PDA

View Full Version : Is promising to sell someone your house, taking the money, then running away against the rules?

Dogempire
01-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Removed because question answered.

sophia
01-29-2015, 06:26 AM
no

vghvgjvghjvghjvgh

Kino
01-29-2015, 06:27 AM
Scamming is considered allowed by trino

Galix
01-29-2015, 06:27 AM
Or is it considered emergent gameplay? Legit question, and no somebody didn't take my money, I just heard someone mention something about that and I was just curious.

What rules? :)

Evilsix
01-29-2015, 06:29 AM
Its not against the rules. That's why the strongly suggest you buy the appraisal certs.

Dogempire
01-29-2015, 06:30 AM
Its not against the rules. That's why the strongly suggest you buy the appraisal certs.

You mean the appraisal certs that make you lose money on some servers?

Winker
01-29-2015, 06:36 AM

Well whats worse? Loosing your gold to someone who just ran off into the sun set with it, or buyng a few certs to make a safe trade? If the price of the certs are too high, just let the land go and let someone else have it for free.

Thre is a 16x16 space in the front of my home now for 3 days no one wants it... Land is easy to get these days

Kirah
01-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Well whats worse? Loosing your gold to someone who just ran off into the sun set with it, or buyng a few certs to make a safe trade? If the price of the certs are too high, just let the land go and let someone else have it for free.

Thre is a 16x16 space in the front of my home now for 3 days no one wants it... Land is easy to get these days

Does it makes sense to buy AC for almost 150g when one is needed every... 100g? Unless you want to sell land at loss, of course :)

Dogempire
01-29-2015, 06:39 AM

What server is this? It's probably not Ollo.

Evilsix
01-29-2015, 07:09 AM

I'm not saying I like them, or agree with them being in the cash shop (worst cash shop item IMO) I'm saying that's Trion's response.

Titanforce
01-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Scamming is legal, as long as you do not scam Trion...talk about hypocrisy. Yet Trion got scammed by XL games.

Mhydrian
01-29-2015, 08:18 AM
No Scapes actually encourages scamming. It is awesome when people get griefed.

Rekikyo
01-29-2015, 08:37 AM
What server is this? It's probably not Ollo.

windscour and peri on ollo both have unoccupied demos.

Rubyhorse2
01-29-2015, 08:51 AM
i sold a farm recently and was not going to buy the crappy appraisal certs so did on trust, like a true gent the other party paid in full.

Kloee
01-29-2015, 08:55 AM
i sold a farm recently and was not going to buy the crappy appraisal certs so did on trust, like a true gent the other party paid in full.

I've successfully bought and sold via the "trust" system. I usually make sure they are from a guild with a good reputation. I also talk with the person for a bit. I know of scammers on my server.

Ratigan
01-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Scams like this happen because appraisal certs are obscenely overpriced on the marketplace, thereby increasing their AH price to the point where using them for "secure trades" isn't economically feasible. A direct correlation can be drawn from Trion's/XL's attempt to gouge players in the marketplace and the prevalence of in-game scamming. It's like overpricing house keys in order to sell more burglar alarms.

Dogempire
01-29-2015, 09:34 AM
windscour and peri on ollo both have unoccupied demos.

I might look into it

Evilsix
01-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Scams like this happen because appraisal certs are obscenely overpriced on the marketplace, thereby increasing their AH price to the point where using them for "secure trades" isn't economically feasible. A direct correlation can be drawn from Trion's/XL's attempt to gouge players in the marketplace and the prevalence of in-game scamming. It's like overpricing house keys in order to sell more burglar alarms.

I agree. What really makes this one take the cake is that there is no way to acquire these items without paying cash. Yet they are almost a necessity in terms of land trading.

I personally feel this is one of the most f'd up moves Trion has made. Factor in the price of these and yea, its a total fail. The system doesn't work due to pricing, gating a key game mechanic exclusively behind a cash paywall is shameful.

I think of it like if they made you pay cash for an item to lock in trades in the trade window. Really what's the difference? On the one hand you protect us from scamming trades with a legit system, and on the other you force us go pay cash to have the same system for land trades.

Lame.

Nenaleath
01-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Nope, scamming is considered "emergent gameplay" by TRION.

...herp derp. :P