PDA

View Full Version : Seed Bundles not working correctly

Drashk
01-23-2015, 06:35 PM
I submitted a ticket on this issue, but I figured posting it here would help as well. The ticket number is #20401

Seed bundles are not being impacted by the climate that they are planted in correctly. No matter where you plant a seed bundle, it will always act as if it was planted in the incorrect climate. This means that the drop rate of resources from a seed bundle will always produce 22-28 items, no matter what your gathering/farming skill is.

At 90k Gathering, I average 35-38 items from 10 seeds planted in the correct climate--and there is a chance to receive the rare drop. With a single seed bundle, planted in any zone, the harvest is always 22-28 and has no chance to drop the rare drop.

This makes the utilization of seed bundles a choice between being less time consuming to plant or the potential for twice as many resources. This makes getting Gathering/Farming proficiency up to 90k a lot less appealing.

Sessia
01-23-2015, 07:44 PM
I thought the only difference climate makes is growth times?

Drashk
01-23-2015, 11:52 PM
I thought the only difference climate makes is growth times?

Climate also impacts the yield of each harvest. For instance, at 90k gathering I get 4 per seed about 90 - 95% of the time, when planted in the correct climate. When planted in incorrect climate, the rated drops down to about 70-75% for 4.

This is becomes a lot more apparent with crops such as alor being planted in a non-arid zone.

Liloou
01-24-2015, 05:12 AM
like someone already told you in your old thread, if i remember right, the seed bundles are not affected by climate same like animal pens. so i think everything works like intended.

Drashk
01-24-2015, 06:41 AM
like someone already told you in your old thread, if i remember right, the seed bundles are not affected by climate same like animal pens. so i think everything works like intended.

My old thread? Not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I did post in a thread once on this topic--though it was not my thread.

As for working as intended, I think you are incorrect. Just because the climate does not impact animal pens as well does not mean that things are working as intended either. The same issue that impacts seed bundles could also be impacting the pens as well, if they are both using the same code characteristics. I have no data on animal pen characteristics, but I can tell you that seed bundles do not appear to be working as intended. Not when you take into consideration that, with the exception of cotton, all bundles will produce 22-28 yield no matter what your skill and no matter what the climate.

Bundles should be impacted by climate just like seeds, when it comes to yield rates to make it a choice between the higher potential yield rate of single seeds or the convenience of planting in bulk.

Of course also taking a look at a 'normalization' of growth times on bundles would be nice as well, since in most cases the growth time on bundles is 2-3 times longer than a single seed.