PDA

View Full Version : Uncommon class

Lian
01-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Hey. I'm a little bit disappointed about choosing a class.
Can't decide, tried a lot of differents skillsets but can't stop changing.
I'm a pvp boy and do a lot of 1v1 5v5 and open pvp.
Well, if you got some idea about uncommon class that can dot pretty well in pvp... cause, you know, darkrunners, primevals etc are good but... too overplayed (cause it's good yeah but don't like that ).

ps : yes it's a common topic about a common subject sry

Wolfseer
01-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Well, I don't know much about PvP but I made a pretty uncommon class (at least on my server) called Warpriest. It's made up of Battlerage, Archery, and Vitalism. I don't know if it would be that good in PvP.

Gamemako
01-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Can't decide, tried a lot of differents skillsets but can't stop changing.
I'm a pvp boy and do a lot of 1v1 5v5 and open pvp.
Well, if you got some idea about uncommon class that can dot pretty well in pvp... cause, you know, darkrunners, primevals etc are good but... too overplayed (cause it's good yeah but don't like that ).

The classes that are overplayed are largely those which are the best 1v1 classes. Players measure themselves and others by 1v1, so it can be hard to find decent 1v1 classes which are not common. How do you feel about Witchcraft/Defense classes like Shadowknight and Dreambreaker?

Well, I don't know much about PvP but I made a pretty uncommon class (at least on my server) called Warpriest. It's made up of Battlerage, Archery, and Vitalism. I don't know if it would be that good in PvP.

Warpriest is not very effective generally. You're splitting stats 3 ways if you don't pick a focus, and it's hard not to end up as a janky version of a Druid.

Lian
01-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Witchcraft/defense is good but i'm afraid about the witchcraft nerf. Don't want to farm a good stuff for changing my class after the nerf :/
But if it's good after the nerf, i'll think about it. They all do pretty well or just defiler/shadowknight/dreambreaker are good ?

Gamemako
01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Witchcraft/defense is good but i'm afraid about the witchcraft nerf. Don't want to farm a good stuff for changing my class after the nerf :/
But if it's good after the nerf, i'll think about it. They all do pretty well or just defiler/shadowknight/dreambreaker are good ?

Nerf cuts the DPS of the Enervate/Grip combination in half, with the raw damage falling by a third. It's still decent, but many builds right now (especially Dreambreaker) are being used in ways they aren't intended to be used and won't work very well once the nerf hits. Dreambreaker will fall back more into a support role. Shadowknight... I'm not really sure. It's not going to grow in power from the changes, that much is certain, but I don't know enough about how they turn out long-term. You will see more Archons and Hexblades regardless, though, with the alleviation of the point crunch. The biggest thing working against you for a Witch/Def build right now is the scepter, which you will replace with an obsidian katana regardless. Obsidian weapons are going to twist the meta quite a bit for non-pure builds.

Lian
01-30-2015, 05:41 PM
I think hexblade could be the class i'm searching. You think an obsidian katana could be the BIS weapon ? Will they come out with the lv 55 patch ?

Weelah
01-30-2015, 07:07 PM
I think hexblade could be the class i'm searching. You think an obsidian katana could be the BIS weapon ? Will they come out with the lv 55 patch ?

I think they will .5 lvls are fast to get plus the new gear will break the current 6 class fest meta that is making a stale gameplay experience

Lian
01-31-2015, 06:43 AM
Can't wait obsidians weapons ! It will be interesting to fight against funny skillsets who couldn't work before 1.7.

MagnumMack
01-31-2015, 08:36 AM
I don't think you all understand how unrealistic getting an Obsidian weapon will be in the long run. There's a lot that goes into crafting it so I see very few people actually attaining and making any.

Veeshan Midst
01-31-2015, 03:04 PM
I don't think you all understand how unrealistic getting an Obsidian weapon will be in the long run. There's a lot that goes into crafting it so I see very few people actually attaining and making any.

There much easier to craft when u dont have the RNG god on ur side tbh.

draciele
02-01-2015, 04:58 AM

unrealistic? how do you figure? tier 4 is better than epherium and should be craftable within 2 hrs of library opening up. all you need is 2 illustrious salvages of the same weapon type, 1 mag salvage, and 1 epherium salvage. the rest of the mats are farmed off mobs in auroria for tier 1-3 and library for tier 4. only tier 5 and 6 are difficult to obtain due to the need of killing world bosses and library bosses.

draciele
02-01-2015, 05:03 AM

that is going to depend on how you spec it. if you rely on a heavier magic attack version, then yes, it would be BiS. if more melee focused ayanad katana would be BiS

Nieth
02-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Shroudmaster

Runor
02-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Farslayer is what i play as do decent in pvp and pve easy. Archer/Defence/Sorcerey. Havn't seen another around but havnt played much last month or so. Makes for good slows to get away when someone gets in close and i can take the hits.

Chopstiick
02-05-2015, 11:11 AM
You should try shadowknight. Witchcraft/defense/shadowplay. Doesn't have a spamming attack like triple slash or mana stars or endless arrows or fireballs, but it's fun as ♥♥♥♥ to play and you can win every class 1v1 (considering same skill, same gear, not fully buffed etc) and also good for 1v2/3 cause of the ccs.

Lian
02-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I'll think about it thanks ! What about the argent or the inquisitor, dual wielding with the obsidian shortspear ?