PDA

View Full Version : Server status?

Alciel
01-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Scapes said
The PTS will be made available after we bring the live servers back online.just yesterday, but it's still down even though live servers are up and running =(

Amary, Scapes, could you give us a status update?

Thanks!

Jin
01-29-2015, 12:35 PM
They could be getting the PTS an update to the next build. The supposed "Borderless Window".

Thoracic
01-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Trion wipe PTS dammit!!!!

Yunlee
01-29-2015, 01:32 PM
we need the PTS with the new update ! T_T Hype !!!!!!!

Qosh
01-29-2015, 01:54 PM
I just want PTS back online.

SkullMonkey
01-29-2015, 05:16 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !

you just want to see us all cry don't you Thoracic?

Saveric
01-29-2015, 06:11 PM

+1.

Wipe it and then add Diamond Shores.

SkullMonkey
01-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Why Whipe? I mean seriously there is plenty of land left in prime locations...

Coastal YNY, Coastal Villanelle Coastal everywhere really... all whiping would do is set everyone back needlessly. Right now those of us remaning on the PTS can actually help new ppl coming in by helping you get charcoal and other stuff you need to test and get up and running in game.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Why Whipe? I mean seriously there is plenty of land left in prime locations...

Coastal YNY, Coastal Villanelle Coastal everywhere really... all whiping would do is set everyone back needlessly. Right now those of us remaning on the PTS can actually help new ppl coming in by helping you get charcoal and other stuff you need to test and get up and running in game.

Wipes put everything and everyone on the same level, and at the level that the things need to be tested on. They can then set up fluffy for the gear and items that are needed for diamond shores testing for the zones and the library. PTR is for testing, it's not a place for you to live on.

Alciel
01-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Wipes put everything and everyone on the same level, and at the level that the things need to be tested on. They can then set up fluffy for the gear and items that are needed for diamond shores testing for the zones and the library. PTR is for testing, it's not a place for you to live on.

They should wipe your face instead

Stonelotus
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM

so let me see if I get this straight... they should take the time and effort to wipe out any progress people have have worked there for (time + effort) and then spend the additional time and effort, diverting developer resources to code additional commands, so that the lazy people can log in for a few minutes, open a bunch of RNG boxes and whine about drop rates while threatening not to buy them on live?

I gotta say, you have a sterling grasp of the situation and I kindly thank you for your sage advice.

Scapes
01-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Scapes, could you give us a status update?

Definitely! While we originally planned on bringing the PTS online following the live servers, we're now going to keep it offline until it's needed for the next build.

Debi
01-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Thank you for the info, that's all we wanted to know. My stockpile of crafting resources will increase in the future when it's up and running again.

Saveric
01-29-2015, 07:24 PM
so let me see if I get this straight... they should take the time and effort to wipe out any progress people have have worked there for (time + effort) and then spend the additional time and effort, diverting developer resources to code additional commands, so that the lazy people can log in for a few minutes, open a bunch of RNG boxes and whine about drop rates while threatening not to buy them on live?

I gotta say, you have a sterling grasp of the situation and I kindly thank you for your sage advice.

What additional commands? "Level me up fluffy" is already there, that's not an additional command. It's there. Fluffy already sends you a mail. The mail you get is what they set up for you to need for that testing phase.

They should wipe your face instead

Your tears are delicious.

Liloou
01-29-2015, 07:28 PM
just you could have told us earlier, specially you promised us more transparency. i think most players on pts are playing on live too, but this way you handle us dont give much motivation for us to play your game on any server.

Alciel
01-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Definitely! While we originally planned on bringing the PTS online following the live servers, we're now going to keep it offline until it's needed for the next build.

Thanks Scapes!

Scapes
01-29-2015, 07:34 PM
just you could have told us earlier, specially you promised us more transparency.

The original plan was to open it up as described. This plan changed and I was just about to post to that effect here. :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?158316-Public-Test-Server-Offline-Until-Next-Build

Stonelotus
01-30-2015, 01:57 AM
What additional commands? "Level me up fluffy" is already there, that's not an additional command. It's there. Fluffy already sends you a mail. The mail you get is what they set up for you to need for that testing phase.

Are you really oblivious to your own comments? "They can then set up fluffy for the gear and items that are needed for diamond shores testing for the zones and the library."

why are you such an unhappy little person?

Saveric
01-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Are you really oblivious to your own comments? "They can then set up fluffy for the gear and items that are needed for diamond shores testing for the zones and the library."

why are you such an unhappy little person?

Where am I unhappy? PTR is down as they set up for testing, that makes me happy. The unhappy ones are you living on the PTR that now can't access it because it's only there for testing instead of long term playing like you want it to be.

guesswho
01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Where am I unhappy? PTR is down as they set up for testing, that makes me happy. The unhappy ones are you living on the PTR that now can't access it because it's only there for testing instead of long term playing like you want it to be.
Why does it being down make you happy? I just do not get it why you even care. I can live without it but would rather play on pts. You seem to like it down just because it bothers other people which is kind of sad. You must be super happy atm with NA servers down, just imagin all those people that can not log on.

Saveric
01-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Why does it being down make you happy? I just do not get it why you even care. I can live without it but would rather play on pts. You seem to like it down just because it bothers other people which is kind of sad. You must be super happy atm with NA servers down, just imagin all those people that can not log on.

Because it means they are setting up for the next testing. Yeah NA being down is pretty funny too, those tears are yummy. EU has been fine. People getting bothered or worked up about a game instead of just taking their time off is always funny. Things happen, that's life.

Stonelotus
01-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Because it means they are setting up for the next testing. Yeah NA being down is pretty funny too, those tears are yummy. EU has been fine. People getting bothered or worked up about a game instead of just taking their time off is always funny. Things happen, that's life.

so you get worked up over people enjoying a game. that's a prime indicator of someone who is unhappy with themself. it's not uncommon for it to make others wonder why it is that you're so miserable. it's also not uncommon for someone like you to activate your other defense mechanisms like evasion, denial, and deflection. you may think it's harmless trolling but it's nothing more than a manifestation of your own unhappiness.

Saveric
01-30-2015, 06:25 PM
so you get worked up over people enjoying a game. that's a prime indicator of someone who is unhappy with themself. it's not uncommon for it to make others wonder why it is that you're so miserable. it's also not uncommon for someone like you to activate your other defense mechanisms like evasion, denial, and deflection. you may think it's harmless trolling but it's nothing more than a manifestation of your own unhappiness.

You seem to be projecting yourself onto what I'm saying to your own emotions. "Getting worked up over people enjoying the game" you're crying over a game being down, the person getting worked up emotionally is you lol. I'm just waiting on Diamond Shores as I've been on the PTR for each testing phase. And you know, actually test the game and not go and try to make it my live server like your group. What you should do as a group then since you want to play together so bad, pick a live server, set up a guild, profit in the actual game instead of just using the testing server to hide from the world and other people.

Keep thinking it's a lot of work for them to set up codes for Fluffy, keep thinking other people are unhappy, and whatever else is helping you cope with the PTR being down.

Also themselves not themself.

Debi
01-30-2015, 07:11 PM
You seem to be very interested in commanding other people in how to test. How much testing have you done? Do you not realize there are several, industry wide, systems for game testing that are not 'play the ♥♥♥♥ out of something new and then leave'.

I also have not seen anyone emotionally worked up except for you, ranting over and over how we 'are doing it wrong'.

Ah well, better things to do than argue with a singing pig, as the saying goes.

Saveric
01-30-2015, 08:42 PM
You seem to be very interested in commanding other people in how to test. How much testing have you done? Do you not realize there are several, industry wide, systems for game testing that are not 'play the ♥♥♥♥ out of something new and then leave'.

I also have not seen anyone emotionally worked up except for you, ranting over and over how we 'are doing it wrong'.

Ah well, better things to do than argue with a singing pig, as the saying goes.

lol, yes my happiness laughing at you guys emotionally responses cryng about me saying the server should be wiped because you don't want to lose your precious lands you have. You might want to go back and read all your little friends posts and their threads they've made about the servers being down.

You seem to think that other people see testing as just 'jumping on playing then leaving', you must not know about things like Feedback reports, Bug reports, testing the actual features of the game that need to be tested. And not just pretending it's live and playing it exactly the same way you play live to avoid people there. Actual servers are for the play style you want to do. I have Beta and Alpha tested many games and have been playing them for longer than you've playing games.

But then again you use alts to even hide on the forums.

Debi
01-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, though yes, you won by getting me to answer your troll post. Anyway, sorry to disappoint you but I've been a tester for almost two decades, professionally, volunteer, mmo's, single player games, betas, alphas, released, testing servers, live servers. So, yeah, I actually do know that ONE of the ways to test is to play normally and make sure that the same things are happening with the same results. I also know that directed testing is very useful, and that testing sets, or lists are the first check of any patch.

There is also testing to see the parameters of a bug, reproduction steps, frequency as well as multiple users. How much did you test? Flew around in the glider, yep, that works. How many hours did you put into testing the gazebo for dead spots, unusual outcomes of planting, and fail states of plants? How do you think they got the phrase 'spaghetti code' in the first place. I have seen a change in a decimal place knock out an entire game system for weeks before they could track it down, figure out why it broke the code, and how to program something that wouldn't break it. Add in the localization (which, by the way, I have assisted in cross checking in the past, as translating from the second language back into the first is a common double check of localization) which you would think would just be text files, except when it is not.

So, having gotten me to respond, I also address 'hiding behind an alt on the forum'. Nope, 4 accounts, 27 characters, I am known as Debi in the PTS which is the only place I have found a need to post. If I were hiding behind an alt, I would use a name not associated with the game in any way, which is what most trolls do, so they can point and look innocent by 'disagreeing' with what the 'troll' is saying. Yep, been forum admin a time or two as well.

So, since we got the information that we were asking for, I see no reason to continue a discussion that has no relevance. See you when the server's up again, girls.

Shiverwind
01-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Is it up yet?? I can't wait!

Shiverwind
01-31-2015, 08:02 PM
Well the play is lit up, it runs through hack sheild, runs the trion thingy then boom. nada

RpgKat
01-31-2015, 09:39 PM
It's dead Jim...sorry :( I wish it were back too

RpgKat
01-31-2015, 09:40 PM
O and Debi :) Hi this is Anny

Stonelotus
02-01-2015, 11:19 AM
You seem to be projecting yourself onto what I'm saying to your own emotions. "Getting worked up over people enjoying the game" you're crying over a game being down, the person getting worked up emotionally is you lol. I'm just waiting on Diamond Shores as I've been on the PTR for each testing phase. And you know, actually test the game and not go and try to make it my live server like your group. What you should do as a group then since you want to play together so bad, pick a live server, set up a guild, profit in the actual game instead of just using the testing server to hide from the world and other people.

Keep thinking it's a lot of work for them to set up codes for Fluffy, keep thinking other people are unhappy, and whatever else is helping you cope with the PTR being down.

Also themselves not themself.

1. I was right about the deflection. So predictable.
2. Please show me where I was crying about PTS being down. You're very confused right now.
3. I have been playing happily on the live servers and have even posted about it.
4. Learn to expand your word knowledge (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/themself) before you try and fail correcting someone.
5. Had to close with more evasion didn't you? :D

capoeiratr
02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
How much longer we wait?