Kino
01-22-2015, 08:33 PM
How about making people feel like they dont have to pay cash shop to compete.... and stop scaming people with RNG boxes.

How about stop buying them. Cuase your the source of their problems

Khrolan
01-22-2015, 08:33 PM
@Midgar, We actively watch population distribution and understand the challenges of some of the lower traffic servers. There are a lot of moving parts with this answer so all I can say at this time is we know it's a concern. I would rather work to stimulate the population of these servers before considering things like merges.

@Anj, I've heard the same thing a couple times today but for me it's hard to make a conclusion around a day of opening 10 boxes. You're right in saying that the rewards aren't immediate and aren't going to be beneficial to players who already have better stuff. The boxes are free though and the last thing I want to do is drastically devalue a prime market. Gradually influence it? Yes. Let's see how this pans out.

kuti
01-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Did you know that 50 - 51 takes about the same amount of time to level as 1 - 50? So in essence, we will be levelling the equivalent of 5x level 50 characters through grinding mobs and a handful of daily quests to kill x amount of mobs.
ur info is wrong
50>51 - ~3kk exp
51>52 - ~9kk exp
52>53 - ~18kk exp
53>54 - ~44kk exp
54>55 - ~96kk exp

Kobe
01-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the team, Khrolan.

There are many problems with AA as you already know so I'm not going to list them here, but I just hope you can do a better job than the previous producer, that's all. Good luck!

Khrolan
01-22-2015, 08:42 PM
I just wanted to let you all know I'm hopping off the forums for tonight but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning with my answer-most-of-the-things hat on. Feel free to continue commenting and I'll catch up asap! Until then, play nice, or try to, or whatever.

-Khro

Midgar
01-22-2015, 08:46 PM
@Khrolan Thanks for your answer. I'm verry happy to see changes (or at least I hope there will be), definitly looking forward anything that could boost up my server, because the game is completely fine to me, just a server issue beeing empty and people constantly leaving. As long as its alive with an active population (which is currently not the case sadly), the game rocks. Hope you'll put all your work into that or if it fails, into some kind of merge mechanics.

Gmnotutoo
01-22-2015, 08:46 PM
I just wanted to let you all know I'm hopping off the forums for tonight but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning with my answer-most-of-the-things hat on. Feel free to continue commenting and I'll catch up asap! Until then, play nice, or try to, or whatever.

-Khro

Will we ever see the stats returned to the crafted costumes?

bwuki
01-22-2015, 08:53 PM
eyyy bby u said you was in during the alpha stages, was that as a player or as a trino employee? if it was as a player, what guild was you in?

P.S thnx for maybe hopefully saving this game from becoming an even bigger cesspool.

also - costumes? pls stats thnx +

imnotyoda
01-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Welcome! This is exactly the kind of excitement and change we've been BEGGING for! I am excited!

evadedfx
01-22-2015, 09:03 PM

-Khro

I like you so far.

cutegurl18
01-22-2015, 09:05 PM
are we fishers gonna keep suffering this 5-10fps fishing bug and let the gankers kill us without having a chance to fight coz we are sluttering like hell?

BlackSheep1121
01-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Am I alone is feeling weirded out by this? After so much disappointment after wanting this type of engagement for so long, I just don't know what to think. So confused.

Akilahon
01-22-2015, 09:13 PM
@Khrolan Hey! good to have this MUCH needed communication with the devs/producers! i have a question regarding Auroria and the drop rate. Do you folks at Trion have any plan to revisit the actual drop rates? Obtaining Auroria gear or haunted chest for capes is REALLY rare, ive personally never seen a haunted chest drop, yet some people have had plenty, is there any plan to check the drop rates or slightly upgrade em or let us know the actual drop rates? the only information we have regarding those drop rates are from a page that is most likely based on KR or RU drop rates.

masamune
01-22-2015, 09:17 PM
are we fishers gonna keep suffering this 5-10fps fishing bug and let the gankers kill us without having a chance to fight coz we are sluttering like hell?

+1 agreee can we get a fix for this? its like hey go use your labor for pirates to take your fish as u lagged out to the max due to fish replication bugs. def needs be adressed tho, that and the fishfinder fallthru bug, nothing like gettin jumped cant grab your wheel and fall thru to water. fishing is like the max chill/fun the few times it doesnt happen.

maiyah
01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
@Midgar, We actively watch population distribution and understand the challenges of some of the lower traffic servers. There are a lot of moving parts with this answer so all I can say at this time is we know it's a concern. I would rather work to stimulate the population of these servers before considering things like merges.

Sounds good to me!

Kobe
01-22-2015, 09:27 PM
What are your plans on fixing archeum scarcity?

Richinja
01-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Can we please have some info on the Timber Coupe ._. D:

Infraction
01-22-2015, 09:35 PM

I hope so these regrade scrolls im collecting are going to collect dust if I don't have any useful gear to regrade.

Infraction
01-22-2015, 09:38 PM

-Khro

Can you give a little more insight on the timetable and methods you hope to ease the pain of the shortage of archeum?

VelvetX
01-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Honestly one of the major problem's is they keep trying to hold back content and do it piece by piece rather than adding in thing's that everyone that play's the game know's will fix it. It would be better to add it sooner than later and there really isn't anything to work on seeing as how they only implement thing's they don't really code it themselves and we've already estabilished them trying to balance or change anything without asking/paying attention to the community doesn't work the "normalization" as Khrolan stated is a really bad word to use for it and i can truely say it's done nothing put piss people off. The only thing anyone wanted done was the rng changes so they weren't as extreme as korea and to translate it. I mean don't get me wrong i love the game but there's only so much people can take no one from na wanted the "westernized gamble boxes" like people have already stated we play korean games because their korean games don't scam us for money just take it in fair sales it's really not that hard doing these chance based thing's pretty much drives off allot of people from either A. playing the game or B. ever spending money on it. And the argument that "having thing's to just outright buy in the market place is pay to win" does not fit this game because player's can purchase and sell apex for which free to play player's can then buy and obtain said market place item's in the end it's a win win for everyone.

kyte
01-22-2015, 09:52 PM
A suggestion I hope someone sees:

Please please please... (ask XL if Trion cannot, to) change the farm cart physics when they're standing still.

I know a ton of people have probably already complained about it, but I'm not suggesting that farm cart blocking be completely bannable (like on a bridge or on a ramp, not actually around the traders), nor am I suggesting that anyone could push the cart out of the way.

I'm actually suggesting something that makes sense here...

If farm carts/wagons can push people/mounts, shouldn't they also be able to push other carts out of the way??

It goes like this.
Require fuel, perhaps, and/or a collection of multiple farm wagons working together to push one out of the way. It just makes no physical or game sense to have a single person cause so much grief and annoyance to hundreds of people just by lining their farm wagon blocking a bridge.

Or... you could make them not able to push people/mounts, which makes no sense and causes much more problems than good in a collision-based MMO.

That's why I recommend allowing a wagon to push a cart for example. To push a wagon, you may need 2 wagons, or a car. Or perhaps 1 with fuel. The point is you must escalate and thus spend more money/risk more gear than the other to push it out of the way. If a cart is moving, that's another thing entirely, which I think they work just fine right about now in movement.

It's only when a cart/wagon is sitting still that it can't be pushed by any means bothers me.

Think of it this way... More trade pack runs = more money which leads to more gameplay and more fancy ships blowing up in glorious battle. The fact that in a peaceful zone there currently isn't anything stopping a person from blocking common trade routes (i.e. Dewstone Plains bridge, or marionople bridges). Even if you use rider's escape, you have a 30 minute cooldown so the blockers simply make multiple layers.

I love this game, but sometimes it just feels like there are a few too many problems that can literally cause someone to rage-quit and never pay real money for another APEX/monthly subscription again.
I have RL friends who loved this game too, (even more than me! They both were trailblazers and played on the alpha) but for so many little reasons they never re-upped their subscription once it ran out. By no means am I saying this one change could bring them back, but it could be causing more people to leave in the future.

Trion, I know it must be a pain to deal with both XL games a few radions around the planet away, and us players nitpicking at everything, but I simply fear that this game will have nobody playing it sooner than later if it keeps being such a pain to many people, at its current rate. Get more people involved in the developer circle, communicate more, and hopefully we both can get out of this rut quick enough to save such a beautiful game concept.

I do like the current changes though, with the divine presents expanding archeum drops and the like. Keep it up :)

Pomponella
01-22-2015, 09:55 PM
hi, Khrolan, gz to your new job ! I hope you got a good contract, so all player can try their best to join you optimistic views into a misty future where things will be more clear to the all AA players.

I didnt read all the text you wrote in detail atm, its a long quest text, no time to solve this quest atm ;) just kidding .

I scanned your text trying the term: Apex, so my constructive and optimistic question to you is:

-What you guess where Apex price will go now and later?

-How much time, a so called Free Players (the guys how buy Apex IN game WITHOUT spending Euros/Dollars ) need to spend to enjoy the WHOLE game.

-Is it important to you, to treat the `Free` Player/costumer relative to the `Apex buying` player/costumer in an equal way. If yes , why ? If not, why not ?

of cause there are player like me buying an Apex for real euros/dollars here and there. My goal is to play just as free player cause i was kind of forced to buy Apex for real euros/dollars to go on playing AA without spending a tremendous time. I still have a real live and still want to relax playing AA for free.

thx for you optimistic answer in advance. keep up AA running pls as best as you can, its still a good f2p game atm :) regards Pompo :)

Rhime
01-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Welcome Khrolan,
One thing I'll never figure out is why aren't there more guild systems in place? Where are the guild mass mails, officer-only mail, MotD's, guild perks and bonuses, guild incentives, guild banks, guild halls, etc etc?
Anything coming to make guilds matter more?

aram
01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
What are your plans on fixing archeum scarcity?

Please answer this one... it is terrible at the moment.

AjuntaPall316
01-22-2015, 10:28 PM
First, I would like to say "Welcome Khrolan". It's great to see someone with passion for this game for a change. As one of the few remaining Alpha/Beta players left playing this game, I watched/played eagerly awaiting the games release, and enjoyed reading, watching streams of updates up until release... Then... nothing. Archeage seemed to drop off of Trion's radar, and the forums devolved into nerd rage and despair, while the game drifted in the currents of spam, hacks, and RNG money grabs. I don't think there has been a single stream since release, save maybe for 1 at Auroria's launch. Hardly any updates, except for when there are new marketplace items or new ways for Trion to make money. All we ever see from Trion is a giant middle finger. I think everyone had written Trion, and sadly Archeage, off as a losing cause. I REALLY hope, you are here to combat this as you seem to be. It has been MORE than frustrating, playing a game that has been chopped up, and delivered in parts over 5 months, of a game that we played and loved during Alpha/beta, and that's not even taking into account all of the hacking, "normalizations", and RNG box money grabs that we have endured.

Bottom line is, these months have spelled out everything that is wrong with Archeage... and while some (most) things have conflicting complaints, the majority voice seems pretty clear. So now, it apparently falls on you good sir... The fate of Archeage is in your hands now... no pressure.

Arkness
01-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Can you please give us any update on Timber Coupe? It shouldn't take so long to tweak one vehicle.... Maybe consider putting it in game in its alpha state and update it once you have the tweak ready.

Bloks3
01-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Try not to ♥♥♥♥ up diamond shores launch up like you did auroria, k thanks.

Arialun
01-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Try not to ♥♥♥♥ up diamond shores launch up like you did auroria, k thanks.

Don't jinx it! It might happen again, you know ...

Galinndan
01-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Yes, Trion should do this since last year. I guess better late than never.

The bolded part, please consider make it like one or two unbuilt per account.

But still, players with multiple accounts can circumvent this limitation, so I hope Trion will have a better plan for this.

I also think unbuilt structures should cost more taxes per week.

Fillyfooler
01-23-2015, 01:17 AM
How about an answer on the speed mirage donkey is supposed to go after the "fix" that we have been waiting months to hear anything about? We know it's broken, and that it's not supposed to go as fast as it is sideways/backwards, but we still haven't heard about if it's current forward speed is the intended speed (with appropriate sideways/backwards reductions) or if that part is also broken, and is supposed to be faster/slower (with appropriate sideways/backwards reductions). A simple "It's supposed to run at X m/s" is all we have been waiting for ever since the first day it was released and labeled as broken.

Hopefully you can change the prevalent appearance that trion doesn't care about it's playerbase unless it directly affects their profits (a quick glance at the dev tracker is dominated by responses only to issues with subscriptions/purchases/marketplace updates with the odd "well that isn't supposed to happen, put in a ticket and someone might get around to an automated response in a few weeks") and bring it back to where it actually looks like they care about making the game enjoyable for the long-term and not just short-term credit card milking of whales.

This game has tremendous potential to last for quite a long time and with a flourishing playerbase, yet blatant disregard for bots/hacks/exploits, people reported countless times for using bots/hacks/exploits, and countless broken/missing/normalized/improperly tuned content has driven off huge amounts of people that loved the alpha/beta.

Regardless, the players themselves are doing the best they can with what they are given, but there is only so much they can do when we haven't even gotten the rest of the content that was available in alpha and the cash shop boxes continue to radically upset the economy and viability of multiple playstyles.

Dialis
01-23-2015, 01:21 AM
I'll explain reasoning in a future article as this is a hot topic.

Hopefully its as rock solid as the reasoning behind the rest of Trion's deviations.

I cannot Kappa hard enough.

rpgmaniac
01-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Welcome Khrolan, sorry for being negative here but I don't believe that your presence here will have any significant change for the better, the game is more or less dead for over a month now since I quit, & even before I quit it was the same thing really, but I don't loose anything to write down what's the reason imo that the game die & after you are free to read my thoughts & forget/ignore them or try to do something, also I'm sure you are aware that I'm not the only one who keep on shouting what's the prob, so many players do the same for months now but it seems our voices land on deaf ears (TRION) so nothing change, in contrary things become worse day by day, anyway here we go again:

1st Labor the reason all my friends & guild-mates quit the game, why? because this game is unplayable as a f2p game without Labor there is not much you can do & there is no viable way to make money without Labor other than pirating & mostly fish because packs need Labor also to deliver, if TRION doesn't do something about it anything else they plan to do will be useless to reinvigorate the servers as you said, so some very serious changes must be done to boost Labor for f2p players, consider that your number one priority.

2nd Archeum is a constant problem since the game launch & the main reason that just a very small portion of gaming population spent time crafting stuff like weapons & armors & nothing TRION did till now changed anything, if TRION think their solution to introduce RNG boxes on cash shop was the best way to solve that prob then it's obvious that their greed did the thinking here, this didn't solve anything obviously, we need non-cash shop ideas something that will benefit every one not just those with fat credit cards, else crafting will continue to be something only rich people do in the game & no one else bother.

3rd APEX used to be a viable way to renew our subscription in the first 2-3 months, but as population drop to dramatic levels & less & less people spent money buying APEX the price sky rocket due to very limited supply, so I don't consider APEX to be anymore an alternative way for f2p players to buy Patron status without spent real money & without Patron this game is not worth playing, so what that force players who can't renew their sub do? yep to quit, exactly what I did when I couldn't renew my Patron anymore, the only think I can suggest here is to lower APEX price & even subscription with real money, if TRION do that they can lower APEX price even more & that will help immensely to supply the market with APEX & the price is going to drop & servers will start filling again with Patron users, that means more happy players & less quitters, so if TRION want to raise the population & make the majority of players happy reduce subscription price, reduce APEX price & boost Labor for f2p players, in short make the game playable without spending money, spending money must be something that it's not required to do in order to enjoy the game, not to be forced to spent money & if we don't then we won't have access to even half of what the game have to offer, this is not f2p in my eyes & that's why the majority of servers are dead currently in case you didn't figure out that yet by your selves.

4th Normalization this evil word ruin the game for me, at some point we got glider recipes so we could finally make plans to craft some new cool glider & get rid off the bland plain boring glider we had since we start the game, but that was not the case, because what's the point to spent so much money 1500-2500g if I remember right depend which glider interest you when the stats are going to be exactly the same? same speed, same turning speed, same floating ability all same like the one we have right now & also exactly the same with the one we can buy from the cash shop, so yeah tell me plz what's the point to spent so much money to craft something that have exactly the same stats? now some might say the special ability each glider have & there I'm going to say so you are going to spent so much money just for that? 9/10 won't do that me included, & let's not kid our selves, we all know what was the reason TRION did that, to promote the glider they have in the cash shop if we can buy a glider with the TOP stats from the cash shop what's the reason to spent so much money & time gathering all those mats to craft a new one? but those practices of TRION is what ruin the game for every one, haven't figure out yet that the majority didn't ask ever & don't want those changes/normalizations you decide to do? did you ever thought to ask the players if they are ok with those changes? did you even care what our opinion is? or you just care to find more & better ways every time to strip our pockets from our precious money? that's your only concern? until you start care for what the players want what the players think & ask them before you do such serious changes to the game you will never gain our trust & respect just the opposite, think about it & start change things based on what the players want not based on your greed.

Last 2 changes that TRION can't do anything probably only XL can help here but for me & many other people this 2 changes could reinvigorate our interest in AA.

1. Guild Wars - I understand that there is 2 opponent factions for a reason but we fight each other/with our own faction anyway why not have the option to declare war on some other guild even from our own faction & kill each other legally based on a Guild War system without forced to PK & raise our crime points? this must be done imo it's absolutely necessary there is many who would love to have that option & it would make the game more fun for sure.

2. Arena needs a ranking system & imo a reward system for the TOP ranking players, they can give some kind of reward for example to the TOP 20-50 players every week & their names must be even in the site for every one to see, those kind of things motivate the players to try harder & give their best to reach the TOP & gain recognition & glory, didn't any there in XL thought that seriously? that's basic stuff that's how you keep players interest high, this is a necessary addition imo & this would make the game more enjoyable for me & all the hardcore PvPrs out there, but this must not happen before XL do some changes in the rules for the arena, for example buff pots must be forbidden before XL implement a ranking/reward system, things must become fair for every one, buff pots is extremely expensive & not every one can spent so much money every time he join the arena to be in equal ground with those rich guys, so things that benefit the rich must be balanced out, in the arena we must compete for which is the more skilled fighter not who have the fattest wallet.

The Wanderer
01-23-2015, 02:57 AM
I'd like to quote a member of the ArcheAge Roleplay website on why making Diamond Shores a non-neutral zone will negatively impact the RP community. In case this is TL;DR, the gist is that we were all hoping for a neutral zone up in Auroria where we could come together safely as a community, East, West, and Pirate, without one side being more at risk than the other, or subjecting the entire gathering to PvP griefing.

The design of AA was never supposed to be a "pvp game", but only have PvP as a feature, according to an interview done with the creator of AA. The other regional versions of AA have DS as a peace zone, and that design was chosen due to the issues players had with leveling in zones that cycled war and peace. In Korea, the pirate mechanic is much more harsh, and meant to be a penalty, not a 3rd faction.

AA has lots of features that help promote roleplay, and it's shame we have no real ability to control our little pixel space and keep it safe from griefers, like we can in other games that have housing. The inability to kick people off our land, and ban them from the house don't help matters. Nor does the permission features on a house make sense.

Same-faction roleplay isn't a problem. You still have to watch for griefers, but those are easy to put on ignore and play around them. They tend to get bored after 5-15 minutes of no one paying attention to them and leave. It's a different story when you're trying to RP with an opposite-factioned player, and people roam by, see them and kill them. Or see them inside of a closed house, and stop to AoE attack them. It makes it sillier when we can't protect them.

We thought RPing in PvP zones where we could attack back would fix the issue, but it didn't. For one, it's immersion-breaking to have a pack of reds show up to kill the RPers. Sort of sucks to be in the middle of posting into chat and dead before you can even clear the chat bar off. lol Yeah, I can laugh about it on an OOC level - you have to. But it doesn't change the fact its annoying.

Many x-faction RPers were planning to set up a community in Diamond Shores with buildings for x-faction roleplay. Many of us were helping each other obtain gilda to get the buildings, had started stockpiling resources, and planning out what buildings would be what.

Now? It's a big let-down. The only true neutral place in the game is Mirage Isle, and while we do have x-events there now due to the issues we've experienced in throwing x-faction events in peace and war zones, it was a big hope for lots of RPers to have that one space in the game where we didn't have to deal with people killing our friends. We'll still continue on and make due with what we're given, but just tired of RPers getting the shaft in game after game, especially when they're the ones that support a game as it ages.

As you can see, it's not a big deal to us about fighting there and worrying about ganking while we're playing. We're just tired of getting interrupted all the time by players passing by with the "red = dead" attitude, even when it's obvious we're RPIng, and kill them. I don't blame the players, it's a fair game mechanic, but yeah... let down.

Hinji
01-23-2015, 03:39 AM
Welcome Merv!

I see you came from SoE's Dragon's Prophet!

@Community, Merv was probably the most active player and communicator (in-game) out of everyone at SoE who was working on Dragon's Prophet and if he says he has been playing AA for some time, then he will most likely understand the needs of the community better than anyone. However, it's not really his job to keep people updated, that's what your Community Manager is for but at least he is posting.

Welcome to the AA Team, Merv!

blz
01-23-2015, 03:46 AM
A decision was reached to make available some of the most popular cosmetic and companion items through the loyalty system in addition to supply crates. This was seen most recently with the addition of the Sloth Glider. Other coveted items will follow this trend and thatís mostly due to player feedback!

so...even more rng boxes incoming on stuff the koreans, russians and japs have directly in the cash shop, while we have to either gamble on boxes or save up absurd amount of loyalty tokens.

Brutus Outcry
01-23-2015, 04:04 AM
Hello Merv,

I read your letter and its really awesome. I am excited for some of the new changes that are coming up especially crafting. One of my good friends named Repent helped me craft a Epherium Nodachi and that was a hell of a struggle. Some of my most exciting moments in archeage were after spending thousnads of golds and finally get it to unique just to link it to him and show him. Well anyways im glad there are alot of great new upcoming changes Merv, thank you for this great game.

Sincerely Yours From Anchor's Rest,

Fallen Pirate Brutus

Alarion
01-23-2015, 04:36 AM
@Johnsmall, Diamond Shores will likely be introduced as a contested Aurorian zone similar to the 6 others. However, the Ayanad Library and will remain as a no-PvP area to promote dungeon crawling and leveling. I'll explain reasoning in a future article as this is a hot topic.

plz Trion tell me u are joking at this point? in russian second and third floor are PvP zones why u wanna kill pvp aspect on our servers? why u think there is almost 0 pvp in auroria? cause hardly ever u gonna meet anybody (no purpouse to farm there) while in library everybody gonna farm. why u want kill best part of this game which is PvP?

Samme
01-23-2015, 05:05 AM
Thank you for the much needed post.

Things that should be addressed in more detail. Mounts/Gliders/Subs
Contrary to the opinion that normalization is fine. I worked hard to get a black arrow. It should in fact be better than Mirage mounts. Something to work toward, obtain, and have a sense of accomplishment. As it is right now its just a skin.
Gliders. I was really looking forward to getting a kraken glider and going glide exploring. The normalization killed that. Again things that you invest time and work toward should in no way be the SAME as every other glider.
I have been waiting a very long time for these Subs to be released. And quite a few others as well. Why not just drop the attack capabilities right now and release something for us and fix it as it goes. Give us something to work for.

Archeum
Archeum is insane right now. After the boxes released Moonlight crystals went from 18-20gold each to 30gold each. At this point making illustrious gear is losing money.

RNG
The RNG in this game is insane. Warrior medal for instance. I got up to a rank 7 necklace only to try and upgrade to rank 8 and dropped back down to 4. Got to 5 dropped back down to 4. Got to 6 dropped back down to 4. Got to 5 dropped back down to 4. I feel like im wasting my time now.
Lunagems: 500 valor a pop. Save up to buy 3 insert 1, fail second. Insert 1. Save up to buy 3 more. Insert 1 fail. Back to nothing. Insert 1, insert another, fail.
Ive dubbed it saving up for failure. Im actually at the point where just having 1 gem is probably the best im going to get.

Mages are underpowered as a ranged class
1 skill. Missile rain. Nothing we have even with skill increases can match the range or a archer class. Not only are all their skills instant. They can move around and attack. We have to stand still. Wait on a Cast bar. Watch them jump out of range and missile rain. Give us a much needed boost to range. To at least match archers.

Real estate agents
There is a guy right around the corner from my house that has 12 16x16s side by side. Nothing on them. All named for sale. Looks like a new account sameish (cuddles/Cuddler,Cuddly) name ever 3-4 farms. A hard limit on the amount of land you can own would be fantastic. East owning land in the west and vice versa. No just no. Only east should be able to own land in the east and vice versa. Some of us cant spend hours camping land. The land hackers have not stopped. In fact I still see land go up and the house never catches on fire. Clearly circumventing the 5 second thing.

Release content when it should be released
We shouldnt have got a 1/4 of a 1.2 patch we should have got the whole thing. I can deal with korean voice overs. Just get the text in english and push it out.

Player made factions
Other than the general its not balanced. As i still cant see why having a player made faction would imbalance this game. At least more visibility as to why its imbalanced and what is being done to balance it.

I look forward to all the things that you can answer and fix with this game. I would like to see a return of players to my server.

Good luck. You need it.

tzq
01-23-2015, 05:08 AM
welcome aboard Khrolan
good to know that archeum issue is not being left aside :)
however it's sad that we don't have many information regarding submarines yet. please let us know as soon as you can! I'm sitting over my mats in bank. Got everything for the sub and its equipments is almost done

xDrac
01-23-2015, 05:19 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.
Hope I won't be betting banned for this like I did when I said "a certain game was beyond saving".

:rolleyes

c4liwood
01-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Mages are underpowered as a ranged class
1 skill. Missile rain. Nothing we have even with skill increases can match the range or a archer class. Not only are all their skills instant. They can move around and attack. We have to stand still. Wait on a Cast bar. Watch them jump out of range and missile rain. Give us a much needed boost to range. To at least match archers.

Ever heard of Gods Whip.. or Forestcrow?

pavmelas
01-23-2015, 05:50 AM
Large scale PvP combat is severly lacking in Archeage.

Just 4 castles, just GvG, just every 2 -3 weeks, just with bid mechanics.

All that is limiting the large scale battle experience.

Basically making it non existing for lots of us players.

I have ignored it all together but feel that a proper MMORPG that claims to be a PvP game at that needs more common large scale PvP experience.

This is the number 1 issue of Archeage IMO.

Make large scale PvP more common for the normal player please.

There are many ways how.

Make it open world -lift the limits of participants and make it open for peeps to choose attacker or defender.

Let attacker declare whenever they want, with the sege taking place 24h or some set amount after that and after the declaration.

Have not an outbid mechanic but a fix amount of gold, thats not that heigh but shows the attacker is serious interested on the siege.

Introduce other large scale events like "castle raid". The subject and goal is not the change of ownership of that certain castle but the winning condition gets you ressources / gold if meet.

Deathshades
01-23-2015, 06:15 AM
[/QUOTE]@Johnsmall, Diamond Shores will likely be introduced as a contested Aurorian zone similar to the 6 others. However, the Ayanad Library and will remain as a no-PvP area to promote dungeon crawling and leveling. I'll explain reasoning in a future article as this is a hot topic.[/QUOTE]

Leave it as was in Alpha we in joyed it in safe area,the quest there would be hard as hell to finish when large guild come swiping in killing all it will do is make it where smaller guilds don't quest there. this is a BS i cant see why you change that area it was 1 of the things that kept me playing waiting on that area.

if u played Alpha u would understand its needs be Safe area ...

also on another note this game seams to reward large guilds and Punish smaller ones... we need more balance for that in place..

i been playing from day 1 of alpha and i tell you that was best of this game so far and i even played in KR servers all changes you guys doing need go fix bugs and issues and let the game play stay same for most part ..

Jinsky
01-23-2015, 06:36 AM
Welcome @Khrolan!

Am interested to hear about the return of the Timber Coupe racing car that should have been in the game already. It's been almost 4 months since it was taken out. And the last update was over 6 weeks ago. This is an example of what you mentioned, "the lack of information or detail". I have a temporary solution that could help, which is to allow people to build a different car that would act like a temporary or loaner which would then be able to be exchanged for the Timber Coupe once it returns to the game. The same way how car dealers and shops allow for loaner cars while it is in the shop for repairs. I'd hope that it can make it's way back to the game soon, as many others have been patiently waiting, and there are others that lost hope and just built their 2nd option instead.

randilis
01-23-2015, 07:01 AM
Fix bug in fps Fishing Spots.

This is a major problem that has been dragged a long time.

Nefar
01-23-2015, 07:12 AM
As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

Khaler
01-23-2015, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=Khrolan;1426425]

Lastly, itís our Intent to ensure that Diamond Shores goes live as a contested Aurorian region which means open world PvP will be a component of game play in this zone.

/QUOTE

Seriously? this worked great in Alpha and now you want to switch DS over to full PvP?

We have about 35 to 40 players in our guild currently who are hanging around, waiting for Diamond Shores to open so they can hopefully get some land in a PVP FREE ZONE in Auroria. If you force that area into PvP, I imagine that group of players will give up on ArcheAge in just our guild alone.

Why do you guys insist on changing things that worked very well in Alpha into something different?

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!"

joeydtx
01-23-2015, 08:11 AM
First, welcome to AA Khrolan, and hope you well in your position as producer for this game.

My question is on the plans for costumes/cosmetics, as along with the crafting of this game I was also drawn to the costumes I saw. We have seen two of the ones (Halloween/Christmas) go to RNG boxes which was disappointing. Can we expect for the most part more costumes/cosmetics since I am sure I am not the only person who loves to have a nice looking character in the game, and if so as actual direct buys from the shop or even crafted?

Gomer
01-23-2015, 08:27 AM

How about just putting items for a set price instead of the RNG boxes? It's not right at all that one persons item costs 490 credits while another costs 49000 without even getting the item they want. No body likes the random chance boxes. It's not right.

Otega
01-23-2015, 08:40 AM
1) Tone RNG way down. It borders on insanity at this point, and is the biggest reason why you are losing subs at a ridiculous rate. I've been playing games for going on 15yrs now and this is by far the worst system I have seen. RNG should have no part in crafting unless it's crit chances to get better grade items (IE it shouldn't devalue/degrade what you have created).
2) Increase labor regen. There is literally nothing worth crafting right now if you compare labor cost vs. potential profit.
3) Your economy is on the verge of collapse at this point. You need to introduce lots and lots of archeum into the system as soon as possible, while simultaneously lowering RNG in terms of a) how it affects crafting, b) how it affects regrading/upgrading, c) how it affects coin purse drops. You can't just throw archeum into the system without addressing the RNG issues, or else once you stop, we will be right back to the same problem again.

Otega
01-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Also, allow us to see who lists items on the AH. Then we can know for sure if there is mass market manipulation going on.

And remove the damn gold reward for castles.

SteveT
01-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Thank you and welcome.

I look forward to the communication.

Clodine
01-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Is there any chance to change the RNG boxes you can buy in the shop again? they weren't bind on pickup a few weeks ago, now they are. i liked the way to decide if i want to buy the box for credits or for gold. a friend of mine was buying a lot of the boxes, like the boxes with carrot dash. he got 2 carrot dashes, one for him and the other one was sold. at the christmas event, he bought many boxes and got about 6 mounts he couldn't sell or give to guildies. Please change it again. at the start of the game you said you will make stuff in the shop tradeable so that people can get the things in the auction house. i personally prefer buying apex and sell it for gold to buy the stuff/mounts/gliders from players which got them in the boxes.

an other great thing would be to add the mounts or gliders directly to the shop. so people could decide to test their luck with the boxes or buy it directly in the shop. for example the sloth glider. you can buy a box for 490 credits to look if it is inside or buy the sloth glider directly for example for 4900 credits. so there is chance to get it cheap for 490 but there would be an option to get it directly.

(the way with the loyalty tokens is also a good step)

Monzter
01-23-2015, 09:09 AM
1) Tone RNG way down. It borders on insanity at this point, and is the biggest reason why you are losing subs at a ridiculous rate. I've been playing games for going on 15yrs now and this is by far the worst system I have seen. RNG should have no part in crafting unless it's crit chances to get better grade items (IE it shouldn't devalue/degrade what you have created).
2) Increase labor regen. There is literally nothing worth crafting right now if you compare labor cost vs. potential profit.
3) Your economy is on the verge of collapse at this point. You need to introduce lots and lots of archeum into the system as soon as possible, while simultaneously lowering RNG in terms of a) how it affects crafting, b) how it affects regrading/upgrading, c) how it affects coin purse drops. You can't just throw archeum into the system without addressing the RNG issues, or else once you stop, we will be right back to the same problem again.

+1 to this ...
Other problems to mention :

I know many people that left after spending 20k + gold regrading "single" piece of armor / weapon to celestial for example and failed
And on other hand you have a guy that done that from 1st time , multiple times because he is lucky or what ever ...
Game that dont reward a guy who is online 24/7 paying sub, spending insane amount of gold gona fail ...
I dont understand the point of the game that a guy that play 30 mins a day and a guy grinding 23 hours a day can be on same level just because of pure luck and RNG sistem that this game have

That is just so wrong .. = you lost insane % of hardcore players
I will be quiting this game in some time myself because of reasons below

1. Arena PVP .. even a game called ARCHLORD the most P2W game in gaming history !!! removed factor that you can enter arena with zilion of buffs that gona give you unfair advantage over your oponent .. but not this game ...
2. Removing mobs drops from alpha / Nerfing drop rates of archeum thru grinding the same
3. INSANE unbalance betwen classes in 1v1 arena
3. Ultra ******ed RNG sistem that 90% player base hate and want changes to it ... example : i hardcore grinded 3+ months for mats / gold / proficiency just to faill at everything at the end because of RNG that eated all my 3+ months efort in like 30 mins of crafting ..
while on the other hand a guy play game for 1 month get RNG on his side and have all the right items in the game...

If you think this is normal ... i dunno what to say game needs to reward you for your effort putted in game not because you are lucky ...

Vendral
01-23-2015, 09:11 AM
As you can see, we have a multitude of positive changes on the horizon and we extend a hearty thank you to those of you who have provided constructive feedback about the direction in which we should be sailing.

Okay Krillin, i want to say that these "positive changes" you're talking about are game breaking .. there's nothing positive that can or could come out of turning DS into a PVP zone.. You guys have NOT listened to us since Alpha, Beta, or Release... The exploits that were in this game have been in this game since Korea and just get fixed 2 months after NA Release.

I expect nothing to change based on my word, after all, it's your game and you've done a good job destroying it this far i would hate to ruin your perfect record.

What a load of crap this letter was / is, thanks for the warning on all that bs. Can't wait to read faction chat when i log in. =) the salty trolls will be so real

VelvetX
01-23-2015, 09:20 AM
It's honestly sad at this point because i doubt they care/will do anything to change the rng or revert any of the stuff back to 100% the way it was before they don't get that we don't like it and if they do they don't really care because it might hinder their profit. Sad part is any good company knows to reward the player's with fair deals and they will be willing to spend the money on it but hey were talking about a company that continuously send's out "bragging email's" saying their known for their "exemplary service" it's just getting to a point were if they don't change pretty much allot of the player's that still play will just quit of either A. boredom or B. irritation. A majority of the community has already stated they want the rng for crafting gone and just want something more rewarding and i doubt they would care if it took more time but was 100% going to work.

neoVictrix
01-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Just wanted to say congrats on becoming the new Producer Khrolan, and hope everything goes well for you and the ArcheAge team.

senzer
01-23-2015, 11:06 AM
i wanna aske Khrolan. does this mean that you now will do something to the game now? its so sad to see that the sea is dead. no one want to do trade runs any more. Pvp is boring no ppl. ppl dont wanna farm anymore. we need help!!

blz
01-23-2015, 11:10 AM
@Bunnyleptic, We've seen a lot of positive comments about the Sloth Glider being available for LP. This doesn't mean we're in a hurry to throw everything on the Loyalty Store. Future items will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. About mount normalization - I doubt we'll see Black Arrow or Thunder Dash speeding across zones like we did in Alpha and any changes here will be small and incremental.

what about costumes, going to keep them normalized?

Jadius
01-23-2015, 11:11 AM
@ Khrolan

When will we be able to create our own guild faction? Seems KR AA has had that ability since 1.2 and it's been working since 8/13
Is this a feature us NA and EU players can look forward to?

Gomer
01-23-2015, 11:16 AM

If moonlight and sunlight was as worthless as the green kind it wouldnt be a problem really. More archeum would make crafting less expensive and at least a break even. Right now its a money loss unless you hit the lotto and roll all the way to delph that is still regradeable.

lisa
01-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Nothing addressed about the multiple posts concerning: fishing (lag, whats been nerfed), farming (profit loss), housing (cluttered, lack of) ETC........

Why not ask the players directly (in an emailed survey) what we consider to be FUN gameplay. This forum is so full of gold sellers manipulating posts to their advantage.

Wellybeens
01-23-2015, 11:58 AM
You quit... so leave already. Starting off your essay with "I quit, and even before I quit it was more or less dead" I'm hoping makes the Trion folks skip right over your opinion. Many of us have the patience and will to want to help improve things.

Welcome Khrolan, sorry for being negative here but I don't believe that your presence here will have any significant change for the better, the game is more or less dead for over a month now since I quit, & even before I quit it was the same thing really, but I don't loose anything to write down what's the reason imo that the game die & after you are free to read my thoughts & forget/ignore them or try to do something, also I'm sure you are aware that I'm not the only one who keep on shouting what's the prob, so many players do the same for months now but it seems our voices land on deaf ears (TRION) so nothing change, in contrary things become worse day by day, anyway here we go again:

1st Labor the reason all my friends & guild-mates quit the game, why? because this game is unplayable as a f2p game without Labor there is not much you can do & there is no viable way to make money without Labor other than pirating & mostly fish because packs need Labor also to deliver, if TRION doesn't do something about it anything else they plan to do will be useless to reinvigorate the servers as you said, so some very serious changes must be done to boost Labor for f2p players, consider that your number one priority.

2nd Archeum is a constant problem since the game launch & the main reason that just a very small portion of gaming population spent time crafting stuff like weapons & armors & nothing TRION did till now changed anything, if TRION think their solution to introduce RNG boxes on cash shop was the best way to solve that prob then it's obvious that their greed did the thinking here, this didn't solve anything obviously, we need non-cash shop ideas something that will benefit every one not just those with fat credit cards, else crafting will continue to be something only rich people do in the game & no one else bother.

3rd APEX used to be a viable way to renew our subscription in the first 2-3 months, but as population drop to dramatic levels & less & less people spent money buying APEX the price sky rocket due to very limited supply, so I don't consider APEX to be anymore an alternative way for f2p players to buy Patron status without spent real money & without Patron this game is not worth playing, so what that force players who can't renew their sub do? yep to quit, exactly what I did when I couldn't renew my Patron anymore, the only think I can suggest here is to lower APEX price & even subscription with real money, if TRION do that they can lower APEX price even more & that will help immensely to supply the market with APEX & the price is going to drop & servers will start filling again with Patron users, that means more happy players & less quitters, so if TRION want to raise the population & make the majority of players happy reduce subscription price, reduce APEX price & boost Labor for f2p players, in short make the game playable without spending money, spending money must be something that it's not required to do in order to enjoy the game, not to be forced to spent money & if we don't then we won't have access to even half of what the game have to offer, this is not f2p in my eyes & that's why the majority of servers are dead currently in case you didn't figure out that yet by your selves.

4th Normalization this evil word ruin the game for me, at some point we got glider recipes so we could finally make plans to craft some new cool glider & get rid off the bland plain boring glider we had since we start the game, but that was not the case, because what's the point to spent so much money 1500-2500g if I remember right depend which glider interest you when the stats are going to be exactly the same? same speed, same turning speed, same floating ability all same like the one we have right now & also exactly the same with the one we can buy from the cash shop, so yeah tell me plz what's the point to spent so much money to craft something that have exactly the same stats? now some might say the special ability each glider have & there I'm going to say so you are going to spent so much money just for that? 9/10 won't do that me included, & let's not kid our selves, we all know what was the reason TRION did that, to promote the glider they have in the cash shop if we can buy a glider with the TOP stats from the cash shop what's the reason to spent so much money & time gathering all those mats to craft a new one? but those practices of TRION is what ruin the game for every one, haven't figure out yet that the majority didn't ask ever & don't want those changes/normalizations you decide to do? did you ever thought to ask the players if they are ok with those changes? did you even care what our opinion is? or you just care to find more & better ways every time to strip our pockets from our precious money? that's your only concern? until you start care for what the players want what the players think & ask them before you do such serious changes to the game you will never gain our trust & respect just the opposite, think about it & start change things based on what the players want not based on your greed.

Last 2 changes that TRION can't do anything probably only XL can help here but for me & many other people this 2 changes could reinvigorate our interest in AA.

1. Guild Wars - I understand that there is 2 opponent factions for a reason but we fight each other/with our own faction anyway why not have the option to declare war on some other guild even from our own faction & kill each other legally based on a Guild War system without forced to PK & raise our crime points? this must be done imo it's absolutely necessary there is many who would love to have that option & it would make the game more fun for sure.

2. Arena needs a ranking system & imo a reward system for the TOP ranking players, they can give some kind of reward for example to the TOP 20-50 players every week & their names must be even in the site for every one to see, those kind of things motivate the players to try harder & give their best to reach the TOP & gain recognition & glory, didn't any there in XL thought that seriously? that's basic stuff that's how you keep players interest high, this is a necessary addition imo & this would make the game more enjoyable for me & all the hardcore PvPrs out there, but this must not happen before XL do some changes in the rules for the arena, for example buff pots must be forbidden before XL implement a ranking/reward system, things must become fair for every one, buff pots is extremely expensive & not every one can spent so much money every time he join the arena to be in equal ground with those rich guys, so things that benefit the rich must be balanced out, in the arena we must compete for which is the more skilled fighter not who have the fattest wallet.

nebz
01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
However, the Ayanad Library and will remain as a no-PvP area to promote dungeon crawling and leveling. I'll explain reasoning in a future article as this is a hot topic.

but the library is huge! Could be a great way to revive PvP outside arenas but I guess nope. at least the botters will be happy.. gg again TRINO

Kaios
01-23-2015, 12:20 PM
but the library is huge! Could be a great way to revive PvP outside arenas but I guess nope. at least the botters will be happy.. gg again TRINO

Your sentiment is understandable but I'm sure you had to have noticed the polar opposite posts in this thread from those who don't think the zone should be a contested area at all, claiming PvPers would prevent many or at least make it troublesome to hit 55 in that zone. I have no opinion one way or the other, all I'm saying is keep in mind there are people playing this game for many different reasons and not everyone wants the same thing.

HoboGames
01-23-2015, 12:27 PM
@Khrolan

Welcome to the mess that is now your job :)

How to fix ArcheAge:

1) Remove "normalization" (We didn't ask for this... you just forced it upon us to sell more cash shop items and it's killing the game)

2) Get a control on inflation within the game (Divine gifts is a good start as it will accelerate the gold sink from regrades) Hire an Econ intern who has an interest in this game... WoW resorted to hiring Econ majors to fix their economy when it went to crap many many years ago.

3) Accelerate content. (You guys should have released the 55 content as peoples Patrons were expiring and not schedule it for 1month+ after)

4) Provide an incentive for people to purchase from the cash shop instead of external 3rd party sites. (I.E - Every X-Y? months Trion gives you a bonus of 5% of the total amount of credits you've purchased throughout the history of the game)

5) Provide alternate ways to effectively acquire honor points. (Currently the only true effective way is queueing up for 1v1s till your eyes bleed. Would be nice to see open world PvP honor farming versus queueing at a 1v1 arena NPC honor farming.

6) Give us back our toys / fix our toys (Give us the submarine. Give us the 3rd car. Fix the loyalty point donkey... I mean really it took you guys 2+ months to fix a sliding mirage horse so I'm going to assume it's going to take 3+ months to fix a loyalty point donkey?) (You also fixed it so we can't use the casino +5% buff but don't fix other things? Where is the priority structure in the builds?

7) Publish statistics. The community will crowd source this info regardless so it would be nice if you guys could simply publish it. I.E - drop rates on RNG boxes / Regrade rates w/ + w/o charms. And if you don't want to publish these numbers because you think they will make us cringe... well that's a problem right there.

nebz
01-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Your sentiment is understandable but I'm sure you had to have noticed the polar opposite posts in this thread from those who don't think the zone should be a contested area at all, claiming PvPers would prevent many or at least make it troublesome to hit 55 in that zone. I have no opinion one way or the other, all I'm saying is keep in mind there are people playing this game for many different reasons and not everyone wants the same thing.

Then make the parts with the best mobs contested, some floors etc. Imagine if Hasla was a constant peace zone, i'd fall asleep and shoot myself from the mindless button mashing.. at least the territorial aspect spices it up a bit.

Zelot
01-23-2015, 12:47 PM
You could adjust marketplace prices.
Pay two dollars a labor potion is absurd. Its much cheaper to buy Apex within the game or pay another Patron and keep a second account for more 43.200 labor points at least.
Not to mention items that you can buy in the game that cost extremely expensive in the store and relatively cheap in the game. The opposite is also true, the cost of a hereafter stone on store is realy cheap but in the game is expensive in costs and Labor

Zelda
01-23-2015, 12:51 PM
ďI donít know who you are. I donít know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I donít have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long MMO career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my toon go now, thatíll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you donít, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will PK you.Ē~

-Most ArcheAge players

Ps: gimmie slot glider /kthanksbye

Sumika
01-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Please let us get honor from Auroria PvP.

Cetra
01-23-2015, 12:59 PM
I'd like to quote a member of the ArcheAge Roleplay website on why making Diamond Shores a non-neutral zone will negatively impact the RP community. In case this is TL;DR, the gist is that we were all hoping for a neutral zone up in Auroria where we could come together safely as a community, East, West, and Pirate, without one side being more at risk than the other, or subjecting the entire gathering to PvP griefing.

I can't believe some of you are begging for more carebear zones. "I just wanna be left alone" , "I just wanna stand around and talk to my friends like it's a virtual chat room". Seriously, get immersed in the world and stay on your toes when it comes to danger. If you want to stand around and chat with your friends all day, be lazy and have no worries why not just go play FFXIV?

This game needs MORE OWPVP, not only should DR be a warzone but everyone should get honor points depending on how many kills the person they kill has or something of the sort. You wanna stand around and chat like this is 2nd life, I think hanging around your capital city is a better idea.

Also, add more PVP/OWPVP rewards to the game, stop making a plan such as Auroria a wasteland that nobody cares to EVER visit. Give more honor, give more honor rewards, give us honor for killing in Auroria! These things are just common sense..

Siobhan
01-23-2015, 01:01 PM
“I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long MMO career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my toon go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will PK you.”~

-Most ArcheAge players

Ps: gimmie slot glider /kthanksbye

I saw that movie! ;)

OT:
Welcome!

My advice is to please consider very carefully whether what the "general public" wants is good for this wonderful (if flawed) game. Some things seem great on the surface but cause unintended repurcussions down the road.

My only personal request is to take a good hard look at appraisal certificates. They are so out of hand now that I would rather see an AH-type land listing, even though I know that it would push the price of land over most players' heads. The way I look at it is: why would I want to buy (insert number) of certificates at 60-90g a piece? There's no way in hell I'm going to pay a 60-90% premium on a piece of land I want to sell securely.

Fiain
01-23-2015, 01:02 PM
I'd personally prefer it be a neutral area. There are many zones for PK and if I want to go hunting there, I do. But the other versions have this new area as a neutral zone... Why can't we have the same?

Edit - Though, I will say, news is always good and I pray you keep up communicating. It'd do a lot of good if you can be honest and communicate a lot, and when you say something will happen, it does

SierraK
01-23-2015, 01:04 PM
I can't believe some of you are begging for more carebear zones. "I just wanna be left alone" , "I just wanna stand around and talk to my friends like it's a virtual chat room". Seriously, get immersed in the world and stay on your toes when it comes to danger.

I like how you assume that we don't enjoy other aspects of the game.

The part where you talk about lack of immersion is priceless.

Khrolan
01-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi again,

Thanks for your posts! Before I respond to your topics I want to say some stuff that may be completely obvious. I can relate to and empathize with a lot of what has been mentioned from personal game play experience. Things like the math behind turning a profitable farm, crafting and the drastic price fluctuation of sunlight/moonlight archeum, and normalization. There are always two sides to these points with advocates for each perspective - that's apparent even in this thread. Our job is to gather the facts, analyze them, and then work with XL Games to make a decision for ArcheAge as a whole. There will be changes you agree with and others you disagree with. The difference going forward is we'll be putting a lot more effort into evaluating the pros and cons which will hopefully lead to agreeable compromise.

It's important for me to mention that the process behind what happens in ArcheAge has complex layers of decision making and approval. My role in that is to advocate player and Trion perspective, which I'm good at, but there are inherent challenges that need to be overcome. Sometimes the outcome isn't favorable and you've seen the results of that. I'm prepared to give you as much effort as I possibly can to work toward the changes ArcheAge needs but we need to work together and please understand that change takes time. Thanks for that – on to addressing some of the subjects in this thread:

Sunlight/Moonlight Archeum
My player perspective - The prices of Sunlight and Moonlight are high, very high in fact. A lot of this has to do with the cost associated with RNG as folks have mentioned. I’m a top end crafter and some of the stuff I make, if I’m lucky, commands insane value. If I sell that item I end up with a lot of gold and typically I’ll just throw it back into the system in attempt to luck out again. There are good days and bad days like with most things in ArcheAge but ultimately what happens is I contribute to driving up the price of sunlight. Shame on me.
Overarching perspective – Nearly all of us agree that the demand is much greater than the supply. We have received good suggestions from players on how to improve this without heavily affecting the rarity and value of obtaining top end crafted items. We also agree that we want the average person to be capable of attaining better gear. A way to do this is by empowering crafting and that starts with components. We need to work with XL Games to make this happen.

Diamond Shores and PvP
There are a lot of opinions about this topic and I’m following the conversations. I mentioned that we’ll talk about why and part of that will happen in the Live Stream later today. We planned to speak about it in greater detail in preparation for the content release. I see now that there’s need for direct information behind the decision so I’ll work on putting that together.

Fishing Boats and Low FPS
This has been acknowledged as a verified bug. I don’t have a time table on the fix for it at the moment.

Timber Coupe
When I first saw this thing drive up steep terrain my reaction was a combination of “what the hell was that” and “man that’s OP”. We need to make sure it falls in line with the other cars. The challenge is to make sure it retains a unique ability (like front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive) that isn’t ridiculous.

Costumes for Credits
Going forward you will continue to see costumes for credits directly, others in supply crates/boxes and some for Loyalty Points. It comes down to how many costumes we have but we prefer to do all three options.

-Khro

Bloks3
01-23-2015, 01:11 PM

RIP chances of pvp. Thanks.

jetblack
01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
RIP chances of pvp. Thanks.

Just inside the instance (Library) I believe, the rest of the zone should be PVP.

Kaios
01-23-2015, 01:18 PM
It's important for me to mention that the process behind what happens in ArcheAge has complex layers of decision making and approval. My role in that is to advocate player and Trion perspective

Just out of curiosity, is that not also essentially the job that Scapes does (or is supposed) to do?

The Wanderer
01-23-2015, 01:34 PM
I can't believe some of you are begging for more carebear zones. "I just wanna be left alone" , "I just wanna stand around and talk to my friends like it's a virtual chat room". Seriously, get immersed in the world and stay on your toes when it comes to danger. If you want to stand around and chat with your friends all day, be lazy and have no worries why not just go play FFXIV?

This game needs MORE OWPVP, not only should DR be a warzone but everyone should get honor points depending on how many kills the person they kill has or something of the sort. You wanna stand around and chat like this is 2nd life, I think hanging around your capital city is a better idea.

Also, add more PVP/OWPVP rewards to the game, stop making a plan such as Auroria a wasteland that nobody cares to EVER visit. Give more honor, give more honor rewards, give us honor for killing in Auroria! These things are just common sense..
There are six zones in Auroria that are already PvP zones. Currently, there are no neutral Aurorian zones, making it difficult for cross-faction cooperation (for those who choose it) to be something of a chore. In Korea, Russia, and China, DS (Diamond Shores--not sure what "DR" is) is neutral, while Ayanad Library includes plenty of PvP on upper tiers. That is where you can go to get your PvP fix, if the other eighteen zones, plus the wide open ocean, are not enough for you.

We're not begging for anything either. We're illustrating how the decision to deviate from how other regions of ArcheAge handle Diamond Shores will negatively impact people who have been holding out for this addition because of its unique aspects, found nowhere else on the map of Erenor.

So rather than telling anyone who opposes the PvP change to Diamond Shores to "go play FFXIV," why don't you go and play LoL or something where PvP is the entire focus of the game? Why play an RPG if you have no intent of doing anything more than hunting people with red names, and no intent of using any of the other aspects beyond PvP? Are you aware that this is a game that was designed around its lore and its variety? Did you know there are 3 full-length novels written specifically about the history of Erenor, and that the goal of the game per the writers and producers is to uncover the mysteries pertaining to the origins of the world?

Infraction
01-23-2015, 01:49 PM
I know on my server that archeum has probably had somewhat of an adverse effect on pirates as well.

Since the supply of archeum is so low the demand for the stabilzers from trade run is pretty low as well. This just leads to fewer people doing those runs as those stabilzers are neccassary for crafting of armor and weapons.

USFNOOB
01-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Please De-Normalize the Mirage Bjorn... the thing is slower than everything else and I cant control my direction when I use my speed boost skills, if anything that inability to control direction should allow me to gain a faster run speed than anything else.

I love it for the looks but the skills suck :(

Also I know I didnt spend as much ingame time to recieve it, but I spent a lot of out of game time to buy it. Those RNG boxes could use some normalization... like $20 limit before your guarenteed the item limit lol.

glad this was put out though, looks like there's something being done, however more forum activity would be nice as well!

Kegster
01-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Also I know I didnt spend as much ingame time to recieve it, but I spent a lot of out of game time to buy it. Those RNG boxes could use some normalization... like $20 limit before your guarenteed the item limit lol.

Even something like $50 would be fine. Between a few people in my guild, we spent around $350 trying to get the sloth glider only to see our bags up with completely useless items (i.e. glider smokescreen that doesn't work). If you are going to have an RNG chest, at least make the items you get out of it work something. We could have spent the credits on items like labor pots instead and made around 4-5k gold each.

Wanderstar
01-23-2015, 02:28 PM
I wish the gamble boxes would go away forever, but if you must keep them then take a page out of Perfect World Entertainment's playbook. Add a random amount of loyalty tokens to every opened box. That way the people who buy these things are guaranteed to have something nice to show for opening 100 boxes.

Eilios
01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
@ Khrolan

When will we be able to create our own guild faction? Seems KR AA has had that ability since 1.2 and it's been working since 8/13
Is this a feature us NA and EU players can look forward to?

^ This.

And this ->http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?156154-Khro-Scapes-Trion-Staff-Questions-Looking-to-the-Future

Please, please, please, please. :/
So many unanswered questions for such a long time...
Been asking about nations since like April '14, and it seems staff just blatantly ignores it or says it doesn't work, when in KR it works fine.

lisaa
01-23-2015, 02:59 PM
@Khrolan:

I am still wondering what's your reasoning behind the desicion of making The Library as a full non - PvP area. In before you state you reasoning, let me state my point of view on this: right now the game does not offer any particular way of permanent open-world pvp. I would agree that you can find it if you are looking for it, but other than world boss fights or rifts/ganking we do not have anything to test our skills on. Obviously this is an issue for the pvp playerbase. But imagine an instance, where you are spending most of your days (this will eventually happen). What would you want to do there? Keep killing npcs over and over again untill you are dead bored? Well, this is unavoidable, so we will just have to deal with it. However, if in the mentioned instance you would have a choice for contest on some boosted drops and/or experience, where people can actually fight eachother for it? Would that not be fun? I understand that you fear of completely closing this instance for certain groups of people by making it all PvP zone. But consider maiking it mixed zone - 1st floor non-PvP, the rest - perma-PvP. In this case you would see tons of people in Auroria, constant action there and everyone would be happy - carebears would take over 1st floor, and the ones who lack action, would go over for the rest 2.

Just consider it, I believe many players would agree with this.

Jinsky
01-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Timber Coupe
When I first saw this thing drive up steep terrain my reaction was a combination of ďwhat the hell was thatĒ and ďman thatís OPĒ. We need to make sure it falls in line with the other cars. The challenge is to make sure it retains a unique ability (like front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive) that isnít ridiculous.

-Khro

It makes me wonder how bugged this car is, needing so long to get it fixed. I haven't seen it in action wherein it could scale vertical walls as reported. Would this have to do with it's jump ability? And if so, if the ability will be changed, It would be nice to know ahead of time so we can decide on which one we want.

Also, while you're on the topic of ďwhat the hell was thatĒ and ďman thatís OPĒ, I'm sure you've heard of the Mirage Donkey's bug. It can go faster than 15m/s while having a trade pack, which is faster than the base speed of a race car without fuel. From your other posts, I take it you also play the game, try catching up to one of these. It's bugged, it's OP, it's still in the game, it's been almost 3 months, yet the Timber Coupe was taken out immediately.

The Mirage Horse was reported to XLGAMES for fixing when it first appeared. The Mirage Donkey is a newer bug (and arguably more gameplay-impacting).

Trubbles
01-23-2015, 03:08 PM
A breath of fresh air and a dream come true. Please don't forget the basic elements of gameplay:

1. Tax certs
2. Appraisal certs
3. Worker's Labor Potions

Not only does Trion allow scamming in game, but now the appraisal certs to sell a property (1 cert per 100 gold) now cost 90 gold on AH and almost all land transactions occur on a who you know, and a faith basis... with quite a few rip-offs, price-gougers and pure scams happening to your playerbase... which in turn impacts subscriptions.

Please apply intelligence and common sense and place these 3 critical and needed items into the General vendor at a fixed (reasonable) cost. The tax certs can certainly be crafted, at a high 200 labor per cert cost... but when the worker comp pots costs 82 gold each... paying say 35-40 taxes costs easily 100-200 gold. This is simply not sustainable for the average farmer. Many have simply purchased Tax certs because of this... but now tax certs costs 3-4 gold each... so if you are paying 40 gold in taxes bought off AH, that costs you 120 to 160 gold right there.

NOT SUSTAINABLE. PLEASE FIX.

pekuses
01-23-2015, 03:17 PM
@Khrolan

@Khrolan:

I am still wondering what's your reasoning behind the desicion of making The Library as a full non - PvP area. In before you state you reasoning, let me state my point of view on this: right now the game does not offer any particular way of permanent open-world pvp. I would agree that you can find it if you are looking for it, but other than world boss fights or rifts/ganking we do not have anything to test our skills on. Obviously this is an issue for the pvp playerbase. But imagine an instance, where you are spending most of your days (this will eventually happen). What would you want to do there? Keep killing npcs over and over again untill you are dead bored? Well, this is unavoidable, so we will just have to deal with it. However, if in the mentioned instance you would have a choice for contest on some boosted drops and/or experience, where people can actually fight eachother for it? Would that not be fun? I understand that you fear of completely closing this instance for certain groups of people by making it all PvP zone. But consider maiking it mixed zone - 1st floor non-PvP, the rest - perma-PvP. In this case you would see tons of people in Auroria, constant action there and everyone would be happy - carebears would take over 1st floor, and the ones who lack action, would go over for the rest 2.

+++ Agree

Arkness
01-23-2015, 03:31 PM
@Khrolan: Stop dodging the question and answer WHEN is Timber Coupe going to be re-introduced. You told us the same ♥♥♥♥ for 2 months now, we know that you want to tweak it, we want to know WHEN are you going to get it done.

Shootersa
01-23-2015, 04:19 PM
@Khrolan The current Drop Rates in Auroria is horrible, there is no use in farming auroria at all since you almost get nothing out of it, what are your plans on changing that and what will you do to make Auroria more profitable other then to farm for weeks to maybe find 1 Haunted Chest that might drop the cloak that you want.

Durdles
01-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Khrolan, you suggest that Archeum is too high. It was too high five days ago when I paid 4 gold for a shard... now that same sunlight shard is TEN gold+ on my server cluster LESS than a week later. TEN GOLD FOR A SHARD! It has crippled crafting.

When there are only 3 crafted level 50 shields on the AH for 4 servers, there's a problem.

Yes, when a high-end crafter such as your self gets lucky he should be paid well, but what about the other 90% who are not "high end crafters", and the 90% of the high end crafters who NEVER get lucky? When an epherium weapon is priced at 20,000 and a Delph is 75,000 there's a serious problem.

The new player who joins and isn't willing or able to spend a cpl thousand RL dollars with gold farmers is literally never going to be on par, unless weapon and armor prices are cut by 75%.

A Heroic Magnificent shield is now 2400 gold on my server. TWO WEEKS AGO it was 750.

PLEASE help!

Personally, I make my gold buying and selling on the AH, so I am now making more gold than I EVER have, but I'd sacrifice that to see new people be able to compete and the game grow.

Lowering the prices of everything will not hurt anyone! Even the high end crafters, while selling for less will have a LOT more clients.

If we could buy archeum from a vendor or the cash shop it would change the game!

youtube Jasonwivart
01-23-2015, 05:29 PM
It makes me wonder how bugged this car is, needing so long to get it fixed. I haven't seen it in action wherein it could scale vertical walls as reported. Would this have to do with it's jump ability? And if so, if the ability will be changed, It would be nice to know ahead of time so we can decide on which one we want.

Also, while you're on the topic of “what the hell was that” and “man that’s OP”, I'm sure you've heard of the Mirage Donkey's bug. It can go faster than 15m/s while having a trade pack, which is faster than the base speed of a race car without fuel. From your other posts, I take it you also play the game, try catching up to one of these. It's bugged, it's OP, it's still in the game, it's been almost 3 months, yet the Timber Coupe was taken out immediately.

It doesn't really matter since a farm cart/wagon/car is better to carry packs anyways.

1Se7eN1
01-23-2015, 05:30 PM
the best things i can see to help this game's economy and impact on future subs to archeage would be to,
change the way things are crafted (eg, no more lower lvl items req to make newer ones ) just change the amount of req materials needed to craft said item, dont change the req labor
though..
i would talk to XL about another labor increase to 20 per 5 min for subs and the max set to 7000 and leave f2p the same as it is now,
i would also look into a possibility on a megaserver system since you already have housing based in certain locations. location of house= that
map or area is locked to there designated server and can only see ppl from the same server in that area.
im thinking the way trino set up defiance would work here since the main problem in defiance was the constant events running 24/7 that caused crashes and server clogs.
i would also recommend adding a better benefit to pvp (eg, 3000 honor for exchange for 200g) would give players a better reason to go out and kill others. people who
are constantly farmed for kills will gain no honor after say 5 kills within 5 mins( only active in open world of course )
if you could also talk to XL about introducing your own style of instance based maps ( pvp castle seige maybe? or even some more dungeons/raids ) they dont need to
have high end gear per say you could always drop salvagables and high end crafting stuff until of course actual patches are said to release with new gear etc.
if you also changed the perspective on the RNG aspect of this game (even by 5% ) would have a major impact on the buyer base even
making thunderstruck trees more known in the open world ;) have spawn points high up in mountains and watch the pvp soar and the prices drop
( just imagine running below a mountain and seeing a big thundercloud covering it, everyone would be running up that thing for trees! )
i know there are alot more issues bugs etc to address but these were the underlying issues that seemed to effect the game the most in my opinion.
it is all just an idea but i hope most people understand the concept of what most of these things could bring to the economy of this game. i do
enjoy it but having nothing feel like a reward and just hard work doensnt make me want to play the game for more than a few hours a week. on the
other hand im glad there is someone willing to step up to the plate and at least is open to suggestions.

Durdles
01-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Khrolan... PLEASE take a 2 minute look at this thread!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?155953-Poorly-thought-out-plan-New-Exploitable-Area

Jinsky
01-23-2015, 06:03 PM
It doesn't really matter since a farm cart/wagon/car is better to carry packs anyways.

Each has it's own benefits. A donkey can go up steep hills that farm carts/wagons/haulers can't. Also using the mirage donkey for example to blitz packs to the trader, even in freedich can be very useful. To say it doesn't matter, means there's no more use to have donkeys, yet people still use them and people still buy them. I have Carrot Dash, 2 farm haulers, and am waiting to build my Timber Coupe when it comes back. They all have their uses.

Anj
01-23-2015, 06:20 PM
@Khrolan

I was watching the stream and we've finally got someone that understands the game. You're the man!

I've been listening and everything you said was coherent and went into detail of the problems.

This guys knows what players want.

Looks like Trion hired the right guy.

I believe!

Pangloss
01-23-2015, 06:24 PM
@Khrolan:

Aka we want t to make it to where people cannot gain gear and just kill them when they enter the zone and control them as a guild so that no one can progress and they all quit. "does not offer any particular way of permanent open-world pvp" All of the current zones of Auroria are Open-world PvP, all outside of the Library they're going to make it to where you can open-world pvp them, there's a giant ocean and gulfs you can pvp at, 10 zones in east and west you can pvp, two types of arenas 5v5 and 1v1, there is a Player Factions vs West Faction vs East Faction zone in 1.7. Ganking people while they are fighting an npc in the library isn't a way for you to "test your skills" it doesn't take skill to kill someone while they are fighting something else and then it's you + the npc killing them. 1v1 Arena, 5v5 Arena, Halcyona War, and the upcoming FvFvF PvP Area is where you should go to actually test your "skills" and not just areas where you can gank people while they are killing other things.

Diamond Shores should be a peace zone since it's main thing is about people leveling being a leveling hub for lvl 55. It's not supposed to be a pvp zone. It's made for people to level from 50 to 55 in.

Pangloss
01-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Then make the parts with the best mobs contested, some floors etc. Imagine if Hasla was a constant peace zone, i'd fall asleep and shoot myself from the mindless button mashing.. at least the territorial aspect spices it up a bit.

Hasla as a constant peace zone would be fine. Would stop the ganking of people trying to get gear by those that already have all the gear. Because you know people don't want to fight people on their own level, they prefer to go after those trying to get their stuff to get to the higher fields. No competition ganking = what pvpers want.

Jinsky
01-23-2015, 06:52 PM
@Khrolan

I was watching the stream and we've finally got someone that understands the game. You're the man!

I've been listening and everything you said was coherent and went into detail of the problems.

This guys knows what players want.

Looks like Trion hired the right guy.

I believe!

Yep, watched it too, and from his responses here, he has the point of view from a player perspective which is great!

Gothix
01-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi,

I'd just like to point out another issue that this game has, and that is severe lack of pirate population, due to severe limitations imposed on pirates.

On my server there is literally a handful of pirates, and those are the people that only go for their Desert Fox title and then back to "light side" again.

Having more pirates that attack ships and appear in PvP as 3rd side would make game much more fun.

You need to sit down and see what would motivate some players to actually become pirates. That would mean reducing the limitations imposed on them, giving them additional benefits or both.

What comes to mind as the first simple thing, would be giving pirates an ability to attack anyone during peace time. They are pirates, they do not care about peace right?

Maybe some other changes like making pirates earn 100% reward from stolen trade packs instead of current 80%, or making pirates able to shorten their prison debuff after escaping through some mechanics.

This are just some ideas, but i think many will agree, we need more pirates for game to be more fun. Actually as situation is now, we would be happy with any pirates at all...

Ty for considering this. Have a nice day!

Khrolan
01-23-2015, 07:25 PM
All,

Thanks for your feedback and the support. A lot of the questions/comments were spoken about (some of them only briefly) in today's live stream. We'll be streaming every 2 weeks. If you didn't have a chance to watch live I encourage you to check out the replay on our twitch channel when you have time (twitch.tv/trionworlds). I'm going to set aside some time each week to have a thread similar to this one where we can interact. You guys rock, thanks for all the positivity, and have a great weekend.

@Durdles, I'll check out the thread later tonight / this weekend.

@Gothix, Yeah us pirates are a small bunch. The lifestyle isn't for everyone that's for sure. In my experience, folks try it out - some stay, some realize the green way of life is better for them. Our goal with some future content is to get everyone back to the sea (this happens a lot with 1.7) - this should indirectly, positively affect pirates. You have some good feedback we'll keep it in mind when we have those discussions.

Matey
01-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Theres no motivation to go pirating right now for me at least. I go steal someones stuff then stash it on growl for weeks until someone gets mad enough about it being in the way and tries to turn it in or it just dissapears cause we give up reseting the timer. The most time consuming and painful part of pirating is turning things in. Give us our fish stand and gold trader. seen so many pirates quit the game or leave faction because of how tedious it is turning in stolen goods and the complete lack of interest on trions part (historically... look for the 100~ page thread in general) about improving the situation.

Nirvii
01-23-2015, 09:15 PM
@Khrolan, can you please atleast provide some feedback on this siege mechanic and how u plan to solve this? The discussion had been started for months yet no official response at all on the issue. Right now attacking the castle who know what to do is impossible and already made top guilds gave up on this game. Here a link to your own thread Dev
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?140449-Share-Your-Castle-Siege-Balance-Feedback!

Kerpal
01-23-2015, 09:28 PM

My name is Merv Lee Kwai, also known as "Khrolan", and I've recently had the honor of joining the ArcheAge team as a Producer. I became involved with ArcheAge during early Alpha stages and continue to play passionately today. Itís a pleasure to meet you and I know the future is going to be bright with us working together.

Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai
Producer - ArcheAge

After i read the marked sentence i can not take you seriously anymore.

BigMac
01-23-2015, 11:52 PM
After i read the marked sentence i can not take you seriously anymore.

Why is that? I too have been playing since early Alpha and continue to play nearly every day.

Kobe
01-24-2015, 12:41 AM
Khrolan, it's really good to know you actually play the game unlike other Trion staff who seem to have no idea what's going on.

That being said, the archeum issue needs to be fixed ASAP, and not "We will need to work with XLGames", because every time you guys say that nothing ever happens! Archeum prices have doubled in just a few days making crafting practically impossible except for the biggest whales. Please, do something immediate like adding multiple archeum dust/shards/crystals to the divine gift loot table.

TheOuroborus
01-24-2015, 05:23 AM

http://i.imgur.com/kcstJ.gif

Monzter
01-24-2015, 07:39 AM
All,

Thanks for your feedback and the support. A lot of the questions/comments were spoken about (some of them only briefly) in today's live stream. We'll be streaming every 2 weeks. If you didn't have a chance to watch live I encourage you to check out the replay on our twitch channel when you have time (twitch.tv/trionworlds). I'm going to set aside some time each week to have a thread similar to this one where we can interact. You guys rock, thanks for all the positivity, and have a great weekend.

@Durdles, I'll check out the thread later tonight / this weekend.

@Gothix, Yeah us pirates are a small bunch. The lifestyle isn't for everyone that's for sure. In my experience, folks try it out - some stay, some realize the green way of life is better for them. Our goal with some future content is to get everyone back to the sea (this happens a lot with 1.7) - this should indirectly, positively affect pirates. You have some good feedback we'll keep it in mind when we have those discussions.

You didnt even mention half of the bigest problems ..
Example:
Like do you even think Arena in this game is a problem ?>
Doing arena in 1v1 vs a guy who is poting up constantly and come in arena with all buffs in game that is just ok ha ?
Example:
Using : Revitalizin + Nui + Desert = up to 12 000 hp instant heal
(side note^^ you can have a macro for that)

One other thing you fail to understand ... Think from point of view of a guy that started to play now not pre alpha or alpha player like you who proly have bilions of gold on your account ...

What he can do in game ? ( not talking about credit card warriors ) he dont have gold or proficiency to make some gold ... he cant do arenas he dont have a merchant .. and when he see prices on AH he will proly delete game even before giving it a decent try ...

JerryBoyle
01-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Why is that? I too have been playing since early Alpha and continue to play nearly every day.
Same here. Kerpal must have thought we all left.

Anj
01-24-2015, 12:28 PM
What he can do in game ? ( not talking about credit card warriors ) he dont have gold or proficiency to make some gold ... he cant do arenas he dont have a merchant .. and when he see prices on AH he will proly delete game even before giving it a decent try ...

You start from the bottom and work your way up. Archeage functions a lot like real life, the gap in the economy is huge. There are plenty of things to do though, if you play it smartly you can eventually work your way up.

I agree with Arena potting/buffs though, it shouldn't be allowed there. But, no one usually uses nui's. Desert fires you can hardly notice the difference tbh.

Durdles
01-24-2015, 12:29 PM
You didnt even mention half of the bigest problems ..
Example:
Like do you even think Arena in this game is a problem ?>
Doing arena in 1v1 vs a guy who is poting up constantly and come in arena with all buffs in game that is just ok ha ?
Example:
Using : Revitalizin + Nui + Desert = up to 12 000 hp instant heal
(side note^^ you can have a macro for that)

One other thing you fail to understand ... Think from point of view of a guy that started to play now not pre alpha or alpha player like you who proly have bilions of gold on your account ...

I agree, the economy needs to be fixed so a new player can have a better chance... but the arena is fine. If someone worked to get the gold to buy pots, he should be able to use them, saying otherwise is silly.

lisaa
01-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Aka we want t to make it to where people cannot gain gear and just kill them when they enter the zone and control them as a guild so that no one can progress and they all quit. "does not offer any particular way of permanent open-world pvp" All of the current zones of Auroria are Open-world PvP, all outside of the Library they're going to make it to where you can open-world pvp them, there's a giant ocean and gulfs you can pvp at, 10 zones in east and west you can pvp, two types of arenas 5v5 and 1v1, there is a Player Factions vs West Faction vs East Faction zone in 1.7. Ganking people while they are fighting an npc in the library isn't a way for you to "test your skills" it doesn't take skill to kill someone while they are fighting something else and then it's you + the npc killing them. 1v1 Arena, 5v5 Arena, Halcyona War, and the upcoming FvFvF PvP Area is where you should go to actually test your "skills" and not just areas where you can gank people while they are killing other things.

Diamond Shores should be a peace zone since it's main thing is about people leveling being a leveling hub for lvl 55. It's not supposed to be a pvp zone. It's made for people to level from 50 to 55 in.

Well mate, seems you are quite kind of carebear. I am a part of a 300 man guild. Yet our guild is constant party based, what means we consist of small, self-sufficient groups, which cooperates only for big scale events such as world bosses/sieges and so on.. While getting library as a pvp zone might seem to be in favor for me, it is not. We will be farming it as a 10 man squad, not as a whole guild, who is trying to occupy the whole instance. That's why I am insist on reconsidering this desicion. The most fun of pvp in this game comes from middle scale battles (10v10 and up until 50v50). I and many of my comrades want to have some challenge while farming up our levels and equipment, that's it. Anyway, you seem to be a carebear, so you won't understand.

Injury
01-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I notice a massive amount of people complaining about diamond shores being a contested zone. I like the idea of it being pvp , considering how if people want to grind for their newer gear they have to pretty much go to that zone, if it wasn't pvp that means it would be flooded 24/7 with people grinding (think hasla during peace 24/7, we all know how annoying that is) Not to mention once 55 comes out , people are going to need a way to get exp. The individuals who do not suck at pvp already should know by now if they are paying attention how much exp you get during a war, it adds up very quickly , ranging from a 1-2k ish (including honor points :o) depending on how much you contributed to a kill. Having DS in contested once it goes to war means those who can pvp will be able to level very quickly by steam rolling people who are trying to farm (since im sure the zone is going to be flooded with people when it first comes out). As a pirate, I am 100% fine with this. Please keep it PVP enabled! If you dont want to die stay in a safe zone or wait until DS goes to peace(assuming they allow it to have a contested level) or get better at the game.

You literally have no excuse considering how 16 zones (including the ocean which takes up about 70% of the overall play area) in this game are contested areas, and everyone was introduced to the concept of being killed by others around level 30. Theres no reason for hand holding here from Trion. High level content should come with high risks.

PVPers are going to find you,
You can try to run and hide
but they are going to eventually catch you and violate you.

Pangloss
01-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Well mate, seems you are quite kind of carebear. I am a part of a 300 man guild. Yet our guild is constant party based, what means we consist of small, self-sufficient groups, which cooperates only for big scale events such as world bosses/sieges and so on.. While getting library as a pvp zone might seem to be in favor for me, it is not. We will be farming it as a 10 man squad, not as a whole guild, who is trying to occupy the whole instance. That's why I am insist on reconsidering this desicion. The most fun of pvp in this game comes from middle scale battles (10v10 and up until 50v50). I and many of my comrades want to have some challenge while farming up our levels and equipment, that's it. Anyway, you seem to be a carebear, so you won't understand.

"You're a carebear you won't understand." And you're just someone who likes to 10v1 people and don't actually know of what pvp actually is. In the Russian servers there are large guilds that are stopping others from even entering the upper tiers. So no I do know what I'm talking about and know how to actually pvp unlike you who prefers easy ganks. Perhaps you will learn how to actually pvp instead of hide behind others and zerg rush people soloing a mob to have npcs assist you. To put Sun Tzu's quote you have as your sig into your pvp style "The greatest victory is that which requires no challenge."

Pangloss
01-24-2015, 02:11 PM
considering how if people want to grind for their newer gear they have to pretty much go to that zone, if it wasn't pvp that means it would be flooded 24/7 with people grinding (think hasla during peace 24/7, we all know how annoying that is) Not to mention once 55 comes out , people are going to need a way to get exp.

Firstly, you don't have to be in only DS for the newer gear. All of Auroria can drop the items for it. The other zones in Auroria the mobs are going to increase in level to change out of just all being level 50.

Secondly, it's just going to be set up the same as the rest of Auroria for outside of the Library. Where it's a Neutral Zone, not a switching between War, Peace, and the Stages of Dispute. So you won't get honor, but can pvp.

Monzter
01-24-2015, 02:15 PM
I agree, the economy needs to be fixed so a new player can have a better chance... but the arena is fine. If someone worked to get the gold to buy pots, he should be able to use them, saying otherwise is silly.

You are missing the point ...

If you have a game that F2P ( tho F2P model is just a illusion if you want to progres in game for "most" of players )
And you have arena in that game i am let's say alpha player i made tons of gold and can afford full buffs ( or i am a credit card warrior :P ) -- >
Example : i go in arena with

1. Spellbook: Brick Wall - -60 all types of dmg recieved
2. Spellbook Unstoppable Force
3. Tangy Soda
4. Rib kebab +60 agi / or what ever your class use
5. Ancient library relic + 2400 M.D
6. Kingdoms Heart + 2400 P.D
7. Honor Potion / one of the : +15% dmg / +1400 focus / + 1200 T/R etc ....
8.?
9.?
10.?

(?* is other players buffs depends on class you play they can be from HP buffs to cast speed % buff )

I done this couple of times because of idiots who come in arena with all those buffs + all other player buffs
And as i play mostly StoneArow in arena when i see dreambraker or something like that with all buffs mentioned + player buffs ... i wish to slap the guy who made this game in the face !!!!!!!!!
(+ if he using macro for 12 000 instant heal )

Go kill that ...

But what heappens when i with all those buffs get normal guy / new player in arena 1v1 ?!
i fcking 2 HIT HIM
If he have quest gear or cloth it's even close to 1 hiting him with my archer ...
(imagine OP Dagerspells for example with all those buffs ?!)
Imagine Daggerspell who is doing 20 k dmg with chain./arc. combo ... Yep with 2 spells he is hiting leather user over 20 000 dmg ...

Is that ok ?

I dont find joy in 2 hiting someone !! that is not a good PVP that is pure ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ !

Maugrem
01-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Thank you guys for starting the livestream. Was a huge success when I was an active GW2 player. Look forward to more substantive discussions with you guys via the twitch channel.

Scrivean
01-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Khrolan, welcome. I have read through this thread and watched your stream and there is a ton of work to do, good luck.

One of your answers during the stream did not sit well with me regarding healers. I have played since alpha start, at least when we could pay to play, and have played heals all the way through. Yesterday you stated that healing is different in AA and I got the feeling that there really is not anyone seriously looking at it. First I have to disagree with your answer because healing in AA is not different, players take damage, we bring them back to a manageable health level to survive the encounter/battle, same as many other mmos. One of the main issues is that when the stat was changed from int to spirit, there was no gear. XL did come back and add in quest clubs and a 2H greatclub for Hasla but nothing else. Every other class, in general (tank/dps) can get armor/weapon drops from instances and quests. Yes, the best gear is still crafted but, other options are available through instances all they way through Sea of Drowned Love for everyone except healers. Yes, there may one or two exceptions, a club in lower level instances, or an earring in Serpentis, but that is nothing compared to other classes that receive good "on use" abilities or set bonuses. A tank or dps (ranged, melee, or magic) can gear through epherium equivalency by running instances, while healers have to have armor crafted. This brings in other factors like the economy, rng, and having to spend much more money than could be required by any of the others. Yes they, non-healers, could spend the money, but they do not have to. This creates an environment where healers have to spend most or all of their time and money to get the gear to run instances with their guild/friends so that everyone else gets geared for the next big thing, and get no reward for it except that they then need to earn more money to have gear crafted so they can go heal that new thing.

I know that creating new gear and adjusting loot tables is probably a lot of work that XL does not want to do, heck chances are that something might break within the table if they did. An easier solution could be to create a set of gear for each level (18 dungeon, 32 dungeon, 45 dungeon, 50 dungeons, 10 mans) and create a vendor in each capital who will trade a healer piece for the appropriate cloth piece, i.e. chest for chest, or whatever at the same level. No need to rework drop percentages. They could even add in a trade for the Hasla 2h weps for an equivalent 1h club, as the grinding effort would be the same.

One of the best parts of the game is that gear is good for both pve and pvp.

I hope that future content includes new healer gear.

jeffbenefiel
01-24-2015, 07:52 PM
I don't care if it's nerfed, bring back the Submarine. If you want to make it more fun later, fine, but let the fanatic Machinists who've poured money hand over fist leveling up that skill and buying/crafting insane rare materials to at least have a month or two of bragging rights, like the car owners.

Durdles
01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
You are missing the point ...

If you have a game that F2P ( tho F2P model is just a illusion if you want to progres in game for "most" of players )
And you have arena in that game i am let's say alpha player i made tons of gold and can afford full buffs ( or i am a credit card warrior :P ) -- >
Example : i go in arena with

1. Spellbook: Brick Wall - -60 all types of dmg recieved
2. Spellbook Unstoppable Force
3. Tangy Soda
4. Rib kebab +60 agi / or what ever your class use
5. Ancient library relic + 2400 M.D
6. Kingdoms Heart + 2400 P.D
7. Honor Potion / one of the : +15% dmg / +1400 focus / + 1200 T/R etc ....
8.?
9.?
10.?

(?* is other players buffs depends on class you play they can be from HP buffs to cast speed % buff )

I done this couple of times because of idiots who come in arena with all those buffs + all other player buffs
And as i play mostly StoneArow in arena when i see dreambraker or something like that with all buffs mentioned + player buffs ... i wish to slap the guy who made this game in the face !!!!!!!!!
(+ if he using macro for 12 000 instant heal )

Go kill that ...

But what heappens when i with all those buffs get normal guy / new player in arena 1v1 ?!
i fcking 2 HIT HIM
If he have quest gear or cloth it's even close to 1 hiting him with my archer ...
(imagine OP Dagerspells for example with all those buffs ?!)
Imagine Daggerspell who is doing 20 k dmg with chain./arc. combo ... Yep with 2 spells he is hiting leather user over 20 000 dmg ...

Is that ok ?

I dont find joy in 2 hiting someone !! that is not a good PVP that is pure ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ !

I totally understand... and ayup, thats's ok. Life isn't fair, neither is the area sometimes. Why put gear in the game if ppl can't use it?

Monzter
01-24-2015, 08:43 PM
I totally understand... and ayup, thats's ok. Life isn't fair, neither is the area sometimes. Why put gear in the game if ppl can't use it?

Ok ok .. i get it you are one of credit card warriors :P

Wolfguarde
01-24-2015, 09:22 PM
I've mostly skimmed the thread, but I've got a couple of questions and suggestions.

Suggestions:

- De-normalise mounts: Set them back to how they were in alpha, with the better mounts being significantly harder to obtain. To rebalance this for those who like specific pets, add a potential system similar to that in ESO, where the stats of a mount can be levelled to match up to or at least compete with those of faster/more viable mounts.

- Archeum trees need to produce more, period. Since it's unlikely you're going to be able to permanently eliminate bots, you might as well make archeum influx on the market player-driven through a means that is harder to maintain as a bot. Known bots on Auroria will be torn to pieces if they own land, so this is a win-win for everyone.

- Denormalise gliders. There is no reason for these to have been rebalanced, and superior gliders are another branch on this game's progression tree. People who want cash shop gliders are still going to buy them for the skins.

- Block list needs to cover mail as well as chat, for obvious reasons. I'm tired of sending bot mail back to the sender because I can't delete it, and I'm definitely not the only one.

Now, for my questions...

- When do we get bounty hunter content?
As someone with a deep and unrelenting hatred for bots, I've been waiting for this since I first heard about it in Alpha - I sadly never got high enough to test it before release, but the crime system is one of the features that first piqued my interest in the game, and it isn't complete without enforcers. People are going to call potential for abuse on this, but that can be fixed by making abuse of the mechanic punishable with temp/permanent bans. This game needs this feature. When are we getting it?

- Are there any plans to change trade pack values as labour inflates?
The cost of labour potions isn't going down, and trade runs for gold are rapidly becoming an obsolete method of making money compared to other means. Are there plans to increase the gold yield from trade pack runs? I can see this easily being done by making the gold earned through trade runs a lot more dependent on a player's commerce proficiency, but there should be semi-regular examination and adjustment of the gold yield compared to the equivalent value of labour in the game.

Last, and most important...

- When are we getting player-made nations?
This is one of the main reasons I'm staying with the game. I know it's a long way off, but are we able to get a rough ETA on when we can expect them to be implemented?

lisaa
01-25-2015, 01:33 AM
"You're a carebear you won't understand." And you're just someone who likes to 10v1 people and don't actually know of what pvp actually is. In the Russian servers there are large guilds that are stopping others from even entering the upper tiers. So no I do know what I'm talking about and know how to actually pvp unlike you who prefers easy ganks. Perhaps you will learn how to actually pvp instead of hide behind others and zerg rush people soloing a mob to have npcs assist you. To put Sun Tzu's quote you have as your sig into your pvp style "The greatest victory is that which requires no challenge."

I said you won't understand. You are claiming something about me like you would actually know what kind of a player or person I am. Not even close I would say. Seems you did not read my previous post and just took whatever suits you best. There is no reason to argue with people who can't be reasoned with.

Jimmy P
01-25-2015, 04:35 AM
Yeah what I'm about to say is negative, but I don't really care at this point.

One of our top goals for the New Year is to be more transparent when we communicate with you.

It concerns me that you initially assumed a philosophy counter to this was an intelligent choice.

Since Auroria’s launch, we’ve seen players combine efforts on a large scale to claim, build and maintain castles. We’ve seen successful sieges and successful siege defenses. War is a difficult undertaking and that’s largely due to the costs to wage battle and the comforts defenders receive. We will spend some time tuning siege mechanics to create a greater sense of risk and a more balanced interaction between competing guilds.

I find the idea of successful sieges comical. On my server, the same few guilds have had their castles from the beginning and nobody else even tries anymore. The member requirements to siege castles is overwhelming for most guilds, so I hope that the update to castles addresses this, but I doubt it will.

Serpentis and The Sea of Drowned Love have received a frequent amount of traffic since their release as players compete for their spoils. In order to encourage continued exploration of these dungeons, we have temporarily reduced their barrier to entry by providing easier access, entrance tokens and new quests that grant rewards like Lunadrops, Lunafrosts and temporary duration jewelry upon completion.

I haven't tried either of these dungeons yet, but I find dungeons in this game really boring. Most (all?) bosses are completely immune to DOTs, the idea of debuffs at all on bosses seems to be lost on XL, there's 3 or 4 specs that are astronomically more popular than any of the 100+ others, and there is absolutely no advantage to playing melee in dungeons beyond the crippling challenge it creates for your group. I'm glad to see that some people still enjoy it though.

Examples of this include the recent spike to regrade components and archeum crystals which ultimately led to some areas of crafting being cost prohibitive. To combat this issue, we will begin to slowly introduce alternative drop methods to the game--reminiscent of the way rumbling archeum saplings influenced the price of thunderstruck trees, but on a much more controlled level.

I don't find a shortage or high demand for regrades or archeum surprising with such unfavorable RNG; is the economy for these different in Korea? I'm certainly not opposed to making them more accessible though.

A main focus for the future of the product is improving the daily quality of life for ArcheAge players. We are shifting priorities to deliver game mechanics that some of the veteran players will recognize like the PvP Arena and Fishing Tournaments. We have a challenge here to ensure that the rewards for these systems are congruent with the way the game has evolved, but that obstacle should be solved in the near term and we will deliver these events as soon as they’re finalized.

My disdain for arenas in Archeage is due more to the lack of class balance and inability to queue from anywhere than the rewards, but hey, let's give the people with better gear an even bigger advantage!

Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value. It’s important to us that a reward reflects the level of effort taken to obtain it and we realize that’s not always the case with this category. Normalization has become a bad word of sorts but we believe that’s something we can change through intelligent decisions.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. I wasn't bothered by mount normalization as much as other people seemed to be. Lots of people want mounts to be less normalized though, so it's good that you're responding to some requests.

Our future updates will also include an increase to the overall integrity and fairness of the game. Some of these are fundamental changes like adding a global trade channel to remove some of the spam from faction chat, the ability to ignore or refuse mail from blocked senders and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously. You may have also noticed recent efforts to purge players who employ third party programs to gain an advantage while playing Archeage. This is an on-going focus and is necessary to ensure everyone is on an equal playing field.

Global trade might remove spam from legitimate players of the game who are just trying to sell/buy something to avoid large AH fees, but all I see this improvement doing is giving each gold spammer an additional channel to spam in at once. Why isn't there any mention of fixing your broken-♥♥♥ spam reporting or filters? It's not uncommon for the same spammer to endlessly spam the same message every few seconds in both Nation and Faction for 15 minutes or more.

Perhaps it's a large problem on other servers, but running around my server I rarely see unbuilt structures. This could have fixed a problem 3 or 4 months ago, however now I think this improvement is irrelevant.

Was the purpose of Hackshield not to prevent players from using this advantageous software from the beginning? Or are you telling me that I've been coping with this cancer (Hackshield) for nothing?

We’re also excited to see how the introduction of Obsidian Weapons and additional skill points influence the classes you choose to play.

Other than seeing more spellslingers popping up to nuke a few people and then ♥♥♥♥, I predict very little change in class popularity. Perhaps we will see more stone arrows migrating to primeval?

Pangloss
01-25-2015, 06:37 AM
I said you won't understand. You are claiming something about me like you would actually know what kind of a player or person I am. Not even close I would say. Seems you did not read my previous post and just took whatever suits you best. There is no reason to argue with people who can't be reasoned with.

As you claim throwing around the term carebear at anyone that doesn't care to be a zerger like yourself. Perhaps one day you will actually understand and learn how to pvp instead of going for no challenge battles and thinking you're good.

madtownliz
01-25-2015, 07:28 AM
... and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously

Ok, I agree that something needs to be done about land grabbers/hoarders. And this is a good solution. However, here's my concern with it (based on a true story):

Player has patiently accumulated two 16x16 structures and an 8x8, just waiting for that other house in the corner to fall or be available for sale so they can place the 24x24 farmhouse they've been wanting. Finally! The spot is theirs! They buy the 24x24 deed, pull up the other three structures, go to place the farmhouse: "Can't be placed on a slope." Oh crap! The smaller buildings fit, but it's too steep for a big one! Cue the scrambling to get the deeds for the original structures and put them back where they were before someone else grabs the spots.

Yeah, this happened to me (and I'm still kinda ticked off... it's not THAT big of a hill). But I was able to re-claim my property. If the unbuilt structure limit were 1 or 2, I would have been hosed - there's no way I could have gotten everything rebuilt before someone found and grabbed the remaining free land.

So yeah, some people hoard unbuilt structures hoping to get rich off them, but others are just placeholders for something better, because at this point in the game the only way to get a 24x24 or larger is to either slowly accumulate enough smaller pieces of land for it, or buy it off someone who has a lower ping than you and won the click lottery when something decayed.

russellvaldez
01-25-2015, 08:06 AM
Diamond Shores should have remained a peace zone... perhaps with an occassional war time (not the crisis levels.... just peace and a war period once in a while).... would let both sides have their pie...

Ripit
01-25-2015, 01:41 PM
This sounds great, and glad to hear Trion/XLGames is striving to improve the NA version of Archeage. This is a very fun game, even with the problems I have encountered, I still enjoy it very much. Hope things do improve, and can't wait to see these improvements. I know it's hard work, but as long as this can be communicated with the community, there will be more happier customers.

TheOuroborus
01-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Diamond Shores should have remained a peace zone... perhaps with an occassional war time (not the crisis levels.... just peace and a war period once in a while).... would let both sides have their pie...

Just another gankfest zone I'll never play.

TheOuroborus
01-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Sooo... what happened to Victoria? And if communication is so bad, what will happen to Scapes?

Aylar
01-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Limiting the un-built properties people can have will help the landhacking problem, but it's a bandaid to limit the damage they do, more steps are necessary.

The demolition system itself is broken. The land immediately going fully "open" is the problem. Any number of fixes would help with this: most significantly, requiring people to be 50 for the larger plots (anything over 16x16 [AND ensuring those that violate that get banned- a script could do it for you]), and giving people in family/in guild priority to the properties somehow: perhaps an option for family, then guild to bid on the property.
A bidding system to claim the land if it is demoing within 24 hours (which would cut into any land-selling "profit" and remove gold from the system) would probably almost entirely solve the problem. I solemnly swear I would rather the gold disappear than it go into some hacker's pockets.

Additionally, the placement system is busted. Placing land from 35 meters away while invisible isn't healthy. It should require you to be ontop of it, and perform a small animation... which is also immersive and sensible. That way, if someone places the land from "nowhere" you can submit a video as proof that they are cheating.

Monzter
01-25-2015, 06:18 PM
So are you guys bringing back monster drops ?
So they have a chance to drop armors / Archeum as in old times ?

Save this game and do it ....

8 gold Archeum shard / 40 gold Archeum crystal tonight on my server ...

JReezy
01-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Please increase labor production. It is painfully slow.

I enjoy farming/crafting and the economics of the game. I understand the purpose of labor points, but what I don't understand is why it's been designed in such a way that makes wanting to be a full time farmer/crafter feel painful. Regaining labor points right now means I have to choose between having fun with farming/crafting/selling and then paying real money to buy tax certificates or craft taxes and then log out just so I can get the future chance of farming, crafting, selling/buying. To be profitable I need multiple farms and even this necessity makes it more difficult as I need even more tax certs.

In other words, I cannot "afford" to have fun with the incredible crafting system because I'm crafting tax certs just to be able to log in and stay connected. This is confusing.
Also, increasing labor point production seems like it would solve some of the AH fluctuation/supply/demand issues because the more labor I have to craft things with, the more I can flood the market with product.
Also, trade pack values need to go up to offset the high AH prices on just about everything.

Secondly, RNG is killing crafting. Hitting illustrious tier felt like an accomplishment for about 3 seconds until I realized what was really going on.

Thirdly, Auroria gear drops are so low there is no point to Auroria farming.

Fouth, the archeum problem would be greatly helped if you made it easier to get mineral water to water archeum trees. You increase the supply easily by adding mineral water nodes to more places or by allowing us to go back to the old system.

Konnggaxx
01-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Ok, I agree that something needs to be done about land grabbers/hoarders. And this is a good solution. However, here's my concern with it (based on a true story):

Player has patiently accumulated two 16x16 structures and an 8x8, just waiting for that other house in the corner to fall or be available for sale so they can place the 24x24 farmhouse they've been wanting. Finally! The spot is theirs! They buy the 24x24 deed, pull up the other three structures, go to place the farmhouse: "Can't be placed on a slope." Oh crap! The smaller buildings fit, but it's too steep for a big one! Cue the scrambling to get the deeds for the original structures and put them back where they were before someone else grabs the spots.

Yeah, this happened to me (and I'm still kinda ticked off... it's not THAT big of a hill). But I was able to re-claim my property. If the unbuilt structure limit were 1 or 2, I would have been hosed - there's no way I could have gotten everything rebuilt before someone found and grabbed the remaining free land.

So yeah, some people hoard unbuilt structures hoping to get rich off them, but others are just placeholders for something better, because at this point in the game the only way to get a 24x24 or larger is to either slowly accumulate enough smaller pieces of land for it, or buy it off someone who has a lower ping than you and won the click lottery when something decayed.

They should set it up so when you plant your house/structure the terrain terraforms for the structure. The game Shadowbane did this and that game came out what 15 years ago?
ps i'm only lvl 20 atm but the full pvp zone(diamond shores?) sounds awesome can't wait

Monzter
01-27-2015, 10:37 AM
No more posts from Khrolan ?

You forgot to check back this forum bro : ) /?

Meh never trust a player who have zilions of gold and gear ... he dont even care for half of problems ..

Why he would care about healers ? - hes not playing one ..
Why he would care about Archeum ? he have tons of gold ..
Why he would care about Land grab hacks ? .. he's a pirate :D
Why he would care about arena ? .. hes proly one of guys who come in with 100 gold worth pots on him xDD (not to mention proly delphy gear :D ) !

Just saying hahaha ...

Lamoose
01-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Good comms for 24 hours, then radio silence for 3 days...and counting.

Maybe he's going with a picture is worth a thousand words, so a 1 hour video feed @ 30 FPS = 108,000 pictures = 1.08 million words = no need to post again.

JerryBoyle
01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Good comms for 24 hours, then radio silence for 3 days...and counting.

Maybe he's going with a picture is worth a thousand words, so a 1 hour video feed @ 30 FPS = 108,000 pictures = 1.08 million words = no need to post again.
Looks like he made a few posts today.

- http://forums.archeagegame.com/search.php?searchid=3589884

UserName6
01-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Looks like he made a few posts today.

- http://forums.archeagegame.com/search.php?searchid=3589884

If he did they were deleted since that link goes nowhere. This reoccuring pattern with archeage "staff" posting about how they are going to make things better then disappearing seems very odd. Is there a board member that puts the kibosh on hope and player excitement?

I imagine it goes something like this:

New staff member "Look at all these easy things to fix, lets get the player base excited that this game is going to finally have some good communication and positive improvements!"

Board Member (Kim Jong-un) "You give out too much hope, we live on salty tears of frustrated players, you die now."

Then poor scapes has to come and dispose of the body yet again and try and post some random tidbit to hopefully tide the players over tell the next person is hired.

JerryBoyle
01-27-2015, 12:43 PM
If he did they were deleted since that link goes nowhere. This reoccuring pattern with archeage "staff" posting about how they are going to make things better then disappearing seems very odd. Is there a board member that puts the kibosh on hope and player excitement?

I imagine it goes something like this:

New staff member "Look at all these easy things to fix, lets get the player base excited that this game is going to finally have some good communication and positive improvements!"

Board Member (Kim Jong-un) "You give out too much hope, we live on salty tears of frustrated players, you die now."

Then poor scapes has to come and dispose of the body yet again and try and post some random tidbit to hopefully tide the players over tell the next person is hired.
Link works for me, are you clicking it wrong somehow? It goes to all of Khrolan's posts which you can easily view if you open his profile. You can also open the devtracker to see the new posts.

UserName6
01-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Link works for me, are you clicking it wrong somehow? It goes to all of Khrolan's posts which you can easily view if you open his profile. You can also open the devtracker to see the new posts.

Its weird, i can't click on the link and if you do a forums search and search for his name it just shows the one post. If you find his post and click on his profile you can sell all of the posts. I guess I just don't understand the forum search function and what it returns.

Kaios
01-27-2015, 01:13 PM
For what's it worth that link also does not work for me. It returns no results, however I can still clearly see the posts he has made today with the DevTracker so it's moot I guess.

JerryBoyle
01-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Maybe his account got upgraded:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/search.php?searchid=3590555

That's a new one, before when he replied it didn't leave that 'trion head icon' the other trion members have when they post. The old id was '3589884' so that may be the issue if the new link works.

Monzter
01-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe his account got upgraded:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/search.php?searchid=3590555

That's a new one, before when he replied it didn't leave that 'trion head icon' the other trion members have when they post. The old id was '3589884' so that may be the issue if the new link works.

nope your links are not working

I watched couple of Archeage known streamers and at this point they are wondering is he realy hope or just a pawn in Trion games to buy more time ..

mistergristle
01-28-2015, 10:28 AM
What's going to be done about tax certs being 3 gold and 70 silver a pop or Land Transfer Certificates which you need 1 per 100 gold now costing 120 gold each ?

mistergristle
01-28-2015, 10:55 AM
none of these lnks into the next page for this guys profile are working for me.

kathrinalewis
01-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Hello. First of all i want to welcome everyone..

UserName6
01-29-2015, 09:49 AM
nope your links are not working

I watched couple of Archeage known streamers and at this point they are wondering is he realy hope or just a pawn in Trion games to buy more time ..

Lets see looking back at the past and all of our experience with Trion we all know that they have been a beacon of truth and transparency.... Yea hes just a pawn to stop more people from leaving. His post again is just a slightly better crafted version of "We would like to make the game better and we know there are great fixes out but we just simply don't want to really spend the effort, time or cash to actually get them into the game, so sorry."

It's so very hard for a lot of us considering we know Trion has made millions of dollars on this game to watch and wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes. I for one would love to see it, i feel like they have no project management and leadership. It feels like if you were to watch a day in the life of trion it would probably go something like this:
1) Get to work, see lots of major issues/problems.
2) Make those issues/problems someone else's issues/problems.
3) Play some LoL at work.
4) Post requirement of 3 posts a day on forums.
5) Play some more LoL.
6) Check on if issues problems got resolved by someone else, send off other issues/problems.
7) Go home.

Trion this could all be fixed by having a communication plan. Post what is going on all the time, for example look at camelot unchained, pretend all your subscribers are your stakeholders and be transparent with them.

(see you guys again after the temp forum ban).

Monzter
01-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Cmn ... post something about fixing economy ...

We deserve some answers ...

1. Why not bring monster drops in game as it was in Alpha ?!! ( gear / archeum )
2. Why not bring back Waterlogged boxes etc ... ????????????????????????? (random stuff / archeum)
Fishing is high risk job and if i want to risk i want maximum reward ..
(If you bring this back here you go ... Gazilion of people back on sea for example)

You are braking this game with removing stuff like that ... good stuff and making game ♥♥♥♥y ..
then trying to fix game ... wtf you doing >?!

There was good stuff in alpha and tons of that stuff got changed when game gone live why ???!
Because people used afk fishing ? (go afk fish in open sea zone and see what will happen ..)
Because bots grinded mobs ?!

Your job is to ban bots ... but every game have bots ... bots are part of game economy ...
What happened when you baned tons of bots ?
Game economy gone to hell ... prices of archeum for example gone up to +500%
Every action have reaction .... think before you do stupid things like that ...

Many people demand answers are this 2 things coming back in game ?!

USFNOOB
01-30-2015, 02:03 PM
During the Rift livestream a couple days back, they said they will not remove Rifts version of the RNG box not because Trion would sieze to make money off the game, but because they would not "make as much money"...

u srs trion?

If you dont believe me go watch the end of the Rift livestream they had a couple days ago and I promise you that you will flip your ♥♥♥♥. This company is dead to me... I have no hopes for ArcheAge becoming the game I want but until theres something to replace it, I'm going to continue riding this rollercoaster of dissapointment.

Black Desert... please don't dissapoint.

Saveric
01-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Rifts version of the RNG box

*snip*

Black Desert... please don't dissapoint.

Now I don't know the rift's version of the boxes, but Gambling aspects of the boxes I don't have an issue with. If you don't like RNG Boxes don't buy them it's what I do. Most F2P games have RNG elements now. They've also stated that they will add counterparts of different styles to be acquirable by normal means as well. IE: Maid Costume Black and White are in RNG. Red is in Marketplace. Blue is in Loyalty.

Black Desert has a 35% Auction Tax. Have fun with that.

Sutckoutofluck
01-30-2015, 03:51 PM
First game I have EVER played where you basically place hard content but kill one of the most needed classes to get through it. Healers or so hard to find because of this crap geez

Saveric
01-30-2015, 04:04 PM
First game I have EVER played where you basically place hard content but kill one of the most needed classes to get through it. Healers or so hard to find because of this crap geez

Yeah I agree healers need more love.

guyuz
01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
dolphins can barely catch up with a fishing boat. it should be obvious that they need a fix.
not to mention, a 100 meter radar? and only for 10 seconds with a 1 minute cd? you realize that we can just see 100 meters ahead, right?

Drasil
01-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Obsidian weapons are going to be introduced with the next major update with the Library, that's really cool !

Will the obsidian armors be introduced as well ?

Emreiana
01-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Ohh pretty please. I would love to have a bit of a safe zone set for people trying to put land together or demo smaller ones for a larger house. Im so scared to put down a bigger house for the sole reason that i would have to risk losing so much. I wouldnt even mind paying for it. Just some sort of protection. :'(

Saveric
01-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Obsidian weapons are going to be introduced with the next major update with the Library, that's really cool ?

Will the obsidian armors be introduced as well ?

No Obsidian Armors won't be. Obsidian Armor are from a Zone west of Diamond Shores. Within that zone is where you farm for the Obsidian Armors.

Monzter
01-31-2015, 03:13 AM
Cmn ... post something about fixing economy ...

We deserve some answers ...

1. Why not bring monster drops in game as it was in Alpha ?!! ( gear / archeum )
2. Why not bring back Waterlogged boxes etc ... ????????????????????????? (random stuff / archeum)
Fishing is high risk job and if i want to risk i want maximum reward ..
(If you bring this back here you go ... Gazilion of people back on sea for example)

You are braking this game with removing stuff like that ... good stuff and making game ♥♥♥♥y ..
then trying to fix game ... wtf you doing >?!

There was good stuff in alpha and tons of that stuff got changed when game gone live why ???!
Because people used afk fishing ? (go afk fish in open sea zone and see what will happen ..)
Because bots grinded mobs ?!

Your job is to ban bots ... but every game have bots ... bots are part of game economy ...
What happened when you baned tons of bots ?
Game economy gone to hell ... prices of archeum for example gone up to +500%
Every action have reaction .... think before you do stupid things like that ...

Many people demand answers are this 2 things coming back in game ?!

No comments on this ?!

pizzaboy200
01-31-2015, 08:27 AM
What happened to Firecait? is she well? To the new producer, have you ever tried giving yourself God(delph mythical for now) items in game as you are a producer? heheheh I know you gave yourself something didnt you!? hahaha jk

Drasil
02-01-2015, 03:57 AM
No Obsidian Armors won't be. Obsidian Armor are from a Zone west of Diamond Shores. Within that zone is where you farm for the Obsidian Armors.

I was pretty sure Obsidian Armor were not in the picture yet but I couldn't find why.
Thanks Saveric for the enlightenment :D

Azimuthio
02-01-2015, 11:56 PM
And I agree with this one. Leave Diamond Shores as it is, don't make it a pvp zone.
+1
I can't see the reason DS as a lvl 50+ zone to be PvP.
I thought you plan it as "special" region and as far I remember I had that quest before I reach lvl 50.
all Auroria it is already a "neutral" zone, there is no need for more.
My opinion?
it is mistake and you will change it OA
do it before you delivered!
you will avoid the extra work

Azimuthio
02-02-2015, 12:06 AM
PS. Bring more faction raids in game. Weekly Wars (with bigger Group than 50 ppl!), something more than the Rifts. That's the best part of AA! That's the fun of it!
not more and more regions without ppl and claims.

ksdjhgfogj
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Since Auroriaís launch, weíve seen players combine efforts on a large scale to claim, build and maintain castles. Weíve seen successful sieges and successful siege defenses. War is a difficult undertaking and thatís largely due to the costs to wage battle and the comforts defenders receive. We will spend some time tuning siege mechanics to create a greater sense of risk and a more balanced interaction between competing guilds.

So, when can we expect this to happen?

koga
02-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Over the past few months in ArcheAge weíve been fortunate enough to witness your stories unfold. Powerful player alliances have formed and fallen. Newcomers and veterans alike have made their marks on Erenor - hopefully not too many of those marks were made at the bottom of the Arcadian Sea in the form of a shipwreck. Weíre proud of how far youíve come and have exciting news to share about whatís in store for 2015.

One of our top goals for the New Year is to be more transparent when we communicate with you. It is our intention to fix a lack of information or detail, starting now. Itís important for us to reach out and provide the information you need to understand whatís in store for our future and how weíre going to get there. Youíll begin to hear a lot more from us on our forums, social channels and live streams. We will discuss game play issues and provide insight on where we are with future content updates at a much more detailed level then we have in the past. So letís get started.

Along the Shore

Weíve also felt your pain when it comes to deep fluctuation within the gameís economy. Market values of popular items rise and fall based on traditional supply and demand but there are items that have fallen outside of our desired values. Examples of this include the recent spike to regrade components and archeum crystals which ultimately led to some areas of crafting being cost prohibitive. To combat this issue, we will begin to slowly introduce alternative drop methods to the game--reminiscent of the way rumbling archeum saplings influenced the price of thunderstruck trees, but on a much more controlled level. The first way youíll see this occur is through a login event where you will receive free "Divine Gifts" under similar delivery methods as the Winter Maidenís stockings. These gifts will include various rewards including regrade materials up to Lucky Points.

On the Horizon

A main focus for the future of the product is improving the daily quality of life for ArcheAge players. We are shifting priorities to deliver game mechanics that some of the veteran players will recognize like the PvP Arena and Fishing Tournaments. We have a challenge here to ensure that the rewards for these systems are congruent with the way the game has evolved, but that obstacle should be solved in the near term and we will deliver these events as soon as theyíre finalized.

Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value. Itís important to us that a reward reflects the level of effort taken to obtain it and we realize thatís not always the case with this category. Normalization has become a bad word of sorts but we believe thatís something we can change through intelligent decisions.

Over the next couple of weeks you will see the initial stages of the Diamond Shores introduction. For those of you who donít know, Diamond Shores is a new region thatís located in southwestern Auroria. Itís populated with creatures and quests that are designed to support the level cap increase to 55. It includes a new residential area and is the foundation for the best dungeon experience to date, the Ayanad Library. Weíre also excited to see how the introduction of Obsidian Weapons and additional skill points influence the classes you choose to play. Lastly, itís our Intent to ensure that Diamond Shores goes live as a contested Aurorian region which means open world PvP will be a component of game play in this zone.

Embarkation

As you can see, we have a multitude of positive changes on the horizon and we extend a hearty thank you to those of you who have provided constructive feedback about the direction in which we should be sailing. Please be sure to stay abreast of new content as it filters through our Public Test Server. We look forward to joining you on the sea in 2015 and watching as the waves you make resonate across Erenor. May your glasses never be empty and the wind always behind your sailsÖ except when turning, that wouldnít be helpful at all.

Safe Travels,

Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai
Producer - ArcheAge

"itís our Intent to ensure that Diamond Shores goes live as a contested Aurorian region which means open world PvP will be a component of game play in this zone." <<<-- this part specifically. wtf are you thinking? thats the place thats supposed to be like mirage isle. no pvp there so people CAN get to their respective lvls without being harassed because it'll be jamm packed with players from all factions. its supposed to be a central trade hub/hangout for all factions. i shoulda rolled on a *** server. you guys continue to fk things up by putting your twist on everything. you know the game woulda made just as much $ of sht had you not touched it. idk why you insist on touching things after the history you have had so far with producing this game. i cant even list the number of things you've fkd up on. forgive me for being so blunt but someone's gotta ask why after all you've messed up so far would you touch things and ruin more?

IpeWooD
02-09-2015, 05:56 AM
lol to late game is dead

RagePrime
02-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Since Auroria’s launch, we’ve seen players combine efforts on a large scale to claim, build and maintain castles. We’ve seen successful sieges and successful siege defenses. War is a difficult undertaking and that’s largely due to the costs to wage battle and the comforts defenders receive. We will spend some time tuning siege mechanics to create a greater sense of risk and a more balanced interaction between competing guilds.

When will that be?
Are we allowed to place unfinisched buildings prior to a siege to not let the Attackers spawn any tanks and or drive in any other kind of vehicle?
Is this now a given Mechanic or countet as a Abuse/ Exploit of game mechanics?
Is there a Refund for those that experienced a Defense with those means statet above?

pls Respond Khrolane!!!!!!

Mithrender
02-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Archeage has issues and it seems some of them are being solved or at least worked on. But, if you guys are trying to earn the trust and respect of your paying player base you might start with honoring the Advertised discount we were supposed to get for ordering this thing while it was still in alpha. If you really are going to listen to your player base start here. Who knows some of them might actually come back if you actually show us a bit of honest. "we made a mistake let's make this right" Your actions on this tells us a lot about your business practices. If this wasn't such a great game I personally would have charged back and been gone on this principle alone! Show us you can be honest and respectable as a company. IMHO we need to know we can actually trust you before you start making promises.

Guteater
02-18-2015, 04:44 AM
John is a bit in the Right Way i think. Guys u should play on Kyprosa and see how ♥♥♥♥in much the Japans btw "East" Continent Players get ! Kraken spawns at 8:00 where normal guys have to work and theyll get like 300 people to raid? Hows that workin when Diamond Shore is a PVP Zone they ll ♥♥♥♥ us man ! U should make the lvling system easyer only a bit not much, like gaining more EXP by crafting some new stuff where u dont need expensive things for. But i think when Diamond Shore comes ull have to release the 1.7 Update to its more fun then , then just this new area ^^ Make the Galeon Arena and take the new ship things out like New sails or that stuff PLZ Trion PLZ MAKE IT ! ALL PLAYERS WILL THANK U FOR THAT

Scrivean
03-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Aren't there two more Secrets of Ayanad articles? Shouldn't we have had #3 last friday and then #4 this friday?

Update. All done, thanks.

kredo
03-12-2015, 05:02 PM
ok all now