PDA

View Full Version : [Request/Poll] Return Bounty Hunter Sytem

Sessia
01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I read that there was a system like this in alpha but it's been removed. I am assuming it was removed because of abuse. I think it's really interesting and I would like to see it modified and put back in.

Wanted Players
1. The bounty hunter cloak/Executioner title should give bounty hunters the ability to attack wanted players without needing to turn on bloodlust mode. Right now attacking criminals generates infamy.

2. It would be cool if criminals can get a debuff right after committing a crime and while this debuff is active they can be sent to jail by a bounty hunter. This would give some risk to stealing and uprooting right in front of the owner or other players.

3. Bounty hunting rewards for arresting or killing criminals as either honor points or gold.

Prime Suspects

From what I gather the bounty hunters had the ability to give judgement to prime suspects and give them a debuff that lasted 10 hours. I suggest this feature be given to players who have completed 100 trials and obtained the judges reward box (Maybe equipping the set gives the ability to use the skill). This would reduce the amount of people available to abuse the system. And hopefully players would be unwilling to risk a ban for abusing the feature on an account they have spent months on getting those trial numbers.

I did read a post on reddit where Hartsman promised to work out a solution to the abuse http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/24od4x/so_it_turns_out_theres_a_serious_way_to_abuse/ch99b56.

This is exactly why we test. Things like this started happening last week.
When we first saw that feature, our collective thinking was: "This'd be pretty neat in a world of no abusing it. What the hell, let's see what happens in alpha."
As of last week, the opinion became, "Welp, that went about as well as we expected."
Since then, we've been lining up the requests to tweak it to becoming a sanely scaleable mechanic for bot reporting in the west.
BTW - Really appreciate the calm, factual report and commentary, despite having lost things and being dinged on playable time. If I had to hold up an ideal example of how to bring something like this up in an effective way, it'd look very close to what you just posted.

I hope Trion and XL can work together to re-implement this feature.

Does anyone else want this feature back? I think it would make gameplay even more interesting and having a way to deal with bots when GMs aren't online would be so much easier than pointlessly killing them over and over again.

Any other ideas how this system could be brought back?

SkullMonkey
01-23-2015, 03:21 PM
I think this is a great idea and it should be brought back ASAP.

Cuz
01-24-2015, 06:54 AM
Holy hell what a fantastic idea!!! This would make the game quite enjoyable and reduce the amounts of bots by offering bounties. This is a win- win situation and would LOVE to hear trion's full response seeing how im a paying customer thats paid hundreds of dollars. *hint* 'TRION LOOK AT THREAD'

Trixologist
01-25-2015, 06:57 PM
I definitely cosign this idea. I want it back!

chocolateman
01-26-2015, 07:01 PM
i want to be a bounty hunter :(
http://i.imgur.com/SwXyfKS.jpg

RadiantShocker
01-27-2015, 06:13 PM
bump

/10char

clawgerber
01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
this feature was removed because we sneaky american player's immediately figured out a way to exploit it. the original system gave the user an ability to insta smite anyone who had the suspected user debuf. 5 people had too report him first, argo 6 people sneak up on someone, five report and the sixth ko's him. this could be used anywhere, peace or no.

though you suggested a different system, the problem with yours is there's too much actual justice in it. the game is built for people to be criminals, it is endorsed to scam and trick people. trion/xl has to think about the pirates play experience too.

Sessia
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
this feature was removed because we sneaky american player's immediately figured out a way to exploit it. the original system gave the user an ability to insta smite anyone who had the suspected user debuf. 5 people had too report him first, argo 6 people sneak up on someone, five report and the sixth ko's him. this could be used anywhere, peace or no.

though you suggested a different system, the problem with yours is there's too much actual justice in it. the game is built for people to be criminals, it is endorsed to scam and trick people. trion/xl has to think about the pirates play experience too.

This is more about bots and nothing to do with pirates. I would be happy if the only things added were the ability to attack wanted same faction members without flagging and the ability to send Prime Suspects to jail.

Ravensor
01-29-2015, 12:03 AM
So you're telling me that all this talk about a "bounty system" was just for killing bots? That system sounds freaking terrible... Just report bots now and get your free labor. There is no way to get rid of them completely. They will always be there. Trion seems to be doing a farely good job of keeping my chat log non-spam filled. One every now and then, yes, but not nearly as bad as it was when i first started playing.

Now... a bounty system... Ah that would be nice. A bounty system should be put in that allows players to offer up their own gold to put a price on another player's head. There should be a bounty board in the major cities that that would show the players up for bounty. Any player should be able to add to the pot for killing the player. Other players should be able to purchase a bounty scroll(either through honor points or a new form of currency alltogether) that would start a quest to kill that specific player. A fee should be taken from the pot as payment for putting it up on the board. This would be a great way to eliminate some of the gold from each server and avoid any abuse since the gold would only be trading hands between players rather than being generated from the game. The player killed should be sent to some form of jail(maybe stocks in a city square or some form of old school punishment) for a short time. That is the type of bounty system i envisioned when i heard about it being in alpha. I think a system like this would be freaking awesome. It would also allow people who don't want crime points to get back at people that grief them(i.e. steal their packs and what-not).

Sessia
01-29-2015, 03:48 AM
So you're telling me that all this talk about a "bounty system" was just for killing bots? That system sounds freaking terrible... Just report bots now and get your free labor. There is no way to get rid of them completely. They will always be there. Trion seems to be doing a farely good job of keeping my chat log non-spam filled. One every now and then, yes, but not nearly as bad as it was when i first started playing.

Now... a bounty system... Ah that would be nice. A bounty system should be put in that allows players to offer up their own gold to put a price on another player's head. There should be a bounty board in the major cities that that would show the players up for bounty. Any player should be able to add to the pot for killing the player. Other players should be able to purchase a bounty scroll(either through honor points or a new form of currency alltogether) that would start a quest to kill that specific player. A fee should be taken from the pot as payment for putting it up on the board. This would be a great way to eliminate some of the gold from each server and avoid any abuse since the gold would only be trading hands between players rather than being generated from the game. The player killed should be sent to some form of jail(maybe stocks in a city square or some form of old school punishment) for a short time. That is the type of bounty system i envisioned when i heard about it being in alpha. I think a system like this would be freaking awesome. It would also allow people who don't want crime points to get back at people that grief them(i.e. steal their packs and what-not).

Your stocks idea is funny. Give wronged players the chance to throw stones and kick their tormentors haha.

Flidaisy
01-29-2015, 07:24 AM

I love that stocks idea - in a public square, with those piles of rocks you can throw at them. :D

As long as the bounties don't become so commonplace and just placed on people for "just because I can" reasons (like in EvE Online), causing the bounty to be meaningless when everyone has one on them, to the point where you just ignore it altogether *unless the bounty is a huge amount of money.*

Kushinator
01-29-2015, 08:54 AM
I love that stocks idea - in a public square, with those piles of rocks you can throw at them. :D

As long as the bounties don't become so commonplace and just placed on people for "just because I can" reasons (like in EvE Online), causing the bounty to be meaningless when everyone has one on them, to the point where you just ignore it altogether *unless the bounty is a huge amount of money.*

That's exactly what would happen. On my server (Aranzeb) Unji would be ♥♥♥♥ed.

TheOneAndOnlyTock
07-31-2015, 07:07 AM
I agree exactly with this, and I had more or less the same idea for the bounty system. You might even see actual mercenary guilds popping up, and it would provide content for pirates if they were able to participate as well.

Mcphearson
08-13-2015, 10:06 AM
I think SOO SOO many interesting things could and SHOULD be done with this system. Implement the bounty hunter system. No one gets to b a bounty hunter, UNLESS they complete the 100 trials. Also, they must have NO crime points at the time they qualify for Bounty Hunter Title. They can only attack and bring to Justice "Wanted " criminals.
Also, instead of putting them in JAIL where they can escape, or whatever - Implement Stocks in front of the courthouse. After being declared guilty, they are put into the stocks with a sign over their heads saying something like, "Murderer" Uprooter, etc - whatever the crime was. ALSO there should b baskets of tomatoes (or Eggs) that can be used to throw at them - This would give the pple who were hurt by these individuals a little bit of retribution - it also MIGHt make those criminals think twice before stealing tradeships, etc - it just seems really fitting and quite possibly a LOT of fun

ALSO I LOVE the idea brought up by the previous poster of being able to PUT a bounty on someone's head - someone stole an entire tradeship from you? Put bounties up on the player and watch them be brough to justice.
ONE more thing...... when someone stands trial? NO ONE from their guild should b allowed on that Jury.

Nishika
10-18-2015, 09:08 PM
YES! Please Trion really consider it and bring back the Bounty Hunter system !!! It could help with lankhackers etc. And its afterall part of the game ( or was ) I am sure many people would love to see it back ingame. please respond to it trion!

2015YAY
10-21-2015, 08:05 AM
lets get this put in to affect.