PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! PTS Not Loading up

Kitzy
01-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Every time I have tried to play on the PTS today, I get to the CryEngine 3 Screen in the trailer, and then it just crashes out to the desktop. I have tried on 2 different computers, with the same results on both of them. Any Suggestions??

Badkitten
01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
The pts is offline even though it doesn't say so in the launcher. Trion is working on bringing the live servers up first and then maybe they might consider bringing up the Pts server or they may leave it down until the next patch.

Chuggalugg
01-28-2015, 12:59 PM
:DHiya Kitzy !:D Trixiy here , don't listen to this bad person!! of course they will bring it back....wont they? Pleassssse bring test back up !

Kitzy
01-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Hey Trixiy!! Still can't get onto the PTS, guess they will eventually get it fixed, I posted about this in the Tech support section and
Scapes answered me right away.. He said they have to get the EU and NA servers up and running first.. then they will bring the PTS back up!! Cya in-game soon... I hope.. my fingers and toes are crossed!!

Kitzy

Shantar
01-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Post here when its back please either of you, it gives me an easy way to check if its back up :)

Desie
01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi Guys its Desire....The EU and NA servers have been up several hrs now and I just tried the PTS again and no go they still not up. Just giving an update. My poor livestock hope they are ok :)

Kitzy
01-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Hey Desire, I am worried about my plants and livestock too.. and I am missing my play time! Hope it's up and running soon! Cya in-game when it starts up!!

Kitzy

Debi
01-28-2015, 05:02 PM
The whole group is here, I logged in just to make it 4, lol. I still like Aarrgghh better than United, lol.

I'm keeping an eye on the dev tracker and every hour or so checking to see if I can get in, at least I'm getting things done on Live that I have been putting off. I didn't get to plant all my corn, so I plan to harvest it, and plant the rest with fill ins of cotton for sails.

Flidaisy
01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
If you need me, I'll be over here -----> (quietly crying in the corner)

~Flidaisy

Qosh
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Hello All :D "Godfather" here. planned to do trade runs but i guess it's not gonna happen today :S

Debi
01-28-2015, 05:11 PM
*whip* go clean house, laundry, vacuum, go out to the park! There's no crying in MMOs...well, actually there is, quite a lot of it, but that's not the point! Time flies when you are housecleaning!

Debi
01-28-2015, 05:21 PM
not up as of 4:20 pm pacific time, 7:20pm eastern, 12:20am GMT

Desie
01-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah seems its still down, hope all the plants and livestock are ok, hopefully it will be back up tommarow morning. Hope to see you all soon. Take care

Hehe yeah i house cleaned today too, got stuff done on live servers, just finished dinner....I know I know no crying in MMO's /cry i need to feed my livestock...LOL im sorry but the poor poor livestock LOL

Bungledess
01-28-2015, 07:07 PM
I know they said they would take down pts whenever they felt like it.. but..Is that now? Tried logging on while I wait for my labor to regen but all it does is continue to crash... any news?

Debi
01-28-2015, 07:09 PM
No official news of any kind, they forgot to warn us that it would be down during the maint last night too, my poor yatas are hungry. Probably won't be up until tomorrow morning at the earliest, once they recover from the midnight maint.

Chiyome
01-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Daisy and Godfather!!! xD o/ cant wait to get back in either :S (joins daisy crying in the corner)

Qosh
01-28-2015, 08:22 PM
I give up waiting.. 4:21 am here already. Let's hope it will be up tomorrow.

Robinhood22
01-29-2015, 12:21 AM
In the sweet wait.

joecci
01-29-2015, 03:30 AM
Oh hey Godfather! I see you a lot in Faction chat. Question. Where is the best place to farm Jester purses on the west? I need me some of dem fancy garden powders.

joecci
01-29-2015, 03:34 AM
I just hope they don't whipe the servers... that's when I'm gonna start crying in the corner with daisy, Yatas bears and cows can be easily replaced. The 40 stone packs I farmed for my houses is another story lol. Just thinking about having to do that again makes me twitch a little.

Hadoukore
01-29-2015, 03:37 AM
I'm guessing the PTS is not up yet?
(Kouhaku here :p)

joecci
01-29-2015, 03:39 AM
BTW guys what's the biggest guild on the West ATM?

Flidaisy
01-29-2015, 06:58 AM
I just hope they don't whipe the servers... that's when I'm gonna start crying in the corner with daisy, Yatas bears and cows can be easily replaced. The 40 stone packs I farmed for my houses is another story lol. Just thinking about having to do that again makes me twitch a little.

I've got 70 stone packs worth of completed houses, not to mention 16 in houses I demolished, and I have another 10 (mined by Alciel) or so in a villa I'm working on now LOL. So, yeah, wipe would mean much, much QQ on my part. I'm surprised I don't dream of mining when I sleep...

Neeuq
01-29-2015, 07:00 AM
meh...all i wanna do is log in to do CR -_-

Qosh
01-29-2015, 07:46 AM
Oh hey Godfather! I see you a lot in Faction chat. Question. Where is the best place to farm Jester purses on the west? I need me some of dem fancy garden powders.

Hey :) Best place in west are the lvl 40 sharks @ Sanddeep.

Debi
01-29-2015, 10:40 AM
As of 9am pacific (noon eastern, 5pm GMT) still no luck. We promise we won't whine like most of the live players, just having some info would be appreciated. Even if it's 'tough luck, critters are going to die before we get it back up' or something.

Also, no complaining about wipes, they do it when it's needed and I'll help you mine for stone, Godfather. It's what we pay for having generally nice people and room to put our houses and farms down. I just need 15 packs myself for my thatched and bungalo.

Chiyome
01-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Yikes is still not up yet. Ah well...im sure it will be soon. ^^ (Tramlor says 'Hi') QQ

Kitzy
01-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I am so sad, I miss my friends and my farms.. I am so worried about my crops and animals!!
@SCAPES.. Please give us an update on what is going on.. and when we will be able to play once again!!

Thank you,

Kitzy

Sessia
01-29-2015, 01:46 PM
I am so sad, I miss my friends and my farms.. I am so worried about my crops and animals!!
@SCAPES.. Please give us an update on what is going on.. and when we will be able to play once again!!

Thanks you,

Kitzy

I thought growth and tax timers paused during downtime?

Kitzy
01-29-2015, 01:52 PM
They usually do Sessia, I just hope they do this time too :)

Debi
01-29-2015, 01:57 PM
No, they 'reset' the timers when they take the server down for any length of time. Most likely our crops and animals will be fine, because it's been only a day, but if they wait longer they will have to reset the timers and we'll be paying taxes as soon as we get in again. None of this is any reason to freak out or get upset, mostly we just want to know what to expect, and when to expect it (in general terms)

Absolute most work required from our point of view is a server wipe, but that's unlikely because there have been no game breaking bugs that we've found so far.
Next level of work needed is if they reset from 'tax day' which means all animals are ready to be fed, crops ready to harvest and taxes ready to pay, no matter when they were due before.
Least work is if they just open the server and we deal with things that a day or two downtime has caused.

Note that none of these are actually 'bad', just an idea of how much time and effort we might need to get back to where we were. If you think about it, even the 'worst' level will be fairly easy because we have already done it once and know what to do and what not to do. (ie do I really need all those houses, or can I do what I want with less effort?)

Flidaisy
01-29-2015, 02:00 PM
I've been trying to post a reply to the announcements thread but it keeps saying I must have a character higher than lvl 20 to post. I have a 48 and a 20 on NA - anyone else have this problem before?

Neeuq
01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
;( guess i wont be able to play music today on pts...wish we could just get a memo for whats going on with the servers

Desie
01-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Well still not up, no response, uggg. I posted in the tech support section again maybe they arnt seeing our posts here atm. Hopefully we can at least get an answer if they are bringing the PTS back online or leaving it down till close to next patch. Hope to see you all soon. Take care

TryhardQQ
01-29-2015, 05:24 PM
PTS is down now all the trolls on PTS don't know what to do. Cry softly Trolls, cry softly.

Debi
01-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Thought that *censored* was banned for stalking. Now he thinks he's a forum troll. I guess it's a step towards maturity, at least he's spelling correctly this time.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Go play your actual characters. PTR isn't for you to live on instead of live and do whatever. It's for testing of patches before they come out. All the current stuff on it are out and the sloth event ended. They should just keep it unaccessible till they add Diamond Shores for testing.

Qosh
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
@Saveric I guess you have nothing else to do than going on the threads about PTS and write that ♥♥♥♥.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 06:59 PM
@Qosh I guess you have nothing to do since your PTR is down since you gave up on live huh? And it's the same thing Trion has stated. You don't watch their live stream huh? Where they said they don't want people living on the PTR as if it's a normal server huh?

Debi
01-29-2015, 07:15 PM
PTR is not a normal server, no, the community there is much nicer, all things considered.

BUT, in order to test crafting you need materials, to get materials you must farm one way or another. Unless they give commands to get resources, then investing a portion of your playtime to get those materials is a logical thing to do.

Rare spawns, unintended consequences from minor changes (rumbling saplings anyone?) getting a feel for how things work when there are not hordes of griefers interrupting your data collection. These are but a few ways that testing is needed, having fifty thousand players who can't be bothered to read the FAQ showing up on day one of the patch, whining about no credits and how are they supposed to survive the library with "only decent quality level 50 gear" will really get a lot of bugs found, but not the bugs that need to be found.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
PTR is not a normal server, no, the community there is much nicer, all things considered.

BUT, in order to test crafting you need materials, to get materials you must farm one way or another. Unless they give commands to get resources, then investing a portion of your playtime to get those materials is a logical thing to do.

Rare spawns, unintended consequences from minor changes (rumbling saplings anyone?) getting a feel for how things work when there are not hordes of griefers interrupting your data collection. These are but a few ways that testing is needed, having fifty thousand players who can't be bothered to read the FAQ showing up on day one of the patch, whining about no credits and how are they supposed to survive the library with "only decent quality level 50 gear" will really get a lot of bugs found, but not the bugs that need to be found.

No, you can get the Materials to craft them in Diamond Shores. The mobs out there drop boxes that give random Salvaged Illustrious Weapons. You don't need to craft to get Tier 1 or Tier 2, Fluffy gives Magnificent which is Tier 3 Obsidian. So no, you don't need to do any leveling up crafting for Obsidian weapons.

Neeuq
01-29-2015, 09:49 PM
No, you can get the Materials to craft them in Diamond Shores. The mobs out there drop boxes that give random Salvaged Illustrious Weapons. You don't need to craft to get Tier 1 or Tier 2, Fluffy gives Magnificent which is Tier 3 Obsidian. So no, you don't need to do any leveling up crafting for Obsidian weapons.

The reason some people play on PTS is because they don't want to deal with people like you...
who obviously don't play on PTS but need to sit here and talk crap to those who do.

grummit
01-29-2015, 10:13 PM
@Qosh I guess you have nothing to do since your PTR is down since you gave up on live huh? And it's the same thing Trion has stated. You don't watch their live stream huh? Where they said they don't want people living on the PTR as if it's a normal server huh?

Nobody should be living on any server...go outside and look around, that is living. PLAYING on a server is a different matter. You are bashing people because they want to play on a test server vs a live server. What kind of Elitist crap is that? I can understand Trion not wanting too many people playing strictly on the test server (less money going into Trion's pockets, less "number of active users" bragging rights, and when Live servers become less populated rumors of the game's demise come forth). But why do you care which server people play on? Or just want to be a BFF with Trion and repeat whatever you hear/read/believe?
I play the game because it is a game, fun. But for me the fun on a live server ran out a long time ago. Now I am enjoying seeing different aspects of the game on Test. Trion doesn't want people living on a test server because there is less money to be made there.

Chuggalugg
01-30-2015, 06:17 AM
People work together on test as an MMO should be not against one another trying to grief each other to oblivion, why play on a live server where griefing is rampant when I can play on a server that has nothing but nice people (except when live servers go down). I pay plenty on the live servers so I can have things on test so no one is losing money by me playing there. FLS!

RpgKat
01-30-2015, 07:41 AM
Well that was a short test period :(

Stonelotus
01-30-2015, 08:27 AM
funny, it was the only server they could manage to keep up with no problems and they intentionally take it down.

Flidaisy
01-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Trion doesn't want people living on a test server because there is less money to be made there.

Actually, I'd say the reverse is true, even though you're correct ... Trion thinks there's less money to be made there. So many people crying for more testing credits and not getting them will only drive them to LIVE to buy credits there, which apparently is mirrored on test. :D

TryhardQQ
01-30-2015, 12:28 PM
People work together on test as an MMO should be not against one another trying to grief each other to oblivion, why play on a live server where griefing is rampant when I can play on a server that has nothing but nice people (except when live servers go down). I pay plenty on the live servers so I can have things on test so no one is losing money by me playing there. FLS!

People grief on the PTS too. AS dumb as that sounds there is uprooting, name calling and a general gang up on one person going on in the PTS.
That must be why you play on the PTS the griefing is a lot more possible when there are only few people playing.

guesswho
01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
People grief on the PTS too. AS dumb as that sounds there is uprooting, name calling and a general gang up on one person going on in the PTS.
That must be why you play on the PTS the griefing is a lot more possible when there are only few people playing.
They are like little kids, they get bored quick and head back to live where it is easier to find people to annoy ;) I renewed my patron because of pts, I like the friendly feeling i get playing on it. So many scumbags of NA servers I just farm TS trees most of the time with faction chat off.

Saveric
01-30-2015, 01:40 PM
The reason some people play on PTS is because they don't want to deal with people like you...
who obviously don't play on PTS but need to sit here and talk crap to those who do.

lol, I do play on the PTR, I play it to test the content that is going live. Not sit there to live on that server because can't cut it on the real servers.

Nobody should be living on any server...go outside and look around, that is living. PLAYING on a server is a different matter. You are bashing people because they want to play on a test server vs a live server. What kind of Elitist crap is that? I can understand Trion not wanting too many people playing strictly on the test server (less money going into Trion's pockets, less "number of active users" bragging rights, and when Live servers become less populated rumors of the game's demise come forth). But why do you care which server people play on? Or just want to be a BFF with Trion and repeat whatever you hear/read/believe?
I play the game because it is a game, fun. But for me the fun on a live server ran out a long time ago. Now I am enjoying seeing different aspects of the game on Test. Trion doesn't want people living on a test server because there is less money to be made there.
lol, living on the server means that is the main place you play. As all these people crying about their land on the PTR clearly do. It's a PTR, who cares what happens to it. Your job on it is to test the content that is going to live, and then play it on live while you wait for the next testing phase to occur. PTR should only be open during testing phases or contests that are to occur on the PTR. After that should be closed till the next and then wiped for a fresh build at the start of the next testing phase.
Game is the same on test as it is Live after the patch is released. Everything you can do on test you can do on live. There are no "different aspects" between live and ptr. It's the same. Farm your gear, Level your Skillsets, stop being lazy.

RpgKat
01-31-2015, 09:42 PM
Can't cut it on the "real servers" scuse me but some of like a different view now and then.

Bloober
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm still having the same problem of PTS not loading at all, but EU/NA work is there any fix for this?

Sessia
02-03-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm still having the same problem of PTS not loading at all, but EU/NA work is there any fix for this?

There is a sticky at the top of the forum that explains PTS will be offline until testing for the next build begins.

Badkitten
02-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Which hopefully won't be to long since valentines day is next week and the next build coming will contain items for V-day.