PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Feature Guide: Housing and Farms

Scapes
04-08-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/housing_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-feature-guide-housing-and-farms)

As a companion to the Exploring ArcheAge livestream series, we'd also like to introduce ArcheAge Feature Guides that dive into the topics covered on the livestream in higher detail. In this week's Feature Guide, we take a closer look at the ins and outs of the land ownership and housing system, including how land is claimed, how farms and houses can be used, and how it's kept.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-feature-guide-housing-and-farms)

AeonAuron
04-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Wow you actually write down a really detailed guide! I wasn't expecting that, so cool :D Thank you.

Forestcrow
04-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Could you please include the Guild vs Guild content in NA server?
XL made a word they were going to make it, but it never happened still.

Pennypecker
04-08-2014, 02:55 PM
What about castle building? Will that be available on release as well?

rawfox
04-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Good Guide with basic stuff :)

AeonAuron
04-08-2014, 03:00 PM
What about castle building? Will that be available on release as well?

If the Northern Continent (Auroria) will be available with release, then yes castles will be as well.

fido9dido
04-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Marine Housing looks awesome.

Hawking
04-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Nice! Thanks Scapes.

ZydDragonbane
04-08-2014, 03:18 PM
awesome guide

Aurelius Luna
04-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Thank you bud been looking for a basic guide to read on, this will help me alot. i want be ready for beta or even alpha hehehe thanks again.

Peter
04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the guide Scales, keep them coming.

Mcbeef
04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
No other game has ever had me this hyped. Thanks for the guide Scapes!

Senpai noticed
04-08-2014, 04:07 PM
YA! Danke.

Bellefontaine
04-08-2014, 04:23 PM
I hope we can build family houses... for instance sometimes I have to go on vacation for more than two weeks with my real life family so my in-game family could pay the taxes! Or everyone in the family would be able to place furniture in the house. It's not like that would be an issue assuming you only add people you trust into your family, unless that would encourage people to not buy subscriptions thus losing money for the game. I would most likely be willing to pay money to enhance my experience in the game but I don't necessarily want to pay for a monthly subscription if I can't play every day... (however there have been mentions of using game currency for this access??) Until then, I will be couch surfing in a friends house and crafting endlessly.
With that said thank you for explaining everything! I cannot wait to get my hands on this!

Vantus
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
I watched the recording of that stream but still enjoyed reading the guide.

I think it's great that you're documenting things discussed in Live Streams for those that miss them or don't have the ability to watch the stream from start to end.

Cheers Scapes. :)

Euphorius
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks Scapes! Player-housing is one thing I'm super psyched for!. ^^ Sandbox that world up!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xsbe9Kkw1qc9lhz.gif

Xuefeng
04-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the detailed information on the housing and farming....greatly appreciated.

ToriRen
04-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Mansion in the hills... that is my dream.

Strana
04-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Guide looks pretty good.

Targaryen
04-08-2014, 05:18 PM
This was a really helpful guide and video but am wondering how can you get free land in AA? In the video, you guys said you need to pay for the land but there are ways to get the land without paying? What are those kinds of ways? :confused:

Baulgere
04-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I know on the stream on 4.4.2014 went into housing a bit and how the fees in housing get exponentially higher taxes if you have a lot of land, as opposed to owning each of the little pieces of land individually, but what im wondering about is the farming that comes with the houses, is a larger area allotted to the water houses or land houses etc. It was said that water crop spaces are more costly than land crop spaces so was just wondering if the harvestable plot sizes with the houses accounted for this difference to equalize it a bit.

krallang
04-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I get more and more excited for this game with everything I read. As a long time darkfall player I was disappointed with their housing system and most housing systems in mmo's. Give me a key please purty please my body is ready.

leafpelt
04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
good to see you cleared up a lot of miss understandings and its also good to see people can buy houses from other players as well

SMP420
04-08-2014, 05:48 PM
A detailed elaboration on the basics of the housing system! I am very pleased with the amount of content covered and clarified here!

Will do wonders for helping explain how the system works to those who haven't gotten the chance to experience it yet.

Thanks for keeping the new content (posts) coming so quickly!

SinceOB
04-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Is the marine housing system released in Korea?

reighnman
04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Nice guide!

multipass
04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the guide!

cant wait to get these player/guild towns going!

Slyndria
04-08-2014, 06:05 PM
This is a GREAT guide, thank you for the time to make it.

RivalForever
04-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Wow... I really want to make my own house now XD,
Is housing gonna be 'cash' product or just free stuff that you can enjoy

Wanderer
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM
This was a really helpful guide and video but am wondering how can you get free land in AA? In the video, you guys said you need to pay for the land but there are ways to get the land without paying? What are those kinds of ways? :confused:
When you first install a scarecrow or home with you will take a week-long tax.

Oparon
04-08-2014, 07:03 PM
well , i'm very exited to build a mansion 0_0 man i'm thinking how huge it is ..... could more then 20 people live in there ? :D

Wolfguy
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Free houses as in sharing with guild mates and family (non paying players) I believe, could end up with a currency in game where you may go ahead and earn but that will most likely take awhile.

GargaxBR
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
amazing. I love it.

Ferumbras
04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
very nice guide !!

ChronicOne
04-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Looks awesome guys I really cant wait to try this out Been waiting for archeage for what seems like ages lol

AvP
04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Сows on 3rd screenshot are not protected (while building in progress) :)

xxx_SPARTAN_xxx
04-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Hello, your system houses is great, the only question that arises me is whether a user can have free house and meet the weekly payments?

Toyaga
04-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Hello, your system houses is great, the only question that arises me is whether a user can have free house and meet the weekly payments?

You need Patron status to build a house as they said multiple times. In the beginning that will be paying customers only. Weekly payments are a no issue - questing for 1 hour at level 30+ will give you between 2 and 3 gold easily.

Bad_Cerez
04-09-2014, 12:05 AM
home, sweet home :)

Ekimmu
04-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Thank for this guide, very nice.
Translated in french on : Jeuxonline (http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite/44008/guide-pratique-maisons-fermes-archeage)

YmoN
04-09-2014, 01:27 AM
I have some newbie question. What kind of profit you get from having house in this game?

PureRogue
04-09-2014, 01:35 AM
I have some newbie question. What kind of profit you get from having house in this game?
Hmm I would say that profits are not that important! So if you want house I would rather search for place with good view!

Nyilaira
04-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Mmmm... I am not so sure anymore about that house at the beach... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTLIMJi0Tc

calcifer
04-09-2014, 02:08 AM
"omg there's a kraken on my garden"

YmoN
04-09-2014, 02:14 AM
Hmm I would say that profits are not that important! So if you want house I would rather search for place with good view!
well, for me profits are more important than anything else. What's the point of spending time and money on house if you won't get anything?

Mazimba
04-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Absolutely amazing - this is what MMO's should be all about. Housing and self sufficiency.

SaraNeto
04-09-2014, 02:27 AM
How nice, even this week I made a thread asking more information about housing, since I think is going to be a BIG deal in the game. I'm happy that you gave all of us, this guide! Each time I see a post, I really feel like playing this! ;)

Itaremustbedangeres
04-09-2014, 02:49 AM

More room for storaging your equip/mats!

Plus you can plant stuff on the front, sides, and back of your house.

Dunno if it'll be implemented right from the start, but in AA KR you can even summon a broker inside your house!

Oh and you can (and have to) place crafting stations for your high lvl gear. (unless you don't want the high lvl crafted gear, then you obviously don't need to place them inside or around your house)

PureRogue
04-09-2014, 02:57 AM
well, for me profits are more important than anything else. What's the point of spending time and money on house if you won't get anything?
I did not say that you will not get anything! I am just saying that things you get are not that important and I would rather focus on placing house on place with good view then build house for those benefits!

Celeste
04-09-2014, 04:42 AM
This was such a helpful guide, thank you Scapes!

DeMordey
04-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Nice write-up, thanks! But how do these storage chests work? Let's say a guild builds a mansion together and all of the guild members have access to it. Are the contests of the chests inside shared with everybody or does everyone have it's own? Is there any other storage in game other the chests in houses? Thanks!

BUCKIT
04-09-2014, 07:06 AM
a good sum up of the live stream from earlier this week.

I wonder since aqua farms will be more rare if their goods worth more / better to have one.

fearNuke
04-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the guide. I am 1 step closer to understanding the world of AA :D

Thunder
04-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Very interesting guide, but we're still waiting to play... please hurry up!

Saurok
04-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Great video and information. I am looking forward to this game more than any that I can remember from the last decade or so.

Zeradar
04-09-2014, 08:40 AM
The tavern looks very cool!

Tad0
04-09-2014, 08:56 AM
thank you very much! the guide was most helpful. before i read this i was thinking i would build near a big city, but now i think finding a remote island might be kinda cool, too!

Toy Fuzion
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I didn't see mention of how to start a marine home. Is it the same principle of putting a scarecrow down to hold the spot until you can build on it, like it is on land houses?

AneiDoru
04-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Housing is one of the best, I wonder if there will be rainbow colored housing for that one angel race.

Stela
04-09-2014, 10:46 AM
I broke my own rule about reading too much info prior to going into a new game, because it was HOUSING! something that I think that everyone can really have fun with in an mmorpg, depending on how interactive it is. Because so much is invested into building the house & paying the taxes, I was kind of disappointed with the fact that as you're gathering the necessary resources to build the house, someone else can come along & steal those resources stacked on your building site. :( This almost forces player housing into a collaborative effort right from the start, vs going off to explore & perhaps find a really neat location on your own.

On the other hand, I really like the idea of being able to sell homes. So potentially, if someone grows out of their house, or wants one in a new location, then they can sell their existing house, instead of destroying it & losing all of the resources used in the building process. There could actually be a "real estate market", depending on how many players want housing, their budgets & how much land is available.

I imagine that as the game progresses & land becomes scarce, new players would be the ones to take advantage of this real estate market. I hope that if it does come to this, that there would be "reasonable" limits put on the sellers so as not to gouge potential buyers.

Really looking forward to the game & to how player housing, the associated crafting, farming & storage works out. I can see spending literally hours immersed in this game, as long as players have the hours!! :P

BlackCobalt
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
I like the basic housing intro. I have a few questions

1- Is there a limit to how many plot you can have such as 10 homes and 30 farms if you can afford that.
2- Let see after a year I'm a rich trader and would like a large stone house with a large plot of land attached to it for farming with a basement. Somewhere down the road would homes such as that be considered.
3- What's the item limit in home can I be a pack rat.
4- If I don't pay my tax's and my home is destroyed Victoria said the only thing you may loose is a few items in your house. If all items in the house are packed and the house is destroyed will any items that are stored in the trunk be destroyed.
5 If I build a house out in the middle of nowhere by myself can players attack it if I'm not apart of a community with others but my tax's are paid

dragunia
04-09-2014, 01:54 PM
I have a one question. I play in russian server and if u dont pay premium account can't put houses or scarecrows because can't pay semanal taxes ¿ in european servers can pay this taxes or only with premium? thx ^^

LiplessPanther
04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I can't wait to see the customization in-game!

Future
04-09-2014, 04:19 PM

1- Is there a limit to how many plot you can have such as 10 homes and 30 farms if you can afford that.
2- Let see after a year I'm a rich trader and would like a large stone house with a large plot of land attached to it for farming with a basement. Somewhere down the road would homes such as that be considered.
4- If I don't pay my tax's and my home is destroyed Victoria said the only thing you may loose is a few items in your house. If all items in the house are packed and the house is destroyed will any items that are stored in the trunk be destroyed.
5 If I build a house out in the middle of nowhere by myself can players attack it if I'm not apart of a community with others but my tax's are paid

1. I dont THINK there is a limit to how many plots you can have.
2. I hope they do that would be pretty cool
3. Not sure =[
4. Also unsure but i'd imagine they'd be given to you?
5. I think they might...

Again, just trying to help and going off what i know :/

TheDeadEye
04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
It would be cool if you could place houses almost anywhere in the world, not just in pre-approved areas (like SWG). Maybe in the future via update?

BlackCobalt
04-09-2014, 09:20 PM

I hope some of the questions are answered. I'm trying find the answers as well.

ENDERON
04-10-2014, 03:25 AM
Nice info, and i have another question too:)

Can guilds build an area of their choice for a small city protected by a castle or so? where guild members safely build their homes? or is it open space that you build houses just there with your guildmates etc...

and also during a pvp attack can i run in to my house and hide until the pvp flag is off without danger?

in the game SWG(Starwars Galaxies) we had a guild city area and we built our houses there and was very useful to keep everyone in the same space.

Oguri
04-10-2014, 10:27 AM
I want to make a house by the ocean with both a land farm and a under water farm!

Akito2y
04-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Loved the idea of bungalows and underwater farm. Can't say i liked the tax paying time (weekly). Their should be more then a 2 week limit to pay taxes. Not every one has access to a gaming notebook, to bring during long vacations (I do have one, but not every one does).

Maybe not weekly payment, a monthly, maybe a system with auto pay would help for people who travel or just have bad memory (forget stuff like paying bills, I do, that's why i use online banking, as soon i get the bill I register it xD).

PS. my memory is so bad, that if I take note on paper about something, I not only forget what i wrote, I also forget about the paper xD

Celta
04-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Can't wait to build my house :D

Kazhamania
04-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Nous avons une traduction française ici / French translation here : http://archeage.game-guide.fr/archeage-la-creation-de-maisons/

Stela
04-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I just thought of a question regarding the homes for sale.

I understand that the players who own homes are the ones deciding if they want to sell to a specific player, or if they're putting their property up for sale to the general public. I think that it's great that TRION is providing a special in game method to safely complete the sales of these properties & as I said earlier, I really hope that there is some way to cap the prices, so sellers can't gouge buyers.

My question is, will the houses that are up for sale be listed in a central location? or will they be area specific?

By that I mean, will all of the properties that are for sale on a specific server, be listed in one "real estate listing" maybe with a sort by type function?

Or will marine homes be listed in marine locations, city properties in city locations etc.?

Also, if area specific, will they be further divided by continent, East / West, or maybe even by Race?

And to discourage price gouging, can the price be determined in relation to the original price? a fixed price of sorts, depending on the original template maybe?

Maybe the price could include a positive modifier, to recognize the effort the original builder put into finding a prime location, or a really interesting, off the beaten path location, that kind of thing?

Am I getting close at all to anything that you guys are considering, with regards to the concept of selling these houses?

Do I get a freebie house if I hit right on one of your plans? :p

Okay it was more than one question... ;)

Shalille
04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
"Only the owner can pick up furnishings at any access level."

Could this be tweaked?

For ppl who want to share a house using the family system , it seems restrictive that only one family member (owner) can move or rearrange things inside.

Radin
04-11-2014, 12:17 AM
It'll be awesome if the whole family can furnish too.

Keter
04-12-2014, 04:31 PM
I think i will wait for the real game to make a house with a wood dummy inside,getting level 40 or more in the alpha could be awesome however!and the level 40 armors are expensive or long to craft.

Johnoni
04-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Imagine if they got a huge guild to take over a whole area of land. Making people pay more rent or else they will be harassed. lol.

BoritQ
04-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Awesome, thank you for the guide. So excited :D

Booyah
04-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Awesome, thank you for the guide. So excited :D

Excited is an understatement haha

Shane
04-13-2014, 05:17 AM
The housing system looks really good! I can't wait to sink my teeth into it!!

mayhem
04-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Good guide.

JackWagon
04-17-2014, 08:13 AM
One of the features I'm most excited about. I want to have a farm.

kohii
04-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Man gotta get me a bungalow

Strength
04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Thank you Scapes, those informations are precious for a noob like me.

Matroyer
04-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Nice guide, can't wait to build my own house!

Phenomenon
04-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Awsome guide but are there plans for new type/style of houses thow?

Orshe
04-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Great guide, lots of good info! Thanks!

Juboi
04-18-2014, 06:52 PM
If there ends up being a mass populous with lots of premium members will there be an increase in land development or no?

Stela
04-19-2014, 07:11 AM
This is a neat thread with the current prices & materials needed by the players in Alpha testing, (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?3110-All-House-s-and-Boats-in-Alpha) so those costs & mats are probably lower, to allow the alpha players an easier time testing them out, than what the finals will be. But it gives an idea of the various types of houses & boats available & the types of materials needed for each.

I had a question in that thread, (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?3110-All-House-s-and-Boats-in-Alpha&p=48956&viewfull=1#post48956) that I'm posting here as well, in case someone misses it there. Maybe someone can answer it here.

Scubast3v33
04-19-2014, 07:15 AM
this is a very good guide scapes

Ryuna
04-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Can't wait to own a house of my own. :)

prairiecat
04-22-2014, 12:45 PM
It's soo perfect. Like OMG, I don't even know what to say. It is everything housing should be in a game and more. I mean I have yet to sink my teeth into it but once I do I may never leave.

Honvik
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Wow this could be something I was looking for after Star Wars Galaxies!!

zeroformula
04-23-2014, 12:19 AM
so its possible the game will have a real estate industry... man thats impressive.

Travis01
04-23-2014, 09:44 AM
GAMEPLAY

How is Trion Worlds planning on handling housing and farms?
The open world housing in ArcheAge is a compelling sandbox feature that we’re very glad to have in the game. Because the housing is non-instanced, there needs to be a balance between available land and players who wish to place farms and houses. ArcheAge will be free-to-play and, as such, will have a variety of players who are in direct competition for land.

As a protective measure against infinite free placeholder accounts claiming precious land, ownership of limited real estate is reserved for paid players at launch. Free players are encouraged to participate in the crafting and farming aspects of this game, and will also be able to both use public land and share farms and houses from friends who give them access. Remember, not all the housing areas are marked on the map, so explore a bit to find the best places for your farm and house!

pls not.... thats what taxes are there for right? :'(

LINK (https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/frequently-asked-questions-archeage/?ticket=ST-172638-bwRdUEV4MHLBt3dEDreL-cas)

Bigonekris
04-24-2014, 07:51 AM
This system of house building looks amazing. The last time is saw this was in Star wars galaxy where you also bought house deeds and could place them almost everywhere.
I read in the post that if you don't pay for a week you need to pay a fine the next week. But if you don't play for a couple of weeks because of vacation or something else what then ?
Do you lose the house and land ? Or is it possible to have some sort of vacation system that you can use a couple of times a year.
In swg I believed you could pack up your house and put in your bag. Is that also going to be (or is) an option in this game ?

(If this isn't the right tread to post questions, sorry in advanced)

Goat
04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I do not know if this has been asked.

Will there be any housing items that when placed have their own sound? Similar to say EQ2 housing items?

Candron
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
That's awesome! Can't wait to see what everyone creates!

XxAlucardxX
04-28-2014, 02:32 PM
thats nice :)

nintesu
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Seems like guilds should start forming before the game even launches and start planning out housing locations. If I get into alpha or even buy access I would start scouting locations now and at launch build in packs at the most convenient locations. You may only have a certain area to yourself but a guild could make a whole city. This game just becomes more and more promising. Already have everyone at my work excited about this and dropped all attention from Wild Star

LensArcher
04-30-2014, 09:29 AM
What if i want to just live in a tent by a campfire like a nomad viking killing off dear and other fur/tanning trade animals...is there a moveable plot or a campfire skill ?

XxAlucardxX
04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Good Guide Bro :D

Bel Geode
05-03-2014, 08:02 AM
That was a very informative guide. I love the different decor options as well as the responsibility factor (pay your taxes). Those elements make it feel like you are working towards something in game.

Not to mention, it is definitely bringing back that SWG nostalgia feeling!

Sicarius
05-03-2014, 06:16 PM
This is the closest I have seen to what housing was like in SWG, which was by far the best sandbox MMO so far. I am so excited about this game lol

mevs
05-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Cant wait!

Chaserx
05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm not usually a big home builder in MMO's but it IS appealing to many. Looks like ArcheAge has put a good deal of thought and detail into housing. Very nice!

Elenoe
05-11-2014, 09:32 AM
The Cake is a lie. Be prepared to build your beloved house in full PvP area full of gankers killing you just as you try to travel in and out your home time to time to log trees for wood. Even on Alpha server "safe" places are desperately sold out already (after few weeks and without even F2P people). And it's not "people overpopulated". Just "allowed housing areas" (there goes "sandbox") are all full.

Miau
05-12-2014, 09:58 PM
The Cake is a lie. Be prepared to build your beloved house in full PvP area full of gankers killing you just as you try to travel in and out your home time to time to log trees for wood. Even on Alpha server "safe" places are desperately sold out already (after few weeks and without even F2P people). And it's not "people overpopulated". Just "allowed housing areas" (there goes "sandbox") are all full.

This is totally true.

I spent well over 4 hours looking to place my recently acquired pumpkin farm down and at the end of it when asked which zones I searched it was easier to say the two that I hadn't! Not only that it was very frustrating to say the least to see either ill-placed plots where more than one could've been placed they took up two potential plots and were totally empty ... running past ranks and ranks of scarecrow plots with nothing on them was disheartening to say the least. In the end I found a plot in a zone that was 45 ish plus, not good when your a lowly high 20-30 player (am levelling). That said being attacked on your own by 2-5+ players of your own alliance/faction when you have no chance should be made reportable (the trail/jury system should have more than time in jail as a penalty). Being attacked while farming or building on your plot is the worst and reflects on those persons lack of respect and poor morality in real life, boy I do wish the worst to happen to those types of people both in-game and out.

Also rent is a rip-off/con ... if you do have more than 3 plots - desperate to get a farm because of the land grab/rush - and lift them afterwards so you drop below the plot amount tax penalty, you still have to pay the first tax and there's no-way to get it revised/updated to reflect this as you could in real life.

Be prepared if you don't have the time, money or resources to play this game enough to not have a farm plot and watch other players seemingly race ahead in the crafting and housing areas, to wander around aimlessly until you get bored of the games lack of accessibility to the farming, building and crafting and quit for better pastures!

shadowhaz
05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
that is awesome now all i need is to buy the pack next week once i am free xD .. can't wait !

Jenoir
05-18-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure if I heard correctly, but it seemed like FireCait said you need Patron status to pay taxes, is that really so? Also, do you need patron status to buy a property off of another player?

lonnei
05-20-2014, 09:19 AM
is there a time limit on how long we have to build a house by if so how long do we have to get the house built

Mighty Platypus
05-20-2014, 08:26 PM
The only concern I have with this is the people who speed to max level, then buy up all the land. You don't even have to buy every plot, you can essentially "save" land by not laying farms right next to each other. Guess we have to wait and see how this works. Looking forward to the game.

Dromwald
05-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Amazing housing system - this has got me even more excited to play the game. The RP potential fills me with happiness^^

Romex
05-21-2014, 02:11 AM
The only concern I have with this is the people who speed to max level, then buy up all the land. You don't even have to buy every plot, you can essentially "save" land by not laying farms right next to each other. Guess we have to wait and see how this works. Looking forward to the game.

Yes true, i dosent work on Alpha because there are too many Players!!! no space

Bel Geode
05-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Well that was a pleasant read. Thank you. This answered a lot of lingering questions I had.

Roghlinn
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Cool! Thank you for the info! :D

Kashim
05-27-2014, 10:58 PM

They touched on that in the video, apparently the prices associated with each property rises quickly enough that it should be an effective deterrent.

NimmyNom
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Very informative, Thanks!

txzeenath
05-28-2014, 01:01 AM
They touched on that in the video, apparently the prices associated with each property rises quickly enough that it should be an effective deterrent.

The issue he's talking about is that, for example, I can effectively shut down an entire housing plot by simply laying two properties properly spaced from the edges and eachother, so that nobody can fit a building there.

More specifically, take a perfectly square area. Which is sized to fit four large farms. I can simply place my farm dead center, and that makes the other spots unusable for anything but a small farm.

Even worse, is when you get alt involved. With just three farms, you can close off a significant area from other players.

Qvi
05-28-2014, 01:05 AM
yesterday we finish a house of 500guildas, and we are not a huge guild, we are really excited about it

Harelori
06-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Aweaome guide, although I have a question;
If one owns a patrom sub, builds a house and then the patron ends, does he get to keep his house?

scootercats360
06-02-2014, 09:24 AM
On the scarecrow farms there is an option to upgrade <I think that's how it's termed> How can this be done? Also, when someone's plot is due for demolition can players buy it? Wanting to expand my plot or have two.

Lemonlime
06-02-2014, 12:10 PM
I can't wait to play this game! Great guide!

KPPortage
06-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Sooooooper pumped for the detailed house building in this game. Honestly cannot wait for the beta :P

srxz
06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
So, to buy a land you need patron status correct? What if your patron expires you lose your house?

DropZoneCannon
06-07-2014, 03:18 PM
The variety of housing is great, really well thought out.

Gigikun
06-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Quick question, is there any mention of being required to have a patron pass in order to obtain home/farm? and after getting a patron pass and getting a home, would we need to continue purchasing the pass in order to continue owning the home?

Kemicaloid
06-18-2014, 06:54 PM
So, to buy a land you need patron status correct? What if your patron expires you lose your house?

Quick question, is there any mention of being required to have a patron pass in order to obtain home/farm? and after getting a patron pass and getting a home, would we need to continue purchasing the pass in order to continue owning the home?

Aweaome guide, although I have a question;
If one owns a patrom sub, builds a house and then the patron ends, does he get to keep his house?

Why none answer this question?Cuz if u say no this is pretty stupid... i hope we are able to keep our house if we wanna stop pay the montly fee or atleast i hope we are able to buy house from other player and keep them without montly fee...

indigomnr96
06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't know if this has been asked yet or not, but is there a way to upgrade a house? Like set down a smaller house and then later on upgrade it? Or do you need to collect all of the materials first to build the big house in one go?

sopric
07-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Why none answer this question?Cuz if u say no this is pretty stupid... i hope we are able to keep our house if we wanna stop pay the montly fee or atleast i hope we are able to buy house from other player and keep them without montly fee...

You cant pay taxes without Patron status so you will lose your house/farm.
I just hope that I will make enough ingame money by farming to be able to buy Patron Pass from others.

Poppaea
07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't know if this has been asked yet or not, but is there a way to upgrade a house? Like set down a smaller house and then later on upgrade it? Or do you need to collect all of the materials first to build the big house in one go?

You can not upgrade your house.

And to those complaining about owning land as a f2p, it makes sense that only patrons can own land. Land is limited in this game. And you only rent land, you don't own it. Just like the real world. If you lapse on taxes for one reason or another the government takes it back and sells it to the next guy.

Houses are a big deal in this game and certainly something to work towards. Hopefully patron passes will be within reach of f2p but we have no idea how much in-game gold those are going to sell for at this point. My guess is that it will be a lot however...so you may not be able to own a home at a low lvl as a f2p, but once you are higher lvl you may make enough to make it happen.

On the scarecrow farms there is an option to upgrade <I think that's how it's termed> How can this be done? Also, when someone's plot is due for demolition can players buy it? Wanting to expand my plot or have two.

There is no upgrade option for farms or houses. When someones house is due for demolition others can place a farm/building plan down on the freshly emptied lot. You don't expand lots per say, but you can own more than one property in this game and if you are lucky have them close to each other in a way that seems connected. Then you can put down fences to encompass your lots so visually it looks like one space. Lots of ppl do that.

Fermonx
07-11-2014, 04:15 PM
This is amazing, can't wait until the closed beta to check all this stuff

AimSt0rM
07-16-2014, 05:29 AM
without patron status i can build house and farm?

Nyilaira
07-16-2014, 05:30 AM
No, you can't ): you can only use the public farms

Megadone
07-16-2014, 05:31 AM

if you farm enuf gold to buy APEX from a player, yes cuz you can buy Patron with it... I all so think you can place farm/house without it, problem is with no Paron you can't pay taxes for it and after 2 weeks you lose the plot(house/farm schematics go back to your inventory).

AimSt0rM
07-16-2014, 05:43 AM
i hope they find something for the ability for the free account to place house and farm... for example place only small house and small farm...

Megadone
07-16-2014, 05:48 AM
i hope they find something for the ability for the free account to place house and farm... for example place only small house and small farm...

did you MISS the part that land is limited? so NO F2P should NOT have land without Patron status, PERIOD.

Halilee
07-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Housing and all that looks very interesting, however I am deeply disappointed in having only a max of 2 weeks to pay rent or the house is gone! I have frequently travelled in the past... almost always for more than 2 weeks, which means I would lose my house multiple times over the course of a year. Last year I was on 4 trips exceeding 2 weeks, so far this year I've been gone over 8 weeks. During that time I have kept 2 monthly subscription games active so it's not even like I cancel when I am gone. If I have to start over every single time I come back from vacation, I won't be playing this game very long, which makes me sad given that I am even an Archeum Founder. :\ Hope they will reconsider this.. very disappointed as I LOVE housing!

Megadone
07-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Housing and all that looks very interesting, however I am deeply disappointed in having only a max of 2 weeks to pay rent or the house is gone! I have frequently travelled in the past... almost always for more than 2 weeks, which means I would lose my house multiple times over the course of a year. Last year I was on 4 trips exceeding 2 weeks, so far this year I've been gone over 8 weeks. During that time I have kept 2 monthly subscription games active so it's not even like I cancel when I am gone. If I have to start over every single time I come back from vacation, I won't be playing this game very long, which makes me sad given that I am even an Archeum Founder. :\ Hope they will reconsider this.. very disappointed as I LOVE housing!

so you need them to adjust the game TO YOU... your the one suppose to adjust to a game...
but I do believe that 1.7 update might have a better paying tax system, as in you can pay in advance, not sure.

Seornia
07-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet... It would be fantastic if there were some space (pathways) between plots somehow. It is extremely crowded in those areas, and running around everyone's trees/fences, trying to adjust your camera angle so you can see, finding your plot can get a bit annoying :p. I realize with the different sizes of plots that may be a bit difficult, but good lord, sometimes it seems to take forever to get to my little farm. I am hoping once release comes around and free Patron wears off this may be less of an issue.

Methious
07-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Thanks Scapes. Definitely helped out with a few questions i had about housing. Great guide!

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info!

Starnes
08-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Regarding:

"Taxes start out fairly small, but increase exponentially with larger house sizes and ownership of more than three properties."

I have been reading that they start increasing exponentially after more than two properties. Could I get reassurances that exponential tax hikes start at more than three? So as an example a large farm (16x16), small farm (8x8) and small home (16x16) will not get a penalty tax?

Kikkilu
08-12-2014, 10:06 AM
"more than three properties": large farm + small farm + small home = 3, no penalty tax

GamerIncognito
08-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Never mind, I found my answer.

Game looks like it will be fun!

Debatman
08-18-2014, 01:43 AM
I wanner know about the land expansion certificates !! i have all my mats for the gazebo farm ready... i just need 3 certificates... its kinda been my goal for this beta to get this farm, so i got a bit sad when i found out you couldn't get them yet !
I NEED MY FARM !! release them or face the wrath of Nui.. please...

Moviefone
08-18-2014, 08:45 AM
I would add that taxes are paid with certificates and how to craft them.

Arcturus
08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
I believe that the houses should be a little more customizable in their architecture. If all of the houses are made of the same models, it's going to get very repetitive seeing the same houses over and over again. However, if the houses are left to being customized by the players than it would make for very good variety in the scenery of the game, which is something that really puts this game above others in its genre. I personally reccomend a Rust style of building, which would allow players to build their houses from basic materials, and make them look however they please, only limited by the imagination

TheBinky
08-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I am rather new to this game and I was super excited about the housing system. I haven't seen this kind of thing in a lot of MMOs so I was very excited. Until I realized that you had to be a patron to own land. You can still buy the deed for the house, but then you can't place it anywhere. I paid 50 dollars for the founders pack because I feel this game has a lot of potential, but I wish one of the selling points of this game wasn't more money out of our pockets. I'm really enjoying the game, but I feel like you can't really do anything with the economy unless you're a patron, which is sad since that is the main reason I found this game more interesting than others. I just hope the Devs figure out a way to make the housing a little more accessible to the new players that will be looking forward to housing in the release. This game is awesome and I hope it gets better!

Orgasmo
08-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the guide! :3 So excited to build a house!

Zatti
09-07-2014, 02:10 AM
I hope they'll lower the price of Marine Housing.

resademilo
09-09-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm not sure if there has been any word or this (or if i totally just missed it), but it would be really nice to be able to toggle on guild and family access lands to flag them on the map. In alpha and beta, my friends would always complain to me that I wasn't planting on their lands, and I'd spend all my time asking them to flag their lands in party so i could find them. I can't see how free players will be able to fully utilize guild and family land if they can't find it. If there is a toggle, I'd be happy if someone told me where it is on the map's list because I could not find one.

This also applies to alts. Even if we can't get the toggle for family and guild lands, we should be able to see our alt's farms and houses.

Didra
09-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Not wanna sound negative now but still it pop up in my mind, as AA is a F2P game and many other F2P games before started up with 3-5 servers and after a while end up with 1-2 server as some people stop playing.

So the question is if ones server close down because lack of player and we have to move to other server, what happen with our houses and all material have used to build it up?

I understand that we get the design back, cert, furnitures.

But have XL Games any plan of what to do if that happens?

Like do we at least get back the material to build up the house for ex. 3000x rawstones, 1500x iron, 1500 wood..or what ever one have used to build up the house.?

As in AA we own houses in a very different way the other games where you have a house, there houses or house areas are it's own instance/load screen and doesn't matter if one has to move to other server, when a game cut down servers.

Well just a question that come to my mind and hope for an answer :)

Second question, some players might go on holiday for 3-4 weeks or perhaps hospital or what ever and can't log into the game to pay the Tax for house.

Isn't possible for XLGames to put in so one can pay for longer period then 2 weeks?

My suggestion at least 4 weeks, as one's sub fee is monthly

Dnai
09-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I might like to see an option for paying extra tax in advance in case of vacation, illness, military deployment, etc.

Levva
09-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I might like to see an option for paying extra tax in advance in case of vacation, illness, military deployment, etc.

Absolutely. If you can only go for two weeks before your house vanishes that's a nightmare. It might not be such an issue in the US where vacation time is less but in UK/EU we tend to get more days vacation a year. Personally I get 40 days paid holiday a year so its not uncommon for me to be away for 16-21 days at a time on holiday.

Others will be away for jobs on shift rotation eg: working in the offshore oil industry here in UK it's common enough to be 2-3 weeks offshore 2-3 weeks onshore. As Dnai said others may be on military deployment or ill etc.

Having the ability to obtain via crafting, store, loyalty points the tax certificates is fine, however we should really have the ability to pre-pay the tax. So that we could for instance pay the rent up to a month in advance. It might mean I'd have to save up before going away but I'd know for sure that my properties would be there when I returned.

I'd envisage that you apply a tax certificate to a property and its info window would tell you that your tax is pre-paid for X days, applying another certificate would then extend that time, probably up to a max limit. You'd still be able to let that timer lapse but if you'd saved up and pre-paid you could go on holiday without worrying if your house would be there on your return.

Please say this is how you envisage the tax certificates working. I'd only got into the last closed beta so I didn't have sufficient time to see how they worked in practice but the talk so far seems to be about using a certificate after the tax falls due and not about pre-paying.

Melih
09-09-2014, 11:08 PM
I am playing the game mostly for housing concept... I love housing and the freedom concept in the game.

Didra
09-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Well as I wrote before we should be able to pre-pay our house tax for more the 2 weeks, more like pre-pay for 4 weeks.
But I guess XLGames/trion assuming we all go into guild/families and they can then pay tax for your house/farm when you gone, and that is fine.

Still perhaps some of us want a priate house and then non can pay the house/farm tax if we gone more then 13 days from the game

Spitch
09-10-2014, 02:03 AM
How about some advice on finding the secret building areas. Spent my last day in OB running around with a scarecrow out looking for the plotting pegs to no avail.

Didra
09-10-2014, 03:06 AM
Think I have to change that I wrote before

But I guess XLGames/trion assuming we all go into guild/families and they can then pay tax for your house/farm when you gone, and that is fine.

Not sure if they make so guildies/family can pay as the Tax thingie to pay is in the characters mail... hmm..

We need at least 4 weeks pre-payed tax option.

Crowemaster
09-10-2014, 03:35 AM
I broke my own rule about reading too much info prior to going into a new game, because it was HOUSING! something that I think that everyone can really have fun with in an mmorpg, depending on how interactive it is. Because so much is invested into building the house & paying the taxes, I was kind of disappointed with the fact that as you're gathering the necessary resources to build the house, someone else can come along & steal those resources stacked on your building site. :( This almost forces player housing into a collaborative effort right from the start, vs going off to explore & perhaps find a really neat location on your own.

On the other hand, I really like the idea of being able to sell homes. So potentially, if someone grows out of their house, or wants one in a new location, then they can sell their existing house, instead of destroying it & losing all of the resources used in the building process. There could actually be a "real estate market", depending on how many players want housing, their budgets & how much land is available.

I imagine that as the game progresses & land becomes scarce, new players would be the ones to take advantage of this real estate market. I hope that if it does come to this, that there would be "reasonable" limits put on the sellers so as not to gouge potential buyers.

Really looking forward to the game & to how player housing, the associated crafting, farming & storage works out. I can see spending literally hours immersed in this game, as long as players have the hours!! :P

I would think the limits placed on players trying to sell their houses is the people refusing to pay that much. lol

Fazzo
09-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Great guide! I had some questions about the housing this week but now after read this I dont have anyone :cool: thank you.

Katsu
09-11-2014, 04:19 PM
The Hype is REAL.

Bezmont
10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
A friend of mine owns the house and has placed Family access on it, and I can't place anything. Is this by design? Is there any way to enable family members/friends to build in my house?

Anyone know?

Thanks

tinax37
10-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Having scoured Forums many times I still cannot find exactly what you and your alts are allowed to have regarding houses, plots etc., i.e. My main has a 8x8 (converted to Farmer's Workstation) and a 24x24 Manor. My 3 alts all have 8x8's. Can I or any of my alts own further houses like Aqua Farms or even a bigger house should I want one?

Memnarr
10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Having scoured Forums many times I still cannot find exactly what you and your alts are allowed to have regarding houses, plots etc., i.e. My main has a 8x8 (converted to Farmer's Workstation) and a 24x24 Manor. My 3 alts all have 8x8's. Can I or any of my alts own further houses like Aqua Farms or even a bigger house should I want one?

you can own as much as you want, however the taxes go up with the more land you have. also note, that taxes are account based not character based. personally I have 2 private workstations, an aqua, large scarecrow, and small 8x8...and my taxes are around 80 per week

Dunkingdunnkers
10-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Personally I would have liked to have a bit more production value than just watching a replay of a stream. The video does tell you what you need to know so on that aspect job well done.

Sheevar
10-05-2014, 02:37 AM
We need some kind of restriction, like 1 house + farm per character..no land aviable on Shatigon and ppl have 15+ lots

InF3RNo
10-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I found a 8x8 in a place in game a week ago, problem's when you try to find larger.

Baesko
10-05-2014, 04:54 AM
May we also get a guide for the most popular features of that game please!
I mean "being unable to login" and "hanging around in queues".
Everybody has to use these features day after day but noone seems to be able to really handle that...
Would be nice, i am looking forward to it.
Thanks a lot

Sheltem
10-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Great guide, thanks ;)

Redsunset
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
May we also get a guide for the most popular features of that game please!
I mean "being unable to login" and "hanging around in queues".
Everybody has to use these features day after day but noone seems to be able to really handle that...
Would be nice, i am looking forward to it.
Thanks a lot

It would be a very very useful guide, i can think of some of the topics: "How to stay patient in front of the screen" or "Things to do outside the sandbox" LOL

The guide its okay but i think they should start with: "How and where to get a land plot"

DarkKnight
10-06-2014, 04:18 PM
It would be a very very useful guide, i can think of some of the topics: "How to stay patient in front of the screen" or "Things to do outside the sandbox" LOL

The guide its okay but i think they should start with: "How and where to get a land plot"

I agree.
NO land left and going to new servers after much work in getting to level 50 to start over and spend my credits (Real Money) over because Trion did not add servers correctly in head-start and no way of moving items like other games.
We had 100 people fighting over one house yesterday..lol people will be leaving soon after getting frustrated and leave room for the rest.

To bad Trion doesn't see the money they are missing by not opening more land..lol
ROFL

DarkKnight
10-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I agree.
NO land left and going to new servers after much work in getting to level 50 to start over and spend my credits (Real Money) over because Trion did not add servers correctly in head-start and no way of moving items like other games.
We had 100 people fighting over one house yesterday..lol people will be leaving soon after getting frustrated and leave room for the rest.

To bad Trion doesn't see the money they are missing by not opening more land..lol
ROFL

Also any update on when you plan to respond to support tickets I put in last month..lol

Luxen
10-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I agree.

ROFL

i have a farmhouse and a farm waiting to be built. these days i am wasting my time wandering here and there to find a good place to farm illegally.most of the times they get stolen.sometimes i regret all the profit i could have earned if i had a piece of land to build my house.bad English sry:)

Tokaii
10-07-2014, 10:58 AM
With so many patrons without farms and/or houses I'll never understand the decision to allow multi-house ownership.

Yet they continue to promote the ownership of both to gain new patrons when neither is available.

Mourneblade
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I would like to know if you are going to address the fact that us that have patron status, cannot even imagine getting a piece of land to place a 16x16 scarecrow farm, much less a house due to botting and hacks. Are there any plans to limit the amount of hacks, and also the amount of land an account can own so that the rest of the players have a fair shot at owning land? I mean it's kind of hard to compete with other players who have unlimited access to land to farm mats, and get to the end game content. If Trion wants to keep those of us that pay our 15.00 per month, this needs to be addressed.

Sirdregar
10-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Yep defiantly will not be giving them any more money in the form of a monthly fee until I can actually own land. They need to fix this. Went to a plot yesterday that was supposed to be only for thatched farm houses and the whole area was filled with scarecrow farms that were not being used. The only reason at all to be a patron is to own land because all of the other perks are so easy and cheep to get without paying them $15 a month. Going to let my wallet do my talking when my time runs out. This is probably the number one problem in the game and they are not talking about how they plan on fixing it. They are loosing out on so much money right now and they dont even seem to care.

sadpriest
10-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I wish I had land <_<:

Kisala
10-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Yep defiantly will not be giving them any more money in the form of a monthly fee until I can actually own land. They need to fix this. Went to a plot yesterday that was supposed to be only for thatched farm houses and the whole area was filled with scarecrow farms that were not being used. The only reason at all to be a patron is to own land because all of the other perks are so easy and cheep to get without paying them $15 a month. Going to let my wallet do my talking when my time runs out. This is probably the number one problem in the game and they are not talking about how they plan on fixing it. They are loosing out on so much money right now and they dont even seem to care.

That's not a hack. That's Trion being too lazy to label the plot correctly after it's been mentioned God knows how many times (and they fixed a space between the : and the text in a whisper, so why take so long in fixing this error?).

There's an area labeled for big scarecrows that's meant to be for Thatched houses also.

Wolfcat
10-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Kind of gave up since you have 50 plus people waiting for a plot to open up just too have the same person win it that has 20+ plots selling them at large gold cost.

Nice how the game says get patron status and make a house sail around and fish In a bay and enjoy. They don't show you that you sail around and get attacked by every boat that is moving in the seas and their is no crime being attacked and when they do have the justice system the crime is a couple of minutes in their jail. They should up the jail time to hours then days of not playing . Doing this would make it more entertaining, if you want too be a pirate and attack others if your caught you really are going too be in big trouble.

Cadence
10-07-2014, 03:57 PM
So is anything actually being done about this by the Trion team or not it's kinda pathetic that the games' main selling point is a lie

sirkickass
10-07-2014, 11:20 PM
wow....... useless summer clothes introduced, when what we need is land for house, im a god damn patron and cant even place a house due to no land..... this game is a joke in its current state, im not spending another penny on this game till it gets fixed, and i know of lots of others who are refusing to pay and are even talking at moving to other games due to the pathetic state of the game, spend time getting the game fixed and not introducing new concepts to get people to pay money for a feature they cant get.

BroGenics
10-07-2014, 11:53 PM
This guide has been helping a great amount of players. Well done

Pixieli
10-08-2014, 12:16 AM
ye the guide itself is nice ;)

but the biggest problem is, even when land is getting free, the obtaining itself :)
for working ppl it sucks SO hard ^.^
i am searching for a place since days now, but 99% of it, i cant take because i am at work or sleepin, because i need to work next day ;). and even when theres a spot in the evening, u are stayin there with 20-30 ppl "first klick get it"
a ticket solution would be awesome, like this everyone would even have the chance to get a damn 16x16/24x24 land.
AA is so wannabe reallife with the tax and "7 days after non payin till its getting destroyed", and a ticketsystem would be also wannabe reallife.
when u want to buy a house or land in RL its not "first come and first get it" xD u have a lot off ppl who want it and the owner can decide.
if they wont change this situation with no land, sure ppl wont pay anymore. the housing thingie is/was one of the big reasons to play AA

and when i see this stupid land for "7 days" and how big it is.... why u even have that. in each map there are maybe 2-3 ppl using it... change that land into normal and many ppl would be happy.

P3rconte
10-08-2014, 01:25 AM
The real problem is the game has not restriction about land spot on account / character.

There is a lot of ppl (including bots and hackers) who have a few 16x16 or 24x24 plot.
Its kind of weird situation, when ppl who actually paid for the game (patron and credits) cant have own peace of land.

I try find some spot for 16x16 since 1 week, still nothing (Kyprosa-EU)

So, for me I dont see any reason to pay for credits or patron in future.

Ninib
10-08-2014, 03:45 AM
I often see five or six 8x8 owned by the same player, at the same place... It's impossible... how the team can let it be...

And : " We are currently exploring options for allowing free accounts to also have the ability to build housing and pay taxes after ArcheAge launches while preventing abuse of this permission."
--> Ahah...if they only know that even patrons can't...

Siobhan
10-08-2014, 04:56 AM
ok...so... let me get this right so I don't "misquote" anyone. (Disclaimer: I use the generalized plural "you" and not the specific singular "you" in my post.)

1. You didn't get in on the initial land grab.
2. You are not patient enough to let things take their natural course and grab an expiring farm.
3. You don't want your place in a PvP area.
4. You want it "now" or the game is fail and you aren't going to play any more.
5. Since you can't get your farm now, you want to limit or take away land from those who already have it, no matter how hard they worked for it and how long it took them to get it.
6. You can't play unless you have a farm.
7. Everyone who is faster than you at grabbing an expiring farm is either a bot or a hacker
8. You have decided the best course of action is whining in the public forums
9. There is nothing else to do in the game while waiting to find your land
10. Everyone who owns land is fair game for trolling

I am not for one minute saying that there are not bots and hacks being used. Trion (and by extension XL) should be all over that and fix it. Knowing that the reason you can't have a plot of land is because of cheating is absolutely unacceptable.

HOWEVER...

Nowhere does it ever say you would be handed a plot of land for your farm upon downloading the client. Yes, the advertising says you can own land. It does not say you WILL own land.

Land in this game is a precious commodity. The competition for land is no less PvP than outright killing the opposite faction. Grabbing all the land you can, while placing things so that others cannot get land is a valid (if maddening) tactic. So sorry that you can't see that.

Yes, I have land. Yes, I worked my ♥♥♥ of for it. No, you can't have any of it. I am not going to give up what I have so someone who is simply butthurt can have it, and no, I am not going to agree with ANYONE who wants to limit what others have worked so hard to get.

TL;DR:

Bots and hacks and 3rd party programs are unacceptable, regardless of what some forumgoers say (as evidenced by myriad "how to" threads here and elsewhere.)

Having said that, Land is what it is. It's rare, as it should be, and not getting what you want RIGHT NOW without having to be patient or work for it isn't my fault, and I am not going to feel guilty for working my ♥♥♥ off to get what I have. I will not let you take it away from me or anyone else.

Rosoro
10-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Simple math here, there are 188 posts in this thread. Maybe one in 100 people post. So in round numbers 20,000 people are as upset as the people in this thread. If half of those people are annoyed enough to cancel their patron status then Trion stands to loose 10,000 patrons or on the order of $150,000 a month.

It's simple really. EQ Next has started beta testing. Sony has been testing their land allocation system for over a year in EQ Landmark and will most likely get it right. Trion can not afford for this situation to continue or EQ Next will scavenge all their customers.

@Siobhan: I find it repugnant when people who have something must also add insult to injury for those less fortunate.

P3rconte
10-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Those ppl unfortunately ruin this amazing game and make chaos in economic (ingame).

As we know, any competition is very good for game and economic.

According to post @Siobhan, new ppl who actually start the game are loosers and unpatient players, cuz they want it a peace of land (which actually they paid for - I don't agree with you about - rare land - cuz patron status is for OWN LAND.

Sry about that, but I hope that Trion and XLGames take a high way and make this 'patron staff' available for more ppl, not for those (only) who are like you.

nyxis
10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
ok...so... let me get this right so I don't "misquote" anyone. (Disclaimer: I use the generalized plural "you" and not the specific singular "you" in my post.)

1. You didn't get in on the initial land grab.
2. You are not patient enough to let things take their natural course and grab an expiring farm.
3. You don't want your place in a PvP area.
4. You want it "now" or the game is fail and you aren't going to play any more.
5. Since you can't get your farm now, you want to limit or take away land from those who already have it, no matter how hard they worked for it and how long it took them to get it.
6. You can't play unless you have a farm.
7. Everyone who is faster than you at grabbing an expiring farm is either a bot or a hacker
8. You have decided the best course of action is whining in the public forums
9. There is nothing else to do in the game while waiting to find your land
10. Everyone who owns land is fair game for trolling

I am not for one minute saying that there are not bots and hacks being used. Trion (and by extension XL) should be all over that and fix it. Knowing that the reason you can't have a plot of land is because of cheating is absolutely unacceptable.

HOWEVER...

Nowhere does it ever say you would be handed a plot of land for your farm upon downloading the client. Yes, the advertising says you can own land. It does not say you WILL own land.

Land in this game is a precious commodity. The competition for land is no less PvP than outright killing the opposite faction. Grabbing all the land you can, while placing things so that others cannot get land is a valid (if maddening) tactic. So sorry that you can't see that.

Yes, I have land. Yes, I worked my ♥♥♥ of for it. No, you can't have any of it. I am not going to give up what I have so someone who is simply butthurt can have it, and no, I am not going to agree with ANYONE who wants to limit what others have worked so hard to get.

TL;DR:

Bots and hacks and 3rd party programs are unacceptable, regardless of what some forumgoers say (as evidenced by myriad "how to" threads here and elsewhere.)

Having said that, Land is what it is. It's rare, as it should be, and not getting what you want RIGHT NOW without having to be patient or work for it isn't my fault, and I am not going to feel guilty for working my ♥♥♥ off to get what I have. I will not let you take it away from me or anyone else.

you worked your ♥♥♥ off for you land huh? Well, well done you!
I think you're missing the point here though...The whole land grab and headstart that a hell of a lot of people PAID for...was an enormous epic fail, which lead a hell of a lot of people not even able to access the game...stupid queue times, inadequate server numbers, so don't try and belittle people that feel the need to vent their frustration, just because you managed to get yourself some land...

And damn straight SOE are testing the ♥♥♥ off EQN..,I'd expect no less from them. We've waited long enough for that game...Their community of mostly mature members, would much rather wait for a proper game...than a half assed rushed fail of a launch. (And yes before anyone starts, I'm aware that no launch is bug free) I've gamed myself long enough now :)

Firescream
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
This game is Craft, Claim and Conquer. You can't really Craft effectively unless you Claim. I suppose Claiming leads to Conquering. Regardless, there are Head Start Patrons with no land and there are quite a few I know personally. How many in total is unknown but it seems like it's a fairly high number. New players have absolutely no chance to get some land. Existing players wanting to buy some land from those who were greedy and smart enough to take advantage of the situation at launch, can't afford it. I saw some guy selling a 16x16 for 800g. Others I've seen for 600g. Etc.

There are a few issues that for the health of the game should have been addressed before launch but maybe can be fixed moving forward.

Land plots should have been made with a snap to grid methodology. There is TON of wasted space if you walk through the existing housing areas. This would have maximized the allocated land areas and certainly more people would at least had a better chance of being on even ground with other players.

I don't really care what anyone says, land should have been restricted at launch. The way things went down is those who knew how to power level through and get the land fast sucked it all up when there were many who had to work or for any reason could not be part of the land rush. This would have given the more casual player a chance of being on even ground with other players. Not sure what to suggest but perhaps opening up some housing expansion that is only available to players who currently own no land. Perhaps only in PvP zones as well so to protect those who already own land in prime areas.

I won't argue fair or not fair, simply if your game is loosely sandbox based around owning at least a 16x16 farm, then you want people to have an opportunity to get some when they download the game. This ensures continued revenue stream. Without that 16x16 farm, you can hardly do much crafting in this game. They should at least open up more 16x16 areas so that everyone at least has a chance of being on even ground with other players. Crafting is just way too important in this game and it's just not feasible without a farm.

Public farms were a good idea but the restrictions on what can be grown is silly and there are simply not enough of them. Most worth placing a crop in are full. Most crops or animals that are truly worth farming can't be placed on public farms. This should be fixed as it would also help players have a chance of being on even ground with other players.

New players can't even place an 8x8 plot. I saw some poor guy in chat the other day trying his hardest to get some help and simply it's sorry man but you're SOL. When he's in his 40s he might still be able to find a few 8x8 spots in PvP zones but good luck until then. New players are immediately excluded from a major part of the game due to lack of fore site and planning. You can argue about the game economy but something that is a major selling point of the game should not be excluded from new players in this way. Again the game will not be healthy long term this way.

To those who own land and want to come into this thread to preach to others about get over it, land is rare, blah, blah; you should want other players who don't have land now to have the opportunity to get some land. The success of the game depends on a lot more people able to succeed than just yourself. Unless maybe you want to play the game alone or a game that looks like a ghost town when most everyone quits. What's the point if you don't have a chance to compete with existing players who own some land......most will play a different game.

Mootai
10-08-2014, 01:24 PM
100% agreed what you wrote Firescream.
Honeslty... I like this game. There was huge problems during the launch... and now that some are fixed (at least the endless queues), the ONE last huge problem this game got for me is the lack of constructible land.
I got my 16x16 scarecrow design since weeks... and it's just an useless item in my inventory (and i searched for a room for it a lot). And i know many players don't even had the chance to place their 8x8. I can easy imagine how they can dislike paying for a game you miss an important part of the gameplay.
I hope Trion will fix that in a way or an other... but after so much time without anything coming, i really doubt it now.

Archaelin
10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
This game is Craft, Claim and Conquer. You can't really Craft effectively unless you Claim. I suppose Claiming leads to Conquering. Regardless, there are Head Start Patrons with no land and there are quite a few I know personally. How many in total is unknown but it seems like it's a fairly high number. New players have absolutely no chance to get some land. Existing players wanting to buy some land from those who were greedy and smart enough to take advantage of the situation at launch, can't afford it. I saw some guy selling a 16x16 for 800g. Others I've seen for 600g. Etc.

There are a few issues that for the health of the game should have been addressed before launch but maybe can be fixed moving forward.

Land plots should have been made with a snap to grid methodology. There is TON of wasted space if you walk through the existing housing areas. This would have maximized the allocated land areas and certainly more people would at least had a better chance of being on even ground with other players.

I don't really care what anyone says, land should have been restricted at launch. The way things went down is those who knew how to power level through and get the land fast sucked it all up when there were many who had to work or for any reason could not be part of the land rush. This would have given the more casual player a chance of being on even ground with other players. Not sure what to suggest but perhaps opening up some housing expansion that is only available to players who currently own no land. Perhaps only in PvP zones as well so to protect those who already own land in prime areas.

I won't argue fair or not fair, simply if your game is loosely sandbox based around owning at least a 16x16 farm, then you want people to have an opportunity to get some when they download the game. This ensures continued revenue stream. Without that 16x16 farm, you can hardly do much crafting in this game. They should at least open up more 16x16 areas so that everyone at least has a chance of being on even ground with other players. Crafting is just way too important in this game and it's just not feasible without a farm.

Public farms were a good idea but the restrictions on what can be grown is silly and there are simply not enough of them. Most worth placing a crop in are full. Most crops or animals that are truly worth farming can't be placed on public farms. This should be fixed as it would also help players have a chance of being on even ground with other players.

New players can't even place an 8x8 plot. I saw some poor guy in chat the other day trying his hardest to get some help and simply it's sorry man but you're SOL. When he's in his 40s he might still be able to find a few 8x8 spots in PvP zones but good luck until then. New players are immediately excluded from a major part of the game due to lack of fore site and planning. You can argue about the game economy but something that is a major selling point of the game should not be excluded from new players in this way. Again the game will not be healthy long term this way.

To those who own land and want to come into this thread to preach to others about get over it, land is rare, blah, blah; you should want other players who don't have land now to have the opportunity to get some land. The success of the game depends on a lot more people able to succeed than just yourself. Unless maybe you want to play the game alone or a game that looks like a ghost town when most everyone quits. What's the point if you don't have a chance to compete with existing players who own some land......most will play a different game.

It's an entitlement issue. Those are the same people who believe they should make 15 dollars an hour working at McDonalds. Life is so unfair!

I'm sorry, I just get really tired of this whole thing. I was head-start. I missed out on the land, new servers came up, I decided to take a chance and switch. I had multiple "days" to grab land, not hours but days. People who had head-start and didn't get land, it sucks but seriously you have no one to blame but yourselves. (and maybe Trion since they have the most craptastic customer service in history and largely are ignoring people's in-game issues.)

Feyer
10-08-2014, 08:08 PM
It's an entitlement issue. Those are the same people who believe they should make 15 dollars an hour working at McDonalds. Life is so unfair!

I'm sorry, I just get really tired of this whole thing. I was head-start. I missed out on the land, new servers came up, I decided to take a chance and switch. I had multiple "days" to grab land, not hours but days. People who had head-start and didn't get land, it sucks but seriously you have no one to blame but yourselves. (and maybe Trion since they have the most craptastic customer service in history and largely are ignoring people's in-game issues.)

The problem is that much of the game revolves around land, crafting, etc. I don't think he's saying people are entitled to it. Rather, in order to keep the game alive, they are going to have to figure out a way where people can at least get some sort of land in order to play the game properly. It's a game, not a job. That's the difference between this game and your analogy. Being able to be on at the right times in a game is not the equivalent of getting an MBA. Getting land in a game isn't the equivalent of landing a six-figure job out of college.

Personally, I could care less about land until they eventually fix it where I can somehow buy land no matter what. I'll just play the game and dredge through a game that still acts and feels like it's in beta until they actually release the whole game to us. I'm just saying, I don't think either your analogy or your viewpoint on the topic makes much sense when you think about it realistically. Some people have things to do with their time that don't involve sitting in front of a computer screen....like I am right now...why am I even writing this again? lol

Reeko
10-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Nice game u got there... Housing in this game is a myth because 90% of the players arent even able to get a plot....

I got 2 8x8 Farms and thats it.. No chance on getting a 16x16 because everytime the hackers who arent even near the plot are getting them...

And for houses yeah not even a single plot left...

Just as a reminder game only started few weeks ago so well done if goal was to screw up nearly the whole player base....

Darknstone
10-09-2014, 08:33 AM

What the ♥♥♥♥ does McDons have to do with some poor prick who cant even get a 8x8 and some other looser trying to sell it for 600 to 800 gold.
A massive amount of this game has to do with commerce something they never get to do.
I hope you get hit by a Ban Hammer and cant get in and pay your tax's and loose your farms then come on here and have a cry.

I agree with Firescream good post dude.

Corvox
10-09-2014, 08:36 AM
I own a 16x16 and 3 8x8's

I started in open beta, got to play 2 days.

I then started again on the same day launch was. I started out as a F2P player on day one I had already made enough gold to purchase an Auction House License.

By day 3 I had enough for Patron, and did not look back.

Day 4 Joined a Small guild, by day 7 the small guild (none were in head start) Had a thatched farm house.

So if people from head start do not own land, I would like to know what these people actually did in beta's? Because learning the game doesn't seem likely what they focused on.

800g can be made in a week easy as a patron. And you then would have enough to buy land. Gotta have risk in life, without it your not living.

Corvox
10-09-2014, 08:46 AM

You do understand what inflation is right? 15 an hour is like making 4.25 in 93 (and thats what you got paid as min in 93).

The only reason a gov wouldnt want to raise this is becuase it shows the world how inflated our money really is, and that 100 trillion we owe to china now is 500 trillion or we keep showing the world we dont have inflation and keep pay rates the same.

Same reason they keep taxing us, to pay for road fixes, instead of raising the gas tax to the correct levels.

And I have seen people making six figures a year lose their job, and try to work in fast food, They failed horribly. They even said it was a harder job then they thought..

You need a good memory, be quick on your feet, read 100 words a min, remember left from right, remember 4-5 timers, make 5-8 burgers at a time for 2-3 hours straight, well reading what go's on each, making sure you do not mess up someones order, because that someone is a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ that cant see the error of his ways by the way he treats people.

Then the counter help must keep a straight face well they hand that ♥♥♥♥♥♥-bag their food, even though being a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ can cause kids to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ too.

Oh BTW, the reason people want 15 an hour from Mikey D's is, because they found out that their managers (the easier job at fast food by the way it only involves, counting, and writing skills and basic math gets 60-120K a year)

bummeline
10-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Scheiß Spiel man kann kein Haus mehr bauen habe sogleich aufgehört das Spiel zu Spielen.

Careby
10-09-2014, 09:42 AM
...No chance on getting a 16x16 because everytime the hackers who arent even near the plot are getting them...
IF hackers manage to get ALL the demolished houses and farms, what will they do with them? Sell them, would be my guess. I'm not defending hackers and think they should be eradicated from the game, but I am also a pragmatist. Would you rather the piece of land you need be snapped up by someone who wants to keep it, or someone who wants to flip it for gold? If competing with hackers is the problem, then shift your energy to accumulating the gold needed to buy what you want. It will hurt at first, but then you can relax and move on.

Mousie
10-09-2014, 09:46 AM
You do understand what inflation is right? 15 an hour is like making 4.25 in 93 (and thats what you got paid as min in 93).

The only reason a gov wouldnt want to raise this is becuase it shows the world how inflated our money really is, and that 100 trillion we owe to china now is 500 trillion or we keep showing the world we dont have inflation and keep pay rates the same.

Same reason they keep taxing us, to pay for road fixes, instead of raising the gas tax to the correct levels.

And I have seen people making six figures a year lose their job, and try to work in fast food, They failed horribly. They even said it was a harder job then they thought..

You need a good memory, be quick on your feet, read 100 words a min, remember left from right, remember 4-5 timers, make 5-8 burgers at a time for 2-3 hours straight, well reading what go's on each, making sure you do not mess up someones order, because that someone is a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ that cant see the error of his ways by the way he treats people.

Then the counter help must keep a straight face well they hand that ♥♥♥♥♥♥-bag their food, even though being a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ can cause kids to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ too.

Oh BTW, the reason people want 15 an hour from Mikey D's is, because they found out that their managers (the easier job at fast food by the way it only involves, counting, and writing skills and basic math gets 60-120K a year)

You're absolutely right that you have to work at those jobs. No ones disagreeing with you. But please explain to me how a job where you dont even need an 8th grade education merits pay above minimum. Also you do realize if you bump the pay minimum, you are effectively giving everyone a pay decrease because by raising minimum you are CAUSING a drastic inflation for no reason.

Reeko
10-09-2014, 11:10 AM
IF hackers manage to get ALL the demolished houses and farms, what will they do with them? Sell them, would be my guess. I'm not defending hackers and think they should be eradicated from the game, but I am also a pragmatist. Would you rather the piece of land you need be snapped up by someone who wants to keep it, or someone who wants to flip it for gold? If competing with hackers is the problem, then shift your energy to accumulating the gold needed to buy what you want. It will hurt at first, but then you can relax and move on.

so ur best way of managing it is by supporting hackers?

Leseno
10-09-2014, 12:24 PM
this is a guide which no one can use after the first week because those who already has a house won't need it while everyone else is permanently denied a piece of land.

nyxis
10-09-2014, 01:06 PM
LOL I love so much how people veer off what we're trying to discuss, and how the hell McD's got into the conversation...I'll never know.
Thing is..no I'd rather a real player have land over a bot/hacker any day. What an obsurd and silly thing to say, And this is mostly our problem...the lack of common sense from a large proportion of the player base...Now you go round looking at land and feel frustrated and why some *%$& put his house like he did...simple, Is he a ♥♥♥♥♥♥? probably....did they even realise you could turn the house once it was placed...majority? probably not..panic clicking is way more fun anyway! Did they all place them like massive morons to stop others claiming nearby land...MOST DEFFINATLEY....Blame the developers for that, as another poster pointed out...a snap to grid wouldn't have hurt and would have at least given everyone a better chance at land...I don't agree with the 2 weeks grace or W/E it is either....you should be able to pay taxes in advance...but if you can't get in game TOUGH..lose you land...it's that simple. It's like your rent/mortgage on your home, don't pay it you're out...

Lots of things that cold be implemented...And get rid of the damn bots already!!

Careby
10-09-2014, 01:09 PM
so ur best way of managing it is by supporting hackers?
That's one way to put it. Do what you have to do to solve your problem, and then get on with playing your game. Or, you can stand by your principles, complaining for someone to step in and fix your problem and give you what you think you deserve. I wonder how long that will take?

Savage
10-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I think that if you want to own a house/piece of land, then you should have to be a patron for AT LEAST a month AND/OR be a certain level say 25 or 30. That way it keeps those who are serious about playing this game and paying for this game opportunities to get land where they want. I have a house and a scarecrow but I want them to be in the same location and I can't find any place to put them. I only chose to become a patron so I could have my own house and small little farm. If anybody knows of any free spots available on Ollo then please tell me. But I think this would be a good way for those who are serious about playing this game the opportunities they deserve to have a house and a farm.

Evangelion
10-09-2014, 03:01 PM
i want a house

i dont know how or why a lvl 10 char which is logged in once every two weeks have land while i who play daily and lvl 50 dont have because i didnt no-life quickly enough

fure
10-10-2014, 03:16 AM
I will have not a 16x16 farm, i just know it.
I have some latency playing, so i cant compite for a demolishing spot.
I'm working, so when they will open Auroria, i will not be there rushing for a Little space.
I can't save 800 gold, to "buy" a spot, and if someday i have them, the spot will go for 1500 gold.

This week ends my patron status, and will renueve it for sure. Because i think that developers will resolve the land problems. Will give them an other mounth for resolve it.

I will give mine suggestions:

Make accounts just can plant a new "farm" if they have no others farm under construction, and all characters have no taxes debt. You can have as many spots as you like, but one after one.

Open a new map zone, safe zone, one on each continent, and full map will be "farming" zone , put some merchants, aucctioner, wharehouses .... And put enought land, that make impossible to people especulate with it. This will make impossible that hackers take all.

Sorry for my english

guelle2410
10-10-2014, 06:46 AM
I just recently got patron the day before yesterday, and last night just finished building my third 8x8, all of them next to each other and in gweonid forest. Of course land for 16x16 and houses is more hard to find, but theres is plenty for 8x8 plots, which should really help you start farming all the gold needed to buy a house or tatched.

sjsmit12
10-10-2014, 08:10 AM
I just recently got patron the day before yesterday, and last night just finished building my third 8x8, all of them next to each other and in gweonid forest. Of course land for 16x16 and houses is more hard to find, but theres is plenty for 8x8 plots, which should really help you start farming all the gold needed to buy a house or tatched.

No one wants to leave a server where they already have a level 50, a guild, an a bunch of friends.

Inkedbettie
10-10-2014, 06:24 PM
No one wants to leave a server where they already have a level 50, a guild, an a bunch of friends.

Seriously, we have a person that is managing to get tons of demolished houses yet they are never there when they build it? and when you look at the houses it says they only have to pay 15 tax for right now 5 houses in their name.

Prayr
10-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Good luck finding a house plot that you can actually grab.... The HOUSEBOT, will beat you every time! Trion supports botting, as per a comment by our very own Community Manager "the game mechanics are working as intended" How do you compete with bots when they are supported by the dev team? Saw a bot yesterday beat over 50 people to placement, built the house, and paid taxes in a matter of about 3 minutes!!! No way a live player competes with that kind of scripting!!

Targaros
10-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Hello !

I think i will speak for all players on Shatigon realm we need that housing areas become free in all the world.

Moreover it's time to follow and delete all bots who are stealing all the houses when they are destructed.

Finally thank you to take our advice to develop the pleasure in game.

(this sentence is about all the players who has paid 140$ and who thought build their Houses, farms...

Cadence
10-12-2014, 03:49 AM

This is the most shortsighted statement I have ever heard. Either that or this person runs these very bots and hacks we are discussing

Gliese
10-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Something needs to be done ASAP about the land grab hacking. Maybe changing it to where (enter time period here) after a house is demolished, people can enter a lottery for said lot. Then after the time expires, highest roll wins the lot and is able to place there house/farm. They should then have a set time period to place something otherwise it goes to the next highest roller etc.

Aided
10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Open House Placing everywhere, no Plot's !!!! (so many Space on every Map)

Not in the Npc's Areas or Quest Region.

Each Character have 1 House(Advanced in Medium or Large) little and big Scarecrow, thats all.

nersofp
10-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I want land land land land:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Firescream
10-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Trion,

Anyone with a level 50, a guild and friends isn't going to move to another server which seems to be the only solution you want to offer. The only real solution is to open more land for housing.

I for one will not continue with my Patron if something isn't done. It's just not worth it. The mechanic is too much of an integral part of the game.

DarkKnight
10-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Land Grab house bots are not being stopped so think Trion must think its ok?
I watched 5 plots be taken and know its bots.
I went and did a little research and IP Packet logging of local players when house was taken and found the one these cheaters are using.
Trion, you can't stop or is it a free for all now?

Deawyn
10-14-2014, 04:07 AM
I too am asking myself: "Why should I renew my patron status, if I cannot use its main feature?".

The answer is easy: I won't. If there is no reasonable way to obtain the bare minimum (a farm house OR a scarecrow farm 16x16), I will stop being a paying customer, easy as that.
And no, I do not consider paying someone, who already holds a couple of houses/farms giant ammounts of gold a "reasonable way".

The best way would be a priority list... enter the list and you get the priority deal for placement on any terrain, that becomes available, in order of the list. If you do not claim your "price" within 24h you get dropped from the list... You may enter several lists for different structures and different locations, but as soon as you place a farm/house, you get dropped from all list. Any account, who already got a house and/or farm cannot be ahead in the list of patrons, who do not own such structures.

KisakiAsiko
10-14-2014, 05:29 AM
Personally after trying a few times now there needs to be some sort of way to make it fairer. For one how is it fair that someone has more than one farm plot whilst others are having issues just placing the small one. I understand having a house is cool and all but you only need one.

I would make it down to luck, we can't tell when the houses will get demolished so it comes down to finding it free. it would lower the competition and atleast make finding a spot a happy lucky moment.

Only reason im considering keeping my patron is cuz i have a small plot and like hell and im letting that little baby go.

Rman
10-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Nice. Now if only i would not have been screwed out of land by Trion allowing to many subs on the headstart servers. After several weeks still no indication that Trion even acknowledges the problem.

"Craft, Claim, Conquer"
"Your land, your rules"

No sir.

Gloriana
10-14-2014, 01:23 PM
I would make it down to luck, we can't tell when the houses will get demolished so it comes down to finding it free. it would lower the competition and atleast make finding a spot a happy lucky moment.

This would just benefit people who already own land, since the first people to notice the plot was free would be the people who have farms/houses right next to it.

birdeye
10-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Concerning making land ownership fairer I would suggest changing how expiring properties are handled. By implementing a feature when expired properties on put on auction either once a day or once a week so that everyone would have a equal chance as opposed to playing clicking and hoping you don't lag. I'm don't think that land should be "easy" but nor do I think its ok for a single player have 10+ properties. It took me a little over a week to get my two properties (farm and cottage) missed on quite a few. Currenly the only way to get land is to either pay for it which i'm not a fan of or checking on expiring property and coming back right before it expires. It can be done but by no mean is it optimal.

Firescream
10-14-2014, 08:27 PM
I've finally experienced the fun of waiting around for a few plots to expire. Each time I tried, some unguilded level 8-10 showed up less than a minute before expiration and a quick "yay" and then gone with them as the new owner. What a joke this game has become. For those who got some land during Head Start etc, have fun with the game. I just can't stand how ridiculous the situation has become. It's even more insulting that Trion isn't doing anything substantial about the hackers and they say nothing about the land issue. It would be nice if they would say if they are even considering opening up more areas. At least if they officially stated never going to happen, I could quit playing this joke of a game and find a new one. Patrons in so many numbers getting screwed out of land is starting to reinforce the idea from many that this was just a money grab of a game. They don't seem to care about the long term. I'll give the month left until my Patron expires and then no more money from me.....

P3rconte
10-14-2014, 10:08 PM
I wonder does Trion actually read this whole topic? I don't think so.

@Firescream
I had a same situation just 1 hour earlier. The 'guy' show up from nowhere, claim a land and wanish without any trail. Peaople around plot was confused, few of us send a ticket, but from my expirience -> Trion doesn't care.

retiree
10-15-2014, 08:12 AM
I feel the Devs should make it similar to the constructing boats....when you drop a house claim, you should have two weeks tops to build it...if it isn't built, then its available...I say this because I do not know how many house constructions I have looked at to see if they are going to expire, and low and behold, they are not even being built...just a claim to the plot so they can sell them for an outrageous amount, because the Devs seem to not care about expanding the housing/farming province areas...there are plenty of places without mobs, and flat, but no housing there...seems they wanted to make a lot of money by selling the founders packs, knowing that they wouldn't have enough plots for everyone...

Komaeda
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Nice. Now if only i would not have been screwed out of land by Trion allowing to many subs on the headstart servers. After several weeks still no indication that Trion even acknowledges the problem.

"Craft, Claim, Conquer"
"Your land, your rules"

No sir.

If you didn't already know - they are opening Auroria for farms and homes soon. So (almost) everyone will get land. Hopefully everyone.

Arrg
10-15-2014, 09:41 AM
I've got 6 farmhouses ready to go for when Auoria hits.

Bluemaze
10-15-2014, 09:42 AM
A simple solution to the problem of when land goes to expire would be when the timer expires, anyone for 5 minutes can claim a ticket/chance for the land. After the 5 minutes a ticket is randomly chosen to own the land. Even better yet, would be to put the lands on the AH with the same mechanism.

Barb
10-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Even better would be a land queue, where a person would have to have a design to fit the land in hand before entering the purchase queue. When land becomes available, the next person in line would be notified and have the right of first refusal. And people who already own land of that type would go to the end of the queue behind people who have no land of that type.

DarkKnight
10-15-2014, 10:36 AM
I've finally experienced the fun of waiting around for a few plots to expire. Each time I tried, some unguilded level 8-10 showed up less than a minute before expiration and a quick "yay" and then gone with them as the new owner. What a joke this game has become. For those who got some land during Head Start etc, have fun with the game. I just can't stand how ridiculous the situation has become. It's even more insulting that Trion isn't doing anything substantial about the hackers and they say nothing about the land issue. It would be nice if they would say if they are even considering opening up more areas. At least if they officially stated never going to happen, I could quit playing this joke of a game and find a new one. Patrons in so many numbers getting screwed out of land is starting to reinforce the idea from many that this was just a money grab of a game. They don't seem to care about the long term. I'll give the month left until my Patron expires and then no more money from me.....

Agree, I waited on the website chat for an hour and talked with a GM and told them about the LANDGRAB bot and gave them the URL and seemed like he knew nothing.
Only comment was ' Trion is working on making it better but don't use yourself as I said that was the only way to get land'

I have NO plans to use these cheats but seems Trion has no plan to fix anytime soon either.

No land for me and love when they say move servers after having a guild, level 50 and spending real money on credits on current server. Would move if they had a way to move my stuff.

I asked about Land opening up and GM said he had no clue if more land would open.

I held back but felt like this hour waiting for the GM was a waste of time.

Serahya
10-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Useful guide, thanks

Kaosmajor
10-30-2014, 08:51 AM
nice guide. but to answer the question what will I build in archeage , I guess nothing. got to be able to get land before u can build that farm or house of your dreams . I would not of paid for this game if I knew all land was bot hacked and gone.

Kaosfury
10-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Still dont have to play now that you know....or you can put in some effort, and hunt....you will find land

Raisa
10-30-2014, 09:18 AM
HELP!!!! Where do I find this? (Small Construction Board Zone)

Raisa
10-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Noob BOT!!!! DON"T CRY :)