PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaman a good mage class?

Dangan
01-24-2015, 05:00 PM
I made a mage character and ended up as a Shaman, is this a good class? Or should I switch it up before it's too late?

Donee
01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
I made a mage character and ended up as a Shaman, is this a good class? Or should I switch it up before it's too late?

Any sorc/witch will work fine. But in order to use vitalism you'll need weapon swap a lot between staff and club.

Dangan
01-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Alright, do weapons auto swap when you want to use a skill? Like if you have the glider on your hotbar but not equiped it auto equips?

Rischie
01-24-2015, 10:44 PM
It's a bad class unless you have good gear, to actually run it.

My advice is switch it before its too late.

Then once you get the gear if you find in your heart you need to go back to it then you can.

Spyrit
01-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Alright, do weapons auto swap when you want to use a skill? Like if you have the glider on your hotbar but not equiped it auto equips?

Yeah you can put both weapons on the hotbar. You probably want meadow gear (has more int than lake gear) which has lots of int and spirit, it has no stamina though so you might want to get earth type accessories, instrument, bow and shield (if you choose scepter, staff and 2h club would be easier for weapon swap)

Donee
01-25-2015, 07:07 AM
You can make it work, but will require more gear and skill than 90% of the other classes.

Spyrit
01-26-2015, 05:02 AM
Just remember the damage abilities in vitalism yield no honor points.

Orio
01-26-2015, 05:26 AM
Hi. I run cultist - Sorcery, occultism, vitalism. Those classes are quite similar and TBH I was thinkink of witchcraft too.

a) Staff/Club swtich
Not as troublesome, but you need to remember that you have to switch them, or your heal attempts or attacks will be ineffective.

b) I have magnificent meadow gear
Full set, staff, lute. You have less HP as with Lake, but the mana regen is then really good.

c) My role is to fill the gap
If party needs healer, I do healing. If party needs DPS wizard with a lot of AOE DMG i can to it. Just a matter of switching the weapon. Shaman can act in similar way.

d) Its very hard to learn it.
But in the end its worth it. Mostly people are not aware why, and how you have to do the things, so you have to explain, and show your strategy to the party.

e) You can focus on cast speed
Thats why Meadow set, thats why Wave rings.

Aims from Vitalism, Mana flurry from sorcery, and Folding Time fro Witchcraft.

to Spyrit:
Well, from Halcy I carried some kills and honor points even when acting as a healer, while Skewer holds nice potential.